PDA

View Full Version : Max Strength?

sepchan
2013-03-25, 04:07 PM
So I was trying to figure out how high I could possibly get my character's strength.
I am playing a Synthesist and I am currently level 3 so this is just an idea for a possible long term goal.
We are playing a Pathfinder campaign but we have access to WOTC published 3.5 material for build options.

This is a list of what I came up with to modify my strength.
I have seen profane and sacred bonus to strength before so I included them as blank for now until I find a source.

Alchemist (Ragechemist) 2
Summoner (Synthesist) 13
War Hulk 5

{table]Source|Type|Bonus
Lvl 2 Ragechemist Mutagen|Alchemical|6
Belt|Enhancement|6
Wish x5 or +5 Tome|Inherent|5
Blood Rage Spell (Permanent)|Morale|10
|Profane||
|Sacred||
Righteous Might Spell|Size|4
Huge Evolution (Synthesist 13)|Untyped|16
Eidolon Strength Bonus (Synthesist 13)|Untyped|5
Eidolon Ability Score Increase (lvl 5)|Untyped|1
Eidolon Ability Score Increase (lvl 10)|Untyped|1
Ability Increase Evolution x3|Untyped|6
War Hulk (5 levels)|Untyped|10
[/table]

Biped Synthesist starts with a base 16 Strength.
The above bonus total is 70 resulting in a max strength of 86 at 20th level.

What I'm wondering is:
What could be used/done to push the strength higher for this character.
Would there be a base class other than Synthesist that could result in a higher maximum strength?

RFLS
2013-03-25, 05:18 PM
I'd have to check, but I'm fairly sure that Warhulk prevents you from using a majority of your other class features. I'm also fairly sure that Synthesist Summoner doesn't boost your Strength like you think it does, as you can't share your mutagens with the Eidolon, nor do your Warhulk levels apply to its Strength.

Medic!
2013-03-25, 07:07 PM
The only limitation Warhulk puts on you is that you treat any int/wis/cha based skill (other than Intimidate) as having 0 ranks....dunno how that affects anything with your class though.

Toss in a Hammer of Thunderbolts and Gauntlets of Ogre Power for some extra strength (the Hammer lets the Gauntlets stack with your Belt of Giant Strength).

Outside of various templates/racial paragons...only thing I really have to offer is that if you were possessed by a Fiend of Possession you could get a profane +4...of course that's 3.0 material and there are probably easier ways to get it done.

EDIT: Bloodlines can get you another point or two of strength.

limejuicepowder
2013-03-25, 07:09 PM
Take a single level of cancer mage, contract festering anger, wait a few weeks.

:)

sepchan
2013-03-26, 09:00 AM
I'd have to check, but I'm fairly sure that Warhulk prevents you from using a majority of your other class features.

No Time to Think (Ex): A character with levels in the war hulk prestige class is considered to have 0 ranks in all Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based skills (whether or not he has bought ranks in them previously). The only exception is the Intimidate skill, which works normally.

The only things affected by this ability are skills. I can still use all of my class features including the affected skills.

I'm also fairly sure that Synthesist Summoner doesn't boost your Strength like you think it does, as you can't share your mutagens with the Eidolon, nor do your Warhulk levels apply to its Strength.

Fused Eidolon: A synthesist summons the essence of a powerful outsider to meld with his own being. The synthesist wears the eidolon like translucent, living armor. The eidolon mimics all of the synthesist’s movements, and the synthesist perceives through the eidolon’s senses and speaks through its voice, as the two are now one creature.

The first part about the mutagen is not correct. Assuming they are fused at the time it doesn’t matter whether it’s a potion, a spell or a mutagen anything that grants a bonus or penalty to physical scores will modify the scores of the Eidolon.

The second part about the War Hulk is a little bit more confusing because to even qualify for the class (Large Size) you have to assume the Eidolon is present. It has been confirmed that the Eidolon can be used to determine whether or not you meet the prerequisites for things that you would not qualify for without the Eidolon Suit. With that in mind since you can only be a War Hulk while you are in your suit it stands to reason that any benefits from the class would modify your Fused Strength. While this is the logical interpretation we made, not every DM will agree.

Thank you for pointing out the possible flaws in the build. It certainly is important to cover your bases :)

sepchan
2013-03-26, 09:07 AM
Take a single level of cancer mage, contract festering anger, wait a few weeks.

:)

I have seen quite a few people mention this trick in different threads, but to me (and probably my DM) it seems like cheating :P

How much fun it would be though lol

Menzath
2013-03-26, 12:22 PM
Doesn't a warhulk gain +2str / level, not 1?
And then all you would need is to be able to frenzy for another 10str to get past 100, but that might be to many class levels.
Oh and a wall or cage of force will still stop you pretty darned easy, so why the enormous str?

Ravenica
2013-03-26, 12:50 PM
warhulk won't work, eidolons STR replaces yours when fused

Mithril Leaf
2013-03-26, 03:42 PM
If cheating's going to be mentionable at all, you're better off with Pain Mastery from Savage Species mixed with the omniscifier trick. You end up with literally infinite strength. But you know. Still cheating.

sepchan
2013-03-27, 07:17 PM
Doesn't a warhulk gain +2str / level, not 1?
And then all you would need is to be able to frenzy for another 10str to get past 100, but that might be to many class levels.
Oh and a wall or cage of force will still stop you pretty darned easy, so why the enormous str?
War Hulk is +2 Str per level but I was only building to 20 so I'm currently only including the bonus for 5 levels of War Hulk. Also since you brought it up I'm not trying to build an unbeatable character. I just wanted to see how high I could get my Str as sort of a personal challenge.

warhulk won't work, eidolons STR replaces yours when fused
I explained in a previous post why I am including War Hulk for this build. For the purpose of this thread please assume it works this way.

Magnera
2013-03-28, 01:52 AM
Giant size and Bite of Werebear!
Perhaps barbarian for the rage?