PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance movie

pestilenceawaits
2006-11-16, 03:50 PM
I haven't seen this on here what does everyone think?

http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/

BlueWizard
2006-11-16, 06:12 PM
That sounds cool. I hope they don't make it lame like the D&D movie that came out.
In my opinion for D&D to be interesting it has to be dangerous, and scary! {In the game!}

pestilenceawaits
2006-11-16, 06:54 PM
I hope it is good I think animation is the best route to take with it.

Neo
2006-11-16, 07:40 PM
Good to see someone making a new D&D setting movie, with actual thought behind it. Though I was never a fan of Dragonlance as it always seemed very black and white.

I say bring on the Forgotten Realms!

ray53208
2006-11-16, 08:08 PM
i dont know what to think about this movie. i guess all i can do is hope its not bad.

one day i really hope they make animated movies like they used to. american pop, heavy metal, fantastic world... real movies, not just visual todler pacifiers.

Exalted_Hater
2006-11-17, 02:19 AM
Good to see someone making a new D&D setting movie, with actual thought behind it. Though I was never a fan of Dragonlance as it always seemed very black and white.

I say bring on the Forgotten Realms!

You say Dragonlance! was black and white!!
It was a Balance of White, Grey... err, Red and Black.
Remember what Happened when the King Priest tried to make it all white?

ALL the Gods flung a Meteor at his house.

IME, The Forgotten Realms is,"Black kicking Whites *** till Salvatores Drow or Elminster come along to save the day."

Hate me if you will, but that is how the Novels and rule books describe it to me.

Fat Daddy
2006-11-17, 02:32 AM
I probably won't bother to see it. I was never a fan of the novels or the setting. So talk of a movie doesn't get me excited either.
That being said, I think animated is the way to go for a project like this. To do it justice with a live action movie would throw the budget through the roof. I do hope they do a good job on it as that would bring more people into gaming (hopefully) and that is always a good thing!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-17, 09:16 AM
That sounds cool. I hope they don't make it lame like the D&D movie that came out.
In my opinion for D&D to be interesting it has to be dangerous, and scary! {In the game!}

I just watched that then, it was a bit wooden. Snails saved the movie, and some scenes were good, the maze was very un-maze like though...

But yes, I hope that the movie will be great, I always are up for watching these types of movies, despite how bad they are.

Reinforcements
2006-11-17, 12:18 PM
Can my interest in all fantasy movies overcome my hatred for Dragonlance? Only time will tell!

The Valiant Turtle
2006-11-17, 09:48 PM
I wasn't a big dragonlance fan, but I might check it out.

The second D&D movie (I think it was called Curse of the Dragon King) was actually decent. It had no relationship at all to the first and was straight to TV/video.

I thought the first one was one of the worst movies I had ever seen, but I must admit the Dwarf was very well played. The only good memory of it I have is "If I'm not drinkin' you're not shoppin'!"

Exalted_Hater
2006-11-20, 04:05 AM
DnD may be to movies what Superman is to video games.

still not as bad as teh E.T. game... *dies*

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-12-01, 02:40 PM
Oh I'll have to watch it even though I'm sure they are goig to ruin it.

That D&D movie was SOOO AWEFULL it made be violently ill.

nows7
2006-12-04, 05:38 AM
From the official website:

Writer: The screenplay has been adapted by George Strayton (http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/movie/crew/george_strayton.asp), whose credits include "Cleopatria 2525", "Xena (http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/movie/#): Warrior Princess" and "Hercules (http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/movie/#): The Legendary Journeys".Looks bad people, looks realy realy bad. Weep now, so that by release date your tears will not flood the world.

Matthew
2006-12-04, 06:56 AM
Frankly, it could be a lot worse. Given that Weiss and Hickmann are reportedly heavily involved in every element of the Film, any real problems with it will be as much down to them as anybody else. I'm quite looking forward to this film; my girlfriend is even reading Dragon's of Autumn Twilight in preperation....

flacahoe
2006-12-04, 03:50 PM
From the official website:
Looks bad people, looks realy realy bad. Weep now, so that by release date your tears will not flood the world.

Xena and Hercules weren't that bad. Hercules kept a few of the lesser known bits of Greek lore and mythology in the stories (and changed quite a few, too) and the acting was decent. Plus Tawney Kitaen was hot in the pilot! :smallbiggrin:

Xena got a bit cheesy near the end but the story itself was pretty interesting.

If I were that guy, though, I wouldn't put the Cleopatra show on my resume. :smalltongue:

pestilenceawaits
2006-12-08, 12:14 PM
Xena and Hercules weren't that bad. Hercules kept a few of the lesser known bits of Greek lore and mythology in the stories (and changed quite a few, too) and the acting was decent. Plus Tawney Kitaen was hot in the pilot! :smallbiggrin:

Xena got a bit cheesy near the end but the story itself was pretty interesting.

If I were that guy, though, I wouldn't put the Cleopatra show on my resume. :smalltongue:

with the women that were on that show I bet every guy wishes he could put it on his resume:smallbiggrin:

Dane_Bramage
2006-12-08, 12:26 PM
I am skeptically optimistic. Of course I am looking forward to it as I am a HUGE Dragonlance fan and all things fantasy. But, knowing Hollywood's penchant to muck things up, I expect it to totally suck.

So... we shall see.