PDA

View Full Version : Fighter/Cleric Crossovers

Duboris
2013-03-25, 04:21 PM
I've lately gotten into the swing of playing Neutrally evil Fighter/clerics, and I'm trying to optimize them in a way that befits their chosen deities.

My current preferences are:
Zura, queen of Vampires and Succubi
Deskari, god of Plague and Swarms
Zon-Kuthon, god of Pain and Loss
Ymeri, god of War and Wrath

and I've been trying to find good renditions of them through a mixture of fighter and cleric levels, but I'm not sure what else I could do.

I want the clerics to be a fighter primarily, showing off their god's respective likelihood in combat, but behaving rather eccentrically out of combat.

The one I'm most definitely interested in is Ymeri, as I want a character that's going to furiously tear through swaths of enemies without any worries for himself on the battlefield. I was thinking, level 5:

Weapon Focus (Greataxe) Weapon Specialization (Greataxe) Power Attack, Furious Focus, Diehard, Endurance, Improved Sunder?

Ymeri is one of those few were I could just have an intensely religious fighter that sought weapons and equipment befitting his god, such a +str belts, or +con belts, etc, etc. He'd most likely be in full plate, if only so he can shrug off some attacks.

Opinions on other ideas?

Bucky
2013-03-25, 04:25 PM
Are you going Fighter 1/Cleric N (battle cleric with Fighter for proficiencies and the bonus feat), Fighter N/Cleric 1 (splashing for domains) or some odd mixture? And do you have a reason for using Fighter over Barbarian?

Juntao112
2013-03-25, 04:27 PM
I've lately gotten into the swing of playing Neutrally evil Fighter/clerics, and I'm trying to optimize them in a way that befits their chosen deities.
The fewer levels of fighter you have, the better the result will be.

Duboris
2013-03-25, 04:31 PM
Save for Ymeri, who is *primarily* fighter and nothing else but being very devout to brilliant fights, everyone else is Fighter 2/Cleric rest.

Bucky
2013-03-25, 04:43 PM
Save for Ymeri, who is *primarily* fighter and nothing else but being very devout to brilliant fights

Like I said, I'd suggest using Barbarian for this one instead of Fighter.

Duboris
2013-03-25, 04:48 PM
Like I said, I'd suggest using Barbarian for this one instead of Fighter.

You... Actually have a point there. I thought you meant for Cleric. Still, I can do Fighter 2 then Barb for the rest of them, couldn't I?

Fouredged Sword
2013-03-25, 06:19 PM
I would give the swarm / pet guy cleric / warlock. Just enough warlock to get summon swarm. Then cleric the rest of the way.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-25, 06:23 PM
I would give the swarm / pet guy cleric / warlock. Just enough warlock to get summon swarm. Then cleric the rest of the way.

What, no Eldritch Disciple? Dual advancement warlock/cleric would be pretty cool here.

Greenish
2013-03-25, 06:38 PM
I've been trying to find good renditions of them through a mixture of fighter and cleric levels, but I'm not sure what else I could do.Have you considered PrCs (maybe even instead of fighter)? Ordained Champion (CChamp.) makes a great fighting cleric, Bone Knight (5N) is a creepy dude who hangs out with undead, Ruby Knight Vindicator (ToB) is a warrior/caster with side order of sneak, and so forth.

Say, statting Ymeri as a Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 1, we'd get 4 BAB, 4th level casting, full plate, martial weapon proficiency & weapon focus (from War domain), one or two fighter bonus feats (swapping out other domain powers), and you could spontaneously cast spells from War domain (instead of inflict spells). The next level you'd get Diehard for free, and Smite (powered by Rebuke Undead). Later on, you get to auto-quicken war domain spells, channel spells through your weapon, sacrifice spells for DR, etc.