PDA

View Full Version : Lightbringer of Aarinoth Prc

tricktroller
2013-03-25, 04:38 PM
Hey playgrounders!

I created a god for a DM's world with a militant order known as the Knights of Aarinoth, and now I want to make a Prc that fits in line with what they are and do. To be a Knight of Aarinoth you must be human, 3rd level minimum, and you must be sponsored by a member. Being a Knigh of Aarinoth upon character creation is fine as long as you are 3rd+.

Aarinoth is a lawful good deity with favored weapon bastard sword.
His domains are: Light, Healing, War, Justice, and Glory.

Aarinoth is known as the Hospitaler God or the Lightbringer.

So the Prc is for a Lightbringer of Aarinoth.

Prereqs

Bab: +5
Feats: EWP Bastard Sword, Power Attack, and Augment or Healing Devotion
Skills: Know Religion 3, Heal 3, and Ride 3
Special: Must be a Knight of Aarinoth

Lightbringer of Aarinoth
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
Spells per day

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Lay on hands, Light, Radiance|

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3| Arm of Aairnoth|
+1 level of existing divine class

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Daylight 1/day|

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4||

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4||

6th|+6|+5|+2|+5|Daylight 2/day|

7th|+7|+5|+2|+5||

8th|+8|+6|+2|+6||

9th|+9|+6|+3|+6|Daylight 3/day|

10th|+10|+7|+3|+7||

[/table]
Alignment: Lawful Good
Hit Die: d10

Class Skills:As Paladin
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

Sunbeam 1/day at 8th 9th or 10th level?

Arm of Aarinoth: Starting at 2nd level add 1/2 your Lightbringer of Aarinoth level to weapon damage rolls with a bastard sword.

Light of Aarinoth: At 4th level you may cast any spell with the light descriptor of 1/2 your Lightbringer of Aarinoth level as a swift action. (4th level means 2nd level and lower light spells are swift actions at 10th 5th level and lower are swift.)

Hand of Aarinoth: At 6th Level ?

Fist of Aarinoth: At 10th level any bastard sword you use of masterwork or greater quality gains the holy property as well as the metalline property. This stacks with any other enchantments.

And that is as far as I have gotten. I could use some help making abilities or borrowing them. Trying to keep the power level moderate. I want Clerics, Paladins, and Fighters to be able to take this. I have thought about making it require Lawful Good as well.

So what do you think so far of the class? Too much already? Too little? Thanks for your help guys!

Also I have 10 Analects of Aarinoth written up that I can add as well to give more idea for the flavor.

This PRC doesn't fight a specific enemy. They are meant to be walking holy avengers/inquisitors/and champions of good. Any abilities they get should revolve around Aarinoth's domains.

Quiddle
2013-03-26, 12:10 AM
Use this table. Quote me then copy and paste it into your post.

Lightbringer of Aarinoth
Spells per day

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3| Weapon Focus(bastard sword)|

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Weapon Specialization(bastard sword)|

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4||

7th|+7|+5|+2|+5||

8th|+8|+6|+2|+6||

10th|+10|+7|+3|+7||

[/table]
Alignment: Lawful Good???
Hit Die: d10???

Class Skills:?????
Skill Points at Each Level: 4(???) + Int modifier

Also this class is currently very underpowered, clerics already have light at will because its a zeroth lvl spell; clerics can also cast daylight many more times than your class can. What do you mean by pelor's radiance?
How about an ability that allows you to add your Lightbringer of Aarinoth level to all attacks rolls and dmg when using a bastard sword? or additional domains? You need to fill all those dead lvls and get rid of the daylight uses because they aren't that useful( you could give them a permanent daylight centered on themselves that they can toggle). More dmg buffs and DC/caster lvl bonuses when in bright light.

tricktroller
2013-03-26, 09:48 AM
Yeah I know it is underpowered as is, its not complete. The Daylight and light spells are to go with the whole light theme including for the paladins and fighters who might take this class. I would like to put more class features in that would make a fighter want to take this class or a paladin.

The Radiance class features is like that of a radiant servant of Pelors. same name same ability. Spells with light descriptor have radius of effect doubled and is treated as a level higher. so his at will light is a first level spell that sheds bright illumination in 40 ft and dim in 40 feet after that.

anacalgion
2013-03-26, 07:03 PM
If you're giving out daylight I'd throw in sunbeam as well, with some sort of progression. You could say that at 5th (or whatever really) level you can cast spells with the light descriptor as a swift action, which would make it a lot more appealing to paladins, as they would still get their full attack. I like the idea of adding class level, or maybe class level/2 to attack and damage rolls with bastard swords, because as is, the weapon specialization is redundant for fighters, making it less attractive, rather than more. You could start with that stuff, and I'll let you know if anything else comes to me.

tricktroller
2013-03-27, 11:12 AM
Lightbringer of Aarinoth
Spells per day

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3| Arm of Aairnoth|

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4||

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4||

7th|+7|+5|+2|+5||

8th|+8|+6|+2|+6||

10th|+10|+7|+3|+7||

[/table]
Alignment: Lawful Good???
Hit Die: d10???

Class Skills:?????
Skill Points at Each Level: 4(???) + Int modifier

So maybe Sunbeam 1/day at 8th 9th or 10th level?

Arm of Aarinoth: Starting at 2nd level add 1/2 your Lightbringer of Aarinoth level to weapon damage rolls with a bastard sword.

Light of Aarinoth: At 4th level you may cast any spell with the light descriptor of 1/2 your Lightbringer of Aarinoth level as a swift action. (4th level means 2nd level and lower light spells are swift actions at 10th 5th level and lower are swift.)

Hand of Aarinoth: At 6th Level ?

Fist of Aarinoth: At 10th level any bastard sword you use of masterwork or greater quality gains the holy property as well as the metalline property. This stacks with any other enchantments.

tricktroller
2013-04-01, 09:13 AM
anything new folks?

Ir0npanda
2013-04-01, 08:17 PM
They need bonuses when fighting undead or nocturnal foes and denizens of the underdark.

Also give them access to and bonuses when casting most light spells like sunburst.

Maybe fast healing in strong light or daylight?

An aura that they can toggle which radiates heat which tires or exhausts foes without adaptation to hot conditions?

Ill think of other stuff

tricktroller
2013-04-16, 04:47 PM
any new thoughts?

JoshuaZ
2013-04-16, 06:54 PM
You may get more responses if you edit in the good table into the top post, and include there the well formatted versions of each of the abilities. People are more likely to look at that than scroll down to see the well formatted version. Class features are going to matter a fair bit here, but 8/10 casting with a d10 hit die is strong to start with.

Is there any specific type of enemy they particularly care about fighting? Evil outsiders? Chaotic outsiders? Undead? Aberrations? If so, abilities that go against that type may make sense. A smite ability against such, or some increase to save DCs for their spells against it might help. Possibly also some bonus to saves against their natural abilities?

You need to specify effective caster levels for abilities like Light and the like, and specify which abilities are spell-like, (Su), and which are (Ex).

Regarding- Weapon Specialization at level 4, it may make sense to let them get another bonus feat off the fighter list if they already have Weapon Specialization. Also, it should be stated that they get Weapon Specialization even if they don't meet the usual prereqs for it.

If you want to be that combat focused, it might make do something like adding half their level to effective fighter level for qualifying for feats.

Something involving Sunbeam or Sunburst might be nice.

tricktroller
2013-04-17, 09:21 AM
Like that?

Light at will will be an ex: or su: but all others will be sp:

They will no longer receive weapon spec.

My main goal for this is to make something a fighter/paladin/Cleric would be ok to take.

My cleric of Aarinoth, Sir Chandler, is a knight of Aarinoth and would love to take something like this. Nothing quite like bringing the Light of Aarinoth to the heathens.

Also if you have read the Wheel of Time series imagine the Knights of Aarinoth like Children of the Light. Instead of mostly hating Aes Sedai these guys just hate evil.

eftexar
2013-04-17, 03:27 PM
I would focus on some weapon enhancements. And you could probably give them an add-on spell list, like they do in sandstorm or frostburn, that actually just hands them some light spells in addition to their others. You could even knock the levels of some of them down (since light spells tend to be weaker early on anyways).

A cool ability I could see is allowing them to form weapons or objects out of light, sort of like the shadowcraft ability in ToM, but I'm not sure how utilitarian you intend this class to be so I don't if it fits.

How about an aura of Hallow that treats them as a shrine. God's of light are often vehemently opposed to undead so it might work.

I would move the spellcasting increase at 3rd to 10th. If there is only one or two caster levels lost I think it better they be early on.

This PrC is sort of unfair in relation to the cleric and paladin. The high BaB is too much for the cleric, but dropping it would hurt the paladin.

And have you thought of switching good fortitude for reflex. It's unusual, but it fits the theme of light and gives paladins an edge they don't normally have (plus that makes the class all the more distinct).