PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on a build for a PF Goliath

Monodominant
2013-03-25, 05:00 PM
Howdy!

So, I need the playgrounds advise on building a character for a new game I will be playing in.

Its going to be PF but with limited 3.5 material allowed on a case by case basis (hence I'd rather the advise focus on PF stuff and not 3.5 to avoid disappointment)

I will be playing a Goliath (adjusted to PF to basically match the Half-Giant if you remove the psionic stuff and add more 3.5 Goliath abilities). The Powerful build stays and stat wise I will have +2 str, +2 wis, -2 dex.

The rolled stats I got are 10,14,12,17,11,15

I am planning to do some form of monk (grappler)/cleric. Could go straight cleric but I do want to incorporate the idea of unarmed strike and grappling even if suboptimal. I dont -have- to be a monk (give that I know how underpowered it is) but I think the first 2 levels of monk are sweet (evasion, Wisdom to AC, decent saves, improved grapple, improved unarmed strike that does d8 etc)

We are starting at level 1 but the campaign is expected to reach at least 10.

So, I would like you advise on how to optimise/improve and how to 'build' the character for level 1 so as to have chance to maximise in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Monodominant
2013-03-26, 01:27 AM
Nothing? Not even a sliver of hope for poor me? Not even a hint of an idea?

Crustypeanut
2013-03-26, 01:39 AM
How about a Goliath Inquisitor in Full Plate, with a large Halberd & Buckler Gun, who hates Daemons and yells things about some god-emperor?

:3

Monodominant
2013-03-26, 03:37 AM
Haha nice idea...

Perhaps monk 2/inquisitor 1/cleric after could work...

Still that way I lose my wisdom to AC synergy.

Is there a way to keep wisdom bonus and wear armor?