PDA

View Full Version : Freeing the slaves IC

Awesomeusername
2013-03-25, 05:21 PM
Alright, let's get this started

War has broken out across the entire continent. Slaves that had served for their entire lives now up in arms against their former captors. The war was started by a few Humans that wanted to set free the slaves, so they slowly broke slaves out of their imprisonment and trained them for battle.

Two of you are some of the Humans that joined the slaves in the rebellion after it had gained some strength. Two of you are variations on Humans that have been quarantined in villages of your own kind as to not 'spread the disease' amongst the true Humans. The last two are former slaves, freed during the rebellion and now fighting against their past owners.

It has been a year since the rebellion started, and almost a third of the slaves have been freed. You have been gathered to search for an artifact found by a Human scout that many of the leaders believe will greatly help the war effort. You are all currently in a tent where you are to get to know one another and to learn each others' strengths and weaknesses to help make the team stronger. The tent is located in an outpost close to the front lines of the war.

super dark33
2013-03-25, 05:32 PM
You all seem capable. What is your Proffesion and how will it help the mission?
Seenjid talks swiftly, as he is always in a hurry.
His dark eyes dart over each one of you, looking at where he would strike if he was to fight them, searching weakness to be protected.

Awww yeah! Time to bring down the system!

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-25, 05:41 PM
"My name is Miguel Orellana. My many talents include setting people on fire, and making them explode." Miguel smiled at each of the others in turn, seeming to welcome them, set them at ease. "I am not good for too much beyond this, but I am very, very good at this."

"But come now," Miguel laughed "This does not need to be so serious, we will all be friends by end of this, no? So let us laugh, we may not be able to for a very long while." His eyes twinkled with humor as he looked at Seenjid "And it is hard to laugh with men whose names you do not know, eh?"

super dark33
2013-03-25, 05:53 PM
In what Seenjid lacks in humor, he has in discipline.

My name is Seenjid, I have trained for years to fight with my blade that belonged to my ancestors.
It was forged by an Otaku weeabo over blue anima fires.

Seenjid unsheathed his weapon.

Its name is The SORD....

sournote103
2013-03-25, 05:54 PM
Lhyr sat in the corner, hunched over his weapons and armor. He looked up and quietly mumbled something that could be parsed as "My name is Lhyr, and I just hit things with weapons," before going back to cleaning his armaments.
At several points throughout the conversation, Lhyr's stomach growled in protest of his latest attempt at dieting, with his embarrassment growing more and more obvious with each rumble of his sizable gut. Eventually, he simply couldn't take it any longer and reached into his nearby bag to pull out some rations, which he could hardly restrain himself from eating all at once. Once finished wolfing down the rations, he shrank further back into the corner of the tent, hoping to stay unnoticed despite the fact that he knew that he needed to interact with the others.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-03-25, 06:18 PM
"Name's Alden. I'm an incarnate of law. My soulmelds will let me do almost anything we need done. I just need some warning ahead of time." When Seenjid mentions his weapon's name, Alden scoffs. "You named your weapon? Really?"

super dark33
2013-03-25, 06:22 PM
"Name's Alden. I'm an incarnate of law. My soulmelds will let me do almost anything we need done. I just need some warning ahead of time." When Seenjid mentions his weapon's name, Alden scoffs. "You named your weapon? Really?"

My ancestors named the SORD...., as an incarnate of law, you should know how important tradition is..

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-25, 06:25 PM
Miguel's mouth twitched upward as he fought to contain his amusement at Seenjid's SORD. It seemed important to him, best not to jest about it. Well, at least not while it was unsheathed.

"Seenjid my friend, sheathe your blade. I find pointy objects this close to my face disconcerting." Miguel said as he raised his hands. "An accident could be incredibly painful, and I find that pain does not agree with me." The last was added with a smile, to show that he wasn't truly worried.

Miguel's smile quickly dipped into a frown, when he heard Lhyr mutter in the corner. Miguel took a few steps toward the gnoll before speaking. "You said your name was Lhyr, yes? Do not be so shy, Lhyr. We will have fought beside each other on the morrow, there should be no such reluctance between brothers in arms, eh. Come, we will not bite." Miguel spoke calmly and quietly, keeping the conversation between himself and Lhyr. It wouldn't do to embarrass him further.

Hamste
2013-03-25, 06:26 PM
I am Con, a magician and a healer. My healing skills are mildly weak but I am an ok wizard. I am fine with my bow and fighting ranged. I am knowledgeable in both magic and magical items. I have never been the healthiest or strongest so I should stay from the fighting with my long sword. I can speak with elves, gnomes, orcs and things from the abyss. Con said as he hacked a nasty cough. He looked slightly pale and sickly particularly when compared to the others in the room. He was worried that he might be the weakest person in the room as some of the others looked quite fearsome and he vowed to himself that he would train himself until he was stronger than all of them.

super dark33
2013-03-25, 06:38 PM
As you wish.
Seenjid sheathed the SORD, enjoying the sound it produces.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-03-25, 06:59 PM
"Tradition, right..." Alden turns to the others assembled. "So, what's our assignment again? And when are we heading out?"

super dark33
2013-03-25, 07:09 PM
We are to find an artifect with magical properties from some caves and bring it back to the camp.

sournote103
2013-03-25, 07:13 PM
In rely to Miguel, Lhyr said, "Um... yeah. That's right." Lhyr tried to make an effort to smile and withdraw from the corner into which he had wedged himself, but his apprehension and anxiety were plainly obvious to anyone looking at him. Despite his thick fur, one could swear that he was visibly blushing as he tried to engage himself more actively in the conversation.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-25, 08:50 PM
The winged Silverbrow watched as the others made their introductions. "My name is Lucian. I am tutored in the way of the Soldier, Wizard and Priest. Before you ask, no, I cannot fly. Yet. I can, however, glide. I have not, as of yet, prepared my spells, we are going to a cave, so perhaps, hm." He closes his eyes and leans against the side of the tent.

In his mind he pictures a vast library, books upon books are stacked in cases taller than mountains, and are wider than the eye can see. No matter where he goes in this fantasy, there is always light, as if the sun shone through some unseen window.

Walking through one of the uncountable aisles, he scans book after book, looking for particular tomes. He gathers several and sits at a desk that always appeared when needed. He then sets to work deciphering them. In his mind's eye, these books are filled with symbols and incantations, each pertaining to a very real spell. Discarding a couple of them, he begins to fuse their esscence with his own.

Transforming each book into a spirit, he carefuly binds each of the eight spirits to himself. Four glowing and burning with an Arcane purple and four glowing with a Divine blue. Slowly the spirits become a part of him, infusing his soul with their combined strength, waiting for the time they are released again. But Lucian is not done yet.

Leaving the desk, Lucian walks through the now-existing door into a large, furnished, dark hall. Like an Emperor's throne room in the dead of night. Walking to the center of the hall, he outstreches his arms and sends out a subtle call. As if awoken by a soft hum, all manner of spirit rose from the furnishings, like children hiding in secret places. The spirits went to him, and all gave strength.

Opening his eyes, Lucian was a little out of breath. Touching worlds like that is a little tiring.

Spells prepared:

Arcane:

1st level:
Benign Transposition
Dispel Ward
(Both Spell Compendium)
Summon Monster 1

2nd Level
Dark Way
(SpC)

Divine

1st level:
Omen of peril
Updraft
(Both SpC)
Cause fear

2nd level:
Iron silence
(SpC)

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-26, 05:48 AM
Miguel smiled brightly at Lhyr and gestured toward the group. In a soft voice meant only for the gnoll Miguel whispered, "We are your friends, you will find nothing but acceptance here."

Miguel turned towards the rest of the group, without turning away from Lhyr. "Our mission is to enter the cave and retrieve an artifact rumored to reside there." Miguel smirked "Supposedly, we will know it when we see it. I have no doubt that if the artifact is truly there we will meet resistance. Even if the artifact is not there I do not doubt it will still be inhabited." Miguel swiveled his head to look at each member of the group in turn. "We leave when we are all ready."

sournote103
2013-03-26, 06:54 AM
Lhyr tried to make an effort to speak up and peak confidently as he said "I'm ready," but ended up seeming almost more cowardly when he trailed off partway through.

super dark33
2013-03-26, 07:13 AM
Then let us depart.
Seenjid walked to the tent entrence.

Awesomeusername
2013-03-26, 06:43 PM
As Seenjid walks to the tent entrance, before he could walk out, a man comes in. "It seems that you have all met one another and are ready to go to the cave. If you would like, I could show you the way there."

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-26, 07:55 PM
Miguel nodded. "We're ready, show us the way."

Awesomeusername
2013-03-26, 09:17 PM
"Alright then", The man leads the party to the mouth of the dungeon which is guarded by 2 people who have their weapons crossed across the entrance. The man says to the guards "These are the guys chosen for the mission, let 'em through". As you enter the cave, the guards say "Good luck".

The first area of the dungeon looks to be just a straight corridor about 10 ft. wide. The path also seems to be sloped downwards a little.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-27, 03:27 PM
Miguel put a hand on the Orc's arm to forestall him from leaving. "Wait, is there anything more you can tell us about this dungeon, and the artifact we're supposed to retrieve before we go. Right now, we are blind, this does not make for good odds of success, eh?" Miguel smiled as he spoke the words, trying to sound as reasonable as possible.

Rolling for diplomacy, if necessary.
[roll0]
Add all relevant attitude modifiers, I'm not sure which apply right now.

Awesomeusername
2013-03-27, 06:00 PM
"From what I heard, this cave was found by a Ranger on a night-time scouting mission", he leans in toward you and whispers, "don't tell anyone you heard it from me, but I was also told that he heard some sort of odd howling or growling sound, definitely not from our world." He returns to his previous posture and says "Now the artifact, I don't really know much about it as no-one has seen it before, but the seers have said that it's putting out a pretty good sized aura and I'm guessing that it probably glows, as magic things tend to do. Anything else before you go?"

super dark33
2013-03-27, 06:03 PM
Keep the good job solider.

Seenjid has entered the cave.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-27, 06:14 PM
Miguel nodded and released the orc's arm. "Thank you, your aid may very well have saved our lives." Turning to the rest of the party, Miguel spoke again, more loudly this time. "I do not think we venture into the lair of a common bear, be wary."

As if in response to his own words Miguel slowly unsheathed his sword. "Iluminar." A trickle of power leapt out from him, focused and bound by his words, and fixed on the point of his blade, blossoming into a steady magical light.

Cast Light on my sword. 40 minute duration.

Hamste
2013-03-27, 06:56 PM
Con followed after the others. So what does everyone think this item does? I mean, if they wanted to wait some time we could just starve out any living things in there. If they keep guarding the entrance from letting anything enter or leave then send a couple of clerics in with orders to take as long as they need then they could get to it so much easier. Then again if there is a cleric in there we could end up starving everything to find it filled with undead. So what is the plan while we are in here? He rambled to the others as he walked along. He hoped this wouldn't end too horribly. Tutela a sagittas
he muttered under his breath as he made some arcane gestures to protect himself from arrows and smiled with relief that the spell worked. He had been worried that the very first spell that he cast with his new colleagues would fail.

10% chance of failing want higher then ten [roll0] used spell protection from arrows.

sournote103
2013-03-27, 07:02 PM
Lhyr entered the dungeon with the others, already drawing his sword and readying his shield.

Using my shield to grant cover for now.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-27, 07:08 PM
"We are in a war, Con. We do not have time to starve out one cave, artifact or no." Miguel explained as he moved forward. "Someone has to at least try and retrieve it, if the diviners have felt it's aura from up here. I have no doubt that we are the most expendable combatants with a reasonable chance of success." Miguel smiled, to show it was a joke, or at least partially. "If we don't come back they get to reevaluate and play politics as they send the most disruptive in next." Miguel shrugged. "It's all politics to the men in charge. Our lives are not terribly important in the grand scheme of things."

"I will not let that happen, of course. I intend to be back in my wife's arms by nightfall, and I will take you home with me."Miguel paused for a moment. "Not literally of course, I doubt my tent will be fit for polite company tonight."

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-27, 08:15 PM
Thinking upon the Orc's words, Lucian spoke up. "If the Orc is correct, and there are "Howls from another world" then chances are we are dealing with some sort of Demon, weak, drawn to or by the artefact. Possibly Dretches, Quasits are out of the question. Assuming we are dealing with demons, that is. Possibly some pit spawned beasts, if not demons. It probably won't be a Devil, as they're not that bestial."

"Spirit of light, I require your aid. Come forth and light my path"

Lucian picks up a small pebble from the ground, and enchants it with the power of light.

Lucian casts light on the pebble. Duration 40mins.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-03-27, 08:19 PM
"That's reassuring," Alden mutters as he follows the others. "As an additional note, we can't be sure that there aren't other entrances to this place. Even if we had time to starve whatever's in here out, assuming it needs food to begin with, it wouldn't be feasible."

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-27, 08:30 PM
"If these are demons, then are we to deal with them? I admit my knowledge of other planes is not extensive." Miguel looked at Lucien, then at Con. "What do you know of these minor demons?"

I'll try my own check:
Know: Planes [roll0]

Hamste
2013-03-28, 03:30 PM
I don't know very much about demons though I do know a bit about the religions based around demons and maybe a bit about the magic to summon them...on the bright side I do know how to speak to them and we might be able to scare or convince the weaker ones to not fight us if need be. I wouldn't trust them farther than I can throw them but you never know when the ability to communicate could be helpful. Though it could be elementals, particularly air elementals, they have been known to be quite loud in closed spaces where their winds bounce off the walls and if sucked through they could get stuck. Con said as he thought about what he knew on the subject.

+3 planes check about demons plus another one on devils (common knowledge only)
+9 for religions check on things that are offered to demons or devils in demon sects and things that are never worn by the priests (or are worn for protection)...not sure how many different checks this is? The questions asked would probably be tough unless if there is a big demon or devil sect in this world.
+9 for Arcana Check on demon or devil summoning and if he knows of any object that can summon them. Also on the type of things wizards do to protect themselves from the demons or devils they are summoning. Not sure at all what type of question this is or how many.

...I added the devils checks just in case if it ever comes up.

super dark33
2013-03-29, 10:31 AM
What i know about demons is that they die when you slash them. lets move on quickly.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-29, 10:34 AM
"All I can remember is that electricity and poison work badly against them. That is not much." Miguel frowned slightly as he spoke. "There is nothing for it then, we must press on."

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-03-29, 02:20 PM
"Agreed." As he marched, Alden racked his brain for any information he had on demons.
Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (religion): [roll1]
Knowledge (the planes): [roll2]

Awesomeusername
2013-03-30, 09:09 AM
As you get to the end of the corridor, you see that the path makes a U, heading back in the direction you came, but again heading downwards.

Walking down the corridor, you spot a wooden door on your right. The corridor continues past the door.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-30, 11:45 AM
Migeul raised a hand to call the group to a stop and gestured to the door, then to Seenjid, and back to the door.

super dark33
2013-03-30, 12:18 PM
Seenjid walked, sword drawn, to the right of the door and stood there by the wall, waiting for the others to move into door formation.

He pointed at Lhyr, then at the ground in front of the door, then at Alden, then at the ground on the left of the door, then with three fingers he swirled in the air and pointed in a small distence in front of the door.

sournote103
2013-03-30, 12:19 PM
Assuming that the others knew what they were doing, Lhyr moved to where Seenjid had told him to.

super dark33
2013-03-30, 12:27 PM
Seenjid puts his ear near the door, trying to listen if anything is there.

SENSE TECH: EARS OF THE RABBIT:[roll0]

Awesomeusername
2013-03-30, 12:37 PM
Seenjid hears a sneeze, then muted whispering coming from the other side of the door. You can make out 3 voices.

super dark33
2013-03-30, 01:16 PM
Seenjid points at the door and lifts three fingers, then makes a cutting gesture with his middle finger on them.

Thats how his tribe signels enemies.

Hamste
2013-03-30, 01:24 PM
Con drew his bow and tried to get the best angle he could to fire through the door when it opened. He considered casting one of spells to increase the defence of his friends but now did not seem to be the time to say anything in case if there was anything on the other side. He had no idea what that last symbol meant but might as well be as safe as sorry so he stayed as quiet as possible.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-30, 01:27 PM
Miguel nodded. Three people. He gestured to Lhyr, then back to the door, and mouthed the words "Try it."

sournote103
2013-03-30, 01:28 PM
Readying his shield to block any attack that might come through the door, Lhy slowly and carefully cracked the door.

Using my tower shield to grant cover.

super dark33
2013-03-30, 01:43 PM
Seenjid meditated, and summoned the shadows around him to conceal his limbs with windy movements.

BATTLE STANCE: ISLAND OF BLADES: if an ally and i stand near a foe, the foe is considered flanked no matter to the position. can apply to multiple enemies.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-30, 01:44 PM
Miguel extended his left hand towards Lhyr and the door, preparing to fire around him.

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-03-30, 02:09 PM
Alden lifted his sword and readied his shield on his arm.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-30, 02:46 PM
Lucian draws his sword, puts the pebble in his pocket and keeps his left hand ready for spells.

Awesomeusername
2013-03-30, 03:09 PM
After Lyhr cracks open the door, the door is quickly opened fully from the other side. At the other side of the door stands a small snarling green figure, a Goblin, and is joined by 4 others. They are obviously ready to fight, roll for initiative.

super dark33
2013-03-30, 05:01 PM
Seenjid lifts the SORD.... vertically, shadows begin to form around the blade, then jump aside to form a second bright white blade.

Raagh!

COMBAT OPERENDII: SHADOW BLADE TECHNIQUE:

[roll0] attack roll 1
[roll1] attack roll 2
[roll2] confirm critical
[roll3] Weapon damage Edit:+3 wis is 12 final damage.

Shadow blade technique makes two rolls: I can pick the higher to make a normal attack, or use the lower to add 1d6 cold damage.
Pick edit: I use the higher roll.
Edit: also there are the bonuses from flanking due to island of blades.

Lord Ruby34
2013-03-30, 06:14 PM
"Fuerza!" Miguel snarled the word, and three projectiles of pure magic flew from his fingers, each slamming into a different Goblin.

Cast Magic Missile, targeting the Goblin Seenjid hit and the two nearest the door.

Goblin One takes [roll0]
Goblin Two takes [roll1]
And Goblin three takes [roll2]

Awesomeusername
2013-03-30, 06:59 PM
After getting pummeled, goblin one retreats backwards (5 ft. step and move action), and then throws a javelin at Lhyr.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

And the rest of the goblins do the same (seeing as Lhyr's the only thing to hit). Goblin three also takes a small step backwards.

Goblin 3
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Goblin 4
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Goblin 5
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Goblin 6
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Goblin 2 (hidden behind the door), gets around the door and into the spot where goblin one was and attacks Seenjid.

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1803/room3.png

Hamste
2013-03-30, 07:19 PM
Con fired his arrow past the Lyhr at the horribly beaten up goblin.

[roll0] and [roll1] if it hits. Firing at goblin 1

Awesomeusername
2013-03-30, 07:24 PM
Failing at retreating, the battered goblin finally breaths his last breath as Con's arrow rips through him. (Goblin 1's dead)

sournote103
2013-03-30, 07:34 PM
Easily weathering the battery of arrows, Lhyr slashed at the nearest goblin with his sword.

Attack- [roll0]
Crit confirmation- [roll1]
Damage- [roll2]

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-03-30, 10:21 PM
Alden leans in a slashes at the goblin in the doorway.
Swift action to move 2 essentia into Incarnate Avatar from Keeneye Lenses, and you know what? Power attacking for 2.
Attack: [roll0]
Crit confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] EDIT: And I forgot to add my PA damage bonus. That should be 14 damage.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-02, 06:27 AM
With a small gesture, Lucian mumbles "Spirit of travel, I require your aid. Bring a beast from the depths of hell." In the room, a Fiendish Monstrous Medium Centipede appeared.

Lucian casts Summon Monster 1, and directs the summon as close as possible to the top right Goblin.

super dark33
2013-04-02, 07:16 AM
Lifting his SORD...., Seenjid strikes against the recent doorway goblin.

AGRESS: [roll0] attack
[roll1] critical
[roll2]

Lord Ruby34
2013-04-02, 02:41 PM
"Fuego!" The word was accompanied by burst of fire, scorching two goblins.

Use fiery burst, hitting goblins five and six.

DC 15 Reflex for half.

[roll0]

Awesomeusername
2013-04-05, 03:39 PM
After being summoned, the Centipede attacks the nearest goblin (#6)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The goblin blocking the door (#2) decides that he can't effectively hold the door against the wall of metal (Lhyr) and tries to slowly make a retreat. (5 ft step and attack Lhyr)

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

The other goblins follow the example and back off as well. (Move actions and goblin #2 5 ft step)

Goblins #3-5 all attack Lhyr again, and goblin #6 attacks the centipede

Goblin 3:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Goblin 4:
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Goblin 5:
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Goblin 6:
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5660/room3r.png

sournote103
2013-04-06, 05:58 PM
Attempting to allow his allies into the room to better dispatch the goblins, Lhyr stepped into the room and attempted to charge at the nearest goblin and shove it away from the door.

Moving one square through the door then Bull Rushing Goblin 2.

Bull Rush check - [roll0]

Hamste
2013-04-06, 05:59 PM
Con aimed at another goblin and fired at it. These things were tough... possibly the artifact was causing it. If an artifact could do this to goblins the armies would be unstoppable.

[roll0] attack roll and [roll1] damage if it hits. Forgot to mention at goblin 3

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-07, 08:16 AM
Lucian steps into the room, and stands over the goblin corpse. He beings to cast one of his spells, but part way through, disrupts the energies and reshapes them into another spell. A dripping green orb bursts from his hands, flying towards Goblin 5.

Converted Dispel Ward into Orb of Acid, Lesser.

Rolls:

Attack (Touch): [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

ToySoldierCPlus
2013-04-07, 05:21 PM
Alden moves into the room, placing himself between Lucian and goblin 3.
Insufficient movement to reach any goblin except goblin 2, and I don't know what's going on with that one except that it got bullrushed.

Lord Ruby34
2013-04-07, 05:32 PM
Miguel stepped into the room and intoned a single word. "Fuerza." Three missles of pure magic flew out of his hands and unerringly struck three goblins in their chests. Miguel raised his sword to a two-handed guard and spoke loudly. "Surrender if you do not wish to die!"

I'll enter the room, behind Lucien and cast Magic Missile, targeting Goblins two, six, and three.

Goblin two sucks some force [roll0]

Goblin three eats a missile [roll1]

Goblin six learns entirely too much about force damage for his liking. [roll2]

super dark33
2013-04-10, 04:10 AM
Seenjid walks and stands on the dead body of goblin II.

Face me!