PDA

View Full Version : Character help pls: options for my character

Balldanor
2013-03-25, 08:53 PM
I'm currently playing a NE Firbolg (10.5 ft tall, 850 lb) Fighter 5/Cleric 3 with 20 13 18 10 12 3 as my ability scores. Feats are Power Attack, Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Weapon Focus (Longsword), Weapon Specialization (Longsword). Domains are Hatred and Destruction (deity is Tiamat).

Here are the options I'm looking into.. any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated:

a) Add 2-4 levels of Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian for pounce and rage

b) Add 2-4 levels of Wolf Totem Barbarian for Improved Trip and rage (no way I can ever get Combat Expertise with my char intelligence)

c) Add 2-4 levels of Warblade for martial maneuvers and stances (also a possibility to continue with Warblade alternating with Cleric levels the rest of the way out to avoid multi-class penalties)

Each of them would be most likely be followed by fighter levels the rest of the way (although Runescarred Barbarian is possible if I can convince the DM to help me roleplay the regional requirements into the build)

I would really appreciate the feedback please.

Balldanor
2013-03-29, 09:00 PM
Bumping for visibility

ddude987
2013-03-29, 09:05 PM
How about do both lion and wolf. You can as they both give up different class features. Two levels of barbarian would go a long way.

Also combat reflexes would be easy just grab a +4 to int item

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-29, 09:14 PM
A Firbolg has 13 HD (levels of Giant that are not optional) and a +5 LA according to the update booklet, making it an ECL 18 race. Adding Fighter 5/ Cleric 3 to that makes it a level 26 character.

My advice would be to play a Human Cloistered Cleric with the Spell domain, and use Divine Metamagic: Persistent Spell to Draconic Polymorph yourself for 24 hours per day into a Firbolg, and get an extra +8 Str and +2 Con out of the deal.

Balldanor
2013-03-29, 09:34 PM
The character was originally built under AD&D rules, then we switched over to 3.5.. I was given no racial HD, and think it was +2 str, +2 con, -2 int, -2 cha with bonus skill points in handle animal, armorsmithing, and weaponsmithing. As a result, the race isn't something that can be adjusted, but I was told nothing about any LA, etc...

As far as taking 2 totems, I can ask the DM about it, but considering how he's ruled on a couple other things, I doubt he'd let me take 2 totem ACF's... it's much more likely that he'd make me choose one or the other.

Greenish
2013-03-29, 09:49 PM
As far as taking 2 totems, I can ask the DM about it, but considering how he's ruled on a couple other things, I doubt he'd let me take 2 totem ACF's...Well, the other is a variant class, the other's an ACF, not that that's likely to change anything.

Crake
2013-03-29, 10:28 PM
dat 3 cha. I'm just gonna wait for the moment when the DM throws a psion with ego whip at you and has a 50/50 chance to just straight up knock your player unconcious

Balldanor
2013-03-29, 10:33 PM
Yeah I know that's going to be an issue sooner or later.. it was already bad at a 5 when the character was created, then an intelligent relic sword of Tiamat started changing him into a snake creature and took another 2 points off..I'm hoping the DM doesn't think of something like attacking my Cha but I wouldn't put it past him at all.