PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Lunar Deities

herrhauptmann
2013-03-25, 09:57 PM
I'm looking for a lunar deity appropriate to a good-ish Ur-priest.

At the moment, I know of Eilistraee and Sehanine Moonbow (the former was killed and absorbed into the latter by the start of 4E).

I was sure the Netherese would have had one, but Lost Empires of Faerun doesn't seem to list any such lunar deity (though there is the sun god amaunator)

We seem to have the option of pulling from any campaign setting.

Karnith
2013-03-25, 09:59 PM
Well, Selūne was the goddess of Toril's moon in the Forgotten Realms prior to 4E. I dunno if she still is, though, because I've been avoiding the 4E Realms stuff like the plague.

herrhauptmann
2013-03-25, 10:18 PM
Well, Selūne was the goddess of Toril's moon in the Forgotten Realms prior to 4E. I dunno if she still is, though, because I've been avoiding the 4E Realms stuff like the plague.

Pretty sure she's still alive.
Weakened and probably losing the battle to Shar, but still there.

Alleran
2013-03-25, 10:19 PM
She's still around, just much weaker than she used to be. Supposedly she's more or less the same as Sehanine now. Or something.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-25, 11:16 PM

I've been avoiding it like the Spellplague. :smalltongue:

Other than that, Sharindlar, Malar and Hathor (all of the Realms) have access to the Moon Domain, so I'm assuming that they have moony stuff.

Urpriest
2013-03-25, 11:21 PM
Are you doing the dead god variant ur-priest? So you're looking for dead moon deities?

herrhauptmann
2013-03-26, 12:05 AM
Are you doing the dead god variant ur-priest? So you're looking for dead moon deities?

Ayup.
A moon-themed Vestige might work too. More than a few of those are either dead gods, or near gods.
Of course, Urpriest, I should've just asked you for ur-priest help in the first place.

Urpriest
2013-03-26, 12:54 AM
Hmm...I don't know any Vestiges that seem appropriately Lunar. Realmslore is definitely the place to look for this sort of thing, though...lots of lunar deities absorbed by other lunar deities or otherwise defeated, and many of them good-aligned. Note that with the example of Tenebrous, venerating a deity as one of their prior identities seems sufficient for this sort of thing, so a lunar deity who changed their name should fit the bill.