PDA

View Full Version : What are the speculations on V's whereabouts?

Megasaber4000
2013-03-26, 02:04 PM
we all know V did in the temple you know the whole dimension jump or gate whatever, but i wonder where did the elf end up, any rumors or speculations on where is the elf.
I believe someone might have trapped the elf's next dimension jump to end in maybe the custody argument with the elf's partner.

Copperdragon
2013-03-26, 02:09 PM
Vaarsuvius was fleeing deep down into the structure, and then went on with a passwall. It was very possible the elf circumvented many blockades as the Door that stopped the Order, and he's right where the action is going to take place.

I'm pretty sure he's by now in the Inner Sanctum. Imagine (metaphorically speaking in terms on how the story will flow together) there's a room with the gate and like four gateways lead in. From one comes Team Evil, from one the Order, from one the LG, and from one Vaarsuvius. :D

ellindsey
2013-03-26, 05:29 PM
Vaarsuvius can't cast Gate or Teleport, since those are of the Conjuration school which Vaarsuvius has banned. So no matter what, Vaarsuvius is still in the pyramid somewhere.

JavaScribe
2013-03-26, 06:03 PM
we all know V did in the temple you know the whole dimension jump or gate whatever, but i wonder where did the elf end up, any rumors or speculations on where is the elf.
I believe someone might have trapped the elf's next dimension jump to end in maybe the custody argument with the elf's partner.
It wasn't a dimensional jump. Teleport would be a game breaker for the heroes of this story, which is why one of Vaarsuvius's many absolutely crippling flaws is selecting Conjuration as a forbidden school.

Passwall's purpose is described here: http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Passwall

Basically, it just creates a temporary opening through some material, which places him somewhere beneath everyone else. Maybe the dungeon above is just a distraction and he's getting close to the real gate? The fact that there are caverns in his present location as opposed to more wall suggests that there is something of significance down there.

Silverionmox
2013-03-26, 06:19 PM

Vaarsuvius is in an undetermined location somewhere in the dungeon, and will therefore turn up exactly where and exactly when the plot requires him to turn up.

Doorhandle
2013-03-26, 06:22 PM
Vaarsuvius is in an undetermined location somewhere in the dungeon, and will therefore turn up exactly where and exactly when the plot requires him to turn up.

so he's ascended/descended to quantum lich?

Grogmir
2013-03-26, 06:42 PM

Blackwing is still with V, chased after him, if he had been teleported (or a similar example, when V was plane shifted) against his will, Blackwing would no longer be with V. Therefore I think V is still within the Vicinity.
Anyway he didn't teleport, he used passwall. As others have speculated and seems reasonable (to the plot) that he accidentally bypassed a lot of the defenses to the gate and so is probably quite close to Roy et al right now.

When exactly they'll hook back up? Probably when its best for the plot, which imo wont be very long right now.

zimmerwald1915
2013-03-26, 07:05 PM
Let us define the opening of the pit trap as a point in space with the coordinates (X, Y, Z). Movement to the right, up, or towards the foreground is positive; movement to the left, down, or towards the background is negative. V first fell some undetermined number of feet (B) down the trap, putting her at the coordinates (X, Y-B, Z). B is probably not more than 200, since there is little point building a pit trap deeper than 200 feet, since it will do no more falling damage than one that is only 200 feet deep.

She then opened a Passwall to the right of her current position, cast Quickened Expeditious Retreat on herself, and consequently moved 60 feet to the right that round. At the end of that round, her position was (X+60, Y-B, Z).

She then spent some time off-panel running down a tunnel of undetermined distance, slope, or direction. The first and third panels of strip 866 suggest that the spot at which she stopped is lower than the bottom of the pit trap, but we've got no other indications as to her whereabouts. Nor do we know whether she kept moving after strip 866, and if so, where that movement took her. So...she could literally be anywhere, and will show up when she is meant to.

JustWantedToSay
2013-03-26, 08:28 PM
It looks to me that V is in a dug-tunnel rather than a masonry hallway.

I'd have a guess that The Ziggurat beyond living quarters is the Shell-Game Part 2. That is none of the hallways in the ziggurat actually lead to the tunnel(s) under it, and require a passwall or other means to access the latter.