PDA

View Full Version : Long and Bloody Road Strike Team 3 IC

Elricaltovilla
2013-03-26, 02:55 PM
As you file in beside a bunch of other people, prodded not too gently by more experienced members of the Adventurer's Guild, you look around and take stock of your location. It's a large room with bare walls, there sits a heavy oak desk. Behind that desk, a bored looking human dressed in scale mail sits. He glances at each of you in turn and then begins to speak in a flat monotone

"Congratulations to all of you for making it through the examination process to become members of the Adventurer's Guild. I am sure you are all very proud of yourselves for surviving the arduous 3 week training course. You are the members of our first three strike teams to be formed this year. Each of you has been assigned to a team, based on an assessment that suggested which of your skills would best synergize together.

Most of you won't survive your first year, so forgive me for not feeling the same level of excitement you do. Still, you are a vital part of The Empire, and we appreciate your service to the peace. I'm going to call off your names and hand each of you an envelope. Inside this envelope you will find your team assignment, your team's first mission and your official Adventurer's Guild Badge. You must carry this badge with you at all times, otherwise your activities are considered criminal, and we will send someone to hunt you down and kill you. Horribly, painfully, slowly kill you."

One by one you watch as the others in the room are called up to recieve their envelopes. When your name is called you approach the man behind the desk and pick up your envelope. Opening it up, you see that your badge is contained in a leather case, and it has a minor image of your face permanently etched into the case. You look at your badge and read off the Strike Team Designation: 3022-SER-OMN-13-03. That means that you are on Strike Team 3. Briefly you wonder if that means you just barely made the cut to get into the Adventurer's Guild, but you push the thought aside and join your new teammates to discuss your first quest.

Lexin
2013-03-26, 04:05 PM
Arim Zaar
Arim stares at the badge for a short while, shrugs and hides it in one of his cloak's pockets. He joins his teammates and stops to observe them... 'What a merry bunch'... being his only thought. He walks closer and says:
"Hello. I suppose we are teammates from now on. I am Arim Zaar." He says slowly in a calm, quiet voice, but pronouncing every word very clearly. He looks everyone in the eyes, checking for any reaction to him or his words.
If he reads anything from their reaction, he keeps it for himself and opens his envelope to check what is his first mission, as he waits for others to introduce themselves.

aturtledoesbite
2013-03-26, 04:56 PM
Solana isn't particularly interested in the other teammates. She was far more interested in the badge she just received, examining it to see what it was made of. At least, she did that for just a bit, until she came to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter.

So instead, Solana takes the mission details and reads them over, seeing what they have to do first. She hopes it'll be something that she can learn something from.

Ursus the Grim
2013-03-26, 05:20 PM
Eleda finds herself in the room with the rest of her new coworkers. She stares at her badge as she listens to the first of several introductions. There was a feeling welling up inside. For the first time in months she had won something. Accomplished something. She felt mildly fulfilled, as if she had been starving and had just eaten her fill. Kestrel must be proud of me. Right, Kestrel!

The halfelf's head snapped upward and she fixed her eyes steadily on Arim.

"Pleasure to meet you, Arim. I am Eleda. I can cast a few spells, but its my brother Kestrel that does the heavy lifting."

She pointed to the tall, barechested man that stood behind her. Kestrel didn't look much like his "sister". Though they were both tall humanoids with rich brown hair, there really was no facial resemblance. The only reason one might assume they were linked was the set of identical runes softly glowing on their brow. Kestrel nodded his head in simple acknowledgment.

"Pleasant meeting."

Chained Birds
2013-03-26, 06:52 PM
Dorian

Slightly nervous being around so many people of varying degrees of flashiness. Greyz is reminded of his first time in the ring, where everyone would just glance at him and cheer for the more popular combatant. At least there was no cheering going on here. Repressed memories should stay repressed.
After receiving his envelope and finding his allies, the fully cloaked man, garbed in almost complete red, makes his presence known to the others.

"Hello there! I am Dorian Greyz."

He says in an cheerful and passive voice one would not expect from someone dressed as he was, he then suddenly flashes a scroll case from his sash and produces a small picture from it.

"I'm a bit nervous, but does anyone want to see a picture of my daughter Cloie? She is the reason why I am here and all."

Endartheender
2013-03-26, 11:40 PM
Endar shuffles around the the room. His long shaggy dark brown hair, filthy with grime and a slick oily appearance that almost shines over it as it covers his face and down his back to just below his ribs. He walks with a heavy step, the sound of thick boots can be heard as his armor rattles underneath the long dark weathered duster he wears fastened over him with a large greatsword slung over his back dragging on the ground with every other step screeching along with his footsteps. Endar takes his badge, snapping his badge from the man, he looks up, his pitch black eyes reflecting the light of the room as he stares the man in the eyes. His teeth widen showing a stained colored maw, smiling rows of barbed teeth line his jaw back nearly to his cheek. "End of the train" He softly speaks, his voice thick and low.

He nudges lowly to the man and continues to walk off a smile still worn proudly on his face. Endar then gazes over at the papers, studiously reviewing there information. before grabbing them in one hands and stuffing them haphazardly inside one of the pockets of a his duster. Looking up he gazes upon his new found companions. Endar tries to come to terms with the instructions before him. He is nervous, so many things suddenly are changing for Endar, he tries to reviews in his mind what he believes to be the most important aspects to settle himself. 'Not ending those he currently sees they are now begging, and begins do not need ending, feeding Dulpin, and ending those who deserve it'. He looks up at the group, something rustles underneath his jacket as he does. He listens as other introduce themselves, doing his best to note their name yet it is Dorian's proposition that breaks Endar from his shell, when asked to show off his daughter, Endar's eyes perk up and his head twists over looking at Dorian.

""End Endar's need, End picture of daughter from darkness and into our eyes end." He utters, still a bit hesitant, a part of him still acclimating to those around him, like a new cat feeling out his pet humans for the first time.

Chained Birds
2013-03-27, 12:39 PM
Dorian

Putting away his beloved picture with great care, he turn his attention to the envelope he was given.

"Well, I do hope we can work together. Has anyone peeked at our first assignment? I hope it doesn't involve fighting. I'm no longer interested in that stuff anymore..."

Ursus the Grim
2013-03-27, 03:09 PM
Eleda grins widely as the cloaked figure gushes about his daughter. She leans in and indulges his need for attention. The human child doesn't look like anything special to the half-elf, but the father's pride is infectious.

"Dorian, a fine name and a beautiful little girl. I am quite jealous."

Before she can ask a question, the great shaggy man (she thinks?) in the corner speaks up in broken words. She arches a slender eyebrow in curiosity. The man seems to have lived in his armor for years without a care for hygiene. She exerts a conscious effort not to recoil. Amir, Dorian, even that quiet woman yet to speak, she has a good feeling about them. But this person upsets her, and she is unsure if it has to do with anything aside from his horrid appearance. Yet, he is not aggressive. . . almost shy in whatever he is attempting to say. She backs away from Dorian and unconsciously moves closer to Kestrel.

As for the envelope. . . she hefts it, but does not immediately unseal it. She's too enraptured by the strange menagerie she finds herself in to be bothered reading orders. The others could do that for her anyway.

Endartheender
2013-03-27, 05:10 PM
Endar odious presence wafts in the air as he encroaches up closer to the group, his gaze focuses on picture of the girl. His breath reeks as he slowly exhales, fixated on the image before him. The corners of his mouth begin to tighten up, as his pale alabaster skin begins to wrinkle. It Looks as a soft smile might break new ground upon his weathered face, but Dorian's words echo loudly in his head as you can clearly see his soft expression snap, his face once again harden and seemingly gaunt as he looks up at Dorian, his piecing blacks eyes scrutinizing him.

End of violence? Ends such thoughts, Endar tilts his head to the side as he leans back up. Ends needed. Endar follows here to such ends.

Chained Birds
2013-03-27, 07:25 PM
Dorian

He gives Endar a cold stare,

"My thoughts are my own. You don't have to share my ideology, but can at least accept a handshake."

Dorian presents an open hand to Endar as Greyz mood immediately switches to a lighter tone.

Elricaltovilla
2013-03-27, 08:37 PM
You open the envelope containing your Mission Briefing, the contents within are disturbing. Why would they give a mission like this to a brand new Strike Team?

There are reports of Gremlin and other First Worlder sightings on the Western coastline of Serasal. Investigate these claims and kill any First Worlders you find.

Reward: 3000 GP

aturtledoesbite
2013-03-27, 09:19 PM
Sighing in disappointment, Solana places the envelope - and the rest of the stuff she just got - in her backpack. "I suppose performing this mission will allow us greater freedom in further questing. Perhaps these First Worlders will be worth studying?"

Solana heard someone express curiosity for the contents of their mission. In response, she answers him, her voice having no clear accent, as though she never stayed long enough in one place to develop one. "We are to slay First Worlders that have been sighted upon Serasal's west coast. It seems we are fortunate enough in that we need not travel far."

Endartheender
2013-03-27, 09:30 PM
Endar will look amusingly at Dorian. His curt reply seems to please Endar. A person willing to push back when pushed deserves to be next to Endar, or so his mind might piece together, and now Endar does smile, though not one of compassion like the photo was drawing out, instead one of an almost manic nature. His head tilts slightly to the side, the hair parting from his right eye as he looks directly at you, thick black orbs fill where his large eyes lay making it hard to tell exactly where he is starring as he grabs Dorian's hand. His hand is rough and thick with callouses and perhaps even tougher skin, his fingernails long and unkempt, some of them broken and jagged. His toothy smile begins to widen as he speaks, the size of his mouth almost shocking as you can now clearly see it, something like the jaw of a snake, wide and curved around his face.

"Endar ends his ignorance of you, Dorian end your of Endar. Endar ends wonder, Dorian is you, companion, ender." Endar says, as he confirms your bond to him with his handshake.

Endar snaps around, Solana's comment of the mission at hand suddenly breaks his focus and lights an enthusiasm in him. "End first worlders? Endar End them with enders, End them!"

Chained Birds
2013-03-28, 05:25 AM
Dorian

As Endar shakes Dorian's hand, the anti-paladin can't help but feel some chill run down his spine. As if some unseen, frozen force just brushed up behind him. Though the feelings disappear once Solana starts talking.
The handshake finalizes, and Dorian turns to the others.

"Killing? Now that is unfortunate. It has been over 4 years since I've done something like that. And trust me, the woman deserved it."

Greyz reaffirms what he just heard by checking his envelope. He then sighs,

"Should we head off immediately to get this over with?"

Lexin
2013-03-28, 05:44 AM
Arim Zaar

Arim looks at Dorian's picture for a moment and says politely
"Pleasure to meet you and nice girl you have there." he says with a slight, a little sad smile "Unfortunately I am afraid that we would not be able to avoid fighting." ... and just a short while later, as they see their assignment, he only adds a short "See?"

He gives a short and polite nod to everyone... except Endar, who is completely ignored. "From now on we are supposed to work together. It would be good to know our abilities, so we can cooperate well.
I am trained in basic combat and am quite a good scout. ...I was trained in avoiding traps as well..."
He nods at Eleda.
"You mentioned you could use some spells... what do we need to expect? Throwing fire, some strengthening magic?"
He looks at the rest
"How about you?"

Chained Birds
2013-03-28, 06:20 AM
Dorian

"I corrode reality with nightmarish visions and fill my enemies with hopelessness and dread. My touch is a manifestation of your fears turned against you, that devastates both mind and body. I also wield an assortment of, usually, untapped potential that can be utilized however I see fit."

He blinks and stops his eerie droning for a second.

"In short, I wield terror as a weapon and make people scared.

Is that good enough of an explanation? I could demonstrate it if you'd like? It is almost therapeutic to confront your fears in a stable setting."

Ursus the Grim
2013-03-28, 08:42 AM
Eleda tucks her envelope away, having already forgotten it. She loses track of what Endar is saying halfway through trying to decipher it. Instead, her focus shifts to the other party members as they speak. As the cloaked man speaks of confronting fears, she suddenly grows cold and confused. She takes a step back unconsciously, before a reaffirming hand from her eidolon steadies her. She swallows and smiles, detaching her chakram from their place and twirling them around her arms for a moment.

"I'm not helpless in combat, but Kestrel's the best swordsman in the city. My magic is subtle and indirect. I can shed light, manage minor telekinesis, and make our foes fumble their steps and strikes alike. More importantly, I can keep Kestrel going strong. I have developed spells that heal, but they only seem to work on my brother."

Chained Birds
2013-03-28, 09:11 AM
Dorian

"No one is ever helpless as long as they are with their family. Friends work too."

aturtledoesbite
2013-03-28, 09:29 AM
"That statement is untrue. No matter the number of companions one happens to have - or his or her relationships with them - there are several situations in which a person may be rendered helpless."

After saying this, Solana stops for a second to think. The red-cloaked man's tone of voice suggested he probably had a different meaning. "However, I may have missed some form of colloquialism in your statement. Should that be true, my assertion may not apply in this situation."

Chained Birds
2013-03-28, 10:05 AM
Dorian

"No, you may be right. I just mean that having someone who knows and loves you can make even a helpless person become something else. I was helpless once, before my wife-to-be offered her hand to me so we could start a life together..."

A subtle tear rolls down his face, though mostly unseen due to his outfit.

"I've said too much..."

aturtledoesbite
2013-03-28, 10:47 AM
"Very well. Perhaps I should explain my potential contributions?"

"In short, I am a spellcaster. While I have no evidence to prove my hypothesis, I believe the source of my magic is not dissimilar to those of a religious bent, yet I venerate no deity. Should any of you be in need of physical restoration, my abilities shall assist your recovery."

Endartheender
2013-03-28, 02:41 PM
Endar listens as everyone speaks, as everyone introduces themselves and start talking about what they do. Soon the conversation begins to pick up and Endar strains himself, trying to follow what the rest of the group is saying. His coat begins to rustle underneath as he takes a step back and tries to process what everyone is saying. Dorian's and Eleda's comments however draw particular attention from Endar.

Dorian's words Endar follows with fascination, listening as he tells of manipulating fear. Perhaps Endar thinks he is some sort of kin? Of spirit perhaps. As for Eleda, her comments about Kestrel's swordsmanship causes him to jerk upward, his chest puffing out a bit. An assertion that someone is better at swordmanship then Endar stokes a feeling of competition within him. At last when there is a pause Endar takes a step forward, his chest now puffed up a bit, as he looks around. "Endar?" He says, his hand reaching slowly up behind him to where his great sword resides sheathed. "Endar ends!" He roars out, and with a quick pull goes to draw his great sword. Instead of the sword being removed from its sheath however, Endar just draws his hand out wide mimicking the action.

His one hand begins to run up the imaginary blade, "this end," he says, as his hand runs up the invisible blade in his mind, "and this end," his hand switching to the what would be the other side of the blade. "and this end," he continues, his hand now pointing to the very tip of the sword. He smiles as his hand comes down both hands now grip the sword of Endars mind as he then steps forward and quickly slices at the air in front, his attacks are powerful and quick, and anyone with a knowledge for swordplay would realize his form seems superb despite the rest of his countenance being ghastly. Yet in between his swings Endar's head juts out, his wide gaping teeth snapping in the rhythm of his sword dance like they themselves where slashes of the blade. His dirty hair flips around and his duster kicks up a bit as he does so.

After a few brief swings he triumphantly motions to sheathes his sword. He looks around gauging peoples reactions. he Pounds his chest, the thick sound of armor could be heard underneath the coat as he does "Endar ends." He says once again. "Endar, ends not."

Chained Birds
2013-03-28, 03:57 PM
Dorian

With a slight pause after the anti-paladin calms down from his explaination,

"Okay... I guess that is something needed as well."

Dorian still doesn't feel all too comfortable with everyone, but he feels things will work out for the best.

He also appears ready to head out.

aturtledoesbite
2013-03-28, 06:24 PM
As she watches Endar's demonstration and notices Dorian's anxiousness - or perhaps eagerness - a stray thought enters Solana's mind.

"Ah, it seems that I have failed to introduce myself. I apologize. My name is Solana Euthenia."

"In any case, I believe there is nothing left to be done here. Shall we proceed to the locations where the First Worlders have been sighted?"

Lexin
2013-03-29, 04:45 AM
Arim Zaar

Arim looks quietly at everyone as they explain their talents, not showing any reaction on his face ... except when Endar started talking... he showed quite a bit of confusion then. He shook his head and made a mental note about every one of his teammates, trying to assess their usefulness both in and out of combat. ... he really hoped that Endar fights well, to balance things...

"Yes, I suppose we could set off now. Unless anyone needs any supplies, or wants to do something before we leave...?" He finished the sentence with intonation suggesting it was a question and looks at others.

Endartheender
2013-03-29, 06:07 PM
Endar, looks around and then into his satchel, his hand rummaging around inside, the old bag gives slightly as his hand moves items around, the clang of nicknacks can be heard inside. Endar then looks up, and grabs himself on the lower chest just under the left breast area. his hand forms snug over some item bulging there. He buttons down his duster a touch as he looks down inside, his hand then reaching inside for a moment before pulling out. a Noticeably calmer demeanor on his face.

"Endar needs few ends, but Endar get them on end time, we end now and First Worlder go end."

Endar now apparently ready to start.

Elricaltovilla
2013-03-29, 10:03 PM
Leaving the Omnos Guild Hall, you pass through the bazaar. Although most shops are closing, you can easily find a few merchants willing to sell you any supplies you'll need for your trip. The setting sun is before you and it becomes difficult to see.

Solana Euthenia: Make a Perception Check. DC [roll0]

Leaving out of Omnos as the sun finally dips below the horizon, you breathe a small sigh of relief as the oppressive heat starts to fade.

At this point, you guys are being fast tracked to the fishing village of Verdenwater. It'll take about a day to get there.

Elricaltovilla
2013-03-30, 03:40 PM
You arrive on the rocky coast of western Serasal after about a day of travel. The village of Verdenwater is within sight, and everything seems peaceful. After walking past the gate and into the town proper you notice that no one is outside, the setting sun reveals no people walking through the streets and there are no visible sailors on the docks. Up ahead on your left is an inn.

aturtledoesbite
2013-03-30, 07:54 PM
Taking a look around, Solana comes to a conclusion. "It is likely that this settlement's present desolation is related to the object of our quest. May I suggest locating a native and inquiring as to the location of the reported First Worlder sightings?"

Chained Birds
2013-03-30, 08:09 PM
Dorian

"Seems like the Inn might be our first stop. Hopefully it is just one of those typical Gathering Inns, and not one of those Beat-You-Up Inns. Those Inns can be a choir to work with..."

Dorian heads to the Inn.

Endartheender
2013-03-30, 08:18 PM
Endar looks around, the pale silence that befalls the town is almost deafening to him. He shakes his head, trying to rattle the silence from his head. His eyes dart around, looking in vain for signs of life, an inhabited town seemingly devoid of people. He tilts his head forward as his hand reaches behind him, loosening his greatsword from his scabbard as to prep it for some yet to come attack. His eyes narrow. The setting sun's shadows darken his already dim countenance as he exhales a deep breath. He begans to chant, his lips moved quickly as he begin to speak with a yet unseen fluid and deliberate purpose.

[Abyssal]"Ashel-tani, Krulati Krulati, Ghrek turndreg hur-theg Albdora".

A pale object within his hand begins to glow as his wrist begin to twist and turn in front of him, traces of a pale green line trailed behind his motions. His eyes once a deep black pitch begins to glow with a slight redden flame. His chanting continues.

[Abyssal]"Delken dorli, gentry eldrai khrun, dorma dorma dorma." His chanting subsides.

The fire of his eyes grows even brighter red, before the flame burns out, returning his eyes seemingly to normal. Endar blinks thrice rapidly, his eyes now adjusted to his activated sense, he continues to chant softly however repeating,

[Abyssal]"Dorma..." every so often as he gazes around and continues to walk into the town.

Endar is casting Detect Good. He will wait for a moment and see if he detects anything. If anything is detected he will stop and wait 3 rounds for maximum knowledge, or if he detects one outside his line he will try to follow up on that. Failing those two he will continue to walk around with the group keeping it up hoping to detect someone. If he does he will alert the group to such information (He won't scooby do it and split up from the group) *Edit* The If you have Abyssal you can recognize thats what Endar is speaking in and then any relevant rolls (Spell craft/knowledge Arcana/etc) Also Edit to make DM happy.

Elricaltovilla
2013-03-30, 11:27 PM
Still speaking in Abyssal as he searches the town for people, Endar notices that the townsfolk are all indoors, and that a cluster of them seem to be inside the Inn.

-----------------------

Dorian, who heads into the inn finds about ten or so villagers huddled in the center of the main floor around a banked fire. They look scared and worn. One of the larger men stands up as Dorian walks in, and does his best to look intimidating.

"Who're you?" the man asks.

Chained Birds
2013-03-31, 12:33 PM
Dorian

"Just your average adventurer, slaying evil and saving lives wherever I go. Do not fear us, for my allies and I plan to rid these lands of your probable threat.

In short, we are the cavalry."

Elricaltovilla
2013-03-31, 12:47 PM
The man looks Dorian up and down.

"Cavalry? Ha!" He spits on the ground. "You don't look like you could even lift a lance or sit a horse. Besides, we're talking First Worlders here. They could be anything, anyone. You never know where they're gonna come from or what they're gonna do."

The other people murmur in agreement and huddle a little closer together. They eye you supiciously.

Endartheender
2013-03-31, 12:57 PM
Endar takes note of the individuals in the town as his senses flare up with there auras. He continues to walk slowly with the group. The large clustering of individuals in the Inn however draws his attention as decides to investigate as well, he walks a few paces behind Dorian, all the while chanting,

"Dorma..." Every few minutes.

He watches as Dorian goes inside and begins to speak. Just as he is about to enter he hears Dorian tell the folks inside,

"Do not fear us,"

Endar stops at the door, his hand gripping the handle as his body suddenly jerks to a halt, and he decides not to open it. Reflecting momentarily on the Irony of Dorian's statement if he had and the fear the towns folk might already be under. Instead he turns around and motions to the rest of the group, and stands guard just outside watching for any potential threats.

Edit* Endar is taking 10 to listen through the door.

Chained Birds
2013-03-31, 01:00 PM
Dorian

"So, you don't want free aid that may or may not be able to defeat the looming threat outside? Well, I guess then my group and I will have to go back and report to the Adventurer's Guild that the people up here can handle themselves."

Dorian slowly starts to walk back outside, giving them ample time to respond.

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-01, 09:59 AM
"Leave afore we have something more serious than words with you. Unless you've got proof you're from the Adventurer's Guild and not some shape shifter come to steal our souls you can bugger off." The man shouts. Cries of "Yeah!" and "That's Right!" echo his words.

Outside the Inn, the other members of the party, save Endar, notice pale shadows slipping back and forth among the buildings.

Everyone except Endar and Dorian should give me a Perception Check. DC 10 will tell you where the shadows are going, DC 15 will tell you more information about what they look like.

Chained Birds
2013-04-01, 11:41 AM
Dorian

Dorian flashes out his emblem and twirls it around before resting it in between his fingers so that the front of the Adventurer's Guild's logo faces the villagers.

"You mean something like this?"

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-01, 12:33 PM
Eleda shivers as a chill blows in from the ocean, carrying the scent of brine. She had never seen the sea, nor felt sand between her toes. She finds herself wondering what it would be like to run along the seaside.

(Elven)"Kestrel, can we go down to the waterside?"
(Elven)"No, Ellie. There are people who need your help. You're an adventurer now. You must help them."

Eleda projects her lower lip in a juvenile pout, but she quickly sobers as the shadowy figures move down the road.

Lexin
2013-04-01, 01:44 PM
Arim Zaar

Arim moves as if he wanted to join the discussion with locals, but he sees something in the corner of his eye and stops for a second.

Perception [roll0]

He notices some figures sneaking around and speaks quietly, in a calm, even casual tone. He speaks loud enough so only the teammates close to him would hear it.

"I can see some creatures heading to the blacksmith's shop, over there. Are we going to check it?"

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-02, 11:53 AM
Dorian

Dorian flashes out his emblem and twirls it around before resting it in between his fingers so that the front of the Adventurer's Guild's logo faces the villagers.

"You mean something like this?"

One of the men by the fire stands up.

"Lemme see that there badge." He growls. He looks at the picture of Dorian inside the Guild Badge, squinting at it hard. "You're not the first adventurer to walk through this town, and you aren't the first person to carry a badge who wasn't an adventurer. You wanna know how they check the security on these badges? That little picture of you changes when your face changes. So if I cut your cheek, your pretty little portrait starts to bleed too. You gonna let me test that?"

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 01:34 PM
Dorian

Dorian is a bit surprised, having not checked for himself.

"Is that all?"

Dorian takes out a dart and stabs the right side of his mouth with it.
3 1 Damage

"Sho, did it chanshe?"

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-02, 02:14 PM
A hole appeared on the cheek of the image, dark blood seeping out of it slowly.

"You're legit." The man throws the badge back at Dorian. "Crazy adventurers..."

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 02:25 PM
Dorian

Removing the dart,

"Now that we understand each other a bit more, why don't you tell me a bit about our targets."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-02, 03:06 PM
Eleda nods her head.

"Naturally. I'd rather we greet them before they get weapons from the smithy, not after."

She unsnaps the loop that holds one of her chakram and jerks her head towards the figures. Kestrel notices the figures as well and grips his sword tightly.

"Do we chase them or approach casually and try not to scare them off?"

If I can get close enough, I can grease the ground and watch them stumble as we catch up. But can I get close enough without spooking them?

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-02, 03:09 PM
"Well there isn't much to tell. They come after loners, pick 'em off before anybody can really do somethin about it. That's why we're all here together, as long as you're in a group they don't come after you, but as soon as you wander off alone, they get ya. Nobody's really sure what they look like neither."

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 04:12 PM
Dorian

"That information will be useful, thank you. Now, I'm off to see what we can do."

Dorian walks out of the inn with a pleasant wave goodbye. He then stops and looks around at the tense atmosphere created by his allies.

"What's wrong?"

Endartheender
2013-04-02, 06:23 PM
Endar steps back and to the side as the door latches to open, giving Dorian a wide birth through as not to crowd him. He looks at Dorian expecting him to say something about what happened inside, instead Dorian directs his attention to whats going on outside. Endar shrugs,

"Endar ends silence end with Amir, Amir ends end in Blacksmith. First enders ending there but ending so with very quiet ending."

Endar says, reaching for his sword as he is gets ready to dart off with the party if it decides to rush over to the blacksmith.

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 06:40 PM
Dorian

"Okay... So, Amir went to a Blacksmith or something? And then something involving using a sword apparently... I think?"

Dorian glances to where everyone is staring off.

"Anyways, I learned that our target attacks people who move away from the group. I volunteer to be a target so as to draw their attention. Any problems with this plan?"

Endartheender
2013-04-02, 07:08 PM
Endar shakes his head at Dorian, he looks up and grabs the hilt of his sword as to emphasize his point,

"First enders end at Blacksmith. Also Endar not end, so if ending without us enders Endar shall end alone. But either end, end. End up over here we shall end now."

Endar says pointing to the rest of the group and motioning Dorian to follow, his head tilting toward them.

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-02, 09:46 PM
Solana passively listens to the conversation. However, Dorian's confusion pushes her to respond.

"During your inquiries at the inn, those of us who stayed in this area sighted moving shadows, as would belong to living creatures. Arim has discerned that the shadows were traveling in the direction of the local blacksmith. Endar has seemingly reached the conclusion that the sources of the shadows were the First Worlders for which we are searching. If I am not mistaken, he is also requesting that, rather than yourself, he should act as the 'lure' by which we shall draw the creatures toward our group. Have I forgotten anything?"

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 09:55 PM
Dorian

"That makes a bit more sense. Thank you.

If you, Endar, are up for the challenge of being bait, then who am I to say otherwise. Though I also agree that we should see the blacksmith to make sure he is safe."

Dorian starts off towards the Blacksmith.

Endartheender
2013-04-02, 10:12 PM
Endar stares blankly at Solana, his mouth goes slightly slack-jawed as she recants exactly what Endar meant. Endar stares for a moment truly impressed she got the entirety of what he was saying, before looking over at Dorian and raising his hands up and nodding his head in an "Exactly!" manner. Endar then smiles a bit at Dorian, his sharp teeth visable for the briefest of seconds, while he turns to walk toward the blacksmith shop.

"End Dorian's worry. Endar not end to first enders."

Endar thumps his chest as he says it, and draws his sword. The long greatsword glistens in the pale light, and it looks to be about the only think well kept in Endar's position, as the blade shines with a perfect finish.
However Endar strays a bit from the group, turning back and winking at Solana and Dorian as he takes a wide birth and begins to whistle as he does.

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-03, 03:23 PM
Eleda shakes her head. She can hardly understand a single sentence this "Endar" speaks, but at least the reserved Solana can interpret. While she doesn't object to using the brutish, unkempt thug as bait, she doubts these otherworldly murderers would fall for such a ruse.

Nonetheless, she glares at him as he strolls away, then turns her attention from him. Kestrel does likewise, and they regard the others in their Strike Team.

"Suppose they simply slip away? They do not seem the type of entities to simply be slain."

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-04, 12:51 PM
As soon as Endar wanders off from the main group to stand alone in the dark street there is a quiet flash of light and he is beset by four First Worlders. They look like short, reptilian humanoids with scaled skin and snouts filled with tiny teeth, and long whiplike tails. Each one brandishes a small shortspear and shield.

Roll for initiative. Technically this is a surprise round, but the First Worlders used up their action teleporting in.

MAP:

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3811/battlemap.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/battlemap.jpg/)

Endartheender
2013-04-04, 03:48 PM
The light immediately catches Endar's attention as he strolls along in the dark. The sudden appearance of the first worlders clad with weapons and seemingly reptilian in nature does more to excite Endar then to intimidate him. A jolt of energy ignites within him as he grips his sword tight, he cannot but help to smile at the creatures who are surrounding him, his toothy countenance matching there own. His head tilts forward as his shaggy hair drops down to his side, his eyes fixated on the creature in front of him. His tongue licks the corner of his lips in intervening seconds before combat, the mere thought of combat savory.

"End time".

Lexin
2013-04-04, 04:28 PM
Arim walks closer towards enemies the moment they showed up, slowly as if he has all the time in the world he walks, pulls out a black, sharp shuriken and throws at the nearest enemy, trying to take advantage of his momentary confusion from arriving in such a flashy way. As he walks, he says in a calm, quiet voice:

"I didn't think that the bait idea would really work, you know..."

Arim moves to E10 and throws a shuriken at BadguyB
Attack [roll0] (+4 ranged, -2 ranged penalty)
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] Sneak Attack (Assuming that they are flatfooted because of low initiative.)

Move action - move to E10
Free action - drawing shuriken
Standard action - Ranged Attack

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-04, 07:13 PM
Eleda laughs lightly at Arim's quiet comment. Whirling a chakram around one hand, she strides forward and slips a stick of partially melted butter from a pouch.

"Well, at least we know they aren't the most observant creatures. Kestrel, come and help me with this oaf."

Eleda will move to I 12 and cast Grease on Firstworlder A's shortspear. Kestrel, on his initiative, will move to I 11 and attack Firstworlder B. If That one is downed already, he will move to I10 and attack C instead. In any other case, he'll put himself near Eleda to intercept any attackers.

Firstworlder A needs a reflex save against DC 16 or drop it. He also needs to make that save each time he tries to pick up or use the weapon.

Kestrel's attack roll if he gets to make one.
[roll0] to deal [roll1] damage.

Endartheender
2013-04-04, 07:41 PM
Will Edit post with RP once i know if it hit and how.

[roll0] (-1 power attack +4 Str, +2 flanking, +1 BAB) (attack)
[roll1] (2d6 weapon, +6 str (two handed), +3 Power attack) (damage)

Chained Birds
2013-04-04, 09:47 PM
Dorian

"That was fast... Don't kill them if you can..."

Dorian takes a few steps towards one of the Worlders and makes a sudden kick towards the villain's head.

Though his hesitation is apparent as the strike goes a bit too high.

"Don't want to do annoying too violent now..."

Move Action: Move to [G7]
Standard Action: Devastating Touch VS BadguyB Touch AC
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1]
- Crit Confirm (20): [roll2]
- Crit Damage (x2): [roll3]

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-04, 11:02 PM
Nodding at Dorian's suggestion of mercy, Solana takes her loaded crossbow and aims it at the far First Worlder. Making sure the aim's right, she fires.

Solana, 7/7 HP

Free Action: Five-foot step: B11 to B10 (5 feet)
Standard Action: Fire Light Crossbow at First Worlder D. (Total range of 65 feet.)
Attack: [roll0] (+2 DEX)
Damage: [roll1]
Move Action: Reload Light Crossbow.

EDIT: WELP.

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-05, 12:01 AM
Turn 1

Firstworlder A Save: [roll0]

MAP:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6159/pfpbpbattlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/pfpbpbattlemap.png/)

Arim moves closer to the First Worlders and launches a shuriken at one of them, the spinning blade goes wide and fails to hit anyone.

Eleda also moves into position, her hands moving deftly as she repeats the arcane words that coat another First Worlder's weapon in summoned grease. The tiny reptile drops its weapon as the magical grease causes it to slip out of its clumsy fingers.

Endar attacks one of the first worlders that appeared adjacent to him. The swing of his greatsword goes wide, but he lurches forward, following the blade and clamps onto the neck of the first worlder with his teeth, biting deep into its jugular. It tries to scream something, but only gurgles come out of its mouth

Dorian attempts to unleash his psychic might on his foe but the attack fails to land, while Solana raises her crossbow to fire, but the awkward angle and weight of the bow causes her shot to go wide and jams the pull lever to reload the crossbow.

Kestrel attempts to make an attack against the first worlders as well, but is unable to land his blow

The first worlders seem surprised by the violent reaction to their presence, but they quickly regain their composure and maneuver to attack.

Solana and Arim both rolled natural 1s, so Arim has effectively lost that shuriken forever and Solana will need to spend a standard action fixing her crossbow in order to fire it again. I'll post the First Worlder's actions tomorrow. I's tired.

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-05, 09:38 AM
Turn 2

FW-A: Attack (bite)- [roll0] (+1 size, -1 STR, -5 Secondary) Damage- [roll1]
FW-B attacks Kestrel: Attack (spear)-[roll2] Damage- [roll3]

FW-C attacks Endar: Attack (spear)-[roll4] Damage- [roll5]

FW-D: Waits.

I'm not updating the map because none of them moved.

Lexin
2013-04-05, 10:05 AM
Arim looks a little disappointed that one of his shurikens vanished somewhere in the instant when he blinked. One thing for sure, enemies probably didn't even notice that he attacked...
He draws his wakizashi with his right hand, but decides to stay out of enemies reach for one more moment, to see how good do they fight. Till now neither of the teams were really effective. For now he simply throws another shuriken, he has a lot of these.

Move action- draw wakizashi
Free action- draw shuriken
Free action- 5 ft step to F10
Standard action - shuriken attack at BadguyA
Attack [roll0] (+4 Dex, -4 Ranged penalty, if I count it right)
Damage [roll1] (+1 str)

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-05, 10:23 AM
Solana never was good with physical weaponry. And she hadn't oiled her crossbow recently, so this was bound to happen. Moving closer to the enemies, she prepares her next attack.

The light breeze surrounding the sylph picks up ever-so-slightly as her open hand begins to crackle with blue-tinted electricity. Looking at Solana's eyes shows a similar glow, as well. Raising her arm to point at one of the First Worlders surrounding Endar, she discharges the lightning into a bolt of energy, attempting to strike the beast.

Solana, 7/7 HP

Move Action: B10 to E9, if it's still open. (20 feet)
--Note: If another party member takes that spot before my turn, then move me either up one or down one, in that order.

Standard Action: Lightning Arc (Sp)
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0] (+2 DEX)
Damage: [roll1]
Target: Whichever one Endar bit. If it's already dead, the other one next to Endar.

Chained Birds
2013-04-05, 10:38 AM
Dorian

Dorian decides to perform a basic open-palm strike at the creature's chest. He hopes he can reclaim the accuracy he showed in his past life.
Upon touching his foe, Dorian channels a devastating Psionic pulse of negative emotions into the creature's body.
Standard Action: Devastating Touch VS BadguyB's Touch AC
- Damage: [roll1]
- Crit Confirm (20): [roll2]
- Crit Damage (x2): [roll3]

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-05, 05:25 PM
Eleda stifles a smile as she sees the chaos ensue. In particular, her first victim's shortspear drops to the ground. . . that means her magic is working. Not bad for my first combat situation! Let's not let the others know I've never attempted that on an attended weapon before. . . though it looks almost like I hit them with it too.

"Look, brother! Its working!," she shouts as she gains some distance from the fray.

"Good, Ellie. Keep that other one here!," Kestrel barely flinches as the short creature's spear merely scratches his bare flesh.

Eleda nods, understanding her eidolon's advice. Again, she plunges her hand into her component pouch, feeling the cool metal liner as she does so. She moves away, seemingly away from the combat.

Kestrel turns his full attention to his foes, making another mighty swing with his greatsword, the angular rune upon his brow burning brightly.

Eleda moves to T-15 via row 15, executing a double move action to do so.

Kestrel will attack Firstworlder B. If he is not standing, he will go after Firstworlder C after a 5-foot step to J-10. If both are down, he will charge to I-8 and swing at Firstworlder A, adding another +2 to his attack roll (and the corresponding -2 to his AC). If that too is not possible, he will simply run to I-1.

for [roll]2d6+ damage.

Endartheender
2013-04-05, 08:54 PM
Will edit my post with RP when i get home tonight, just doing my rolls now so people can continue with combat. Hitting the guy in front of me with a bite, if that doesn't work then a sword (guy im flanking),if he goes down before i finish both my attacks then the guy next to me .

Attack: [roll0] (+4 str +1 BAB, -5 secondary attack, +2 Flanking)
damage: [roll1] (+4 Str+1d6 bite)

Attack: [roll2] (-1 power attack +4 Str, +2 flanking, +1 BAB)
damage: [roll3] (+6 Str +3 Power Attack, +2d6 Weapon)

Endartheender
2013-04-06, 02:07 AM
last turn and this turn's explanation/rp/fluff:

The hungering desire for combat quickly washes over Endar as he throws himself into the fight. Endar's form quickly changed from a lumbering slow hulk to a well executed form of bladed precision. With a quick scan Endar takes note of the battlefield ensuring no surprises and counting the number of enemies, but that visual is done with great celerity as he lunges at the foe in front of him slashing down with his sword using great potency, aiming for where he suspected this creatures rips to part in between, hoping to cleave it in twain. However the creature proved more adapt at evading his Endar's assault then originally suspect as it dodges back out of the way.

A mad glimmer of enjoyment twinged in Endar's eyes as he felt perhaps he might get some true enjoyment from a fight that lingered about longer, and as his sword whirled by the creature missing as it duct back, Endar launched himself in a ferocious assault on the creature, his mouth opening wide to show a sinister maw of teeth. His terrible smile catches the creature off guard, not used to such a feature on a humanoid as Endar catches him unawares. His bite sinks deep into his flesh, the wet coursing tide of its blood washes over Endars front side as his teeth dig deep into his flesh. The taste of the creature's moistened flesh, coupled with the deep hollow gurgles it tries to make as its attempt to scream puts Endar in a state of euphoric bliss, his mind at ease as the weight existence is temporarily lifted from him. This comes to an almost deadly end, as this creature's partner attempts to stab Endar from the side, his spear cutting into his ribs, but unable to penetrate his protection, underneath.

Endar regains himself, his senses back from their vacation. He sucks in a deep breath between his teeth, then with great force his mouth clinches down, upon the flesh of the creature, sinking in deeper into its shoulder. He can feel a twinge of pain as his upper and lower teeth can feel themselves snapping its collar bone and lodging themselves deep within digging into the creatures hard bone. He then brings up his boot with one foot while keeping his mouth clench presses off against the creature, ripping apart his chest and tearing out his left shoulder blade of the creature. A warm cascade of blood sprays out upon him as he does, the creature falling before Endar, falling to its knees before slumping over. Endar's coat by now has long come unbuttoned. His armor clearly visible inside, and also for the first time is a clearly visible a long reptilian tail, thick, covered with scales and pointed at the top as it descends down. It appears, swinging about like a cat's tail happy and amused, flinching left and right.

As Endar comes back up, having kicked the creature off of him, he spins himself to the left, the First worlder standing there stout attempting to plunge his spear deep into Endar once again. Yet with a deep breath Endar spits the hunk of flesh from his teeth that used to be its friend at him. It flinches in disgust as the lump of meat hits him and squishes onto the ground, yet before it can take note, Endar springs his sword high into the air. And brings it down forth with a mighty cleave, the snap of its shoulder blade is loud as Endar's greatsword is driven deep down across its shoulder and into the creature, its powerful momentum cutting deep into it's core, the ribs slowing his swords march through its body eventually stopping it and preventing him from securing his elusive single cut fatality. Endar pulls back the great blade, now dripping with the gore of this creature, its shiny hue now covered in a dim blood, to match Endars own terrible dripping countenance. He looks over at Kestrel, giving him a nod of appreciation, Krestel's help being outwardly acknowledged by Endar for helping him secure these two demise. His head now ***** back around taking survey of the battle as it proceeds. His eyes catch upon a lone first worlder, sitting back, not engaging with his comrades. A jolt of anger comes up threw his spine, at the cowardice he perceives. He spits a mouthful of the creatures blood out of him, onto the ground as he raises his sword at the creature and smirks.

"You, End."

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-08, 09:28 AM
Turn 3

Endar's sharp teeth and sharper greatsword slice into the flesh of his foes, downing two of the First Worlders as beams of electricity shoot over his head, missing both him and the First Worlders.

Dorian's palmstrike leaves a gaping wound in the soul of his target, just as a shuriken buries itself in the wood above the creature's head.

As Eleda gains distance from the battle, her brother charges at the same foe Dorian struck but his attack goes wide pushed aside by the creature's shield.

The First Worlders left standing jibber at each other in a strange language. The one furthest from battle draws out a small orb of gold and throws it at Endar. The one assaulted by Dorian tries to bite him again with its needle like fangs.

First Worlder A: attack [roll0] damage: [roll1]

First Worlder D: Ranged splash attack vs AC 5 (the ground)- attack [roll2] Damage: [roll3] (positive energy)

MAP
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/876/pbpbattlemap.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/pbpbattlemap.png/)

Lexin
2013-04-08, 12:50 PM
'Something to remember. I need to train shuriken throwing... my aim is terrible...'

Arim makes a sour expression as he thinks about what would his father say about this display of his abilities. He walks towards the closest enemy trying to flank him, swaying away out of his reach on the way, and stab him with his sword.

Move action to I 7.
Acrobatics to avoid AoO on the way
[roll0]
Standard action - Attack with wakizashi at Badguy A
Attack (+4 dex; +2 flanking) [roll1]
Damage (+1 str) [roll2] + [roll3] Sneak Attack

Chained Birds
2013-04-08, 01:08 PM
Dorian

"Just fall asleep."

Dorian says, as he outstretches his hand for another devastating ripple against the creature's chest.

Standard Action: Devastating Touch VS BadguyB's Touch AC
- Damage: 8
- Crit Confirm (20): [roll1]
- Crit Damage (x2): [roll2]

Edit: Messed up my Dmg roll. Use my Crit Damage roll instead...

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-08, 07:49 PM
Eleda Xiloscient and The Eidolon

Eleda moves up the side of the building as the battle continues on the other side. As she comes around the last corner, she notes that her target hasn't moved. With a grin, she flings the stick of butter at him. As it flies, it quivers, expands, and finally bursts into an oily mess coating a section of the street.

Kestrel nods back to Endar. Perhaps Eleda doesn't like the mysterious brute much, but there's something in his demeanor, in his very nature, that Kestrel seems to identify with. Not to be outdone, he hurls himself back into the fray.

Eleda will move up to S-8 and cast Grease, centered on M-6. If you want it to fit up with the map more neatly, the square will stretch from M-6 to N-7, inclusive. He must immediately make a DC 16 Reflex save or fall prone. If he attempts to move (half speed), he needs to make a DC 10 Acrobatics check. If he fails that, he must roll reflex again or fall. If he fails the Acrobatics check by five or more, he automatically falls.

Kestrel will 5-foot step to I-8 and make another attack at Badguy A if he is still standing (unlikely). If that target is down, he will move to J-3 and ready an action to strike Badguy D with the flat of his sword if he gets within reach.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Endartheender
2013-04-09, 12:32 AM
Will Edit post once rolls are known. Charging from current position to L-7, and striking creature D with a charge attack.

[roll0] (attack roll; 1d20+ str(4)+charging(2)-P.A. (-1))
[roll1] (damage roll; greatsword (2d6) + 1.5str (6)+P.A.(+3))

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-09, 10:33 AM
Solana would need to work on her aim. In any case, her allies seemed to have the other foes handled pretty well. Heading for the creatures that the powerful antipaladin downed, Solana rests her hand upon one, letting knowledge of the creature course into her mind.

Solana, 7/7 HP

Move Action: F9 to I9 (15 feet)
Standard Action: Lore Keeper (Sp) on either fallen First Worlder, doesn't matter.
-Note: I hope I don't actually have to make a touch attack roll against an unconscious creature. For the Lucky Drunk's sake, Solana doesn't need to stay *completely* blind. Also, this gives me a Knowledge (whatever) result of 20.

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-09, 11:55 AM
Luckily for Solana, one of the First Worlders is not quite dead yet. As she lays her hand on it, flashes of memory fly across her vision.

Impressions of caves, deep below the dirt. Dancing flames from the mouth of a great red wyrm. Raids against hated surface dwellers, dwarves and deep gnomes.
Days and nights spent setting traps to home against vile raiders and murderers. The portal to another world, a different place, a new opportunity.
More of the same. Running, hiding, fighting.
New weapons for new enemies. New masters.

The Gatekeeper plays give and take. He gives you a new home, if you take it from someone else.
The Prince always seeks glory. He revels in success and consumes failure.
The Wise One. Never see him, always there, always gone. Watching, knowing, terror.

What you're able to get from these memories is that this creature is a Kobold. Identical in nearly every way to every other one of his ilk you've ever heard or read about. It's these memory fragments that are so different.

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-10, 10:02 AM
We can safely assume that Badguys A and D are both downed at this point. Combat has officially ended.

As the last First Worlder dropped to ground in a bloody pulp, the bodies of him and his companions began dissolving into smoke. Most of their gear was left behind though and it seemed to be of decent make, if improperly sized for normal people.

Loot:
4 Small Spears
4 Masterwork Small Shields (can be used as Medium sized bucklers),
two pouches of gold coins totaling 500 GP

XP: 400 per person

Chained Birds
2013-04-10, 01:53 PM
Dorian

"Strange... The fallen don't usually puff away into smoke. What gives?"

Dorian addresses his question to the group, but mainly towards Solana.

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-10, 02:47 PM
Eleda sighs pointedly as she approaches the remnants of the last creature. I had been trying to keep this one alive, she grumbles internally, and this rank oaf had to go butcher him. Now what? She waves a hand, causing the grease remaining on the street to disperse into the cracks in the stones and disappear.

"Well, now that our last potential hostage has literally disappeared into thin air, we are without leads," she smiles at Endar, but the expression is not exactly as friendly and warm as it might be for another. She turns to the cloaked fighter who had called himself Dorian earlier.

"If these were indeed First Worlders, I'm not surprised. The entities do not hail from this realm. Perhaps when they lose consciousness -or life- their connection to our world is likewise severed. More than this conjecture, I do not know. They are a varied species, as wild and unpredictable as one can imagine. When we come across another we should try our best not to kill them."

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-10, 04:46 PM
Solana is startled when the kobold in her grasp fades away. Glancing around, she sees the others have likewise gone. Hearing Dorian's question, Solana attempts to discern its answer.

"I am...unsure. These creatures - kobolds, I believe - have memories of entities known as 'The Gatekeeper, 'The Prince', and 'The Wise One'. Perhaps these beings are involved in their dissipation."

"While I would much appreciate the chance to learn more, I see no way by which we would pursue that knowledge. I suggest investigating the vicinity in an attempt to locate more of these creatures. Should we be unable to find any more, I believe that marks the end of this quest."

Chained Birds
2013-04-10, 05:46 PM
Dorian

"I guess so. Then let's split up into groups of 2 (at least) and search for clues."

Dorian suggest the following pairings:
- Elada + Kestrel
- Arim + Endar
- Solana + Dorian.

Endartheender
2013-04-10, 07:40 PM
Endar's heart begins to slow, the adrenaline rush of combat begins to subside as his faculties return to him. He looks around confirming the absence of any further threats before fully releasing his guard. The burning sensation of the energy still lingers on his skin as he bends over to pick up some of the tattered remains of the creature before him. Its body dissolving in gossamer smoke. He shakes the clothing free, and tears a piece of the cloth off, using it he wipes down his blade, returning the previous glimmering shine to it. The rag, now damp with the fleshy remnants of the sword is thrown to the ground where it lands with a sloppy wet thud. Endar brings his sleeve to his mouth where he runs the sleeve over him, trying to remove the majority of the blood from his face. As he finishes cleaning himself off he notices the valuables left in the smokey ruins of his foe. He leans down and collects them. He then turns toward the others, slowly collecting the fallen loot one my one.

Who ever has the haversack that was decided we can figure it out in OOC or w/e but keeping that vague on purpose

Endar deposits the loot into the sack and then sits down on the ground and begins to slowly count out the coins. He seems deliberate and methodical, his mind attempting to work at a slower pace as to not invite any error and to also allow him to correctly distribute the earnings. Endar distributes the coins into 6 piles, dropping one coin into each pile as he does so moving in a circle. Afterwards he wraps up each pile in a torn sack of cloth and ties it off. He then calls out everyone's name as he throws them there sack of coins.

Endar will give Amir, Dorian, Eleda, Solana, Kestrel, and himself a sack of coins, each one contains 83 gold and 33 silver.

Endar stands back up and wipes the dust off his hand. He sheaths his sword and pulls his arms high above him as if to stretch. He looks around pleased that the tedious after work is done, and looks around. To this point Endar seemed oblivious to the groups chatter, now that the loot was taken care of Endar looks around, a serious look hangs upon his face. His tail tucks itself back inside Endar's coat as he attempts to fasten it close as he walks over to Solana. His head nods slightly as he catches her attention, as if to rest assure her he means her harm. He begins to speak in a hushed voice to her, markedly softer then his usual tone and express.

"Solana, Endar needs speak with you", his voice almost trembles as he tries hard to articulate better, you can the frustration on his face as he attempts to do so.

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-10, 08:11 PM
Solana looks up at Endar, and gives a short nod.

"Then speak. My permission is unneeded."

Endartheender
2013-04-10, 09:09 PM
Endar will half heartily smile at Solana's nod, he then holds out his hand and pulls back his sleeve. His skin seemed pale but smooth, almost alabaster or marble in texture, but stretched across his skin was seared marks, these darted across his skin almost like lightning bolts in the sky, the area redden with inflammation as would accompany such a wound after.

"Endar suffers unlike you. Endar find no pleasant end to magiks meant to sooth. Positive energy flays endar's skin, and cuts deep, ending in torment. Yet Endar feels just that end with spells to harm and inflict. Negative Energy mends Endar's wounds, ends his endings." Endar struggles to find the right words as he speaks, trying hard to sound like the others in there speak. "Endar suffers curse, Endar not undead yet healing magik think Endar undead. Endar healed by negative however, but scorched by positive. But Endar not undead, Endar hates the undead. Lady Ender hates the undead as well, they are endings which have ended but refuse there end. Endar may not end nice but endar not Undead. "

Endar's head hangs a bit low as he finishes, waiting for your reply.

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-10, 09:32 PM
Solana listens intently to Endar's explanation of his nature, glancing at his wound as she does. As he finishes, she nods again.

"Very well. I shall take precautions so as to not inadvertently injure you when my intent would be to restore."

"Now, if you would, allow me to mend your injury."

The cleric reaches for her holy symbol, a simple wooden carving of a bird clutching a scroll, as she recants some arcane lettering. As she finishes, her free hand begins to glow a dull grey, the wrist up appearing old and fragile. She reaches for Endar's seared hand, allowing the negative energy to travel from her to him. At the same time, Solana receives insights of knowledge as to what Endar's "curse" is.

Casting Inflict Light Wounds: [roll0] (+1 caster level)
Using Lore Keeper too, because unlimited uses a day is fun. :D

Chained Birds
2013-04-10, 09:36 PM
Dorian

Noticing Endar and Solana whispering to each other,

"Hmm, well I guess the group splitting can be altered. I guess, Arim, you're with me."

Lexin
2013-04-11, 10:21 AM
Arim

Arim collects one of his shurikens and looks around with puzzled expression, as he cannot find the other one. 'It is not like it ran away or anything...' he thinks, but in the end shrugs and joins the group. He would afford a lot of shurikens for the gold they found on the kobolds.
He sees Endar and Solana getting friendly and hears Dorian, talking to him about changing scouting groups.

"Nothing against that." he says calmly approaching Dorian "Lets split here, every group in different direction and we meet back here... in an hour? Two?"

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-12, 05:08 PM
Kestrel moves over to Eleda as the others gather together, concern clear on his features. He visibly calms as Eleda confirms that she is unhurt, and he stretches his arms out, indicating that he is also untouched.

"Our friends fight good, Eleda."
"That they do," Eleda admits begrudgingly.

They turn as Endar tosses the pouches onto the street. To the victor go the spoils, I believe it's said. Let's see what we got. The 'siblings' move over, Eleda snatching up two of the six pouches that are clearly meant to be divided equally. Her mind begins to wander once she peeks inside her share, distracted by daydreams of opulent relaxation. She is roused from it by Kestrel's light tap on her shoulder.

"We look for clues."

Eleda nods in agreement. Since the other members have clearly chiseled off into two-person pairs, its obvious that Eleda and Kestrel will work together. Just like its always been. Us two against the world.

"An hour sounds good," she agrees before setting down the road. "If there are clues too deep to be unearthed after that time, we won't likely find them. Not with creatures such as those."

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-14, 01:08 PM
When Solana touches upon the mind of Endar, her vision clouds over as she is taken through his past.

women and men are dragged into dank underground chambers, where fiendish claws grasp at their forms and tear at their clothes. White fangs nip at flesh as the mortal's piercing screams echo throughout the chambers.

Five priests, weary and heavily armed and armored leave a distant mansion in the cold swamps. The symbols of the gods Sarenrae, Iomedae, Erastil and Shelyn hang from their necks, splashed with fiendish blood and the viscera of the undead. Each carries a child, a tiefling child, but strange and altered. Behind these five figures a cloaked and hooded Inquisitor of Pharasma follows, carrying her own charge.

A young child (probably Endar) wearing a small robe etched with the symbol of Iomedae, His hair is cut short and you can see two horns growing back on his head, while his eyes seem inky black, being scolded by several people, he seems to have dropped a food dish he was gathering to clean and a few of the staff are punishing him, with one of them striking him repeatedly.

The same child now older, huddled in a corner terrified as he can hear some terrible creature is ripping apart people in the other rooms. Screams fill the air, blood splashes against Solana's vision as the sight fades out.

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-14, 04:30 PM
Solana involuntarily takes a step back as the vision fades. From an outside perspective, it looks more like she's simply giving him room now that she's done, though.

To her, the most curious part of the memory is the collection of priests seen. Solana wracks her head for any reason why the five deities represented would be working together.

Knowledge: Religion check: [roll0] (+4 Int, +1 rank, +3 class skill, +2 trait feat (whoops, wrong source))

Note: Can I take 10 on knowledge checks?

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-14, 04:35 PM
The only thing that Solana can be certain of that might cause so many clergies to work together would be a very large demonic cult, and considering the inclusion of a Pharasmian Inquisitor, probably one dedicated to the Undead or the demon lord Orcus.

No, I don't think taking 10 on knowledge checks is allowed without some kind of class feature or feat. They represent obscure knowledge that would require active research or thought to recall or discover.

If you were in a library, maybe. Besides, Nat 20.

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-14, 04:57 PM
Solana's mind races with possibilities. She eventually settles with the conclusion that the cult which the priests likely fought were attempting to turn tieflings into undead, possibly for some sort of ritual. Endar was probably one of those who were saved.

The creature near the end of the vision was an anomaly, but, having not heard or seen the creature itself, Solana did not believe she was able to identify it. Perhaps if she gets another chance to look into the antipaladin's memories...

In any case, Solana shakes herself out of her thoughts and looks around. She grabs one of the bags of coin that Endar set out and puts it in her coinpurse. Upon doing so, however, she notices that it seems to have been slashed open and some of its contents spilled out. She wasn't terribly bothered by this, however; money was only a tool by which she could gain more knowledge, and it was easily replaceable. However, she does move the coinpurse inside her backpack in order to keep it from spilling further.

Afterward, she looks for the errant crossbow bolt she attempted to fire. Once she does (or if she cannot), she fiddles with the crossbow itself to get it back working normally again.

Perception to find the arrow, taking (20+4)[24] (+4 Wis)

Finishing that, she turns to the rest of the group. "If that is the case, then we should begin our search immediately. The longer we wait, the greater our chances of uncovering information diminish."

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-14, 06:32 PM
Eleda nods in agreement with Solana before promptly spinning on her heel and marching north along the street, looking for a witness to interrogate. Kestrel lingers not long behind her, scouring the area for clues as they go.

Kestrel Perception Check
[roll0]

I'm not going to roll a Diplomacy for Eleda unless she finds someone/I am prompted.

Lexin
2013-04-15, 03:03 AM
Arim sees that team Eleda already started looking around. He shrugs and turns to Dorian.

"Let's go as well." he says simply and starts walking in a different direction than Eleda, looking for clues.

I suppose it would take too much time to take 20 on Perception.
With my marvelous rolls in this thread I would take 10, for total of 13.

Chained Birds
2013-04-15, 05:30 AM
Dorian

"Way ahead of you. Keep your eyes and ears vigilant."

Endartheender
2013-04-15, 08:10 AM
Endar looks queerly at Solana at first, as she begins to cast her spell. Endar seems almost timid at the hands of the cleric, unsure as she cast her spell, yet as the negative energy washes over him, he relaxes a bit. His face begins to contort and change, and for a small time Solana can catch Endar's face relax into an almost peaceful face, the grim countenance of the terrifying creature before her given way to softer features as Solana sooths his wounds. Endar's mind snaps back as Endar remembers a women long ago who would also heal his wounds in such a way, a women with a soft face and loving eyes, all under a large brim black hat who wore the symbol of Pharasma. At this Endar snapped back to the presence, unaware that Solana had long finished the spell. This was the first time in a long time Endar had been kindly touched by someone else and the moment brought with it to him a momentary calm. But as the cold air of the night blew he recollects himself. He looks around, seeing everyone preparing to break up into teams of two. He looks at Solana and nods. She can almost make out a faint smile upon his face as he does. He grabs his sword and swings it to his side and looks at her.

"Endar thank you. Endar Ready, let us End this."

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-15, 09:17 AM
Hearing Endar ready to start (or end stopping, as he'd likely put it), Solana begins to travel in a direction separate from the other pairings, looking around to find any information on the First Worlders.

If I can, taking (20+4)[24] (+4 Wis) on Perception.

If not: [roll0] (+4 Wis)

Endartheender
2013-04-15, 09:37 AM
Endar will closely follow behind Solana, sword drawn in one hand as he eyes the town. He will follow her closely ready for a fight. Endar will mutter to Solana,

"Endar not feel ending is ending truly first enders have more ends before ending them ends end."

[roll0] (+0 modifier, perception roll)

Elricaltovilla
2013-04-19, 07:18 AM
There don't appear to be any other beings around, however tracks can be seen in the sand heading away from the battle. They are very strange, with two large toes pointing out from a narrow foot, giving the impression of crab claws.

Chained Birds
2013-04-19, 12:35 PM
Dorian

"It would appear our mission is still incomplete. Even if this trail does not lead to the targets we seek, it would be best to check. At least, just to make sure there are no loose ends.

Up for another bout my friends?"

Dorian is ready to investigate where the track lead.

Lexin
2013-04-20, 02:39 AM
Arim

Arim shrugs looking at Dorian and says

"We have to complete the mission." he says in a flat tone (thinking 'Couldn't have been that easy.')
"Let's go."

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-20, 04:08 PM
Eleda and Kestrel are prepared to continue as well. The half-elf seems significantly restless, as the tracks had not been her discovery and her search had been fruitless. In fact, nothing at all of note had occurred and she had nearly turned back after only half an hour of sheer boredom.

"Well, lets get going then!"

Endartheender
2013-04-21, 09:18 AM
After awhile of searching with Solana and finally coming back to the group, Endar looks about the tracks. The lack of any evidence of first worlds has begun to greatly bore Endar, and the tracks, despite the fact they may be something else, seems at the least to lead to something more interesting then this town. Endar excitedly looks around and nods at everyone.

"Endar of the silence! End this ending. Let's end up ending this!" He says, excitement rolling back into his voice as he prepares to move out with the party.

aturtledoesbite
2013-04-29, 10:28 AM
Solana examines the tracks. They weren't the same as those of the kobolds they fought. These were of smaller creatures.

"These tracks belong to gremlins, creatures that have similarities with fey creatures, such as fairies. Watch for small beings, approximately the height of a young child."

Chained Birds
2013-04-29, 11:04 AM
Dorian

"Children... That would be unfortunate..."

Dorian seems to be thinking about something, though he shivers and shakes his head.

"Either way, good to know."

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-02, 12:01 PM
The tracks lead down to the water, standing on the shore you can't see anything unusual, but whatever made the tracks definitely went into the water.

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-02, 03:05 PM
Eleda follows the tracks with the rest of the team until they get to the water's edge. Her attention is then diverted entirely to the sea before her. Her expression morphs as she hovers between awe and fear. She begins to wade in before Kestrel reaches out and restrains her, keeping her from wandering in any further than ankle-depth. The hand reminds her of their cause, and she turns to the others.

"Now what? I don't have any spells to help with swimming, and I don't really know how to."

Endartheender
2013-05-02, 03:23 PM
Endar unsheathes his sword as he walks down with the party to the ocean. He seems less concerned with the tracking of the feet, and more concerned with the area around them. He seems to quietly peer off into the distance, and as the group stops to examine the ocean he keeps his back towards them, watching behind to ensure the group is not jumped while distracted.

Chained Birds
2013-05-04, 05:19 PM
Dorian

Dorian begins to remove his Leather Armor.

"I don't mind checking the waters."

Once he removes his armor, he begins to stretch a bit for the swim ahead.

Swim: [roll0]
- Didn't know swimming would be involved due to the desert nature of this game. Should have put a point into it...
- Edit: If I did put a point, my swim would be an 11 instead of 7...
Perception: [roll1]

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-07, 12:15 PM
The water is cold and murky, swimming in it chills you to your bone. Swimming further out, you see nothing of note, so you return to shore.

Chained Birds
2013-05-07, 01:01 PM
Dorian

Drying off a bit, before donning his armor again.

"Seems, there is nothing in the water. Where might these tracks go then?"

aturtledoesbite
2013-05-07, 08:22 PM
Solana stares intently at where the tracks meet the water, an idea forming in her mind.

"Could you, perhaps, ascertain whether or not these tracks continue underneath the water? Perhaps the tide has risen in the time between these tracks' creation and the present."

Chained Birds
2013-05-07, 08:32 PM
Dorian

"So, you wish for me to toil around under the water looking for some sort if entrance? I'll try my best."

Dorian stops mid-armor donning and removes his armor again. Getting ready for another dip, he is still uncertain as to what he is looking for, but while try what he can.

Dorian feels around the area in front of where the tracks left off, and continues in a straight line until he finds something.

Swim: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Edit: Dorian dives into the water. Air bubbles begin to form on the surface but soon fade away. Dorian's body washes up on the shore.

"... Someone else do the swimming please..."

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-08, 03:17 PM
Hint: Someone should make a perception check to see what's on the beach. Try taking ten on it.

Chained Birds
2013-05-08, 03:22 PM
Dorian

With the swim fail firmly set in his mind, Dorian decides to re-don his armor and search the sand for clues...

Perception: Take 10 (14) or Take 20 if needed (24)

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-08, 03:29 PM
About a hundred feet away there is a lump lying on the beach, perhaps you didn't notice it at first because of the moonlight. Closer inspection would reveal it to be the body of a human. He is dead.

aturtledoesbite
2013-05-08, 06:01 PM
Perception: Taking (10+4)[14] (+4 WIS) to spot the body.

Solana, seeing Dorian spot something, follows along his vision until she comes upon the body.

"It seems we have a casualty. I advise caution when approaching the body; its slayer may yet be nearby."

Perception: Taking (20+4)[24] (+4 WIS) to look for any nearby creatures, possibly those gremlins. Assume the check takes place while she slowly walks toward the body.

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-08, 06:40 PM
Eleda walks along the shoreline, not far behind Dorian and Solana. She hums a vague tune, as she does so, her feet splashing in the lapping surf. When they find the body, she glances about suspiciously.

"They killed someone? Just now? Oh no. . . . Kestrel, keep those beautiful eyes of yours open."

Perception check for the two of them.

Eleda: [roll0]
Kestrel: [roll1]

Endartheender
2013-05-09, 10:44 AM
Talk of a dead body draws Endar's attention. He moves over cautiously to the group, only glance at the body; his attention more focused on the area around then, suspecting some sort of trap.

"Endar ends thoughts of nice, this end up ending us in trap Endar ends."

Lexin
2013-05-11, 06:22 AM
Arim walks closer to the body, looking around, trying to see if there is anything dangerous waiting for them there.

Perception [roll0]

If he finds nothing, he kneels by the body and tries to find out as much as he can. Like what killed him and how, or who he was perhaps.

"I wonder what got him." he says quietly as he approaches the body.

'Take 10' on perception (for 13) to see if the 'dead body' isn't 'undead body' before approaching. If not:
'Take 20' on perception (for 23) to find out how was he killed/ who was he (by looking at his belongings).

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-15, 03:55 PM
The clothing of the man is dry, but his body looks waterlogged and bloated, as if he had been drowned. Arim approaches the body but it does not move or react in any way. The man seems quite irrevocably dead.

aturtledoesbite
2013-05-15, 06:41 PM
Glancing around to make absolutely sure there's nothing nearby, Solana approaches the body and lays her hand upon it, to see if she might be able to learn anything.

Using Lore Keeper.

Endartheender
2013-05-15, 07:27 PM
Endar will will watch Solana touch the body, after a second or so later, he will attempt to kick the body over and see if there is anything underneath of it, or if it is on top of anything.

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-15, 07:44 PM
Standing around gazing at the stars, the water laps gently upon the shore. There's a sudden gust of wind, which blows your hat away. You turn and see a small hunched figure with large pincers instead of hands. Frightened, you try to scream, but suddenly you're choking gasping for air as water fills your lungs and clouds your vision. You fall over and claw at the dry ground, then black out.

----------

When Endar kicks the body over, he finds a small crab which scuttles away and tries to burrow into the sand.

Chained Birds
2013-05-15, 10:57 PM
Dorian

Watching the crab scuttle away,

"Crabs are scavengers. At least that is a better life than being a parasite. I think?

So, does anyone know this guy? I hope he didn't have a family..."

aturtledoesbite
2013-05-15, 11:11 PM
Solana ponders on the vision for a few moments, piecing things together.

"This man was drowned with magic, cast by a small being with pincers as hands."

Realizing a potential possibility as she spoke, Solana turns toward the crab, an incantation fluttering past her lips as she holds out her hand.

"Revelare illud quod tangitur magicae."

Casting Detect Magic in the direction of the crab. Only focusing for one round, to see if it's got an aura or not.

Also, yes, that is indeed Latin. ...Well, Google Translate Latin, anyway. :P

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-16, 03:42 PM
The spell reveals to Solana that the crab is indeed magical in nature. In her eldritch sight, it appears to be following a faintly glowing trail of arcane energy.

aturtledoesbite
2013-05-16, 05:22 PM
Solana starts putting the pieces together. The man was drowned by a small being with pincers as hands. A crab was found under his body. That crab has some sort of magical aura.

She comes to the conclusion that the crab is not as it appears to be. Taking care not to let her hand get within range of the pincers, Solana picks up the crab, searching it for any information.

Using Lore Keeper. Will I need to make a touch attack?

(If it's under the sand, she holds focus on Detect Magic so she can locate and dig it up. Then she picks it up.)

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-22, 03:39 PM
As Solana reaches down to pick up the crab, her insight into the arcane causes her to realize that it is an illusion. The crab disappears from sight and so does the faintly glowing trail it was following, as her detect magic spell peters out.

Chained Birds
2013-05-22, 05:27 PM
Dorian

"Did that crab even exist are all? Spooky.

Anyways, what did you figure out? It looked like you were on to something."

aturtledoesbite
2013-05-22, 09:32 PM
"The crab was merely an illusion. Nothing more. It also seemed to be following some sort of pathway, marked with a magical aura."

"The most expeditious course of action would be to travel along the path created by the magical aura...however, I am curious as to the original purpose of this illusion. Should we choose to travel the trail set out for us, we should remain wary."

Solana recites the same magic words as earlier, looking as far down the magic trail as she can see, in order to figure out where it might be going.

Casting Detect Magic again, maintaining focus as long as I can. Also, using Knowledge (Arcana) after the third round to identify the school of magic our trail belongs to: [roll0]

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-25, 12:13 AM
Eleda shuffles over to where they had found the crab, leaning over to Solana as she twirls a chakram around one arm.

"Sounds like fun, lead the way!"

Elricaltovilla
2013-05-25, 10:16 AM
The illusory path lights up again in Solana's vision. the trail heads down the beach and towards a small alcove in a rocky outcropping.

aturtledoesbite
2013-05-25, 11:27 AM
Solana points toward the alcove.

"It would appear that the illusion intended to travel toward the opening in that direction. Perhaps we may find insight as to the location of this man's murderer if we walk the trail ourselves."

"However, current events seem too...coincidental to be accepted as they are. I recommend that everyone take whatever actions necessary to prepare for sudden combat."

As she speaks, Solana pulls out her crossbow, double-checking to make sure it's not jammed by firing a bolt straight down into the sand. Seeing that it seems to be working fine, she retrieves the bolt and reloads her crossbow.

Solana waits for everyone else to get ready before she starts along the path. She won't need to cast her spell again, for she's now inscribed the trail to memory.

Chained Birds
2013-05-25, 09:52 PM
Dorian

Dorian makes certain his armor and wardrobe is without fault at Solana's caution.

"Wise to fear the unknown. I hope our opponents can listen to reason."

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-02, 05:47 PM
The rocky alcove leads into a small damp cave. A pool of crystal clear seawater is lit by a beam of moonlight from above. Although you can'ts see anyting, you can hear the sounds of movement in the darkness.

aturtledoesbite
2013-06-03, 09:00 PM
Solana could hear things moving within the alcove. Yet, even to her racially-enhanced eyesight (that hasn't proven itself to be enhanced at all), nothing was visible. Remembering that they were led here by an illusion, Solana casts her spell another time, looking to see if there's any magic hanging around.

Casting Detect Magic.

Chained Birds
2013-06-04, 10:24 PM
Dorian

"Dark in here. Let me pop a sunrod."

Dorian takes out a sunrod and activates it.

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-05, 08:06 PM
The alcove is empty. The water, the fish, the rocks all disappear as Solana's magically enhanced sight causes the illusions to fade before her. The only thing that appears to be real is a piece of folded paper on the bare stone floor of the alcove.

aturtledoesbite
2013-06-05, 10:54 PM
Watching the area around her to make sure nothing jumps out, Solana makes her way toward the folded parchment and picks it up, reading it.

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-10, 08:17 PM
The note is scrawled out in terrible handwriting,

Wee Gott Yewe!

As soon as Solana picks up the note, a portcullis slams down behind the party, trapping them inside the alcove.

aturtledoesbite
2013-06-11, 10:22 PM
"It would seem our targets are more cunning than we had originally assumed. Should we remain here, the oceanic tide will deluge this place, leaving us with no possibility of survival.

"Would someone like to examine the portcullis? Perhaps it is not of sturdier material than our weapons can shatter."

Chained Birds
2013-06-11, 10:45 PM
Dorian

The red-clothed individual looks around, as if trying to find someone else who will look through the portcullis.

Sighing,

"I'll check."

Lexin
2013-06-14, 03:45 AM
Arim Zaar

Arim walks to the portcullis and quietly tries to find anything which might help in this situation. Mechanism which would open a trap, or maybe even a weak spot which they could break before it is too late...

"Nothing better to do, as we are stuck here."
He murmurs to himself as he starts looking around.

Taking 20 on perception, for 23.