PDA

View Full Version : unarmed bluffer build..

animewatcha
2013-03-26, 05:37 PM
IIRC, you guys can optimize bluff or something to be +200 by level 20 or so. I'm wanting to try out the epic usage of the skill bluff for suggestion ( both for fun and combat usage ). With a few stipulations. No ToB. Need convincing argument for evil/exalted. Alignment is gonna be LN.

First few levels I plan on it being the sidewinder monk ( probably till 6th ). Atleast one level is gonna be the tattoed monk for the +10 untyped bonus to bluff tattoo along with the other 2 goodies of that tattoo. Unarmed being backup-combat option. 3 of the feats are gonna be endurance (tax feat for tattoo'd, tireless feat doesn't count as endurance unless it got re-printed somewhere ), improved grapple ( tax feat ), and arcane schooling bard mainly for glibness. I am aware of the cloak of charisma, greater choker of eloquence ( 24k, bah ), and the circlet of persuasion for the +3 to cha checks and cha skill checks. From I hear, my group sometimes uses their friends ( that I don't know ) to DM and there isn't always a 're-equip' option available.

Help me optimize bluff more and backup options. I am assuming starting level of around 10 or so with this. Max LA I'm willing to go for is maybe +1. Other issue is picking right race/classes afterwards. Be it changeling and warshaper or illumian for chameleon. Help?

Sources available are drag mags, comp, and WOTC books besides Tome of Battle. 3.0 is okay provided not updated and what not. I.E. I have to use 3.5 tattoo monk, not the 3.0.

Diovid
2013-03-26, 06:04 PM
Race: Changeling (Races of Eberron)
Base class: Your first level should be Rogue using the Changeling Rogue substitution level (Races of Eberron) maybe combined with the Martial Rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue) variant, you should also pick up 1 level of Marshal (Miniatures Handbook, available here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030906b))
Prcs: Exemplar, at least 1 level (Complete Adventurer), Cabinet Trickster (Races of Eberron), Mountebank, at least 1 level (Complete Scoundrel), Charlatan (Dragon Magazine #335)
Feats: Changeling racial feats (Races of Eberron), Rapscallion (Dragon magazine #315), Combat Panache (PHB II), Wanderer's Diplomacy (PHB II), Fade into Violence (PHB II), Nymph's Kiss (BoED)
Other: Interaction Skill Tricks (Complete Scoundrel, Dragon Magazine #357), Middle age (or older), Magic-Blooded template (Dragon Magazine #306), Unseelie Fey Template* (Dragon Magazine #304)
*Possibly gives the Unseelie Court Noble Kelir feat for free.

Urpriest
2013-03-26, 07:31 PM
It's a pity this isn't Pathfinder. PF Gnome Monks can use Bluff to incapacitate their foes with riddles.