PDA

View Full Version : Belkar in Hell?

JusticeZero
2013-03-26, 09:56 PM
You know, I don't think demons need to breathe..

Lots of people keep thinking Belkar will repent and become non-evil. I honestly think he has too far to go, and he's honestly not making very much headway, beyond some self-reflection. He isn't really trying.

We've seen the LG place. What happens if Belkar goes X-eyed soon? Durkon isn't around right now, and Roy "knows" he's dead forever, so it's a self fulfilling prophecy. That means Belkar will show up at a flaming gate with a bat-winged receptionist, and end up on this evil and dark plane of doomy doomness.

You know who else is there? Sabine, the IFCC, and the imp, all of whom have some definite interest in the OOTS.

I can just see Belkar proceeding to fight his way through the rank amateurs and milktoast villains surrounding him until the IFCC summon him to their chambers, bring him into the fold and send him back to do their bidding and save the world. (You cant destroy the world, THAT'S WHERE WE GET OUR SOULS FROM!).

Dunno, it's not the most likely possibility, but it is one.

Gift Jeraff
2013-03-26, 10:15 PM
I personally think he'll fight the IFCC in the Lower Planes, and somehow that will be how (DStP spoiler)he saves Hinjo a second time.

137beth
2013-03-26, 10:28 PM
But...why would the IFCC be in the abyss? Sure, SABINE is chaotic, but the quarr is lawful, so he would be in the nine hells...
And the IFCC could be anywhere. Assuming Belkar hasn't changed alignments, he'd end up in the abyss.

JusticeZero
2013-03-26, 11:15 PM
The IFCC is co-op across the *E planes, as I recall. So one of them has access to the Abyss.

isoriveil
2013-03-27, 02:45 AM
The IFCC is co-op across the *E planes, as I recall. So one of them has access to the Abyss.

Yes. Belkar will dismember Cedrik, use one of deceased kobolds to look tall enough in Cedrik's coat and sneak into meeting.

Malak'ai
2013-03-27, 03:00 AM
Yes. Belkar will dismember Cedrik, use one of deceased kobolds to look tall enough in Cedrik's coat and sneak into meeting.

Would that give Belkar control of V's soul if V goes toes up as well?

Shred-Bot
2013-03-27, 06:53 AM
Would that give Belkar control of V's soul if V goes toes up as well?

I have a sneaking suspicion that a Belkar-controlled V would spend most of the allotted 20-ish minutes casting "Maximized Empowered Explosive Runes" on random items in V's inventory. (And it will be awesome)

Xelbiuj
2013-03-27, 08:33 AM
I'm sure self sacrifice and saving the world from an uber powerful lich; actually goblin deity could earn him a few brownie points toward true neutral.

I see no reason for him to die "soon". Has anyone calculated how long it's been in comic? Assuming he has 2-3 weeks left, that could be plenty of time to finish the main story arc.

F.Harr
2013-03-27, 11:15 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that a Belkar-controlled V would spend most of the allotted 20-ish minutes casting "Maximized Empowered Explosive Runes" on random items in V's inventory. (And it will be awesome)

Well, THAT could be fun.

I'm sure self sacrifice and saving the world from an uber powerful lich; actually goblin deity could earn him a few brownie points toward true neutral.

I see no reason for him to die "soon". Has anyone calculated how long it's been in comic? Assuming he has 2-3 weeks left, that could be plenty of time to finish the main story arc.

That's reasonable. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how Belkar gets on in the afterlife.

Xelbiuj
2013-03-27, 11:42 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Belkar gets on in the afterlife.

I'm hoping he doesn't show too much.
Just Belkar going all shoeless god of war on an endless pile of demons, or if Rich does a "where are they now" comic toward the end, to show how the "cast" is doing; Oracle, Gannjji, Ernor, Azurites, etc . . .
An ultra-closeup showing a hand holding a cigar made of poorly worded legal documents. Let people debate on whether it's Shojo or Belkar, lol.

Beanjamish
2013-03-27, 12:55 PM
You know, I don't think demons need to breathe..

They do, actually. Outsiders don't need to eat, drink, or sleep but they do still need to breath. Suffocating one to death is on my bucket-list of things to do in a D&D game.

Damned souls probably don't breath though, sure.

RNGgod
2013-03-27, 01:34 PM

Roy said "seven weeks" at the end of DStP. As we saw in 843, it has been two weeks since then.

We have plenty of time.

hamishspence
2013-03-27, 01:37 PM
Desert environment means any decay is slowed. So at least two weeks (Durkon's comment) possibly slightly more.

Around strip 726:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0726.html
which was posted 27/5/2010

roughly two weeks had gone by since Roy's "seven weeks" comment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8569129&postcount=19)

How long's it been since then?

SoC175
2013-03-27, 02:20 PM
Damned souls probably don't breath though, sure.Actually they do. A damned soul becomes a petitioner and they have the outsider subtype and as such they do breath

Gift Jeraff
2013-03-27, 02:29 PM
Desert environment means any decay is slowed. So at least two weeks (Durkon's comment) possibly slightly more.

Around strip 726:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0726.html
which was posted 27/5/2010

roughly two weeks had gone by since Roy's "seven weeks" comment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8569129&postcount=19)

How long's it been since then?

2 nights pass in Bleedingham (the dinner and the parade), about half-a-day spent when the Linear Guild attacks, about 2 days to get to the Windy Canyon, and about a day spent retrieving V.

Vinyadan
2013-03-27, 05:27 PM
I really don't know how it works in the OotSverse, but, if he gets to play in the Blood War, he will be happier than ever.