PDA

View Full Version : Statting Brave Vesperia--help please?

CoffeeIncluded
2013-03-26, 10:08 PM
Athedia, Draconi Redfir, Devmaar, Dusk Eclipse, and Silverraptor, out. :smallwink:

Okay, now that my players are gone, I've got yet another question for you guys. Much later in the campaign I'm planning a tournament arc, where the group is going to fight other mercenary groups in their guild (non-lethal, but the winner is going to be picked by a powerful client so they'll want to win). I love the Tales Series, my DMPC is an unabashed expy of Colonel Jade Curtiss and my campaign is called Tales of Aequar. I'm going to throw loads of references to the series into my campaign (as well as references to other video game series I love--I already warned my players not to piss me off too much, lest I throw the Water Temple at them!), and I think it would be fun if they fought the main cast of Tales of Vesperia--Yuri Lowell, Repede, Estellise Heurassein (AKA Estelle), Karol Capel, Rita Mordio, Raven, and Judith. Problem is, I'm not sure how to stat them out.

I do know that the party's going to be between levels 7-8 at the time of this fight, probably around level 7, and I have a lot of time (so I'll probably ask again once I get closer to the point), but I want to see if my thinking's good. What do you guys think of what I have for their basic classes so far?

Yuri: Warblade with an emphasis on Tiger Claw and Iron Heart maneuvers. Wields a longsword and has surprisingly high dexterity.

Repede: This is tough. Despite my temptation to make him a riding dog, it's heavily implied he has an intelligence score in Tales of Vesperia, so my second choice is to make him a blink dog with class levels--and then give Yuri the Leadership feat and make Repede his cohort.

Estelle: Cleric with a rapier and very high con score, but a lower-than-expected wisdom score for a cleric.

Karol: Even tougher than Repede, since I also don't want him to be 12 in my game--it's not that much of a JRPG! But he's still got to be short and strong, so...part of me wants to make him a dwarf, but I don't know. Not sure on the class either--maybe crusader? Either way he's got a battleaxe.

Rita: Evoker wizard with quite a few necromancy spells (come on, what other school would a spell called Violent Pain be in?), probably with Illusion and Enchantment barred. This one's easy.

Raven: The bow, wilderness theme, and limited spellcasting and healing ability (all wind spells too) makes me think ranger. Beyond that, I'm not too sure.

Judith: Probably an elf, maybe a swordsage? She's very...floaty, and I never found her as durable as Yuri.

What do you guys think? You're all better at this than I am. I'm sorry to trouble you all so much.