PDA

View Full Version : FOR FREEDOM! IC Thread

TheDireWolf
2013-03-26, 10:18 PM
It is a bright, sunny, and normal day, in Miathros. You six find yourselves in this city, the capital of the Miathran kingdom, and the location of the King's palace. You are currently at the palace, where the King is making a speech on the subject of the growing resistance against the kingdom. You are in the city for many reasons, all varied. But as of now, in front of the palace, for one reason, one reason which you all share; to assassinate the king. He stands on an elevated platform, with a staircase leading up to it. Various elite troops are stationed at the staircase, equipped with their black cloaks, face-concealing masks, and breastplates. The king wears a set of plated chain, a suit of chainmail with plating to protect vital areas, colored gold, with the Miathran crown on his head. It is made of pure gold and silver, with various valuable gems inlaid on it. "I gather you here, on this wonderful day, to address you all personally on the growing threat the Rebellion represents. Yes, the rumors spreading are true. A collective of twisted, evil individuals has joined together to disrupt the order and peace of this great society." He continues on, but you mostly ignore his propaganda. Right now, you're focused on finding a way to get to him. This may he the only chance you get.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-26, 10:53 PM
I look around (while trying to hide the fact that I'm looking around)
Looking for: any weaknesses in the guard, or maybe others that look as pissed as I'm feeling (which is pretty pissed, I mean here's the head of the government that killed my parents and siblings, and nearly killed me.)

Spot Check:
[roll0]

Bluff Check:
[roll1]

Sense Motive:
[roll2]

TheDireWolf
2013-03-26, 10:56 PM
You see nothing that could be useful, but that doesn't mean nothing's there. You could look once more.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-26, 10:59 PM
Alright, I'll continue to look around.

Spot:
[roll0]

Sense Motive:
[roll1]

Bluff:
[roll2]

TheDireWolf
2013-03-26, 11:06 PM
You manage to notice something that may be useful, or possibly a very bad sign. The elite guards do not seem to possess any weaponry. There is also a small blind spot where no guards would see you, and you could climb onto the platform.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-26, 11:16 PM
Seeings how he went and gathered a nice crowd for me I'm going to see if I can't nonchalantly head over towards the platform while attempting to seem ordinary. I want to appear as though I'm just trying to hear better.
Bluff for moving like I'm innocent :smalltongue: [roll0]

TheDireWolf
2013-03-26, 11:20 PM
You easily slip trough the crowd, unnoticed, and are now standing much closer to the platform.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-26, 11:24 PM
Ok, now to get their attention. Zak looks around and takes in the guards standing nearby, hoping they are all within earshot. Melanie he thinks, I do this for you my love, may the hate they breed be revealed for what it is
Zak stands as tall as he can and waits for a lull in the speech.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-26, 11:26 PM
Peak inside Emil's Mind:
Well, now's as good a time as any. Mom, dad, sis I'll probably be seeing you soon. Al-‘Uzzá willing, I'll take that bastard with me.

Make my way to the blind spot. Bluff check to appear as a random member of the crowd:

[roll0]

Slight of hand check to hide the fact I'm casting a spell (shield):

[roll1]

Initiative:
[roll2]

Determining my granted maneuvers:
Stance: Martial Spirit

1 Revitalizing Strike - heal 3d6 + IL self or ally w/n 10ft (R)
2 Vanguard's Strike - allies get +4 to hit (R)
3 Divine Surge - +8d8 damage (R)
4 White Raven Tactics - ally gets another turn (R)
5 Mountain Hammer - +2d6, ignore DR (R)

[roll3]
[roll4]

(incase of repeats)

[roll5]
[roll6]

So, White Raven Tactics and Divine Surge

TheDireWolf
2013-03-26, 11:27 PM
The king's speech is interuppted by him being handed a message. He pauses. "One moment, my friends. This is apparently urgent." He opens and begins to read the letter.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-26, 11:31 PM
Instinctively, Emil aborts his plan.

(maneuvers lost :smallfrown: initiative invalidated :smallfrown: Shield still cast.)

Blade Conduit
2013-03-26, 11:35 PM
Perfect... Zac raises his voice loudly, My liege, I beg of you I am a humble minstrel and I have composed a song for your glorious reign!"

Zak can't help but let the sarcasm fly off his tongue as he addresses the king.[roll0]

Clearing his throat, the bard begins.

Gods save the King
and his fascist regime
He’s just a mortal man
wearing his golden can

Gods save the Monarch
nothing but a con artist
All the lies he breeds
I want to know he bleeds

Throw your freedoms in jail
If your hearts do fail
To bring about the death
and force tyranny's last breath

Using Bardic Music for Haunting Melody DC 19 Will or be shaken for 11 rounds. Anyone within 30 ft.

TheDireWolf
2013-03-26, 11:42 PM
The song seems to scare one the guards slightly. He's trembling a tiny bit. One of them starts making strange gestures and speaking in a growling, strange language. His hands begin to crackle with electricity, and he sent a blast of lightning at Zak.

Saves for the elite troops
[roll0]
[roll1]

Chilingsworth
2013-03-26, 11:48 PM
Will save:

[roll0]

Ok, reinsituting plan:

initiative:
[roll1]

Determining Maneuvers:
Martial Spirit Stance

2 Vanguard's Strike - allies get +4 to hit (R)
3 Divine Surge - +8d8 damage (R)
4 White Raven Tactics - ally gets another turn (R)
[roll2]
[roll3]
in case of repeats:
[roll4]
[roll5]
Ok, revitalizing strike and mountain hammer

Attempt to get within 30 feet of the bard without looking suspicious:
bluff:
[roll6]

Slight of hand check to hide the fact I'm casting a spell (haste) on myself and the bard: (duration 6 rounds)
[roll7]

Swift action activate my divine companion for +6 deflection to AC (duration 6 rounds)

TheDireWolf
2013-03-26, 11:55 PM
You succeed both at hiding the fact you're moving towards Zak, and your spell.The king has also noticed the commotion, and is turning back to face you.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-03-27, 12:13 AM
Abraham looks around, eyes fuming as he spots the King but moving on; his grudge is neither personal nor specific. A rough grin does nothing to improve the look on his face as the commotion starts, but still his eyes scan the crowds, looking for any other public figures in attendance.

SPot [roll1d20-f[/roll]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-03-27, 12:16 AM
Spot [roll0]

The_listener
2013-03-27, 05:17 AM
Artyom lurked at the back of the room, no-one stood near him as the filth of the Undercity still hung on him.
It was bright, Kal hated bright, it blinded him both in sight and mind. As the king had babbled on the lights closest to Kal had slowly flickered out, as a dark song filled the air a group of small creatures formed within the folds of Kal's clothing.
"Time ta kill boss?" whispered a small voice in his ear...

Use Dismiss light to shut off all light sources within 60ft, then summon 8 2HD darklings in the dark created by his over coat.

[roll0] will save

The song rang dull in Kals ears, the hated beings of light were everywhere afterall, his mind dwelled on thoughts of death, not song.

Taking a single step into the crowd Kal through out a hand, and the darkness formed.

Activate Darkness sla.

mangosta71
2013-03-27, 09:08 AM
Malan circled around the crowd behind the podium, his form subtly shifting into the aspect of a member of the Royal Guard.
Using Hat of Disguise to cast Alter Self.
Disguise: [roll0]*

*Basing the modifier on memory - may need to adjust

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 09:22 AM
The civilians in the sphere of darkness screamed in terror. The king was shouting at the elite troops to close down the area, and to kill all of the citizens. Malian formed a very convincing disguise, causing citizens to give him a wide berth.

Blade Conduit
2013-03-27, 10:23 AM
"Hey, I though it was a good song! Looks like I'm not the only one who hates you though!" Zak realizes he is badly hurt and scrambles to heal himself.
Cure moderate wounds [roll0]

Zak feels the healing magic course through him and he's also keenly aware of other magic affecting him, dismissing it to after effects of the lighting he moves towards the guard who got him and pulls out his hand ax as he moves.
Initiative [roll1]

mangosta71
2013-03-27, 11:08 AM
Malan suppressed a grin at the apparent success of his disguise and hurried toward the platform. At the king's panicked shrieks to "kill them all" his eyes lit up with insane glee. He whispered, "That won't stop them." He raised his voice to call to the guards, "Help me turn them back!" and spun, stepping backwards toward the bottom of the staircase. Flashing a badge identifying him as an authorized spellcaster of the realm, he raised a hand and chanted a quick phrase. The air seemed to shimmer briefly around him, and a pale mist rose from the ground.

Free action: activating Fear Aura (any creature within 5' is shaken, Will DC 22)
Move action: advancing toward the platform
Bluff: [roll0] (plus whatever other modifiers you feel are appropriate) to convince the guards that I'm on their side
Standard action: casting Kelgore's Grave Mist (PHB2 p116) - centered in the crowd so that the area overlaps the platform and staircase. All living creatures within a 20' radius take [roll1] cold damage and are fatigued - no save (round 1 of 8).

Chilingsworth
2013-03-27, 01:33 PM
Identifying the spell (gravemist):

spellcraft:

Though he isn't sure what the mist is, it's delirious effects on those caught in it are obvious. He avoids it.

Meanwhile:

Determining added maneuver:

(1) 2 Vanguard's Strike - allies get +4 to hit (R)
(2) 3 Divine Surge - +8d8 damage (R)
(3) 4 White Raven Tactics - ally gets another turn (R)

[roll]1d3

Slight of hand check to disguise casting a spell (spiritual weapon) sent to attack the king.

1d20+8

Chilingsworth
2013-03-27, 01:39 PM
Ok,

Maneuver determination:

[roll0]

Slight of Hand:

[roll1]

OK, so Crusader Stuff:

Granted Maneuvers: revitalizing strike, mountain hammer, and vanguard strike
Steely Resolve: 0/10 Furious Counterstrike: +0
Zealous Surge 1/1

Chilingsworth
2013-03-27, 01:45 PM
Spiritual weapon attack on the king:

[roll0]

crit confirmation (ignore if first roll is 17 or less):

[roll1]

damage:
[roll2]

crit damage (ignore if hit is not a confirmed crit):
[roll3]

(I know, I have to get a better system for this together.:smallsigh:)

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 02:59 PM
The spiritual weapon bore down on the king's head... And slammed into an invisible shield of force surrounding him. It was deflected off the shield. "Hello there." He pointed towards Emiliano, and a blue ray shot out of it, towards Emiliano.

Ranged Touch Attack 1d20+16

Damage- 16d6

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 03:15 PM
The guard laughs, and casts a spell. An orb of electricity forms in his hands, and the energy bursts forth, flying towards Zak.

Attack Roll- [roll0]

Damage- [roll1]

Fort save or be entangled for 1 round, DC 19

Blade Conduit
2013-03-27, 03:29 PM
Expending a bardic music to enter snowflake wardance

Zak begins moving back and forth on his feat to a hidden beat and flys at the Guard and slashes viciously with his handaxe.

Attack [roll0]
If 20 on Atk [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 03:32 PM
The guard gasps, and stumbles back, with a large gash on his chest. He casts another spell, and fire comes blasting forth towards Zak.

Damage- [roll0]

Reflex save for half damage, DC 16

mangosta71
2013-03-27, 04:09 PM
Malan's left hand seems to wither briefly, then glows with a pale, unearthly light. The mist has no apparent effect on him as he passes among the guards.
Standard action: casting Spectral Hand. Malan takes [roll0] damage.
Move action: moving casually, attempting to subject the guards to my fear aura (Will DC 22 or become shaken)
Grave Mist deals [roll1] to living creatures in its area of effect. Living creatures are fatigued (no save) - round 2 of 8.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-27, 04:12 PM
Ouch!

Well, it would be but... Immediate Action: *wings of cover!*

Dragon wings made of force spring from Emil's back, deflecting the tyrant's ray of icy death.

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 04:27 PM
The king is surprised. "Well, well, well. A spellcaster. Those are rare nowadays."

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 04:29 PM
As Malan walks through the mist, a soldier charges him, only to drop dead to the ground. The other soldier in the mist dies as well.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-27, 04:54 PM
Determining maneuver:
(1) 2 Vanguard's Strike - allies get +4 to hit (R)
(1) 1 Divine Surge - +8d8 damage (R)
(2) 4 White Raven Tactics - ally gets another turn (R)

[roll0]

Rolling spiritual weapon attacks on the king:

Attack 1:
[roll1]
damage: [roll2]
Crit confirmation (ignore if attack roll is 17 or less):
[roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]

Attack 2:
[roll5]
damage: [roll6]
Crit Confirm (same conditions as 1st): [roll7]
crit damage: [roll8]

Now, my actions:

Move to engage the guard the bard was fighting, draw my falchion on the move. (Avoiding the nasty-looking mist)

Initiate a Revitalizing Strike on the guard:
[roll9]
damage: [roll10]
Crit confirm (ignore if roll is 17 or lower):
[roll11]
crit damage: [roll]2d4+4[roll]

If the attack hits, the bard gets 2 hp from my martial spirit stance
And [roll12] from the revitalizing strike.

OK, so Crusader Stuff:

Granted Maneuvers: revitalizing strike, mountain hammer, vanguard strike, and White Raven Tactics
Steely Resolve: 0/10 Furious Counterstrike: +0
Zealous Surge 1/1

Buffs and Spells active:

Spiritual Weapon: 5 rounds remaining
Haste (Emil+Zak): 4 rounds remaining
Divine Companion: 4 rounds remaining

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 05:00 PM
The first attack breaches the shield, and hurts the king, but, you realize, not as much as it should have. The second glances off the shield. As you strike the elite guard, and slice through his armor, Zak is healed. (For 18 hp)

Chilingsworth
2013-03-27, 05:01 PM
Well, Bard- there's your answer, seems like the old bastard does in fact, bleed!

Blade Conduit
2013-03-27, 05:06 PM
"Glad to see I lived... barely.. to see the day" He looks up to the man standing over him who just spoke. "Lets see what else we can do"
CMW [roll0]

Then the bard stands up, looks back towards the soldier who fell him and smiles wide. "Songs not over yet!"

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 05:07 PM
The king smirks. He points at Emiliano, and casts another spell. A ray of green energy hits him.

Fort save, dc 26, or take 32d6 damage, and most likely be instakilled.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-27, 05:12 PM
Spellcraft (to identify spell):
[roll0]

Fort Save:
[roll1]

(if the fort save is less than 26... *wings of cover!*)

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 05:13 PM
You determine that it was, in fact, a Disintegrate spell.

The_listener
2013-03-27, 05:24 PM
Amist the chaos, Kal darts around, hurling a dagger from the shadows at the closest Guard.
Then he slips into a state of awaiting, striking out the moment someone enters the dark with his tendrils...

Tendril attacks when anyone enters the darkness.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

TheDireWolf
2013-03-27, 05:31 PM
You kill several civilians, ripping them to shreds. The dagger also killed the last normal soldier. Now there is really only 8 people left- the elite troops killed all of the civilians, and there's only two enemies left- the king, and the last elite troop.

The_listener
2013-03-27, 07:55 PM
Kal chuckles amist the carnage, using his blindsight he picks the final guard out nearby. Picking up a nearby corpse in the curls of his snarling tendrils, Kal urged his Darkling's to mass upon the body, ready to pounce.

Then, with a hateful howl the body was thrown towards the Guard, it's Dark cargo waiting aboard. Even as he did, a shadowy Armour began to form over him, strengthening his body...

Have two darklings wait on the body then throw it at the closest Elite [roll0] (Ranged attack)
The Darklings attack on contact.
Spend standard action for dark Armour.

Chilingsworth
2013-03-31, 10:56 PM
(Since no one else is posting)

For maneuvers, I gain my last remaining maneuver: Divine Surge

Ok, first The spiritual weapon attacks on the king:

1st attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Crit Confirm (ignore if attack roll is 17 or less):
[roll2]
additional damage: [roll3]

2nd attack: [roll4]
damage: [roll5]

Crit Confirm (ignore if attack roll is 17 or less)
[roll6]
additional damage: [roll7]

Now, My turn :smallamused: :

Divine Surge the elite guard:
[roll8]
damage: [roll9] + [roll10]
Crit Confirm (Ignore if attack roll is 17 or less):
[roll11]
additional damage: [roll12] + [roll13]

I will also initiate White Raven Tactics (next enemy of the king and/or guards to act takes two full round actions.)

And take the 9 points of damage in my steely reserve.

Buffs and Spells Active:
Spiritual Weapon: 4 rounds remaining
Haste (Emil+Zak): 3 rounds remaining
Divine Companion: 3 rounds remaining

Oh, and if I hit, I'll heal myself 2 points.

mangosta71
2013-04-01, 09:06 AM
Kelgore's Grave Mist deals [roll0] col damage and fatigues any living creatures in its area. Round 3 of 8.
Malan raises his hand toward the pile of bodies in the mist. The glow streaks away, lighting upon each corpse briefly. Broken bodies begin to pull themselves back together and rise.
Using spectral hand to cast Animate Dead at range. 16 HD gives me 8 skeletons (1 HD each) and 4 zombies (2 HD each). Each undead I create has a +4 bonus to both STR and DEX, and gains 2 hp per HD.
As the nimbus returns toward him, Malan points toward the king. "Feast, my children." A palpable chill touches the air as the glow streaks away again.
Using my spectral hand to cast Shivering Touch at range.
Ranged touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] DEX damage