PDA

View Full Version : Chiltouch and Fullattack-Channeling

Kaulz
2013-03-27, 05:45 AM
This text from PHB II says

At 13th level, you can cast any touch spell you know as part of a full attack action, and the spell affects each target you hit in meele combat that round. Doing so discharges the spell at the end of the round, in the case of a touch spell that would otherwise last longer than one round.

wouldnd make that any chilltouch cheese imposible for fullattack channeling?
what is about standartchanneling... dose it work whith chill touch?

TuggyNE
2013-03-27, 07:24 AM
What chill touch cheese in particular are you referring to?

And, as far as I know, chill touch works as intended with both standard and full-attack channeling.

Gotterdammerung
2013-03-27, 07:52 AM
Yeh looks like you could use chill touch with full attack channeling but it would end the spell at the end of the round.

Looks fine to use it with normal channeling tho.

Seems kinda weird tho chill touch isn't even that strong of a touch spell.

Kaulz
2013-03-27, 08:09 AM
Yeh looks like you could use chill touch with full attack channeling but it would end the spell at the end of the round.

Looks fine to use it with normal channeling tho.

Seems kinda weird tho chill touch isn't even that strong of a touch spell.

I do loking on the quiet similar spell from Sandstorm called "parching touch".
dose 1 Con-dmg when fort-save is failed. i wanted to combine this whith poisonspell feat from DotU to max my Con-Dmg output whith an 13Duskblade1stSandshaper Charakter.

Gotterdammerung
2013-03-27, 08:19 AM
I do loking on the quiet similar spell from Sandstorm called "parching touch".
dose 1 Con-dmg when fort-save is failed. i wanted to combine this whith poisonspell feat from DotU to max my Con-Dmg output whith an 13Duskblade1stSandshaper Charakter.

Well it will still work but only for the one round. It is a low level spell so it isn't like you are losing a whole lot by losing a few touch attacks off of it.

Why not apply it separately.

Example

A duskblade with the Fiendish bloodline feat will gain Bestow curse as a 4th lvl touch spell.

Use full attack channeling to make a full attack with every hit applying bestow curse. And use your free quicken spell to use the poison spell parching touch.

This way you get the full uses of your parching touch with the poison spell effect added on. And you have a chance of their saves being nerfed by a bestow curse as well from full attack channeling.

Gwendol
2013-03-27, 10:55 AM
But only one spell is channeled through the weapon, right?

Kaulz
2013-03-27, 10:57 AM
Example

A duskblade with the Fiendish bloodline feat will gain Bestow curse as a 4th lvl touch spell.

Use full attack channeling to make a full attack with every hit applying bestow curse. And use your free quicken spell to use the poison spell parching touch.

This way you get the full uses of your parching touch with the poison spell effect added on. And you have a chance of their saves being nerfed by a bestow curse as well from full attack channeling.

Chaneling 2 spells in one round ? i dont know if this is possible...:smallfrown:

the classabilitydescription says i can cast as part of Standart/full attack to channel...but not whith an quick.

Anyway I could go TWF and Fullatack Mainhand / Parchingtouch offhand but that sounds somhow unefectiv