PDA

View Full Version : Convenient Kobold

Olinser
2013-03-27, 10:28 AM
So, regardless of anything else that may or may not happen.... is anybody else pondering the implications of Belkar coming across an already-paralyzed Kobold?

NerdyKris
2013-03-27, 11:34 AM
Given that KilKil is with Tarquin, Nale, and Zz'Dtri, and Malack and Durkon are going to rendevous with them, I doubt much is going to happen to him by just Belkar.

Olinser
2013-03-27, 11:51 AM
Given that KilKil is with Tarquin, Nale, and Zz'Dtri, and Malack and Durkon are going to rendevous with them, I doubt much is going to happen to him by just Belkar.

I'm going to go with the theory that the party takes a TPK at Xykon's hands... who doesn't notice the kobold and wanders off.

Enter Belkar.

The only question now is.... what does he turn Kilkil's head into?

Possibilities:

Soccer Ball
Volley Ball
Mr Scruffy Scratching Post
Mr Scruffy Catnip Holder
Emergency Chamber Pot
Party Mask

Longest Skies
2013-03-27, 12:05 PM
Kilkil can fly though. Even with a ring of jumping that Belkar may or may not have, he with his oddly accurate calculations I see him ensuring he was just out of the halfings limited range. After all Kilkil has survived in the Empire of Blood efficiently.

JackRose
2013-03-27, 12:09 PM
I actually think that KilKil will wind up wearing the Halfling's head.

Kornaki
2013-03-27, 12:28 PM
His name's Kilkil for crying out loud. Belkar's at one constitution and has taken damage to boot, I'm pretty sure he's gonna drop a pocket calculator on Belkar's head and take him out that way

TRH
2013-03-27, 12:37 PM
He'll cave Belkar's skull in with a sextant, for maximum irony.

Olinser
2013-03-27, 12:44 PM
Kilkil can fly though. Even with a ring of jumping that Belkar may or may not have, he with his oddly accurate calculations I see him ensuring he was just out of the halfings limited range. After all Kilkil has survived in the Empire of Blood efficiently.

Kilkil is currently paralyzed, and this thread is about Belkar coming across him in said state.

Shivore
2013-03-27, 12:48 PM
Again, his name is Kilkil, he is going to kill... just like Yukyuk made everyone go yuk! If Belkar fights him, Belkar will die. I don't care if Yukyuk is paralyzed at the time... somehow Belkar will die in that fight.

gorocz
2013-03-27, 12:54 PM
The paralysis lasts 1d10 minutes... I'm pretty sure they won't meet in time. LG is most likely to wait until it wears off (unless it already did during the Malack/Durkon part).

Rakoa
2013-03-27, 04:40 PM
I suspect Belkar will not be finding this Kobold in time for the paralyzation to wear off. Since he has been prophesized to die, I suspect that for maximum hilarity it will be at the hands of a Kobold.

Raineh Daze
2013-03-27, 06:00 PM
Also, the kobold isn't even in the area any more. :smallannoyed:

Shred-Bot
2013-03-28, 10:18 AM
The paralysis lasts 1d10 minutes... I'm pretty sure they won't meet in time. LG is most likely to wait until it wears off (unless it already did during the Malack/Durkon part).

I wouldn't go by the length of time in the spell description for Holy Word... the deafness is only listed as lasting 1d4 rounds, yet it lasted for the rest of the ambush (which to be fair did look to be only 3 rounds) as well as some undetermined length of time outside... it would be pretty silly for Tarquin to use the ointment to cure the deafness after it had already worn off.

And the Giant (by his own admission) has been going pretty loose with the rules for a while now in order to focus on the story.

rewinn
2013-03-28, 10:23 AM
First Belkar has to spot him. Bureaucrats are really good at fading into the woodwork as needed, and a tiny winged paper-shuffler should be able to overcome Belkar's poor tracking ability ... Kilkil doesn't even leave tracks!

Starwaster
2013-03-28, 10:31 AM
He'll cave Belkar's skull in with a sextant, for maximum irony.

Yeah but where's he going to find a sex taint in the middle of the desert?

Shred-Bot
2013-03-28, 10:35 AM
Again, his name is Kilkil, he is going to kill... just like Yukyuk made everyone go yuk! If Belkar fights him, Belkar will die. I don't care if Yukyuk is paralyzed at the time... somehow Belkar will die in that fight.

In his blood drained, level drained and just generally crappy state, it's possible that someone just dropping a paralyzed kobold on Belkar might take him down.

Not that I necessarily think a main character should go down in such a jokey fashion, but if any of them would, it would have to be the Belkster, no? By his own admission, "some of us tell jokes for a living!" Live by the joke, die by the joke. And it would be a fitting culmination to the Belkar vs. kobolds series.

Longest Skies
2013-03-28, 10:43 AM
Kilkil is currently paralyzed, and this thread is about Belkar coming across him in said state.

Well since Kilkil was taken back to Bleedingham and right now Belkar can barely move...

Sorry I assumed it was when they both meet again at relatively full strength.

Olinser
2013-03-28, 10:49 AM
Well since Kilkil was taken back to Bleedingham and right now Belkar can barely move...

And where exactly was he taken to Bleedingham?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0863.html

Their last appearance was preparing to go back inside the pyramid to the room with the corpses to find Malack.

Starwaster
2013-03-28, 10:51 AM

He was not taken back to Bleedingham. He was taken back to the pyramid. Tarquin is hoping that Malack will realize they have withdrawn and fall back to the top of the pyramid.

Kish
2013-03-28, 01:18 PM
I doubt Kilkil is still paralyzed at this point, in any event.

theinsulabot
2013-03-28, 02:02 PM
since its difficult to see any situation that involves belkar coming across kilkil during the 10 max minutes kilkil is paralyzed that doesn't also involve tarquin and the rest of team evil, including possibly malack and durkula, I assume the answer is belkar gets his 1 CON ass handed to him on a dirty paper plate.

Cavenskull
2013-03-30, 04:05 AM
So, regardless of anything else that may or may not happen.... is anybody else pondering the implications of Belkar coming across an already-paralyzed Kobold?

I'm definitely not now. :smalltongue:

AngryHobbit
2013-03-30, 05:36 AM

We dont know much about Kilkil abilities, beside that he can fly. And he looks more intelligent than the other 3 Kobolds Belkar killed (excluding Oracle offcourse). So its a posibility.