PDA

View Full Version : Sorcery! - IC

Leriel
2013-03-27, 12:37 PM
It's a cold night - even if it's spring, Sorin can feel the cold. It's something strange...

Well, not stranger that this dream. Was it really a dream? Sorin cannot be sure. Nevertheless, he's here - without his armor and with just a piece of wood for weapon, his spells still to be studied, in the mid of the night - here, not far from Cantopani. The small town that he reached, after seeing it in his dreams - everything were as in his dream, even the room of the inn where he was sleeping.

Here, at the entrance of a strange cave, who descent in the darkness - a darkness that's not a problem for his sight.

Here... nowhere to go but descent. And still, something seems to be strange - no, the best word is "missing".

It's the silence. Nothing is moving. No insect, no wind, nothing - Sorin is barely able to hear his heart beating.

Well... he's going down, now.

And suddenly something looks wrong. The path becomes a "Y"... in his dream, there was just a long corridor...

What does he want to do?

Nyan
2013-03-27, 07:59 PM
Sorin would stop in the darkness of the cold damp cave, looking down both paths leading further in to the darkness. He was a tall man with an elegant figure, a young man in the prime of his youth. Only wearing some regular clothes and a long back coat to protect himself from the cold, tho the cold had never bothered him all to much. He also brought with him a walking stick, but left his valuable arms and armor back at the inn. He pulled his shoulder-long blond hair back with his hand slightly as his blue eyes gazed in to the darkness. The darkness had never frightened him, not even during his childhood. For some reason he did not even know himself he felt "at home" while he was surrounded by shadow.

As he stood there and thought of the dream he dreamt a few nights ago, trying to recall which path he walked down upon, only to realize that there was no path like this in his dream. He sighed a bit troubled but somehow his gut feeling would draw him to the left and as he felt he had nothing else to go on he descended deeper in to the darkness, following the path leading down to the left.

Leriel
2013-03-28, 03:03 AM
And so Sorin goes on, shrouded by the darkness... he goes on, until the corridor opens to a small, circular room, barely lighted (but no lantern or torch can be seen).

There is someone in the room - or something. It's on the ground, covered by a mantle, that moves with suddenly burst.

Sorin hears some slow pants coming from the being.

Nyan
2013-03-28, 01:16 PM
Sorin would stop for a moment looking at the thing lying on the ground before casually walking over to it as he would move the mantle with the stick to see what was underneath. Being prepared to strike if something would jump at him.

Leriel
2013-04-02, 04:06 AM
The thing suddenly jumps up. It’s an humanoid – wearing an hooded mantle (well, it looks more like some rags than a mantle) and it’s face is covered by a mask.
"...dekrow ti oS .ereh yllautca m’I taht gnisirprus erom s’ti ,llew ...ereh er’uoy oS" it says, speaking more to itself than to Sorin.

It turns to Sorin and it points a skinny finger to him.
"...elcric eht kaerb uoy dna ..yaw rehtona dnif yllanif uoy taht epoh I ...ti deen ton lliw uoy epoh I !nraeL"

Sorin is suddenly shocked by a bolt of energy (1 hp damage), then the creature drops on the ground again.

Nyan
2013-04-04, 05:18 PM
As the person would jump up Sorin would already have raised his stick with a thoughtful expression as he heard the persons words. "And who might you be?" He said in a calm tone as the person pointed his finger at him. Being then suddenly struck by some kind of magic Sorin growled and gave him a deathly glare "Pathetic!" He shouted striking him on the side of the head. As the person fell to the ground again by sorins feet he set his cloak on fire with a flick of his finger. "Tsk...fool.." He said to himself as he walked of leaving the person on the ground as he went further in to the darkness.

((If i cant use the ignite spell you can ignore the part where he sets his clothes on fire.))

Leriel
2013-04-05, 04:00 AM
Sorin hears the screams of pain of the creature under the burning mantle... that slowly start to begin immaterial, until it disappears.

The corridor ended in this strange room... Sorin can just return to the place where he took the left way.

Nyan
2013-04-05, 08:49 AM
Seeing as the corridor had ended sorin sighed a bit annoyed from his previous encounter as he turned around and walked back to where the corridor split in two paths. Walking down the right path this time, slightly faster than normal as he liked to find out what all of this was all about but his patience was running thin.

Leriel
2013-04-05, 09:19 AM
This time, Sorin feels more confident. The walls remind him his dream, and everything looks more in sync.

Sorin strides through the corridor, until he reaches a small, square room... with a strange and disturbing statue in the middle of it.

The statue is quite old - it's the statue of a little monster, standing with his arms outstretched and holding tight in its hands a black sword ... a real sword!
The head of the monster is facing upward, and its mouth bristling with sharp teeth is open wide.

Nyan
2013-04-05, 10:07 AM
Sorin looked around as he walked down the damp corridor now recalling this place from his dreams he went deeper and deeper until he reached the room in the end. Spotting the strange statue he would stop and look at it for a moment when he saw the blade it was holding in its outstretched hands. "A black sword? Hmm...this will be interesting.." He said to himself as he walked up to the statue dropping his stick to the ground and getting a closer look at the sword.

He looked at the statue sharply as if he was expecting it to come to life as he grasped the hilt of the sword and pulled it away. Taking a step back from the statue he looked at the blade that he was now holding in his hand, his eyes moving up and down the weapons length. "Interesting indeed..."

Leriel
2013-04-05, 10:49 AM
(OOC - you'd like to do it... :smalltongue:)

Sorin tries to pull out the blade - but the grasp of the statue is firm. He cannot manage to take the sword...

(But you can make a perception check :smallcool:)

Nyan
2013-04-05, 11:01 AM
As he would grasp the blade and try to pull it away from the statue he felt the blade was stuck in the statues grip. He took a step back and held his chin with a thoughtful expression as he gazed up and down the statue for anything that would seem out of Place. "Hmm...the blade is held tightly...I wonder if there is some kind of trick to this..."

He then started to walk around the room looking on the walls and sceling of the room around the statue to see if he would perhaps spot anything and in the meantime he tried to figure out if there was something in the room connected with magic, to perhaps preform a ritual of some sort to release the blade from the statue.

Preception check
1d20+4

Arcana check
1d20+7

As he would walk around the room a bit more her took a closer look on the statue finding some arcane writings engraved in to the stone. "Hmm...The only word I can make out of this is blood....the rest is to worn out to make out..." As he thought this a little grin formed on his face as he came up with something. He stood up straight and looked on the head of the statue for a moment before he cut his finger on the blade and held it over the statues open mouth, letting a few dropps of his blood dripp down in to its mouth.

Leriel
2013-04-11, 01:59 AM
The statue is slighly changing... after the blood drops reach the mouth, the signs of time seems to vanish from the statue. Now Sorin can read the writing - "Let me taste your blood".

The statue moves his face - it looks at Sorin and it closes its mouth in a somewhat taunting grin.

Then it bows a little and it speaks with a low voice:
"The blood belongs to the Master line... this is the gift from him..."

Then it releases the grip from the sword and it tenders the hilt to Sorin.

Nyan
2013-04-11, 04:58 PM
Sorin would take a step back from the statue as it started to change, glaring at it with a cold stare as it moved its head and grinned. "Tsk...And what are you supposed to be then demon?..." He said not the slightest surprised from the statue moving as he had sort of expected it to happen.

He then smiled pleased as the demon would hold out the sword towards him and bow slightly, tho he did not care to much for what the demon said at the moment. He reached out his hand and grasped the hilt before pulling it away and holding it out in front of him, his eyes traveling up and down the swords black blade. "Now who is this master you are referring to? What did you mean by the blood belonged to his line? I suggest you anwser me quickly..." He said in a commanding tone as he had stopped looking on the sword in his hand hand fixed his gaze on the demon again.

Leriel
2013-04-12, 04:14 AM
"Stop whining like a girl!"

Sorin hears this words directly in his head - and he see the statue slowly vanishing: the body is crumbling to dust, while the head seems floating - until it disappears, leaving only the memory of its wicked grin.

"So you're the one... very well. I expected no more from my blood...
Listen, hear and heed: I am the will of Baron Sengir, bonded to this sword. I was destroyed 1,000 years ago... but my will is strong, and I forecast the my blood would have generated an heir. This is you."

"The time is finally come - for you. To gain strength. To gain power. To crush this pathetic fools that fear the dark..."

"According to the prophecy, a powerful magic item should already be awake. Find it. Gather information."

"I'll guide you to my shrines - you'll need more firepower to succed in your quest. And now..."

A circle appears in the ground. Shadows seem to gather - and a creature born from nightmares appears: an humanoid, with a naked female body covered by snake scales.
She moves swaying, staring at you with thin yellow eyes...

Then she attacks!

Initiative, please :smallsmile:

Leriel
2013-04-12, 08:39 AM
Sorin is fast... really fast. But the creature attacks with preternatural speed, landing a blow to the chest of Sorin with her elbow (7 non lethal damages).

Nyan
2013-04-12, 10:07 AM
As Sorin would suddenly hear the voice in his head he would quickly look around growling slightly but then stoping and looked on the blade he held as the voice continued to speak listening to its Words carefully. "What? This sword?...Interesting...." He said silently as he chuckled. "So I am your heir huh?...Why should I belive you?.." He spoke in his mind this time knowing he would be Heard as he continued to look on the sword.

"Strength? Power? Indeed that sounds tempting...But I dont see why I should do as you say...But this magical item you speak of sounds interesting...I guess I could give it a look."

He had time to say nothing more as the circle suddenly appreared bellow him and he spotted the creature appeared. Facing the creature he stared back in to its yellow eyes without fliching the least. "Oh..Looking for trouble are we? Come on then!" But then as the creature charged towards him he did not have time to Dodge and felt her strike his chest with her elbow, growling slightly from the pain and sliding back from the force he regreted the choice of leaving his armor at the inn. "Kh! You will pay for that!" He shouted as he gripped the blade with two hands, casting a shocking graps spell on it and spun around dealing a powerfull strike, aiming to slash across the creatures chest and sending a shock through its body if the sword would hit.

Actions.
Standard action: Melee Attack, using Power attack, gripping blade with two hands, shocking grasp.
Move action: None.
Swift action: None.

Attack roll: 1d20+3
Damage roll: Weapon: 1d10+5
Shocking grasp damage: [roll0]

Current stats.
HP: 16/24
AC: 12
Arcana pool: 4/4
Swords Arcana pool: 1/1

Spells used: Shocking grasp.

Fort: +3
Ref: +3
Will: +2

Leriel
2013-04-12, 10:37 AM
Sorin misses the creature badly... it seems that she were able to sense his move. She hits Sorin again at his chest with a knee and then at his neck with her hand... for other 12 damages...

And she's preparing to attack again... Sorin can see that her fist is charging with a layer of ice...

"Do you like my servant, Sorin? She's pretty, isn't she? But maybe you are too busy to keep yourself alive..."

Nyan
2013-04-12, 11:53 AM
He growls as he misses the attack only gasp losing most of the air in his lungs when he is hit with a knee in the stomach, groaning as he is the struck with Another punch in his neck.

Quickly jumping back he growls giving the creature a deathly glare as he pants slightly, catching his breath when he then hears the swords Words again in his head. "Don't test my patience! Just tell me how I can end her and lets be done with it!!" He glared at the monster with an angry glare as he saw her coat her fists with ice.

Leriel
2013-04-12, 01:44 PM
"LEARN TO BEHAVE, FOOL!"
The voice booms in your head.
"She's my servant and I'll not help you to destroy her. She could be also your servant... let her drink some of your blood, so she'll recognize you as one of my offspring.
You shout, you want me to help against your foe... fool. Learn and get some real power... When you are able to overcome Lady Nocturna, you will be ready to get some new real power. Now taste some pain... it's the lesson for you!"

Nyan
2013-04-12, 02:07 PM
*He would crinch slightly as the voice would shout in his mind as he put his hand on his head still keeping his Eyes on the creature infront of him. Taking out a potion from his pouch and drinking it quickly. "Kh! Fine...I will listen to you for now....As much as I would like to kill her, if only to anger you I realise that is pointless....But dont Think for one second you can controll me....I could throw you down to the dephts of the ocean if i so choose to...I dont take well to insults..." He then grasped his free hand around the blade and cut himself quite badly so the blood would start to flow down. He then stabbed the blade in to the ground beside him and held out his bleeding hand towards her. "Lady Nocturna! Servant of darkness, heed my Words! I as the distant offspring to Baron Segnir, demand your aligance! Swear loyality to me and you will be able to serve his bloodline once again!" He called out to her in a commanding tone keeping his posture straight and his expression Cold and unbotherd tho in truth he was quite beat up from her pervious strikes, but it was allot better now as he had used that potion.

HP: 10/24
AC: 12
Swords Arcana pool: 1/1

Spells used: Shocking grasp.

Fort: +3
Ref: +3
Will: +2

Leriel
2013-04-16, 03:00 AM
The creature seems impressed by the words of Sorin. Her fist is no more covered by ice, and she gets closer slowly, swaying in an alluring way.

She lifts Sorin's wounded hand and starts licking it voluptuously - until she looks satisfied.

She nods and speaks with a warm voice:
"I agree your terms, Offspring of Baron Sengir. Tell me your name and the seal will be put on me. Let me cure your wounds..."

and she casts some inflict light wounds to Sorin, curing him (he's a Damphir :smallwink:)

"Listen to me:
On a charcoal night the owl calls.
On a charcoal night wolves sharpen their claws.
On a charcoal night children shake with fear.
The charcoal night is growing near.

On a charcoal night the demon dogs sing.
On a charcoal night the little stars gleam.
On a charcoal night the air goes cold.
The nightmares and stories are always told.

On a charcoal night wolves wet their fangs.
On a charcoal night the owls call rang.
On a charcoal night the beasts are out.
On a charcoal night this is their town.

On a charcoal night lock up the doors.
On a charcoal night don't sleep on the floors.
On a charcoal night say good bye to those dear.
Because the charcoal night is finally hear.

Say aloud this and you'll summon me, Master... I can serve you for an hour, each day or night." (OOC - it will take a full minute, or 10 rounds, to recite this properly.)

She looks at herself:
"It was a long time since the last summoning... Could you provide me some clothes? The last ones crumbled to dust.

Or maybe you want me right know..." she says in a seductive way.

Nyan
2013-04-16, 04:38 AM
Sorin waited patiently as he looked at the creature walking up to him. Grinning slightly as she grabed his hand and started cleaning it from the blood running out from the wound. "The name is Sorin Marcov. And thank you, my dear servant. It would be most apreciated." He said softly as he felt the wounds he had dissapear with her magic.

He then listened to her carefully as she recited some chant and tried to memorize it. A slight gleam in his eye showed as he then looked up and down her body hearing her offer. "Oh...That is an most interesting offer indeed..." He could not help but chuckle as he heard it, responding her seductive look with a seductive smile of his own.

He then took off his long brown coat that he wore over his regular clothing and put it over her shoulders before then pulling up the sword from the ground and started walking up from where he came from. "Come...I will have things to do in the morning, but the night is still young...Follow me to my room in the inn....I will need to repay you for those strikes earlier..We might as well have fun while I show you some...dicipline~." He said seductivly as he looked back at her over his shoulder with a slightly wicked grin.

Leriel
2013-04-16, 06:55 AM
Sorin spends an astonishing night - well, the first hour was astonishing... then lady Nocturna disappeared, whispering something about getting her clothes.

The rest of the night goes well - no nightmares nor strange dreams. Even the sword is silent.

Sorin wakes up - he washes his face and notices a strange thing in his reflex in the water - a romboidal sign on his forehead. Where does it come from?

Nyan
2013-04-16, 11:15 AM
After spending an hour with Lady Nocturna in the comfort of his bed where he was staying, Sorin sighed with content once she had left as he layed still in the bed. He turned his head and looked at the sword for a moment which he had placed beside the bed leaning against the wall, thinking about this event full night before he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Waking up the next morning completley recoverd he stood up and looked around in his room as his clothes was lying scatterd on the floor and some had claw marks from last night. He grinned slightly thinking back on what happend as he started packing and gearing up for the road. He put on his armor and strapped a sheath for one of his old swords on his belt and put his new blade inside it.

Walking over to the bowl of water he splashed some water in his face before he soon enoug noticed the strange symbol on his forehead. "What in the world is this? When did i get this on my forehead? Did you put this on me....baron..." He said in his mind so his sword would hear him as he rubbed his forehead to feel on the symbol as he gave a sharp look towards his sword demanding an anwser.

Leriel
2013-04-16, 11:31 AM
"So much panic for just a magic tattoo?"

The voice of the sword seems to laugh at Sorin.

"That's nothing from me or from your new concubine... you already had this mark. Aren't you aware of it? It just a magic sealed in a tattoo. Make some research to discover what spell was bound on it. Do I have to go on giving you suggestion? Are you a so cute puppet? [laugher]"

Nyan
2013-04-16, 11:51 AM
"Tsk!...If you are trying to make fun of me you will have to try alot better than that...And I never asked for your help, I just asked if you were the one that put this one me...I know you are so eager to help me but keep your mouth shut unless I do actually tell you to help me....But to anwser your question, no I was not aware that I had this mark.." He spoke in his mind as he would take a closer look on the mark to see if he would perhaps feel what magic was weaved in to it.

Knowlage (Arcana) check to identify magic in the mark.
[roll0]

"But there is one thing I would like to know....I knew long ago that I was not a human...But what exactly am I? Or even more important...Who were you when you still lived in the flesh on this plane?..."

Leriel
2013-04-18, 08:37 AM
OOC - Sorin cannot manage to identify the spell.

The voice seems to find the proper words for explaining:
"It was more that 1,500 years ago. I was born as Ivan Sengir - and even if I created an empire, I preferred to be called Baron Sengir. They called me as "Beast" or "Defiler"... bah. I wanted to keep my grasp on what I created, so I made a pact with Death and I became a vampire.
And my enemies sold theirselves to the church - they said that a creature of the night should be destroyed... but they wanted the land. They wanted the rich cities that I created.
So I was not surprised when I had to face a party of priests and paladins.
I knew that, even I was able to crush them, I would not able to enjoy my reign.
So I decided to give my blood to an heir - and wait. I studied the sign of the stars... in 1,000 years, my blood would be strong enough to generate a proper heir. You. And a magic artifact would be found - and this time no one could stop you...."

Nyan
2013-04-18, 10:18 AM
Sorin would be walking around the room as he listened to the story and as he was finished he thought on what he had heard as he looked on his hand. "I see....But what does that make me then?...Am I a half vampire? I am well aware that my mother was a human...I do not know anything about my father tho. That would explain how I am so different from most people...Ofcourse they dont notice anything at all unless I bring it to their attention. I never had problems to see in the dark, I have never really enjoyed the sun all to much as I usualy stayed in the shadows..I see now....All the peices are starting to fit together..." He thought as he clutched his fist with a grin.

With all of his things ready he left his room and walked out to the inn's main hall and stood by the counter and asked the innkeep if he could get some breakfast. After that he went and sat by one of the tables in the far end of the room, so he could see what was going on around the other tables and to see any people comming in through the door.

Leriel
2013-04-22, 03:21 AM
The innkeeper nods to Sorin and tells to the barmaid (a young brunette girl, no more than 14 years old) to serve the breakfast - a coffee with something to eat. She smiles to Sorin - a somewhat forced smile - and says him to enjoy it. She's starting to speak more to Sorin, but she's interrupted by the coming of a women from upstair - the newcomer has messy hair, she's not properly dresses and her dresses are ripped.

She sits, sobbing, and the barmaid goes to her, speaking her with low voice, trying to comfort her.

A couple of men at a table near a wall speak themselves slowly, somewhat sorry for the women.

A gnome in a corner, drinking a strange concoction, looks at the customers with darting eyes - until he sees Sorin, and he starts to smile.

Finally, a man is nailing a piece of parchment on the door.

Nyan
2013-04-22, 06:00 AM
"Thank you my dear." Sorin said to the barmaid as she brought him his breakfast responding to her smile with a soulpeircing gaze and a slight grin. He would then look towards the woman that came down the stairs when the barmaid walked over to her, sighing slightly he simply took a sip of his coffe and mostly ignored her sobbing.

His gaze would soon meet the gnomes eyes from behind his coffe cup as he stopped and put the cup down to look at the gnome for a moment, but then he continued eating as if nothing happend untill he was finished. Once he had taken the last bite and enjoyed the last sip of his coffe he stood up and walked over to the parchment which had been nailed up on the door earlier and read it to see what it was.

After he had read the note he then walked over to the gnome's table and looked down on him before sitting down on the opposite side facing the gnome, looking at him as if he waitied for him to speak.

Leriel
2013-04-22, 09:18 AM
Bounty Hunters required

Some orcs were spotted in the forest between Cantopani and Birritanti. Bounty of 50 gold pieces for each of them (bring the head as proof).
200 pieces for the head or their chief.

More information at sheriff's outpost.

The gnome smiles and rubs his hands while looking at Sorin.
"Well well well, come and take a seat nice stranger... you will need to speak with Dinkum, yes yes yes, you will need...
Your accent is from Analand but your face is not, nice stranger... surely you need Dinkum, yes yes yes, sit and speak... Need maps? Need information? Dinkum here..."

Nyan
2013-04-22, 12:43 PM
He gave the gnome a strange look thinking if he was stupid or outright insane. Leaning back in his chair and crossing his legs he looked at the gnome with a sharp gaze. "I read on that parchment overthere that there that some orcs have been spotted in the forest between Cantopani and Birritanti...I would like a map of the area and I would also like to know anything about the orc tribes that live around these parts..."

Leriel
2013-04-29, 04:02 AM
Dinkum smiles - a not so pleasant view, since some teeth are missing and most are black, then he nods and takes a parchment from a small pouch. He puts it open on the table - surely it's a map of the region - but he takes it away after Sorin could have just a glimpse of it.
"Dinkum likes gold, nice stranger, but Dinkum likes stories most, yes, stories! What's your story, nice stranger? Dinkum can give you this map, yes, nice map, yes, clean map, and Dinkum can speak of orcs... but stranger first, yes, nice stranger first..."

Nyan
2013-04-29, 10:03 AM
Sorin would observe the map he put on the table and as the gnome was about to pull the map away Sorin would put his hand on the map and lean slightly closer to the gnome. "Alright then....I will give you a story...But not right now. Those orcs wont hunt themselves so I do not want to any more time than needed. Give me the map and tell me whatever you know so I can be on my way, and I will tell you a very good story once I come back for the bounty." He said with a grin as he knew he would probably trick this fool with ease, he did not really plan to come back and tell him a story anyway but he did seem quite usefull.

Bluff check.
[roll0]

Leriel
2013-04-29, 11:09 AM
Dinkum seems a little worried... but Sorin manages to persuade him.
"Well, well, Dinkum gives you the map... and some advice..."

Here's the map!
http://i.imgur.com/tn9B7pu.jpg

Dinkum takes some strange smelly herbs from a pouch and starts chewing them. Then he speaks, counting on his hand:

"Dinkum has many advices, Dinkum is wise...
First advise: Orcs are not living in Shamutanti Hills. So they are coming from the west, and Dinkum not at ease, no - orcs think that they are really strong if they arrive so near to Analand, yes..."
Dinkum shows his thumb to Sorin.

"Second advise: Dinkum says beware! Shamutanti forests are full of underground passages - they say that a powerful king of the night once ruled here, before they build the gate, maaaaany years ago... Dinkum grand-grand-grand father was not born yet!!! Powerful king with powerful servants that lived underground... Graverobbers sometime gets rich, sometime gets dead, dead!!!"
Dinkum raises his index. Sorin notices that the herbs are really smelly - he's getting an headache!

"Third advise: Rule Of Three! All things are in three... Good, Bad and not so bad... Me, you, many... The fool, the ugly, the..."

Sorin cannot hear the end of the statement - he's getting nauseated by the smell!

Fortitude saving throw!

Leriel
2013-04-29, 11:51 AM
Sorin is not sure about what happened - a moment before he was speaking with Dinkum, and a second later the gnome is no more here... just the map is on the table, smelling bad, really bad.
Thinking about it again... could it be some kind of drug?

A rapid check shows that nothing was stolen by the gnome.

In the meantime, a well dressed man went downstairs - he's laughing and speaking with a loud voice, taunting the sobbing lady. He could be rich, but he's really rude.

Nyan
2013-04-29, 05:12 PM
Sorin would look at the map carefully as he listened to what the gnome was saying even tho the gnomes mere presence was enough to make him slightly irritated. As the stench of the herbs got stronger Sorin would rub his eyes when he noticed that the gnome was gone. "Ugh....That was not a very plesant conversation...well...I got the map atleast...Hey, sword...This "king of the night" he spoke of, I would assume that it was you that he was refeering to. Those underground tunels might lead to one of the shrines you spoke of earlier."

He rolled up the map and put it in a pouch he had on his belt when he then would hear the sound of a loud laughter from the man comming down the stairs. The mans voice sounding very unplesant to Sorin as he would turn and look towards the man and listen to what all the ruccus was about. "Tsk!...Filth...I hate those kind of self satisfied clods who think they are invincible just because have alot of wealth....It's discusting to look at.." He thought as he would gaze at the man with a cold stare.

Leriel
2013-04-30, 07:57 AM
The swords replies:
"The map it's interesting... see the wastes? It was the battleground with an old foe... I assume that the magic energies devoured all life from it. Nevertheless, your deduction is correct."

In the meantime, Sorin sees that on of the two men that were speaking rises and speaks to the rich-dressed man:
"Stop it."
The man is going to reply... but his belt suddenly breaks and his trousers go down.
He gets angry - and he quickly raises his trousers and exits the inn.
The man who spoke sits down again, taking a long breath.

Nyan
2013-04-30, 08:22 AM
Sorin would notice in the corner of his eye that the man would stand up only to see the rich mans pants drop to the groud before he would storm out the door in anger. As the man would sit down again and silence layed itself in the room Sorin would slowly clap his hands as he leaned back in the chair. "Good show, good show...Tho would it not have been much more entertaining if you perhaps would have set his clothes on fire hmm?..." He said chuckeling slightly as he would give the man that stood up a grin.

Leriel
2013-04-30, 08:41 AM
The man looks uncomfortable. He says a few words to the man near him, then he raises again and asks Sorin to follow him in a table on the corner of the inn. He moves there - and Sorin is able to see that something long and curve is wrapped in rags, on the back of the man.

Nyan
2013-04-30, 09:29 AM
Reluctantly Sorin rises from his chair and follows the man to the table before sitting down facing him on the opposite side looking at him with a curious stare. Waiting for him to speak Sorin would cross his legs and lean back in the chair with a smirk on his face as he gazed at the man more closely. "So...What does a spell-sword such as yourself want with me?"

Leriel
2013-04-30, 09:45 AM
"I just want to keep a low profile. I don't want to discuss arcane matters among townpeople" the man says.
"Call me Bartek. I am travelling, I need to reach Kharè, and I don't want to trumpet my passage."
He sighs.
"I see that you are a magic user, too. Simple spells cannot be masked from normal people... but are easy to spot by learned one. Well, the bet did not worked, then. Thanks to you."
He looks somewhat annoyed.
"What could I do? To allow a fussy rich one to bully a woman? Even if she's just a prostitute? Nope. And what I need to do with you? Is it too much to ask you a little favor, not trumpeting my presence here? Humpf. What do you think, pal?"

Nyan
2013-04-30, 10:00 AM
Sorin would pull his hands through his blonde hair as he took a deep breath having heard what the man said before he crossed his arms and looked at him. "Alright then...Bartek the traveler." He would say with a smirk in an almost teasing manner. "I will let you keep your low profile then...But first perhaps you could share why you need to reach Kharè? I have a hunch it could be an interesting story."

Leriel
2013-04-30, 10:23 AM
Bartek crosses his arms and seems to think.
"Let's say this... You read the parchment about orcs, right? Just know that these orcs are not alone... many monster are gathering in this area, and I have to meet a sage in Kharè... that could know why monsters are starting collaborating like an army - the same monsters that usually are just fighting each others."
Bartek takes a breath.
"This is what I can say. And I hope that someone will take care of the orcs, since I have little time to get rid of that nuisance myself. Maybe someone like you?"

Nyan
2013-05-03, 10:09 AM
Sorin thought for a moment as he leaned back in the chair with a sigh. "I am not sure...If the road takes me there I might take care of the orks. But I have not decided what to do just yet..But what you say about the mosters forming an army has sparked my intrest..." Sorin said holding his chin as he ponderd on what he had just heard. "In any case...I must take my leave." With that he stood up and without sharing another word to the man he left the inn.

Leriel
2013-05-03, 11:05 AM
Bartek nods to Sorin - and looks him going outside the inn, somewhat relieved.

Sorin exits. The village of Cantopani is not big - an inn, a general store, some houses and the outpost of the sheriff. It relies on the protection of the nearby military outpost beyond the Cantopani gate - and on the protection of wooden walls.

Nevertheless, it's quite busy - it's the first village on the Shamutanti hills, and it's home for whoever feels more at ease on the wild lands than in a city. Sorin sposts a couple of half-elves discussing, an halfling speaking friendly with a merchant and some excitement near the outpost of the sheriff.

Leriel
2013-05-07, 02:27 AM
The day is sunny - somewhat too much for Sorin, that nervously caress the hilt of the blade with his hand.
"Hmpf. That Bartek... Keeping a low profile... Definetly not his best skill. Listen, my scion: I managed to find out from the map the whereabouts of one of the shrines - it's near the village of Torrepani. Are you at ease in the woods, young one? You should find a guide - it's pointless to waste time travelling without knowing these places. And last but not least... Lady Nocturna likes black, tight clothes. Buy some - since she also likes when you tears them from her... [laugher]"

Nyan
2013-05-07, 02:14 PM
As sorin would leave the tavern the strong rays of the sun would make him growl slightly as he put his arm over his face to sheild his eyes. "Ugh...I have become more and more sensetive to the light in these past few months...It never made sense to me, up untill now ofcourse." He put his hood on his head so it would atleast give his eyes some shadow to protect them from the sun as he then chuckled hearing the swords comment. "Hah...Indeed, but lets have him belive that he is still anonymous. Tho I think that there are many that are aware of his presense with that little display back at the inn. And to anwser your questions the woods do not frighten me, nor the creatures that dwelve within. But to spare myself some effort I can see if i can find a guide that could show me the way....."

He then carried on towards the merchant he had spotted earlier. Walking up to the man and pulling the hood over his eyes a bit more he stopped and waited as the man untill the man would stop speaking with the Halfling.

Leriel
2013-05-08, 02:23 AM
The halfling and the merchant keeps speaking and bargain for something - a necklace, it seems. Looking a little more at the halfling, Sorin discovers that she's a girl - but dressed as a trapper. Halflings are so small that some details are not so clear at a first sight...

Nevertheless, they finish their bargain and finally Sorin can approach the merchant. He managed to set up a little stand in the main street - far enough from the general store...
A mule is browsing on some grass, nearby.
The stand shows some exotic jewels, some drapery (probably silk) and some scarves.
The man - dressed with a long tunic and a turban - open his arms to greet Sorin:
"Welcome good master! Take a look - everything is amazing, you have my word - the word of Harlen from Kharè! Do you need a gitf for your fiancée? Surely you can find it here!"
He looks at Sorin with a warm smile, then he whispers:
"Or maybe you need more expensive trinkets..."

Nyan
2013-05-09, 12:48 PM
Sorin would aproach the man as he placed himself with his back towards the sun so he would not need to hide his eyes behind the hood. Pulling his hood up slightly to look at the man he glanced over at the wagon before looking at him again. "I would like a set of female's clothing for a...well..a friend of mine...Preferably very tight and black if its available." He said with a slight grin before he then moved a bit closer. "And my intrest depends on what kind of.."expensive trinkets" you are talking about.." He said a bit more quiet this time

Leriel
2013-05-10, 03:23 AM
The merchant looks at Sorin and his smile widens. "I do have such clothing..."
He takes a couple of black dresses - so tight and malicious that even Sorin feels embarassed. Well, they surely fit the slender body of Lady Nocturna...
The first one is a long sleeveless dress, in one piece - with a deep neckline and a slit that allows walking and running.
The second is a leather shirt with a really short leather skirt and silk tights.
"Nice, aren't they? They are the dresses of high-ups ladies in Kharè! And I can also provide you the proper shoes!"
"Well, maybe high-ups escorts for unmarried men" chuckles the sword. "They are perfect.".

"They cost 20 gold pieces each, but I can sell you both for just 35 pieces!"

"And for more expensive ones... I have a couple of magical rings and some potions..." he whispers.

Nyan
2013-05-11, 07:57 AM
Sorin would grin slightly as the merchant would take out the clothes getting the image of Lady Nocturna wearing them in his head. "Interesting...I'll take them, and hand over those shoes as well then." He said chuckeling slightly as he gave the man the 35 gold coins and packed away the clothes somwhere in his pack where they would not get wrinkled or anything untill he would summon her again.

"As for the rings and potions I dont think I can afford it at the moment...These clothes will do just fine for now." He said as he turned around and walked away, now heading towards sheriff's outpost to check on what was going on there.

Leriel
2013-05-13, 02:30 AM
There is a lot of people near the outpost - everyone is speaking, excited. Sorin manages to get closer, until he discover the reason of this excitement - a tall humanoid creature with a feline head, covered by a fur that resemble the one of a cheetah, with a leather jacket and a sash with some strange circular blades. It's a catfolk - and as far as Sorin knows, they are an uncommom race, living in the plains of the west.
And he's not alone - a cheetah (or a leopard, Sorin cannot be sure) is crouched close to the creature.
The catfolk is speaking to the sheriff, moving his tail in a rhytmic way, pointing at a map similar to the one that Sorin got from the gnome, hanging on the wall.
"[Purrrr...] So law-enforcer, you say that orcs were there and there? And together with goblyns? [Purrrr..] And you will pay me for catching them? That's good!!!"
Then he looks around... "Anyone wants to join the hunt? Come on, it would be funny... Am I right, Sharpy?" he says to the crouched cat, that raises its head smelling the clawed hand of the catfolk.
The crowd stops speaking and moves away, while the sheriff replies to the catfolk:
"I'm sorry, hunter... They are not so skilled, and I have to remain here - there are enough trouble in the town!"
The catfolk scratches his left ear, then he looks around annoyed... until he sees Sorin.
"Gold haired one... are you the wielder of a black sword? The shaman told me that I would have met you!"

Nyan
2013-05-13, 11:15 AM
Sorin would walk in amongst the crowd and see the feline person speaking with the sheriff listening to their conversation. "Hmm...Perhaps this cat-man should be a sufficient guide.." He thought and as the crowd would move away sorin would stay and meet the cat-man's gaze. "A black sword? I do not own such a thing...whom ever this person is that this shaman spoke of..it is not I....But I am willing to join you, on one condition that you can guide me to the village of Torrepani...Or atleast as far as you can go. I am not as familiar with the woods as a person like yourself." Sorin said with a fake smile as he approached the catfolk. "The name is Sorin Marcov...Pleased to meet you." He said, bowing in an elegant gesture.

Leriel
2013-05-13, 11:36 AM
The catfolk makes a "purrrr" sound again, then he nods to Sorin.
"Rashid, son of Sinjid, offspring of Cheetara" he says bowing a little.
"And this cute one is Sharpy" he says pointing at the cheetah.
"So we have an agreement!" he goes on, happy.
"Let's catch some ugly monster, then I'll bring you to Torrepani. I'm chasing that strange raiding party since several days... They pillaged camps of my folk, that's not sense, we always left them alone..."
He moves nervously his tail.
"That's strange. Goblyn wolf riders, working with orcs... Never heard of such strange alliance. [Roar!] Let's move, the sooner we get them, the sooner I'll bring you to Torrepani and I will return to my tribe!"
Then he looks closer to Sorin:
"You look pale... Are you fine? Did you already have breakfast this morning?"

Nyan
2013-05-13, 12:47 PM
Sorin would raise up straight as Rashid would nod as he listned to him introducing himself, giving Rashid's pet a quick glance before looking at the cat man again. "I see...Well I am not much for hunting orcs and goblins...such creatures are not worthy of my time in my oppinion." He said with slight discust in his tone. "But seince you will guide me to Torrepani I guess I have no choise but to assist you in the hunt. But yes, let's head out as soon as possible."

He then stared in to Rashid's eyes as he leaned in closer to take a better look at him, acting a bit supprised at his question. "Oh, I get that all the time. Ever seince I was young. I am fine, the sun and I dont really work well with eachother if you see what I mean. I have never really gotten much colour on my skin even if I try." He said as a joke as he chuckled slightly.

Leriel
2013-05-14, 02:22 AM
Rashid nods as he understands.
"I see... I too prefer the shadows to the bright light. Better for hunting."

He stretches his arms. "Are you ready to get in the woods? Do you have everything with you? I'm eager to go, now that I have such a nice pard!"

Nyan
2013-05-14, 03:39 AM
"Yes, I am ready. Lead the way. I want to get to Torrepani as fast as possible." He said as he put on his hood again to shield his eyes from the sun. "Oh, by the way, who is this man with the black sword you mistook me for earlier? What did the shaman tell you about this man?"

Leriel
2013-05-14, 04:10 AM
The catfolk is quite happy, while he moves toward the gate of the town.
"The shaman had a vision. He saw a man with pale face and golden hair, wielding a sword black as night. He told me that I will meet such man - a man of power, fighting his demons."
He shrugs.
"Well, nothing to fear... what I really fear is the other vision... that I will die fighting a snake lady. But this vision wasn't so clear..."

Nyan
2013-05-14, 04:56 AM
Sorin would follow quietly behind Rashid hearing about what the shaman said that the visions showed him "Did you hear that?....We should be weary about this man....I would not summon Lady Nocurna on him without a reason...If ofcourse this snake lady is even her..." He thought as he continuee to follow Rashid towards the gate.

Leriel
2013-05-14, 05:20 AM
"Catfolk shamans are not accurate in their predictions, but they are gifted. Let's see what happens - I don't think you will need to summon Lady Nocturna to fight Rashid... But I was thinking about other issues... That Bartek spoke about monster gathering, and now Rashid speaks about goblins and orcs collaborating - maybe I found the reason... Do you still remember the artifact I spoke about? It could grant leadership powers... Yes, this hunting could be a good way to find out who's commanding the orcs and the goblins. Very well... and after this, maybe a visit to that sage at Kharè could be another step... but now, follow that cat. He speaks too much... you were wise not speaking about the sword. My blood flows in your body, then..."

Nyan
2013-05-14, 10:24 AM
"I see...I do remember the artifact you spoke of...So if this is true what you say that this artifact could be the reason to the monsters behaviour...I just need to find whomever is using it..."
He then walked up beside Rashid and looked at him. "So what is the plan? And how long before we reach Torrepani?"

Leriel
2013-05-14, 11:05 AM
Rashid turn his head in a fluid movement:
"Torrepani... It's 4 days from here, more or less. Our plan? Let me show you the shortest way..."
He sits on a rock, takes a small stick, and makes a drawing on the ground:
"We are here. The path leads north for a little - then you have to choose which branch follow: east or west. West leads to hills, while east leads to the forest, so I say east - we should find traces of our preys there."
He goes on with his drawing, tracing an horizontal line somewhere north of the T turn:
"This is the main part of the Shamutanti River. This is a branch" and he traces a curve, on the left part, starting from the river and going south-west, then curving to the south.
"The path from Cantopani follows the branch of the river. It's good to have some water near. We will reach the main river and cross it, then we will move to Dumpus. Here the path leads to Birritanti, and finally Torrepani."
He seems to think at something.
"But I hope to find the pillager before crossing the river."

He stands up and he puts his foot on the drawing, cancelling it.

"If we are lucky, we will arrive to the T point for midday, and to the forest before the sun goes down. Is it ok for you?"

Nyan
2013-05-14, 04:35 PM
Sorin listens to Rashid carefully as he studies the map he draws on the ground. "Hmm...Yes, that sounds like a resonable plan indeed...But then comes the question about how we are supposed to hunt down these orc brutes and goblin vermin...It is just you, I and your companion there...If we happen to come across their entire raiding party, our chanses of survival are quite slim...But I guess if we stick to the shadows we should be alright.." He said thoughtful as he continued down the road.

"Hey sword, in the case that we would face any trouble on the way....I assume I will probably have to draw you out of the sheath sooner or leater. Do you have some sort of power to discuise yourself as a regular blade?...Ofcourse avoiding conflict outright would be the wisest choise, but just incase I will have to draw you."

Leriel
2013-05-15, 02:20 AM
"Done... But if you want to imbue me with some power, I'll revert to the black color."
(OOC - that is, Sorin cannot use the Black Blade Strike (Sp) or Spellstrike (Su) without changing again the color to black).

Rashid shrugs.
"Well, we are three - and I'm quite comfortable with guerrilla tactics. It's difficult to take Sharpy by surprise, so I don't think that we will stumble in the raiding party without warning. Also we can practice some combat during the way... Are you skilled with that?" he says pointing at your scabbard.

(OOC - time for Sorin to make some conversation and ask some question, if he wants)

Nyan
2013-05-15, 06:13 AM
"Indeed I am....I know a few spells as well. Tho power can be calculated in many things. Not only combat prowess..." Sorin anwserd at Rashid's question without looking at him. But keeping his gaze down the road as he continued walking, wanting to get to Torrepani as fast as possible.

"You introduced yourself as the offspring to Cheetara. Is it perhaps someone I should know about? Being interested in history comes in turn with studying magic, I lack knowledge about your kin so perhaps you could share some of yours? If it's not to much to ask ofcourse." Sorin said in a calm tone, still having his hood cover most of his face.*

Leriel
2013-05-15, 07:09 AM
"WOW! A magic user! Few of us are skilled in it... Just some Panthro..."
He feels somewhat lost in his thoughts.
"Legends say that our ancestors came from a distant place, called Thundera, trying to escape from some powerful enemies... They were Jaga, their leader, Lion-O, the young king, then Tygra, Panthro, Lynx-O and Cheetara - my ancestor."
He looks sad.
"They managed to save just one magical sword - the Sword on Omens, holding a magical stone called the Eye of Thundera, which is embedded in the hilt."
"Time passed, the sword broke against a powerful enemy and the Eye was lost... until Lord Rouqar, an offspring of Lion-O, found it again. He was a powerful warrior, but he was trapped by a demon lord... and no one knows what happened to him after that. An the Eye of Thundera is lost..."
"Well, Lion-O are strong, Panthro knows some magic, Tygra master the power of the mind, Lynx-O are cunning and Cheetara are fast!"

Nyan
2013-05-15, 07:21 AM
Sorin seemed to think a bit as Rashid finished his story. "Hmm...What sort of artifact was the Eye of Thundera? And this "Demon"....Who was he?....Did he take the eye for himself? It is a very intruiging story indeed. I would love to know more." He said with a curious tone as he would look down on his sword hearing about this powerfull enemy.

Leriel
2013-05-15, 08:03 AM
"I'd like to know more, too... Legends says that this demon was in war with a devil... and he managed to control Lord Rouqar, using him as a general in his war... But who knows the truth?"
He shakes his head.
"Names as Nyx or Alphaks are used to scare our cubs... I just know that the Eye is linked to the blood of catfolks."

Nyan
2013-05-15, 10:28 AM
Sorin remained silent in deep thought as he proceeded down the road not asking any further questions. Staying silent for the rest of the trip but keeping an observant eye on his environments.

Leriel
2013-05-16, 02:03 AM
Sorin and Rashid continue their travel... the morning becomes midday, and you arrive to the the "T" point described by the catfolk. Sorin can hear the sound of water flowing (the river is near) and can see a broken tree nearby.

Sorin is suddenly aware that the cheetah is nervous - and his companion is getting more silent, more aware of his environment.

Sorin hears a near voice (near the "T" cross):

"I am the spirit of this place. Put your money on the broken tree or you feel my wrath."

Perception check...

Leriel
2013-05-16, 03:05 AM
Sorin looks around but he cannot see the origin of the voice - it looks like it's coming from the air.

He looks at Rashid - the catfolk closed his eyes and he's smelling something, like his animal companion.

"Why should we give money to a spirit?" he asks to the voice.

Nyan
2013-05-16, 04:59 AM
As Sorin would hear the voice he would stop and look around but still not see anything. He would then start to chuckle slightly as he closed his eyes. "Don't take me for a fool... How about you come out and show yourself...And I might let you live...But if you dont...I will hunt you down...and then end your misserable life..." Sorin says with a wicked grin, the tone in his voice cold and sinnister as the hood still covers his eyes. As he gives of a sort of a dark aura from his intimidating presense

Intimidate
[roll0]

Leriel
2013-05-16, 06:41 AM
OOC - that was scaring!

Sorin gets a glimpse of something small and fast moving... and in a blink of an eye, he feels the hits of something keen (1 not lethal damage). A not-so-strong hit... looks like this opponent was shaken by the voice of Sorin :smallsmile:

The cheetah roars and jumps away, while Rashid is hit at one leg.
"Quicklings!" he screams while rotating on himself and slashing at something with his clawed hand.

Nyan
2013-05-16, 11:24 AM
Sorin smirks as he feels something hurt hurt him, but it barely made a scratch. "..You should not have done that..." He chuckled as the Quickling who had struck him would be shocked with energy from the spell Sorin had cast on his armor. He would then calmly walk closer towards them and snap his fingers using the daze spell on the quickling that had attacked him. "Come on then...vermin..." He would chuckle, giving them a horrific stare.

Actions and stats.
Hp: 23/24
AC: 17

Actions.
Free action: Activate spell stored in armor (Shocking grasp)
Damage roll: [roll0]

Move action: Move 30 ft closer

Standard action: Daze spell on the quickling that attacked him.

Leriel
2013-05-17, 02:44 AM
The target of the spell of Sorin staggers - Sorin can no more see him.
In the meantime, Rashid shouts "Follow!" to Sharpy... the two of them get closer to Sorin.
The catfolk got one of his round blades while getting near - he throws it at the quickling hurted by the shoking grasp, but he misses him.
"Don't leave them flank you, pal!" he whispers to Sorin.

It's again the turn of the quicklings...
Looks like the spell was successful - just three of them move again.
Two of them attacks Rashid - they are the more distant ones, that now are at 30 ft. from you, after their spring attack. One of them hits again Rashid at his leg, hissing "Die, catfolk skum!"
The other hits the cheetah and moves away - at 90 ft. from you.

Rashid looks quite surprised: "They are really angry - even for quicklings standard!"

Nyan
2013-05-17, 07:44 AM
Sorin looks over to Rashid and Sharpy as they come up to him seeing Rashid miss with his dagger. "I know...Just focus and hit the dam things.." He responds to Rashid without taking his eyes from where he last saw the quickling he dazed. "I have a plan...We cant attack them like this so I will mark the one infront of me with a spell, enabeling us to see him clearly. Then you two attack him and when he is dead we do the same on the others..." He says breifly before he quickly dashes towards where he saw the quickling dissapear and cast his Arcane mark spell before trying to strike the Quickling with his hand.

Actions and stats.
HP: 23/24
AC:17

Move action: Move 30ft up to the quickling that is dazed.

Standard action: Arcane mark spell
Attack: [roll0]

((OCC: Seince Sorin never specified how the mark was going to be perhaps it could automaticly become the seal of segnirs bloodline or his "house sigil" if you see what I mean ^^))

Leriel
2013-05-17, 08:07 AM
OOC - Nice hit!
Rashid nod while Sorin dash forward. A black "S" symbol, with a red drop of blood engraved on it, appears on the forehead of the creature.

"How much time! Nice to see the Sengir sigil again..."

Rashid scream "Trip!" to his companion - that jumps on the screaming quickling marked by Sorin. The manouver fails, but the cheetah provides flanking to Rashid - that follows his cat while drawing another blade.

Rashid hits and slash the quickling - a powerful slash - but the wound somewhat heals!

"Where is my cold iron chakram?!?" says the catfolk.

Now it's again the turn of the quicklings...

The one hit by Rashid strikes back - but he misses the catfolk.
The distant one is doing something to his sword, but you cannot see it properly.
The other ones follows their standard attack routine - one hits Rashid, the other miss badly.

Up to Sorin again!

Nyan
2013-05-17, 08:23 AM
Sorin sees the glowing sigil appear on the creature after he cast his spel but he seems a bit supprised as he spots it. But he does not think on it all to much and quickly grabs the sword in two hands and makes and attack on the creature. "Wonder why they are not attacking me....Perhaps they are to frightend to attack me...considering what happend to their friend...fufufu.."

Actions
Attack action: Basic attack (grabing the sword with two hands)
Damage: [roll1]

Leriel
2013-05-17, 08:51 AM
"You're sooooooooo slow!" chuckles the creature at Sorin, who cannot stand the fast moves of the quickling.
The cheetah tries again to attack the creature, but it misses.
Finally Rashid roars and drops his blade... and unleash a series of claw-claw-bite attacks at it!
The first claw and the bite misses... but the second claw slashes the neck of the quickling, that drops unconscious.

The reaction of the quickling is fast: the one who was doing something to his sword attacks, hitting the catfolk - and the wound has a strange color...
The other two are putting something on their swords, too...
"Poison..." whispers Rashid...

To Sorin again!

Nyan
2013-05-18, 10:25 AM
Sorin grin as he saw the quickling drop to the ground before he then slowly turned around towards the other two quicklings to the west. "And soon you will meet the same fate...Vermin" He said with a wicked grin as he pointed his sword towards them putting his other hand in a pouch where he carried coloured sand perparing to cast colour spray whenever they would charge towards him again.

Actions.
Move: none
Standard:Prepared action: colour spray.

Leriel
2013-05-21, 04:12 AM
Rashid whispers to Sorin:
"I hope you can do the same magic trick as before!"
Then he quickly takes two round blades - of a different color - and launches them at one of the quicklings on the west.
Both blades hit the creature - and this time the wounds are not healing: the quickling drops to the ground.
"Lucky shot" Rashid says, breathing hard.
The other quickling from the west charges - and he's hit from the spell of Sorin: he drops his weapon, stunned.
Finally, the last quickling screams in rage and puts again some poison on his blade.
In the meantime, Sharpy broke the neck of the first fallen quickling - he's dead, now.

Nyan
2013-05-21, 04:35 AM
Sorin does not respond to Rashid as he simply focuses on his target, seeing the other fall from Rashids attack he grins slightly as the other charges towards him and he throws the coloured sand at the Quickling casting colour spray. Sorin then raises his sword and glares down at the creature. "Begone..." He says in a cold to before he slashes his sword at the defencless creature.

Actions and stats.
HP: 23/24

Used spells.
Colour spray

Move action: None
Standard action: Basic attack (Gripping sword in two hands)

Unless he dies from this strike he is blinded and stunned for [roll0] rounds
Target has lost his dex mod to ac and a -2 to ac as well

Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Leriel
2013-05-21, 06:14 AM
Unless he dies from this strike he is blinded and stunned for [roll0] rounds
Target has lost his dex mod to ac and a -2 to ac as well

Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

OOC - You don't know how many round he will be blinded & stunned. Cross fingers :smallbiggrin:

"Use all of your force or you will not get rid of this nuisance!" (OOC - use power attack - with a -1 to hit, you'll get +3 to dmg due to the fact that you hold the sword 2-handed)

Rashid shouts "Nice one!" to Sorin, then he takes the small short sword dropped by the creature and stabs the quickling, adding "If we're lucky, we can get this ali---" but he's interrupted by a strong hit from the other quickling from the east, that stops near him and Sorin.
"Die, foul slayer of my kin!" he spat at the catfolk.

Nyan
2013-05-21, 08:41 AM
"You talk to much! Just be quiet and focus!" He shouts to Rashid as Sorin was getting slightly annoyed by his constant babbling while in the meantime he swung his sword again at the quickling that was stunned. This time putting in all of his strenght in the strike.

Actions.
attack: basic attack (sword in two hands, using power attack.)
Attack roll: [roll0]

Leriel
2013-05-21, 09:26 AM
Again, Sorin sees that the wound from his strong attack slowly heals... but the creature suddenly drops uncounscious to the ground. Rashid moves to attack the last quickling, but he cannot land his blow, since he too drops to the ground unconscious.
The last quickling smiles at Sorin... then he attacks laughing madly, inflicting 3 damages.

Nyan
2013-05-21, 10:40 AM
Sorin growls slightly as he gets damaged by the quicklings blows but her shakes it off quickly and glares at his foe as he starts to chuckle. "...Fufufu....FUAHAHAHAHAA!!! You have made a grave mistake, vermin!....With him defeated....I dont need to restrain my power any longer....." Sorin says with a wicked grin as he uses the swords power so it's blade slowly turs black again. "You should relish in this last few moments...Tho your life has come to nothing...I will give it a spectacular end..." Sorin laughs maniacly as he faces the Quickling, casting his true strike spell so he would definetly hit his opponent.

Stats and actions.
HP: 20/24
Blade arcana pool: 0/1
Ongoing effects: Black blade strike, true strike.

Actions.
Intimidate: [roll0]
Standard: True strike spell.

Spells used: True strike, colour spray.

Leriel
2013-05-21, 10:51 AM
The quickling was expecting a new spell from Sorin... he tries to hit with an attack of opportunity, but he misses.
Now it's his turn - this time he hits Sorin for 2 damages.

Nyan
2013-05-21, 11:06 AM
Sorin simply grins as the quickling attacks him, shrugging of the damage like it was nothing as he raises his sword and gives him a horrifying stare. "Die..." he says as he brings down his sword at the creature with all of his strenght.

Actions and stats.
HP: 18/24
Ongoing effects: Black blade strike, true strike.

Actions.
Attack action: Power attack (gripping the sword in 2 hands)

Damage: [roll]1d10+9[roll]

Leriel
2013-05-21, 11:19 AM
The quickling spits blood, but he still stands... and replies with another sting for 2 damages - moving 90 ft. away from Sorin and catching breath.

Nyan
2013-05-21, 11:52 AM
"Tsk....Is that all you can do?" Sorin laughs at the creature as it dashes away to catch its breath. "Come on then vermin....Are you affraid?...." Says in a intimidating voice, grinning at the quickling as he prepares to strike another time if the he would charge him again.

Actions and stats
HP: 16/24
Ongoing effects: Black blade strike.

Move:None
Standard: Prepared action: Basic attack (2-handed)

Leriel
2013-05-22, 04:25 AM
Sorin waits for the quickling... that gets somewhat closer (30 ft) and spend his turn putting again the poison on his weapon. Then he makes his moves... getting at 10 ft. from Sorin... laughing and launching his short sword, hitting Sorin (1 damage) before he's able to strike back!
Then he makes a curve, and he reach the fallen body of his companion (the one hit by the 2 chakram of Rashid). Then he laughs and shouts "Loser! Let's see who's going to die..." to Sorin.

Fortitude save vs poison...

EDIT: to clarify - "that gets somewhat closer (30 ft)" means that moves from 90 ft. from Sorin to 60 ft. from Sorin.

Nyan
2013-05-22, 10:03 AM
Sorin would then quickly dash forward as the quickling got closer and as soon as he got within range he snapped his fingers again castinf Daze on his foe when he was coating his sword with the poison.

Actions
Move: 30ft towards the quickling
Standard: Daze spell.

Ongoing effects: Black blade strike. (+1 to damage) ((OOC: I dont know if it has gone one minute or not seince I cast it. Tell me whenever it has.))

Leriel
2013-05-22, 10:17 AM
OOC - in Pathfinder, 1 minute means 10 rounds, so don't worry...

Sorin dashes forward and he cast the spell. The quickling stay motionless for a moment...

Then he laughs at Sorin, he moves getting at 10 ft. from Sorin and launching his short sword, hitting Sorin (1 non lethal damage).

(NB - that makes Sorin at 17 HP and 2 non lethal dmg; look here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html#_nonlethal-damage-description) for more details)

Finally he makes a curve, and he reach the fallen body of his companion (the one hit by the 2 chakram of Rashid). Then he laughs and shouts "Loser! Let's see who's going to die..." to Sorin.

Fortitude save vs poison...

Nyan
2013-05-22, 11:27 AM
Sorin groans slightly as he starts to feel weird and sick from the poison as it quickly starts to affect his body. Turning around towards the last remaning quickling as it taunts him, gripping his sword in both his hands he charges towards him trying to slash him with his weapon. "Now die vermin!!" He screams as Sorin is feeling the anger boiling inside of him, spreading like a raging fire.

Actions.
Standard/move: Charge.

Damage: [roll1] ((Make that 16 instead xP))

Stats.
HP: 14/24 (2 non- leathal
AC: 15 (17)
Ongoing effects: Black blade strike.
Dissabeling effects: 1 CON damage.

Leriel
2013-05-22, 11:42 AM
OOC - lucky strike!!!

Sorin charges and hits the quickling while he's retrieving the blade of one of his companion... cutting the arm of the small creature, that screams and drop motionless to the ground!

(Another ST please... :smalltongue:)

Leriel
2013-05-23, 02:04 AM
Sorin breathes hard, feeling again the poison in his veins. But he manages to stay on his feet.

"Well done... really well done. Time to wake up your guide, now. And time to switch back to the fake color..."

OOC - I saw that you listed the blade arcana pool. Remeber that also Sorin has an arcane pool - equal to 1/3 his level (minimum 1) plus his Intelligence bonus - that's 4 total.

EDIT: you also should choose a Magus Arcana :smallwink:

Nyan
2013-05-24, 08:28 AM
"Yeah....But first I've got to finish of this last one..." Sorin looks at his shaking hand, still feeling the poison affect him slightly before clutching it tightly. Walking over to the quickling that was beside the one he just killed and ran the sword right through him. Twisting the blade slightly he grinned before he then cleaned the blade and sheathed it again.

He then proceeded by checking for any usefull things that the quicklings might have on themselves before then finaly walking over to Rashid. Standing there for a moment looking down on him we would then give him a hard kick in his side so he would wake up. "Hey! Get up!...We dont have time to take naps!..." He said in a loud voice so he knew he would be heard. Being slightly annoyed that Rashids pet had not done anything after Rashid lost conciousness.

Leriel
2013-05-24, 08:42 AM
(OOC - Sorin finds 1 healing potion on the body of the quickling that was stabbed by Rashid... and that he finished with his coup de grace).

Sharpy starts roaring slowly, seeing Sorin kicking Rashid... but the catfolk stops it.
"Hush, Sharpy... My head... where is the one with the red eyes?" he says jumping up, still staggering.

"Thanks, Sorin, looks like I owe you my life" he says looking around.

"Hope there is at least one still alive... I want to ask them why they wanted me dead... my head... I made a dream while asleep, there was a creature speaking to them... it looked like a quickling, but then changed to a monster with a decomposing body and red eyes..." he says while leaning to a tree.

Nyan
2013-05-24, 09:01 AM
"Tsk....Sorry...I have killed them all...Without much help from your pet there..." He said in an annoyed tone, giving Sharpy a cold stare. "And whatever it was that you dreamt about, I saw no such creature....But it's usless to try and figure it out now...I'm going to rest for just a moment if you dont mind..." Sorin walked over to a tree before he sat down on the ground leaning against it, trying to recover his lost energy.

Leriel
2013-05-24, 09:35 AM
Rashid shakes his head and moves from quickling to quickling, recovering his chakrams. Then he picks something else... and he pass a couple of pouches (of the same color of the quickling's clothes!) to Sorin.
"You asked about facing the orcs... here. Blue whinnis... the poison used by our foes. There's enough to put ten of them to sleep - five doses for me and five for you."

Then he rips the clothes of the quicklings, to get some bandages, and take care of his wounds and Sharpy's. "He's trained to help me - he does not trust you, yet. Give him a couple of days" he says caressing his pet.

Finally he takes a look to the broken tree.
"There is no money here. They were waiting for us... I wonder why they were so angry, I never killed a quickling before. Let me tell you - you were a bit too eager to kill all of them. But I don't want to argue. Just tell me when you are ready to move" he says while covering the corpse of the quicklings with some stones.

Nyan
2013-05-24, 10:23 AM
Sorin rests quietly by the tree, taking the pouches Rashid hands over to him, putting them in his pack thinking it will probably be usefull later. Then he takes the healing potion he found on one of them and gulps it down feeling how he is slightly restored. "We should continue moving...I want to reach Torrepani as fast as possible..." Sorin says before standing up and dusting of his clothes slightly. Ignoring Rashids comment about how eager he was to kill those quicklings.

Stats.
HP: 18/21(24)
AC: 17
Dissabeling effects: 1 CON damage.

Hp potion: [roll0]

Leriel
2013-05-24, 10:39 AM
Rashid nods and you go on following the sentry. The catfolk gets some dry meat and eats it while walking. He offers some to Sorin, if he wishes. After about half an hour, the river is so near to the sentry that you can drink some fresh water and refill your water supply.

Rashid is silent - he looks like thinking at something. There is no sign of orcs or goblins - probably you are too near to the sentry.

After another hour, the sentry is surrounded by the forest - and Rashid looks more at ease. He stops a couple of times for getting some herbs (he says that they are helpful for healing).

And after some more time... you'll hear a voice asking for help, coming from the forest.

Nyan
2013-05-27, 07:40 AM
Sorin walks quietly down the road not paying much attention to Rashid at all and simply dwelves in his own thoughts. His hood covering his face to sheild his eyes from the sunlight as he walks with calm quiet steps while his coat flows back gently in the cool breeze. "Sword, this shrine you said was located near Torrepani. What exactly will I find in there?...You said earlier that you would guide me to the shrines in order for me to gain power...But what kind of power do this shrine contain? Knowladge, spells, another servant like noctura? How will I know that it is even worth the effort?"

Leater after a few hours of traveling Sorin would stop hearing someone call out for help. Sorin was a bit sceptical about this as it could be another trick for an ambush so Sorin casts detect magic to see if there is any spell effecting their surroundings, for example ghost sound. He then also takes a look around his surroundings for anything out of place.

Actions.
Casting Detect magic.

Preception check.
[roll0]

Leriel
2013-05-27, 08:25 AM
The sword replies to Sorin:
"When Baron Sengir created me, he put his will in me... but he created other magical items with his strenght and power. There are also other servant that awaits to be awakened - Lady Nocturna is just one of them. You will need to bond them, and to learn how to summon them quickly. The Baron willingly put just a fragment of these information in me... but surely you'll find other items in the other shrines."

Sorin casts detect magic, but he detects nothing from the forest. Looks like someone needs help for real. According to the voice, it's not distant. No strange things around out of place.

Nyan
2013-05-30, 04:20 PM
Sorin puts up his hand to halt Rashid before he looks towards the direction he heard the call for help. Being the curious type Sorin made his way towards the noice in order to investigate it.

Leriel
2013-05-31, 03:10 AM
Rashid was curious, too... after seeing Sorin raising his hand, he gets silent and nods. He draws his chakrams and move silently, covering Sorin.

Sorin and Rashid moves on a little, for a couple of minutes... until you see an old man trapped in a net, hanging from a branch and dangling.

The man sees Sorin:
"Please! Good man, mercy! Let me go away!"

Nyan
2013-06-03, 07:26 AM
Sorin seemed confused to see the the man stuck in the net and hung up on the branch and gave the man a questioning look. "Mercy? Let you go away? You act as if you belive it was I who put you there. Who are you old man?" He said in a slightly botherd tone as he did not like hearing the mans complaining all to much.*

Leriel
2013-06-03, 07:42 AM
"Sorry to bother you pal... I mean, good man... I was travellin' and I met a group of Elvin... mischievous sprites, do you know them? I tried to get away but they made fun of me... I can no more run fast... and they put me here!"
He catches his breath - looks like he spoke to fast.
"Damn... Please free me! I have a parchment with me, I can give it to you..." he says with a low voice.

Perception check :smallwink: with bonus if you notice a little hidden clue that I put in this post :smallwink:

Nyan
2013-06-03, 08:21 AM
"Humph! How will a simple parchment be of any use to me? There is alot about you which makes you suspicios....How do I know this not simply some mere trick to fool me? I suggest you speak the truth or you will regret it...But first, you never anwserd my question...who are you!?" He said in a slightly intimidating manner, Sorin being suspicios about how this man was speaking when he said the sprites 'made fun of him' or when he said he could 'no more run fast'.

Intimidate.
[roll0]

Leriel
2013-06-03, 08:36 AM
The old man looks scared.
"My... my name is Lucius. I used to live near Torrepani... I decided to move to Analand since I heard about these monsters gatherin' in the north. During my travel I met a witch that cursed me... I managed to escape, but the hag turned me in an old man! Ya know, I'm 15-years-old. She lost the parchment after leaving me, laughing. And finally I arrived here, following some merchant on their way from Kharè... but I was tired and I met these damned Elvin... I tried to run away but I forgot that I'm old... and after two steps I falled to the ground... Please, give me an hand..."

Leriel
2013-06-03, 09:15 AM
Rashid gets closer - and he throws a chakram at the rope holding the man, cutting it and making him fall to the ground.
"He's not dangerous, I can feel it" he says, moving near him.
"He's just a little liar... but he does not deserve to die" he says looking for a moment to Sorin.
"My friend is a powerful sorcerer" he goes on, nodding at Sorin. "Give him the parchment and go away... maybe he'll spare your life" he says to Lucius in a careless way, showing his pointed teeth.

The old man nods, takes a piece of paper from his bag and give it to Sorin, trembling, then stops in front of Sorin, not knowing what to do.

Nyan
2013-06-03, 10:16 AM
"The witch dropped it you say?...." He said before he then saw the knife fly over his head and cut down the man. Not saying anything as rashid speaks as he simply looks at the man with a blank expression. Then as he was handed the the peice of paper he took it and studied it for a moment before then simply turning around and walking away. "Lets go...I dont want to waste anymore time..." He speaks to rashid as he heads of in the direction they were traveling before continuing to study the parchment he got.

Leriel
2013-06-03, 10:23 AM
The man waits for some moments... then he cries in joy. You hear him moving away, going toward Cantopani.
Rashid retrieves his chakram and follows you, saying nothing but with a somewhat happy looking on his face.

And you manage to see the parchment... it's something magic, please make a spellcraft and a knowledge (arcana).

Nyan
2013-06-03, 11:04 AM
"Hmm...interesting....Perhaps I should search for this witch on my way to torrepani...if she has the rest of the spellbook I could learn the spell which is described here on this page.." He tought as he continued walking down the road, folding the page and putting it in his pack. "Rashid..How long untill we can set up camp? We should reach to the place we decided to stop first soon correct?" He asked looking up at rashid as he had been quit for some time.

Leriel
2013-06-03, 11:23 AM
Rashid looks at the sky - the afternoon already passed.
"I was thinking to stop in more or less one hour" he replies. "As soon as we find a proper place - if I remember well, there should be a bridge nearby... a good place to def-"
He stops suddenly.
"There is a strong smell of wine... can you smell it?" he says pointing forward.
He bends his legs, he stretches in a feline way and he smells the ground, then he stands up again, looking.
"Also, looks like there is a cart of some sort..." he says. "Let's take a look" he suggest drawing his chakram.

Nyan
2013-06-04, 03:16 PM
"Don't be so eager...Put down your weapon....I'd rather avoid wasting anymore time with another fight..." He said lifting his hand lightly towards Rashid as he looks towards towards the cart in the distance hoping he could make out what it was. Then he starts to calmly walk down the road towards the cart infont of them.

Preception (if its needed)
[roll0]

Leriel
2013-06-05, 03:31 AM
"Too much smell of wine" Rashid whispers, uneasy.
Sorin moves to the cart, while the catfolk leaves the sentry and walks in the forest, in a parallel way.

Sorin reaches the cart. No animal is training it - the harness that are usually used to attach it to a horse or mule are rippen. There is a big wine-smelling barrel on the chart, and another is broken, about 10 ft. away.

Sorin hears a scream from Rashid:
"There are four elvin here... Petrified! Sorin, look out!"

Then he sees the catfolk coming out from the forest, commanding his cheetah:
"Sharpy! Go away... AHHHHHHH!"

Sorin sees Rashid launching both of his chakrams... to him?!

No, they're directed beyond him... to what? What's the beast that's screaming in rage?!

Nyan
2013-06-10, 06:58 PM
Sorin stops as he reaches the caravan as he would then shortly after notice Rashid leap out from the bushes and throw his blades. Sorin, hearing some sort of beast roaring he would quickly turn around and draw his balde. "Tsk!...More trouble...Can't a person take a few steps without being attacked on the road...This is getting bothersome." Sorin growled to himself as he prepared to face the beast he had heard.

Leriel
2013-06-11, 01:49 AM
Sorin turns quickly... and he understands the meaning of the alerts from Rashid, as soon as he sees with horror that he just met the gaze of a basilisk!

Fortitude ST!

Leriel
2013-06-11, 09:42 AM
Sorin meets the gaze of the basilisk - and he finds that he's unable to look away. Suddenly he cannot move - his body is getting slower and harder!
He tries to speak but no air comes out from his mouth.
He tries to think but his brain is getting thick...
The last thing that he can see is black.

Sorin turned in a stone.

So, is everything finished?

It's a voice - but not the voice of the sword. It's different... but Sorin cannot recognize it.

Time passes - a second? an hour? a century? - and suddenly Sorin feels pain - the pain of air getting in his body.
Sorin is covered in a thick, red liquid - from head to toes. He's on the ground, lying.

He sees Rashid with the slain body of the basilisk, holding it, letting the blood of the beast flowing on him.

Rashid sees his friend alive... the catfolk smiles, then falls to the ground, breathing hard.

Nyan
2013-06-11, 10:12 AM
Sorin freezes once he meets the gaze of the basilisk feeling his whole body getting heavy as it hardens imobilizing him. "This is not good...I was...to careless...what is...happening.....I..." Sorin cant think anything more as everything turns black.

As he then suddenly feels the pain as sees he is lying in a pool of blood he quickly sits up as fast as he can as he gasps for air. So much so that he starts to cough heavily as he quickly looks around with cold sweat running down from his face. "Sword! What the hell happen!?" He then looked to the side as rashid fell to the ground.

He still felt a bit shaken from what had happend and Sorin legs trembled as he tried to stand up. His clothes all coverd with blood as he breathes heavily from shock. As he finaly manages to stand he would walk over to the neares place where he could sit down as he tried to collect himself. "I guess....We are even now..." He said looking over to Rashid lying there on the ground.

Leriel
2013-06-11, 10:54 AM
"You suddenly met the gaze of a basilisk and you turned to stone. Luckily your guide killed the beast and covered you with its blood - this time you were really lucky, not everyone knows that the blood of a basilisk can revive a petrified victim... But I wonder how a basilisk could hide here..."

Rashid breathes hard, but smiles at Sorin.
"Basilisks... are... magical... beasts... they are my... quarry..."
He stops and groan in pain. Sorin can see that the body of the catfolk is badly injuried - a lot of bites cover it.
"His blood... can revive... so you're here again..."
Sharpy gets closer and lick his master.
"I say... we should rest here... I am unable to move further today..."
With a big effort, the catfolk sits down. He takes some long breathes, with closed eyes, then suddenly open them and speaks to Sorin:
"Someone wants us dead... I never killed a quickling before, and today I'm attacked by these angry feys, accusing me... and now a basilisk... I mean, a basilisk here? And his smell was masked with the wine... I was able to fight it with closed eyes since I could smell it, so close... but without the wine, I would be able to detect it a lot of time before... and you wouldn't get petrified."
He sighs.
"What do you think, master of magic? There is some magic that can help us? I am really hurt and I don't think I can survive another attack..."

Nyan
2013-06-11, 11:35 AM
Sorin starts to try and get off atleast some of the blood as he listens to Rashid before he stands up and walks up to the body of the basilisk. "Lets stay off the road and set up camp...We are in no shape to travle any further...And what magic do you speak of? To help us with what?..And is there a river nearby? I would like to clean myself from all of this blood..." He says while he inspects the corpse further before then taking out a knife and cutting out the creatures eyes and puts them away in a small pouch.

Leriel
2013-06-12, 02:16 AM
Rashid grunts and whispers "Some healing spell would be useful..." then he leads Sorin to the river (just few minutes from their current positions).
He clean himself, too, and he proposes:
"I think that we can rest where we found the old man - it's near. I can use the net that trapped him to make some traps to secure that no one will get us by surprise. Tomorrow morning we will move away from this awful place. Is it fine for you?"

Nyan
2013-06-22, 02:49 AM
Sorin seemed looked Rashid with a strange expression, he almost looked to be insulted by his comment. "Healing? Do I look like some kind of cleric? No, healing is not within my domain...My knowledge lies within the arcane arts...not the divine, remember that..." He then follows Rashid to the river where he would clean himself from all of the blood, using some of the soap in his pack.

They as they are done and Sorin has packed up his things he looks to Rashid as he makes his suggestion about heading back to set up camp. "Yes, that sounds good. Lets also check in the caravan for any supplies or anything valuable they might have...It's not like they need it anymore."

Leriel
2013-06-24, 01:55 AM
Rashid looks confused: "Arcane? Divine? I didn't know such difference... I just know people that can command magik, like you, and people who cannot, like me."
He shrugs. "Nevermind, I'm not the kind of catfolk who make pranks."

You manage to take a look to the caravan. Rashid takes some wine in a small wineskin. There is nothing on the cart but the wine - looks like that it was really a trap, after all...

Finally you reach the place where you found the "old" man and you set up the camp for the night. It's warm and you feel at ease, at last!
Rashid doesn't trust to ligth a fire: "We'll eat again something dry... I don't like it so much, but I don't want to point our place to our enemies..."
He feels tired. "Do you want to set some guard duty? I trust the traps and Sharpy... but tell me what you prefer."

Nyan
2013-06-24, 03:39 AM
"I'll stay up and keep watch, at least for a bit...I'm not all to tired right now..." He said as he had placed himself against a tree closing his eyes for a moment with a sigh. It had been a rough day and there were many things on his mind right now. He stayed up for a few more hours and looked up in to the sky, his clear blue eyes finally feeling comfortable as the sun had set and it became dark. The nocturnal sounds of the woods soothing him and clearing his head as he tried to fall asleep. But before he did so he casted shocking grasp on his armor so it would store it.

Leriel
2013-06-24, 04:12 AM
Sorin sleeps... and dreams.
The dream is quite confused... he sees an hooded creature speaking to five kneeling other creatures. He cannot hear what it says... but it seems a powerful king speaking to its followers. Sorin gets a glimpse of the kneeling ones, as they rise: a dark elf with a black armor, a big man holding a scythe, a women with long black hair, a robed man with a staff... and finally a snake-lady with black clothes. Lady Nocturna. The five ones leaves the place... and the dream changes. Sorin sees the "king" putting some items in a bag - a circlet, a skull, a pair of gloves, a belt and finally a black sword...
And Sorin suddenly wakes up. He hears a roar and some strange noises.

Nyan
2013-06-27, 02:27 PM
Sorin would open his clear blue eyes rather sudden as he woke up from his dreams taking a short glace down on his sword. "Ah, I see how it is..." He thought. But quickly after he would look over to Rashid and stand up, pulling his blonde hair back and folding his hood over his head. "Hey. Wake up, I think I heard one of your traps going off.." He said loud enough so he knew he would wake up.*

Leriel
2013-06-28, 03:42 AM
Rashid is already awake, and it's looking at the creature in the trap: it's a big boar - struggling, but unable to move.
"A tasty meal, if we just had time to kill and cook it..."
He shakes his head.
"But we are not so lucky. Sorin, this could be just a boar... but I know that orcs keep boars in their camps, to dispose of waste. This mean that we could be very near their camp... but honestly I cannot afford a battle today. I propose to move as quick as possible and to reach your destination... then I'll see how to handle this. What do you think?"

Nyan
2013-07-02, 08:33 PM
Sorin would look at the boar for a moment before then scratching his head slightly with a sigh. "Tsk....To let you know I have had a plan all along to take care of these vermin if they ever crossed our path...this plan would work best at nightfall, and you wont have to lift a finger exept for a tiny thing you will have to do....It would take to long to explain it and you probably would not get it anyway. Tho It is your call...If you choose to take me to torrepani now Ill get there faster and you may take care of the orcs yourself...or...we seek their camp out and wait untill its dark and take care of the orcs...It migh prolong our trip a day but atleast ill get some...entertainment" He would say with a slight grin, chuckeling with a gleam in his eye as he thought of the fate he had planned for the orcs.

Leriel
2013-07-03, 04:24 AM
Rashid looks somewhat scared.
"Take care of an orcish tribe? Alone? I saw you mastering magik... I didn't know you were so powerful..."
He thinks a little more.
"Powerful companions means powerful enemies. This explain why someone wants you dead... Let's go to Torrepani. When you finish your business we will see..."
He prepare himself for the travel. "Let's have a quick breakfast and let's go".

OOC - let me know which spells are you going to prepare today.

Nyan
2013-07-07, 08:14 AM
Sorin would look towards Rashid and notice his worried expression, chuckling slightly as he listened to him speak. "Hmm...shame...I was starting to look forward to it actually...Tho if you think we can relocate their camp after I have reached Torrepani then I see no problem going there first." He would say packing his things and taking some rations out of his pack to eat. "Then I also have this witch that the old man spoke off. I only got this page from her spell book that he gave me and I want to take a look at the rest, and we will find this witch near Torrepani as well." He said as he then headed of in the direction they were going.*

Leriel
2013-07-08, 02:25 AM
The three of you get on the street again. You'll walk for about one hour, Rashid is silent and concentrated on the path, a little nervous. You finally reach the bridge that Rashid spoke about... just to find out that the bridge is no more!
Rashid takes a closer look.
"This is no way a natural thing. See? This is a rope bridge, and someone severed the ropes on this side, so the bridge fell..." Rashid points the bridge - what remains of it, still hanging from the other side of the chasm.
"I thought to change our path and follow this trail, across the bridge and to reach Torrepani with a longer but safer way, maybe walking during the night also... but this means that your foe wants us to go on with our original plan."
He roars.
"AH! He doesn't know us... I can use my claws to create handles in the rock... we can descend the rock, wade the river and climb the other side... this way we will fool your foe! And avoid further murder attempt!"
He grins.
"Is this fine with you, Sorin?"

Nyan
2013-07-15, 04:46 PM
Sorin would stop for a moment and think slightly hearing Rashid suggestion. "No..." He said with a thoughtful tone as he looked towards the bridge. "It could be as you say...Tho what if our enemy would expect us to cross the chasm and head for the longer but 'safer' route? It would be no hard task to simply take rope and lower ourselves down before then climbing up the other side. He could have put more ambushes along this road instead of the route we originally planned...That is at least what I would have done.." He would say but still seemed to be contemplating on what to do. "Sword...what would you say about this?..."

Leriel
2013-07-16, 01:52 AM
The sword thinks a little.
"Maybe you're right... but what if our enemy expects you to understand it... and it's making another ambush on the shorter way? I say that's a 50-50 chance. It's up to you... The Baron trusts his heir..."

Nyan
2013-07-17, 06:31 PM
Sorin would Think for a while before the turning towars Rashid. "Let's take the shorter route, but lets stay vigilant for any ambushes that might be ahead of us. The good thing is if we dont encounter any more trouble we will reach torrepani in a shorter time, but if we do I'm sure we can somehow avoid fighting. I still have a few tricks up my sleve if it ever comes to that. And as you said before, it's hard to supprise that pet of yours so I assume he can warn us for any incomming danger before we encounter it."

Leriel
2013-07-18, 02:51 AM
Rashid nods. "So it's decided. May Cheetara bless us..."
You walk for another hour. Rashid is silent and quite nervous...
Suddenly Sharpy groans lowly. Rashid stops and draws his chakram, looking around.
"I cannot see or smell nothing, but Sharpy... I trust him..."
There is nothing strange at a first sight. The path follows the river (it's always at your right), while the forest is at your left. Everything looks fine.

Nyan
2013-07-22, 10:33 AM
"Do you think they would have noticed us yet?.....I might have a plan...Tho it will require you and your pet there to hide out of sight...I go by myself from now on, but you watch my back and stay hidden."

Leriel
2013-07-22, 10:49 AM
Rashid looks astonished to Sorin and whispers:
"They... who?"
He nods to Sorin and steps back, bringing Sharpy with him.

Then Sorin moves calmy... but as he's saying "What you see right here..." a fiery explosion engulf him!

Reflex ST!

Nyan
2013-08-17, 08:32 PM
After Rashid had gone in to hiding Sorin would once again scan the area with his eyes casting sense magic to perhaps see if there is any sort of magic around in the area.

Leriel
2013-08-19, 01:44 AM
Sorin detects a powerful hidden magic rune about 20 feet from him, on the sentry. Is really well-hidden... and very powerful.