PDA

View Full Version : Tales from a tavern (gauging interest) [OOC]

Jacklu
2006-11-16, 11:17 PM
I've been thinking about this for a little while now and thought that I'd put it out there to see what you think. I would like to make a book about the goings on in the Town. Before you say anything, I already know about the Town Book started by Kyrian but this would be different. I would like to make a collection of short stories about the various members of the Town written by the respective players. The stories would not have to be long, ten, maybe fifteen pages each, tops. As for the subject, they would each give a brief glimpse into the daily lives of the inhabitants of the Town. They could be about whatever the player wants to write about, but with one common theme, they would all either start or end in Trog's Tavern. The style that you write in is up to you. it can be first person or third, whatever suits your liking. As for material, you can either draw off of past events or make it all up. So, that's my idea at any rate, Questions? Comments? Think I'm a raving lunatic for even suggesting something like this?

McBish
2006-11-16, 11:19 PM
I think this is a really good idea. I will try to find time to write up one for Lillah.

Jacklu
2006-11-16, 11:25 PM
Cool. That was quick.:smallsmile:
Oh, just one thing I forgot to mention. Try and keep the plot of your story limited to the the amount of space you have to work with. IE, although the character you write about is an active member of the town, please try to keep in mind that not every one who will read this is. So the plot for this story should be free standing. I'm not saying you can't bring in to play your characters past, just try and limit the scope of the plot. I'm saying this as much for me as for anyone interested. I tend to go on.:smalltongue:

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-16, 11:25 PM
Ooh, me likey. I will do.

Jacklu
2006-11-16, 11:26 PM
Woot! That's three!

Rainspattered
2006-11-16, 11:30 PM
I'll give you one for the nature character I introduce, named after my SN.

Jacklu
2006-11-16, 11:34 PM
WOHOO! four down.... All the rest to go!
Also, If someone doesn't like writing, I'm sure we could get a few generous individuals with no lives to speak of to help out.... *Looks around for such individuals*

Flabbicus
2006-11-16, 11:37 PM
I could write something if I find the time, inspiration, and decide what my character would do by himself.

Jacklu
2006-11-16, 11:45 PM
I could write something if I find the time, inspiration, and decide what my character would do by himself.

I'm sure other people wouldn't mind if you NPCed their characters in you story, as long as you run it by them to make sure they match up. In fact, that would probably make the separate stories flow together better. You could also use this as way to hint at your character's backstory or develop their personality if they tend to be introverted under normal situations. Or, if you want, you could have your character undergo a treacherous quest to find a hidden item of power... or get a drink and some nachos.

Kenyon
2006-11-16, 11:47 PM
Dibs on the drink and nachos quest.

Jacklu
2006-11-16, 11:51 PM
Really? you seem like a chilly dog kinda guy.:smallbiggrin: I wonder if Sneak will get in on this. I can only wonder at what the secret life of Sneak holds.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-16, 11:58 PM
Sure. There isn't a lot I know of that I could write about, but meh. I'll think of something.

Jacklu
2006-11-17, 12:06 AM
Awesome! The force grows more powerful with every passing moment!
And feel free to write in whatever style you want. A story in the form of a journal entry would be kinda cool.... I wonder if that would work for Cosmo...

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-17, 12:11 AM
Journal entry? Ok, that's it. Consider it officially yoinked. My journal entry! All MINE!

Jacklu
2006-11-17, 12:13 AM
Waaaa! Ok, that's cool. In fact, I look forward to seeing it.

Flabbicus
2006-11-17, 12:28 AM
Hehe that just made me think of it being a "Captain's Log" style thing.

Jacklu
2006-11-17, 12:39 AM
Hmmmmm,
"Captains log, stardate 284.3: I ordered a beer and paid my overdue tab. Number One has gone on ahead to secure a seat near the door so that we may escape if that crazy god returns."
"Captain's log, Stardate 284.4: It didn't work."

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-17, 12:46 AM
Death's Story Arc

Narrator: Death sets out to do the unthinkable, to conquest all odds against him,
to quell the rising wake of evil he shall struggle to drink his ginger beer.
What evils await him? What foes shall he face? Well he have many allies?
Is this actually a pointless quest? Shall he become a god afterwards?
Can he fight the rising tide? Will he capture that young reapers heart?

*Drinks ginger beer*

Narrator: Death returns triumphant! He was quelled all foes and has done the unthinkable!
Poets shall sing of this saga for years to come and many a lay and sonnet shall be written
of this epic tale! Truly this is a momentous occasion.

End of Death's story Arc

I found this one in my archives, but yes, its a great idea. Is Trog paying you money or something though to have them set in his tavern?:smallwink:

Jacklu
2006-11-17, 12:53 AM
Death's Story Arc

Narrator: Death sets out to do the unthinkable, to conquest all odds against him,
to quell the rising wake of evil he shall struggle to drink his ginger beer.
What evils await him? What foes shall he face? Well he have many allies?
Is this actually a pointless quest? Shall he become a god afterwards?
Can he fight the rising tide? Will he capture that young reapers heart?

*Drinks ginger beer*

Narrator: Death returns triumphant! He was quelled all foes and has done the unthinkable!
Poets shall sing of this saga for years to come and many a lay and sonnet shall be written
of this epic tale! Truly this is a momentous occasion.

End of Death's story Arc

I found this one in my archives, but yes, its a great idea. Is Trog paying you money or something though to have them set in his tavern?:smallwink:

Actually, I remember reading that before. And no, Trog doesn't even know about this yet as far as I know. I just figured that the place where all the stories are most likely to cross paths or find common ground was Trog's. I have to say, I would love to see what Death does on his average day. Or maybe on his day off...:smallwink:

Alarra
2006-11-17, 01:59 AM
Hmm.....this sounds fun. Couldn't there be more than one set in journal entry style? Just sayin.

And umm...realizes she's not supposed to be here. *goes scurrying back to homework*

Jacklu
2006-11-17, 02:12 AM
*squints at light* Did the goddess herself just grace this thread? I feel... happy. Perhaps this project will succeed after all!

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-11-17, 07:08 AM
This is a pretty cool idea, Jacklu. If I can find the time to write I'd definitely enjoy contributing to this as well.

Hoseki
2006-11-17, 07:12 AM
Count me in.

I believe that 'What Gatamu Eats When You're Not Looking' will be a hit.

Or should I write the epic Town short story, 'Pottery, Prayers, and Psions,' the untold tale of Valathe? Or Yandaha's 'Today I Ate a Zebra'? Decisions, decisions!

Blood
2006-11-17, 07:22 AM
Mmm, Blood's would be a bit dull, sitting around in a tavern telling people off doesn't make a good story...

Are you saying, Jacklu, that you would take all the stories and compile them, or that you would take them all and put them in one longer story that may need to flash back and forth between characters?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-17, 08:30 AM
oooooh neat. I've got a few projects on back burners, but I'd like to try my hoof at this

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 08:53 AM
'tis nifty.
Maybe I'll try a story/thingy or two.

Mik
2006-11-17, 08:55 AM
Hehe...sounds like fun. Maybe I'll try....I dunno....writing the Town Book again? I refuse to let this project, and mine die.

Rumda
2006-11-17, 08:56 AM
I think I may do something i have an idea which could work

Jacklu
2006-11-17, 12:28 PM
Are you saying, Jacklu, that you would take all the stories and compile them, or that you would take them all and put them in one longer story that may need to flash back and forth between characters?

It would be a bunch of separate short stories in one book. As for your story being boring, has the events that you have observed in the tavern ever been short on action?

I'm really happy to see how many people are willing to contribute! This is going to be awesome!

2006-11-17, 01:06 PM
Now that I have an extremely cool idea, you can change me from a "potential" to a "definite" contributor.

Madmal
2006-11-17, 01:30 PM
Hmm...seems interesting...i'll try to do it..if i ever get more extra time...

TheHawk
2006-11-17, 05:54 PM
Sure, I'm in. Dunno what to write about. Does it have to follow actual events? Mine would be fairly dull if it did.

Flabbicus
2006-11-17, 06:05 PM
Sure, I'm in. Dunno what to write about. Does it have to follow actual events? Mine would be fairly dull if it did.

I doubt it. And besides, you could write about the old assassination guild.

Veg Sorbet
2006-11-17, 06:09 PM
If (very big if) I manage to find enough free time, I may do something. I run the risk of cloning my novel, though.

Now returning to lurk mode until the lycanthrope party. Really have to actually get down to some work - I really don't want this place to contribute to me failing my degree.

Sneak
2006-11-17, 08:21 PM
Ooh, just saw this.

I will definitely do it!

Expect to see the world through Sneak-tinted glasses.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-17, 09:00 PM
Ooh, just saw this.

I will definitely do it!

Is that anything like looking through a pair of shattered glasses with one side a convex the other concave so that everything you see is broken, twisted and warped?

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-11-17, 10:45 PM
I might write one.
Is it ok if I twist my story slightly (Megaly) so it is funny?

Dispozition
2006-11-17, 11:45 PM
Uhhh...I'll try, but don't expect anything good...Or anything at all for that matter...

Is there a deadline kind of thing at all either?

Lucky
2006-11-17, 11:47 PM
Sounds fun. You'll likely never actually get anything from me due to lack of motivation and the presence of schoolwork. Not to mention if I don't like it I'll re-write it from the beginning, and I can be picky for things like this.

But I'll try to try.

The Orange Zergling
2006-11-18, 01:41 AM
I've been thinking about this for a little while now and thought that I'd put it out there to see what you think. I would like to make a book about the goings on in the Town. Before you say anything, I already know about the Town Book started by Kyrian but this would be different. I would like to make a collection of short stories about the various members of the Town written by the respective players. The stories would not have to be long, ten, maybe fifteen pages each, tops. As for the subject, they would each give a brief glimpse into the daily lives of the inhabitants of the Town. They could be about whatever the player wants to write about, but with one common theme, they would all either start or end in Trog's Tavern. The style that you write in is up to you. it can be first person or third, whatever suits your liking. As for material, you can either draw off of past events or make it all up. So, that's my idea at any rate, Questions? Comments? Think I'm a raving lunatic for even suggesting something like this?

OMG... this is a perfect idea... I've been wanting to do a monologue for The Shadow, and a story or two of Oskar... hehe... *opens OfficeWord*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-18, 03:47 AM
"i'm gonnna need a hammer and a chisel as I've got some major writer's block here."

InaVegt
2006-11-18, 06:08 AM
I'm so going to do this, when I'm in the mood to write that is.

Edit: I'm going to do this in the form of a couple of letters, it will be with the evil Gezina (the cloud not the werefox)

Xerillum
2006-11-18, 09:37 AM
I'll definitely do it... winter break is mostly boring... And three weeks long...

Cathrindir
2006-11-18, 01:19 PM
This is brilliant. When I come up with an idea, I'll try to come up with something.

Sneak
2006-11-18, 02:07 PM
Sneak walked into Trog’s Tavern in his normal fashion. That is to say, he fell in through the roof, screaming. He descended as lightly as a feather with a large rock tied to it. Sneak groaned as he collided into the floor with a sickening Thud!, much like the noise a troll’s club makes when it connects with the skull of a dwarf. This was going to be one of those days. Just like every other day spent in the Town.

He picked himself up off the floor and staggered over to the bar like an ungainly chicken on crack. He looked around the tavern. He listed the patrons of the bar in his mind: there was some guy who was on fire, three gods, seven demigods, Cthulhu, that annoying little brat, the ugly guy, that chick with the weird hair, thirteen and a half epic level characters, and Old Bob, who thought his eyeballs were dragons. Sneak ordered a drink and leaned back in his chair.

One of the gods had apparently cheated on his epic level girlfriend with the God girlfriend of a demigod. Cthulhu was apparently involved too, but Sneak couldn’t quite figure out how. The god and the demigod were currently focused on what looked like the Macarena, but was probably supposed to be a duel to the death, judging by the ridiculously focused looks on their faces.

Suddenly, a muscular man in full plate with a large sword about as big as California burst into the room.

“lol im gona kil u wit my big sword LOL!!!!! i rool heehee u dead hahahaa sucker ur mom is fat u stupid assface!!!111!!” the man shrieked.

The man took the sword off of his back and attacked Old Bob with it. The man lopped off Old Bob’s head, slapped him silly with a rubber chicken, and promptly left.

Bob grumbled to himself, reattached his head, and ordered another drink.

“Godmodder! I’m going to tell a mod!” one of the gods shouted at Bob.

“We’re gonna report your sorry ass!” yelled another.

The two duelists had apparently resolved their differences enough to scream at Old Bob together, a steady stream of obscenities tumbling from their mouths.

Sneak sighed, rolled his eyes, and walked out of the tavern, conveniently forgetting to pay, just as Old Bob started to transform into a giant worm. He felt slightly stupider. Yes, that is possible. Historians would remember this period in Sneak’s life as the Great Brain Cell Massacre of ‘0194717 Z.F.’

Sneak turned off the television set and looked around the tavern. Blood was sleeping. Kyrian was kissing three different people at the same time. Iames was waking up and saying hello to Verdandi. Aerin was also waking up and saying hello to Verdandi, curiously enough. Some newbie was engaged in a passionate makeout session with a guy with an ugly handlebar mustache. Three shady looking men walked in and sat down at a table. An armored man came down the chimney carrying a bomb in one hand and a cake in the other. Cathrindir was being carried to the nearest temple on a stretcher while Mortia was getting married.

Suddenly, Kyrian leapt up and hurled a suitcase at Iames. Three midgets burst into the room with machetes, roaring fiercely. Iames broke off his three-way conversation with himself—I mean, uh, Aerin—and Vera just in time to chant some mysterious incantation, causing a bolt of lightning to strike the spot where Kyrian had been standing a moment earlier, before he had leaped out of the way.

Sneak leaned back in his chair to enjoy the show, deciding that watching television soap operas on television was obsolete.

———————

Something I threw together quickly.

Kenyon
2006-11-18, 02:28 PM
Two thumbs up! An instant classic!

Flabbicus
2006-11-18, 02:41 PM
Was the guy with the giant sword supposed to be Kyrian, because he's the only one like that that I know of. :tongue:

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 04:58 PM
HILARIOUS! Iames and his alts give it 6 thumbs way, way up!

Hoseki
2006-11-19, 11:15 AM
Sneak... that is awsome.

Jacklu
2006-11-19, 12:51 PM
Man, I leave for a few days and the thread got stickied.... Now lets see:

Nope, you can make the whole thing up.

Ooh, just saw this.

I will definitely do it!

eep! I can feel the chaos already.:smallsmile:

I might write one.
Is it ok if I twist my story slightly (Megaly) so it is funny?

Funny is good.

Uhhh...I'll try, but don't expect anything good...Or anything at all for that matter...

Is there a deadline kind of thing at all either?

Deadline? I hadn't thought of that yet, I wanted to see if there was any interest first..... For now I'll say no simply because putting a time limit would probably scare away most of the interested parties.

[i]Sneak walked into Trog’s Tavern *Snippedge*
Something I threw together quickly.

:smalleek: *blink blink* I think my brain just imploded... PERFECT!

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 02:24 PM
Sneak, that made my spleen hurt... ouch...

The Orange Zergling
2006-11-19, 03:48 PM
Arrgh, The Shadow's monologue doesnt start/end in Trog's Tavern, but he goes into the tavern several times during the story... is that fine?

Jacklu
2006-11-19, 04:48 PM
Arrgh, The Shadow's monologue doesnt start/end in Trog's Tavern, but he goes into the tavern several times during the story... is that fine?

Yeah, I didn't even think about this so I'll say it now: If your story doesn't start or end in Trog's at least have part of it take place there, if only for a little bit.

The Orange Zergling
2006-11-21, 03:55 AM
Ok... putting out a teaster for The Shadow's monologue in spiffy minicomic form. Ooo. "Burn demonspawn, BURN!!" (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/Shadowknife/shadowpwriter.jpg)

Just a random clip from it... not nearly done, though.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-21, 09:00 AM
okay, got a plot idea.

basic notes for my own benefit
valda
reijas
red thing
bookman
q-word
basement
chuck

Lykan
2006-11-26, 08:00 PM
Hehe... If I find time, I definetly will do this...

Kalbereth
2006-11-28, 05:01 PM
Expect a contribution from Markan - this is an excellent idea. Judos to Jacklu.

And I've decided that whenever I see Sneak's avatar while on library computers, to run far away. People are starting to give me funny looks for laughing out loud so often.

Sneak
2006-11-29, 09:35 PM
And I've decided that whenever I see Sneak's avatar while on library computers, to run far away. People are starting to give me funny looks for laughing out loud so often.

Hah! Made ya run away for NOTHING! Sucker!

——

Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! This is what motivates me to keep procrastinating! I mean, uh, writing!

The_Librarian
2006-11-30, 09:33 AM
I'm tempted to give this a go, but I'm afraid I might fill it with teh dramas.

Flabbicus
2006-11-30, 04:04 PM
I'm tempted to give this a go, but I'm afraid I might fill it with teh dramas.

They're some of the only dramas I find to be bearable, so they shouldn't be that bad. Just throw Greeny, Llama, and/or Kratos into the mix and its comedy gold. :biggrin:

Kalbereth
2006-11-30, 08:24 PM

Hah! Made ya run away for NOTHING! Sucker!

——

Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! This is what motivates me to keep procrastinating! I mean, uh, writing!

Actually...I think that one counts. :smalltongue:

Sneak
2006-11-30, 09:46 PM
Damn you.

Well, I'll not be funny one day! And then I'll be the one laughing!

Flabbicus
2006-11-30, 10:32 PM
Damn you.

Well, I'll not be funny one day! And then I'll be the one laughing!

Nope, still got a chuckle out of me.

Sneak
2006-11-30, 10:37 PM
Grrr.

You people are so hard to please.

Dispozition
2006-12-01, 04:01 AM
Don't you know it Sneak...Don't you know it...

Sneak
2006-12-01, 06:27 PM
Don't patronize me, you patron of the tavern!

Wait...are patrons supposed to be patronizing? Do patron saints patronize patrons of El Patron's?

A whole new world of possibilities is opening up before me...

(( And yes, I googled it, and El Patron is a restaurant. ))

Blood
2006-12-01, 06:45 PM
As for your story being boring, has the events that you have observed in the tavern ever been short on action?
Yes. The only time Blood ever does anything besides eat, drink, and sleep is insulting, disagreeing, or glaring at others.

Loved your story, Sneak. My stomach was hurting from all the laughter. What really cracked me up was "Blood was sleeping and Kyrian was kissing three people at once" - totally true.

Xerillum
2006-12-01, 06:59 PM
You forgot: and Xerillum was slashing the crap out of an NPC just for giggles.

Sneak
2006-12-02, 11:55 AM
Right, I should have included that. Because everyone knows that random sadism is hilarious!

Thanks for the comments, Blood. Do I get extra points if you burst a kidney from laughing?

Xerillum
2006-12-02, 01:56 PM
yep. if points mean attorneys!

Blood
2006-12-02, 11:52 PM
Do I get extra points if you burst a kidney from laughing?
Sure, I only need one to survive.

Sneak
2006-12-03, 12:01 AM
Blood: achieving the bare minimum since 1993. :smallwink:

Blood
2006-12-03, 12:11 AM
Blood: achieving the bare minimum since 1993. :smallwink:
Sneak: cracking 325 1/2 jokes per day since... *frantically checks Sneak's profile, mutters under breath*

[/off topic]

If I'm allowed to interact with other people in my story, I can try to make one. Though if I get any ideas I'll run it by them just to be fair.

Jacklu
2006-12-03, 12:16 AM
Sound good. Oh, and Sneak, it is a scientificly proven fact that a thread can only handle so much hilarity before exploding violently. Lets try not to let that hap- *BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!* *fiery explosion*

Sneak
2006-12-03, 10:34 AM
@Blood: I give you my permission to have anything happen to Sneak / have Sneak do anything in your story.

After all, no matter how crazy you make it, it could probably still happen.

@Jacklu: Don't worry, I'll pay for the damages. Would you like a possum?

Xerillum
2006-12-03, 04:35 PM
can I have a tree frog? I doesn't have to bite! wrap the money in tar and flaming ice cream, then make a banana split with a chainsaw.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-03, 06:35 PM
can I have a tree frog? I doesn't have to bite! wrap the money in tar and flaming ice cream, then make a banana split with a chainsaw.
That reminds me of Chef Brian. I've got no idea why. Anyways, I've got some good ideas, and should have mine finished at some point this week.

Sneak
2006-12-03, 06:51 PM
"Why," says the purple potato monster to the table shrew! If it isn't American cheese, then is it a turkey? No, says the telemarketer angel! Because pancake houses are red!

Xerillum
2006-12-04, 07:59 AM
it does because I tried. and sneak, I think I just burst something.

Sneak
2006-12-04, 03:44 PM
I think I just burst something.

Wah wah wah. Call the wahmbulance. The number is nine wah wah.

:P

Xerillum
2006-12-04, 05:09 PM
now you're just making fun of erfworld.

Sneak
2006-12-04, 05:15 PM
Err...what?

You DO know that that has nothing to do with Erfworld and has been around long before it, right?

*looks at the Erfworld sneak peek again to see what's going on here*'

EDIT: Purposely spelling or pronouncing words wrong is not a new concept.

EDIT2: Sorry if I came across as a bit harsh. I just get a little cranky when people seem to take my jokes too seriously, especially when they seem to not understand them fully. Unless you're not being serious at all. It's hard to tell on the internet. In which case, I apologize for thinking that you misunderstood my meaning.

Xerillum
2006-12-04, 05:36 PM
Sheesh! why do people overestimate me? I mean- *pantses sneak and runs*

CabbageTheif
2006-12-05, 07:41 PM
y'know, i've never looked into this thread until just now. and just now, i decided that i liked the idea.

woot jacklu!

i am getting into finals week, so expect it up soon, cause fharlaghgn knows i wont be studying!

2006-12-07, 07:03 AM
Your attention please: allow me to present An Eye for an Eye (http://geocities.com/epiplectic/trogstory2_2.pdf), which appears at least to be the first complete story submitted to this project. Heaps of props to Ceika for putting up with me. It's rather on the longish side so I'll host it theres until we decide some way to collect them all.

Kyrian
2006-12-07, 07:21 AM
Your attention please: allow me to present An Eye for an Eye (http://geocities.com/epiplectic/trogstory2_2.pdf), which appears at least to be the first complete story submitted to this project. Heaps of props to Ceika for putting up with me. It's rather on the longish side so I'll host it theres until we decide some way to collect them all.

Allow me to be the first on here to say....AMAZING!!!

wxdruid
2006-12-07, 10:49 AM
Yes, El J and Ceika, that story wow! I want to read more.....

Jacklu
2006-12-07, 02:57 PM

WOOT!!! The first of (hopefully) many! Let me just say... WOW! That is simply amazing El J. On to the next matter at hand, where to put the strories once they're done, right now I don't have any place in particular (I was going to set up a website but I'm lazy and have been putting it off). I'll get to work on it right away. *gets back to work on own strory*

Xerillum
2006-12-09, 12:08 PM
Mine's pretty long (short novel) and begins with Xerillum's birth and ends with his death. And I get to bash the temple of Inari. Yay!

Blood
2006-12-10, 10:16 PM
Jaspero, as always, your writing is fantastic. I always enjoy reading your works, including the fight recently on the Liza Jane. Between you and Sneak, you guys could write an awesome and funny book.

Seriously. Really good. Blood should be proud to know you. :smallwink:

2006-12-11, 07:12 AM
Wow, thanks you guys! I would very much like to point out, however, that while I might have posted it I only wrote half that story, and the credit goes as much to Ceika as to myself.

Kyrian
2006-12-11, 08:51 AM
I gave my credit to both of you.....didn't I? If not, sorry. You both did an amazing job. Makes me want to go find the story my fiance and I were working on together and try starting that again.

Madmal
2006-12-11, 11:36 AM
El J: whoa...just whoa...nicely done...

i read the first draft on mine, and it was somewhat confusing...maybe i should update on "Town Characters"....

anyways, i'm currently on another nervous breakdown, so it's gonna be slowed down...

Graklok
2006-12-11, 12:09 PM
Graklok's tavern story, hmmmm...it'll probably start out with something like

Graklok runs through screaming "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!".....

I'l start on it.

Kudos to Ceika and El J. Honestly, if you two took your tale(s) and made it into a book, I swear it'd be the next big bestseller hit. It's not just the story you two write, it's the details.

Admiral One
2006-12-17, 09:02 PM
I thought i had read this thread before, but apparently I hadn't. great idea! despite being a newb, i think i may give it a whirl.

el J and Ceika: Oh my god. I've only had time to read the first few paragraphs and i think its awesome. great job!

Wukei
2006-12-20, 11:52 AM
I'd like to offer my services as an editor. (This after I misspelled "embarrasment" last night for the comic...I know the irony.) I've edited quite a few things in my life, so I'm used to doing it.

Of course...I'll need aid in someone else editing mine when it's done...

Kyrian
2006-12-20, 03:30 PM
I'll be glad to edit yours Wu.

Shadow
2007-01-08, 05:10 PM
I know I'm a newbie and everything, but I'd be more than happy to contribute.
I can write up my as my short story, including [B]much more detail as a great way to sort of introduce my character in to the Town more fully.

I'll get started right away!

Wukei
2007-01-08, 05:13 PM
One thing confuses me about this. Everyone else writes the stories, you get it published and you get the funds that are accrued, right?

I mean, it just seems everyone else is doing all the work...

Nevrmore
2007-01-08, 06:41 PM
I wonder if it would be cooler to write a story about Hawk or Descartes.

wxdruid
2007-01-08, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing both, they are both interesting characters.

Nevrmore
2007-01-08, 07:09 PM
Awww, I'm touched, Alena :smallredface:

AmberVael
2007-01-08, 07:13 PM
Totally go for Descartes, at least at first. Seeing the world from his eyes is already interesting (and quite amusing), and we have a shortage of insane evil people around here.

wxdruid
2007-01-08, 07:25 PM
You could try to work them both into the same story, Hawk trying to find and arrest Descartes.....

Castaras
2007-02-07, 01:08 PM
Hmm...maybe a story of the epic battle between the kitten and the rat, as the kitten runs into the mouse hole...that would be interesting...

Of course, any story with a cat in it is superb.

* Cat takes claws from Castaras' neck *

Now, to work it in between the homework piles I'm getting...

Sneak
2007-02-11, 09:44 PM
Hmm...I haven't written anything in a long while.

I think I might write a parody of a town romance love story. I can't think of many ideas. And a serious story? That's just out of the question.

AmberVael
2007-02-12, 12:50 AM
Hmm...I haven't written anything in a long while.

I think I might write a parody of a town romance love story. I can't think of many ideas. And a serious story? That's just out of the question.

A parody of a parody? Only Sneak would try such a thing...