PDA

View Full Version : Opposite of Mortal Bane feat

Yogibear41
2013-03-27, 07:25 PM
Are their any feats that are essentially the opposite of the mortal bane feat?
Plan on taking this feat for my up and coming warlock but would also like a way to have a boost versus the things that mortalbane is ineffective against. Preferably at level 1 ( I have 3 feats available at 1st and while I Might need more than 5 uses of mortal bane a day I doubt I will ever need to use it more than 10 times.

Venger
2013-03-28, 01:42 AM
Are their any feats that are essentially the opposite of the mortal bane feat?
Plan on taking this feat for my up and coming warlock but would also like a way to have a boost versus the things that mortalbane is ineffective against. Preferably at level 1 ( I have 3 feats available at 1st and while I Might need more than 5 uses of mortal bane a day I doubt I will ever need to use it more than 10 times.

no, there are not.

honestly though, since it's just outsiders, undead, and constructs, I wouldn't worry so much about it. undead and constructs both have pathetic amounts of hp, and outsiders are (for the most part) challenging encounters no matter what you do.

for constructs, you'll have wands of orb of x to overcome their SR since your eldritch blast may not make the cut, and for undead, you can just keep spamming that magical laser.

you won't be running into any outsiders/constructs at low levels, and the undead you do encounter will be featherweight enough that you can knock them out of combat with eldritch blast

what other feats were you looking at, what direction were you considering taking your warlock in, and have you read the handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252715) yet for some general ideas?

Gnorman
2013-03-28, 03:15 AM
Immortalbane
Benefit: An immortalbane ability is a damaging spell-like ability that deals 2d6 points of additional damage against outsiders, undead, and constructs, but only half damage (rounded down) against living non-outsiders. Immortalbane can be applied to each of a creature's spell-like abilities five times per day.
Special: This feat can be taken multiple times. Each time it is taken, the creature can apply it to each of its spell-like abilities an additional five times per day.

Source: The Book of Mild Dimness, page 49

Yogibear41
2013-03-28, 09:56 AM
If only Gnorman lol, for first level I'm not really sure what other feat would be worth taking, I plan on staying ranged for the most part coming in with eldritch glaive at higher levels when it becomes actually worth it. I thought about getting weapon finesse to use my dex to hit with it but It would only give me a +2 to hit and by time I get to the level where I can actually use it a +2 to hit on touch attacks probably won't mean much or be worth it for a feat. I plan on going enlightened spirit for a prestige class even though I know its technically worse than straight warlock, I want it for the flavor.

I mainlly wanted something to help out with undead as the group happens to be in pursuit of some very powerful undead currently, my old character died last week and basically can't be ressurected so I'm making something new.