PDA

View Full Version : Level 9 one-off session Binder

FrostSurf
2013-03-27, 11:44 PM
Hey Gianitp.

So for International tabletop day my friend is deciding to host a one-off session for anyone to play in starting at Level 9 (He's trying out Red hand of doom). Recently the Binder class from Tome of Magic has caught my eye.

I understand that the Binder class is ridiculously versatile and that there's so many diffrent combonations to play around with. From hearing about some of the builds of the other party members it looks like we need a melee combatant who could take a few hits, so Knight of the Sacred Seal looks enticing. But on the other hand it is a one-off so the DM says to not really worry about party composition.

Dose anyone have any advice as to how to build this PC? I'm thinking human sounds good for race, but I'm open to suggestions. 30 Point buy & Standard WBL.

Thanks in advance.

FrostSurf
2013-03-28, 04:09 PM
Bump in case people with potential advice missed it because of the time it was posted?

RaviStrife
2013-03-29, 01:17 AM
I'll bite. Props for choosing something....less than vanilla =-p.

I would recommend taking taking Binder4/KotSS 5. As human, feats would go to Power attack(1), Improved Bull Rush(Bonus), Cleave(3), Expel Vestige(Bonus), Travel Devotion(6), Shock Trooper(9). For your Favored Vestige, take Buer, and bind Andras as your 2nd. Don't forget the pact augment from 2nd lvl binder, giving you a bonus in several categories- I would take +1 to hit.
Altogether, you would have 8 Bab, an additional +1 to hit from the pact augment and at least a +1 from your magic weapon (grab a greatsword). Andras grants you improved critical for free... Activate your sudden STR boosts from KotSS and ShockTrooper at the same time for some truly lethal charges. Between DR 10/Magic and fast healing and your unlimited heals from Beur, you shouldn't have to worry about endurance, or even being careful.
Travel devotion allows you a bit of a "Oh ****" button, allowing full attacks even after a charge. Oh, did I mention you can smite Evil OR Good creatures every 5 rounds (or twice in a row, due to the capstone ability from KotSS?). Finally, the summoned mount comes with a lance, don't worry about it unless you want something magical for extra beef..
Don't have the time tonight to work out the base stats and gear, but that should cover you for the character concept side. Good luck melting faces!

MidgetMarine
2013-03-29, 05:03 PM
*evil cackle*

Nothing can save you frostsurf.
You are mine to control.

(I'm the DM for this session. :smallwink:)

stack
2013-03-29, 05:36 PM
DO you have access to the online vestiges? Summon monster every five rounds is handy.