PDA

View Full Version : Q&A for D&D 3.5

darkfang
2013-03-28, 12:44 AM
I am looking for a magic item like a bag of holding but that will allow me to carry say like 10-20 animals (non-companion/familiar) with out killing them.

Drackstin
2013-03-28, 07:26 AM
bags of holding or portable holes cant have living things in them, the only thing that is remotely close to what your looking for is a bag of tricks, it comes in 3 different colors, but it cant store animals, it can only pull out 10 random animals before it needs to recharge. the best one you can pull out rhinos and other big animals, from a tiny bag.

TuggyNE
2013-03-28, 07:34 AM
bags of holding or portable holes cant have living things in them

They actually can, as long as you stick a bottle of air in there or similar. (Maybe several. And you might have trouble getting the animals to use it/them properly. Etc.)

Drackstin
2013-03-28, 07:38 AM
also normal animals would be reluctant to be in a bag, just as a weapon can rip it so can there claws, and some animals have no way of putting there claws away like cats, so good luck warping their feet up and unwrapping them as you pull them out, and somehow making a bottle of air scuba tank that they are willing to use.

Ashtagon
2013-03-28, 07:41 AM
Research a version of this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shrinkItem.htm) that can work on creatures, and you're a pokemon master.

Fitz10019
2013-03-28, 11:28 AM
I am looking for a magic item like a bag of holding but that will allow me to carry say like 10-20 animals (non-companion/familiar) with out killing them.

I don't know of an existing item. I would customize an item, based on the existing portable hole, but using Maze in place of Plane Shift. The idea is if the animals have a maze to follow, they won't claw their way out.

Slipperychicken
2013-03-28, 12:12 PM
Flesh to Stone/PAO + Shrink Item?

darkfang
2013-03-28, 10:36 PM
thanks for the help if anyone has questions i'll try and answer them on here as best i can