PDA

View Full Version : God of having a good time.

NOhara24
2013-03-28, 12:55 AM
There is a god of having a good time somewhere in the D&D pantheon. Does anyone know which one it is?

Morphie
2013-03-28, 01:09 AM
Don't know if it is what you're looking for, but I wouldn't mind having a good time with Sune :smallwink:

Besides that, maybe Garl Glittergold or other gods with the Trickery Domain.

THEChanger
2013-03-28, 01:20 AM
Olidamara might be the most fun, but everyone knows the worshippers of Kord throw the best parties.

Crustypeanut
2013-03-28, 01:53 AM
Nah man, Cayden Cailean throws the best parties, especially when he can talk Sheyln to join. :smalltongue:

Arutema
2013-03-28, 01:55 AM
Pathfinder has Cayden Cailean (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cayden_Cailean), god of booze, freedom and bravery.

And apparently, ninjas.

Krobar
2013-03-28, 02:18 AM
Forgotten Realms has Sharess, Goddess of cats and drunk party sluts. Or, rather, hedonism and lust if I recall correctly. Her clergy runs a bunch of fest halls.

Preaplanes
2013-03-28, 02:57 AM
Depends on what you mean by "fun". Garl is certainly the one that seems to fit the bill in the main Greater Deity Core 3.5 Pantheon.

The guy's MO is pranking people, and Gods, for the fun of it, to keep people's spirits light and keep them humble. His entire clergy pretty much has "don't take yourself too seriously" as its motto. His titles are The Joker, the Watchful Protector, and the Sparkling Wit.

Guy seems like the coolest of the deities to me, or at least the most fun.

Gnorman
2013-03-28, 03:11 AM
Want a good time*? Worship Bane.

*a Lawful Evil definition of a good time.

Feralventas
2013-03-28, 03:21 AM
Lastai, book of exalted deeds, goddess of pleasure. Not outright hedonism, but of enjoying yourself and helping others to do so.

Eldan
2013-03-28, 04:05 AM
Dionysus, perhaps?

Gnorman
2013-03-28, 05:10 AM
Dionysus, perhaps?

Actually, this.

Asmodai
2013-03-28, 05:15 AM
Dionysus, perhaps?

That's what I wanted to say!

Mystral
2013-03-28, 05:27 AM
I'll throw my hat into the ring with Lliira, godess of dancing, parties and joy.

Gavinfoxx
2013-03-28, 05:27 AM
Sharess! Goddess of hedonism, and more than that, sensation.

Jigokuro
2013-03-28, 05:48 AM
Others already said my bids, but I'll toss out that there is an entire race of dragons that are 'of having a good time' the same was Reds are 'of fire': Elysium Dragons.
They have a breath weapon that is cone of become drunk, seriously. :smallbiggrin:
...And are canonically the A-number-1 top causer of half dragons.:smallwink:

Gavinfoxx
2013-03-28, 05:57 AM
I always considered the 'social' dragons to be:

Song
Steel
Brass
Mercury

Mercury are jokesters, and you should look into the two gods, "Hlal" and "Aasterinian" for some dragon-flavored pleasure.

Also, in general (at least for FR, which has a huuuge quantity of deities):
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pleasure_domain

NikitaDarkstar
2013-03-28, 06:23 AM
Mercury are jokesters, and you should look into the two gods, "Hlal" and "Aasterinian" for some dragon-flavored pleasure.

I was just going to mention those two. Hlal is pretty awesome really. Minor, but awesome.

Jigokuro
2013-03-28, 06:59 AM
I always considered the 'social' dragons to be:

Song
Steel
Brass
Mercury

Also, in general (at least for FR, which has a huuuge quantity of deities):
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pleasure_domain

Song a certainly social but not exactly good-time partiers. Same for Brass.
What book is steel/mercury in? The list of dragons doesn't source them :smallsigh:

Spuddles
2013-03-28, 07:05 AM
Dude, Broseidon is god of a totally chill time, but also of like, raging keggers, you know?

Andreaz
2013-03-28, 07:49 AM
There is a god of having a good time somewhere in the D&D pantheon. Does anyone know which one it is?Dunno any in standard. FR has Sharess for hedonism, parties, sensual experimentation and cats.
Tormenta has Lena and Marah. Lena's the goddess of life and health, and she brings such to everyone and celebrates plenty. Marah's the goddess of peace and festivities, bringing the joy of life and the safety of peace to everyone without distinction.
(Prostitutes don't like Marah's priests and priestesses much. They "celebrate" for free)

Firest Kathon
2013-03-28, 08:34 AM
Aventurica, the world of The Dark Eye, has Rahja (http://www.wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/En:Rahja), the goddess of love, beauty, sexual pleasures, of frenzy, of wine and of horses. Many of her temples are run as brothels.

navar100
2013-03-28, 12:12 PM
If you want to be literal, both Hieronious and Pelor want you to have a Good time. Elohnna too, and I suppose also Kord. There's also Tyr, Torm, Ilmater, Lathander, etc. :smallbiggrin:

dspeyer
2013-03-28, 12:23 PM
Olidammara has "revelry" in his official portfolio, and is the patron deity of drinking establishments and concert halls. His rituals include a 3-act comedy performance.

Meanwhile, Lirr is the actual patron of good music (and dance).

Yondalla is noted for the joyous nature of her holidays. And, while it's never explicitly said, I've always thought of her as the goddess of really good cooking.

Between the three, you could have quite the party.

Ravenica
2013-03-28, 12:28 PM
All hail Calistria and her sacred prostitutes!

NOhara24
2013-03-28, 03:53 PM
Olidamara might be the most fun, but everyone knows the worshippers of Kord throw the best parties.

It's this one, I knew his name was weird but I just couldn't think of it. Thanks!

Gavinfoxx
2013-03-28, 04:22 PM
Steel Dragon:

Dragons of Faerun
http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20040328a
Dragon Magazine #339

Mercury Dragon:

Dragons of Faerun
http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20040103a

THEChanger
2013-03-28, 08:39 PM
It's this one, I knew his name was weird but I just couldn't think of it. Thanks!

Note that Olidamara (sp?) is less focused on partying, and more the patron of rogues, liars, and thieves. Do with this information as you will.