PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help me make this magic item?

Immabozo
2013-03-28, 04:26 AM
So, I am currently playing in a campaign, playing a War Hulk, and I have a special magic item and I was wondering if you guys could help me with the rules to make it.

I want a special bag of holding, with an infinite amount of naked gnomes in it, who all have a Flesh to Stone spell cast on them, and after I throw them, after dealing their damage, the Flesh to Stone is dispelled, but they are subjected to a confusion spell and they then run around naked. (If possible, a Concentration check or be too distracted by the naked gnomes to cast a spell would be nice)

Sith_Happens
2013-03-28, 04:33 AM
Yeah... That's going to take some homebrewing.

Immabozo
2013-03-28, 04:36 AM
Yeah... That's going to take some homebrewing.

damn... haha, thanks

Yora
2013-03-28, 04:46 AM
It would be a bag of tricks with added use-activated stone to flesh and use-activated confusion.
Not that difficult to make.

ahenobarbi
2013-03-28, 04:47 AM
Use-activated Planar Ally (to get gnome) + Unseen Servant (to strip the gnome) + Flesh to Stone (to make it stone) + Stone to Flesh (to make it ok again) + Confusion (because you want it)...

That's 2000*(4*7 + 1*1 + 6*11 + 6*11 + 4 * 7) = 378'000 gp. I guess since effects are very specific you could go with 1/5 or 1/10 th of the price. Maybe you could replace Planar Ally and Confusion with Summon Drunk Gnome I (this way gnomes don't get hurt and the item gets a bit cheaper).

ahenobarbi
2013-03-28, 04:48 AM
It would be a bag of tricks with added use-activated stone to flesh and use-activated confusion.
Not that difficult to make.

Isn't bag of tricks usable only a few times a day?

Morphie
2013-03-28, 05:14 AM
So, you play a Large creature that defeats its enemies by trowing NAKED STONED GNOMES. You don't need the Confusion effect, they will be automatically confused once they realize where they are. Everyone will.

But bonus style points for the concept, I just hope you don't have any gnomes in your party.

Edit: In case you have them, you should throw them a couple of times as a test, I think halflings are more aerodynamic, though.

The Trickster
2013-03-28, 06:51 AM
So, I am currently playing in a campaign, playing a War Hulk, and I have a special magic item and I was wondering if you guys could help me with the rules to make it.

I want a special bag of holding, with an infinite amount of naked gnomes in it, who all have a Flesh to Stone spell cast on them, and after I throw them, after dealing their damage, the Flesh to Stone is dispelled, but they are subjected to a confusion spell and they then run around naked. (If possible, a Concentration check or be too distracted by the naked gnomes to cast a spell would be nice)

This makes me smile in every wrong way possible. Thank you :smalltongue:

Immabozo
2013-03-28, 01:44 PM
Use-activated Planar Ally (to get gnome) + Unseen Servant (to strip the gnome) + Flesh to Stone (to make it stone) + Stone to Flesh (to make it ok again) + Confusion (because you want it)...

That's 2000*(4*7 + 1*1 + 6*11 + 6*11 + 4 * 7) = 378'000 gp. I guess since effects are very specific you could go with 1/5 or 1/10 th of the price. Maybe you could replace Planar Ally and Confusion with Summon Drunk Gnome I (this way gnomes don't get hurt and the item gets a bit cheaper).

Where can I find the rules for this? How much would "Summon drunk gnome 1" cost instead of Planar Ally and Confusion?

So, you play a Large creature that defeats its enemies by trowing NAKED STONED GNOMES. You don't need the Confusion effect, they will be automatically confused once they realize where they are. Everyone will.

But bonus style points for the concept, I just hope you don't have any gnomes in your party.

Edit: In case you have them, you should throw them a couple of times as a test, I think halflings are more aerodynamic, though.

Yes, archers are quite the pest in this campaign and all the royals seem to be arcane archers, so this will add insult to injury! And there is a gnome in my party. He is naked too. He was the inspiration! And I whole heartedly agree, halfings seem more aerodynamic, but gnomes are 40 - 45 pounds and I want as close to 50 pounds as possible!

This makes me smile in every wrong way possible. Thank you :smalltongue:

Haha, you're welcome, and thank you, thank you.

Immabozo
2013-03-29, 01:44 PM
Seriously, can someone point me to the rules for creating this?