PDA

View Full Version : question about binder

herculesftw
2013-03-28, 07:03 AM
Plan on playing my first binder and have been researching this complicated class extensively. Regarding a 2nd lvl bind Malphas grants the ability 'birds eye viewing' I understand most of what it does but specifically this section of the ability I'm curious about 'Use the bird's skill checks to determine the results of its actions and observations(for example bluff, search, spot, listen), but use your skill bonuses to derive information from its observations (for example, Knowledge, Sense Motive, or Spellcraft to identify a spell)."

So I have the bird scout ahead and there are some orcs hiding in trees ahead. Would I use the birds own skill bonuses to spot the orcs, or would I use my own spot? Basically the bird being me as a bird with my own skill bonuses. Or I use it to eavesdrop on a conversation to which I can then use sense motive to see who was lying?

Komatik
2013-03-28, 07:14 AM
The bird spots the orcs, the bird listens, you sense the motives.

herculesftw
2013-03-28, 07:18 AM
So basically I try to make out what it sees/hears as if watching a film, decoding the scenes meaning. Makes sense, thank you for the fast response=)