PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 - Including a Warforged character in a non-eberron setting

Triplebubble
2013-03-28, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,

Need your opinions on this one.

I was thinking about making my next character a Warforged Fighter/Soul Eater. The thing is, we are not playing with the Eberron setting. Considering all the immunities the Warforged template provides, would it be over powered compared to the usual human or dwarf?

Does it makes any sense?

Vicerious
2013-03-28, 10:27 AM
Warforged are not overpowered. Sure they get some immunities, but they're also vulnerable to anti-construct effects, immune to beneficial effects like enlarge person, do not heal naturally, and only get half the benefit of healing.

How much sense they make in a campaign setting is really a matter between you and your DM. Check out some of the info for the warforged entry in the Monster Manual 3, as it provides a more general background.

Big Fau
2013-03-28, 10:33 AM
Warforged are, power-wise, about on-par with Humans and Dwarves when it comes to noncasters. In the hands of a spellcaster with access to Polymorph they become a bit more powerful (there are a lot of Constructs out there). But for a Fighter they should be just fine.

Soul Eater, on the other hand, is a problematic class.

Togath
2013-03-28, 10:34 AM
Warforged are also not Ebberron specific, they got re-printed in MM III

Triplebubble
2013-03-28, 10:49 AM
Thanks for enlightening me guys!

I'll talk to my DM about it. Thank you Togath for pointing out that they got re-printed in MM III!