PDA

View Full Version : Cartography Contest

Octopusapult
2013-03-28, 01:32 PM
Hello Arts & Crafters, and welcome to the first (as far as I know) Cartography Contest!

The idea is simple. Design a fantasy / RPG styled map based around a consistent theme such as Overland, Cityscape, Waterlogged, etc. The map can be designed using any kind of program you want, even hand drawn and scanned, or microsoft paint if you think you can pull it off.

The rules are as follows...

1. Your map must follow the theme or guidelines. If the contest is for an overland map and you draw a dungeon or building, it doesn't work.

2. You can post the map as an image or link it to a dA account or wherever you want, so long as the voters can see it. Make sure the title of your post reads "MAP SUBMISSION" so we can sort them out.

3. Anyone is allowed to vote, but only once. Voters are encouraged to consider how well a map follows the theme while casting their vote. When making a vote, I'd appreciate changing the title of the post to "VOTING" or "CHANGING VOTE" so I can sort them easier.

4. The contest will end April 21st. All tallied votes will no longer be subject to change, and a winner will be declared.

Feel free to use this thread to chat, vote, and post submissions as well as any interest. People with no interest in participating or even voting are also welcome to come give their advice and critique.

For this first contest, I'm going to eschew the theme and ask our cartographers to make any kind of Fantasy Map they may envision. A typical dungeon, an urban encounter, a dragon's lair, etc.

To clarify, your maps do not have to be tiled. They do not have to be ready for use in a game, they just have to look good. Have fun!

flyingchicken
2013-04-01, 12:09 AM
I'm interested, but it doesn't look like many others are :0

Ninjadeadbeard
2013-04-01, 02:25 PM
I am in. I am so, so in.

Just so I'm clear, we post submissions as a new thread? Or here?