PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Post Mortem One-Liners Thread

Octopusapult
2013-03-28, 02:25 PM
When you kill your enemy, you wanna look in his eyes so he knows you're the one who beat 'im to death!... It also gives you the chance to give off some really zippy one-liners. Like, 'I hope you brought your wallet, because the rent in hell gets paid in advance!' Or my personal favorite, 'You just got Sarged!'

Starsky: Looks like you just punched your last ticket, amigo.

A home for all your favorite and dear pre or post mortem one-liners. Quote your movies, quote your friends, quote yourself, but it's only funny if someone's about to die.

GoblinArchmage
2013-03-28, 06:17 PM
Yippee-ki-yay, mother****er!

And my own personal favorite:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brother. And you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

Science Officer
2013-03-28, 08:37 PM
Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.

A post-mortem one-liner would be a little tricky...

TuggyNE
2013-03-29, 12:24 AM
A post-mortem one-liner would be a little tricky...

You … say it after you kill someone? :smallconfused: Not that hard?

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2013-03-29, 12:46 AM
I believe the joke (or not joke, I suppose; I laughed) was that it would be rather difficult to deliver a one-liner after one's own death. That said, I haven't read Start of Darkness, but I can only assume that Xykon had a pretty good zinger saved up for the occasion of his lichdom.

HairyGuy4
2013-03-29, 01:20 AM
I once dumbfounded a Dm by managing to kill a red dragon that was bullying the group single handed. As I decapitated it, I felt the need to add "There can only be one..."