PDA

View Full Version : So many Skills

tricktroller
2013-03-28, 05:27 PM
So playground there is a feat you can take out of the mongoose / AEG feat book called university that gives you +8 skill points at 1st level and +2 per level for every level after you start taking the feat.

I give you Gentleman John Corleone.

Stats
Str: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 16
Int: 16
Wis: 16
Cha: 16

Rolled 14, 15, 16, 16, 16, 18 (but in the order you see above)

Feats
Flaw: Craven
Flaw: Nymph's Kiss
Human: University
1st: Legendary (stat point bumps at 3rd and every 3 levels after that)
3rd Weapon FInesse?
6th: Leadership
9th: Extra Followers
10th: Rogue: Guild Master (doubles followers get extra cohort 2 levels lower than your current cohort)
12th: Improved Cohort

Penetrating strike ACF

Max ranks in
Balance, Bluff, Disable Device, Disguise, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform (oratory), Search, Spot, Tumble, and UMB.

Now this character gets 8 +1 human + 1 nymphs kiss +2 univeristy + 3 int so he has a ton of skills what do you guys think of my future mob boss?

LTwerewolf
2013-03-28, 05:38 PM
You could easily go straight factotum and pump into int. Will quickly make up the 2 points lost.

SowZ
2013-03-28, 05:41 PM
So playground there is a feat you can take out of the mongoose / AEG feat book called university that gives you +8 skill points at 1st level and +2 per level for every level after you start taking the feat.

I give you Gentleman John Corleone.

Stats
Str: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 16
Int: 16
Wis: 16
Cha: 16

Rolled 14, 15, 16, 16, 16, 18 (but in the order you see above)

Feats
Flaw: Craven
Flaw: Nymph's Kiss
Human: University
1st: Legendary (stat point bumps at 3rd and every 3 levels after that)
3rd Weapon FInesse?
6th: Leadership
9th: Extra Followers
10th: Rogue: Guild Master (doubles followers get extra cohort 2 levels lower than your current cohort)
12th: Improved Cohort

Penetrating strike ACF

Max ranks in
Balance, Bluff, Disable Device, Disguise, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform (oratory), Search, Spot, Tumble, and UMB.

Now this character gets 8 +1 human + 1 nymphs kiss +2 univeristy + 3 int so he has a ton of skills what do you guys think of my future mob boss?

You'll get six stat bumps instead of five, so if you plan on bumping Int with any of them, make sure to do it ASAP since skill points aren't retroactive. Also, I think you mean UMD. Also, max ranks in Balance is totally unnecessary, IMO. You will rarely see balance DCs much above 15. Assuming you focus on Dex, if you end up with 24 Dex by level ten, (that's +7,) and have a +2 item, +2 Synergy for tumble, you are already at +11.

Trying to run along an inch and a half wide pole uphill is typically going to be a 24 DC. So no need to get that Balance check higher than 14. I wouldn't put more then three or four ranks in it. ESPECIALLY since you have jump maxed. And you will probably have a flight mechanic by then, too.

Urpriest
2013-03-28, 05:44 PM
Remember, rolls don't have to go into ability scores in order. You get to choose how they are distributed.

SowZ
2013-03-28, 05:52 PM
Remember, rolls don't have to go into ability scores in order. You get to choose how they are distributed.

Maybe, maybe not. Some groups play stats as they lie.

Renen
2013-03-28, 07:11 PM
I do hope they pick a class AFTER they roll for stats... Imagine a Wizard with 10 INT :-)

Re'ozul
2013-03-28, 07:14 PM
Forgery. No one ever takes forgery and you can create some fun stuff with it. Just forge requisition forms and walk into the local armory or similar.

tricktroller
2013-03-29, 10:38 AM
Yeah the group I wrote this guy up for plays as they lie. I can burn two points from one stat to bump a stat by 1 point to make things more suitable, and yes you get to decide after you roll. Also usually we roll up 6 sets of stats pick the one we want and then modify using the 2 for 1 system.

How would you maximize his skills? would you drop certain skills to non max ranks and get a crap load of skill tricks? Should I go uncanny trickster or something?

(and yes I meant UMD I was typing too fast yesterday. 5 month old was keeping me up the night before so coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee, *twitch*)