PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Homebrew

questionmark693
2013-03-29, 12:03 AM
So I know this isn't original. And I know there's probably a better version of these somewhere out there. Also, the format I put these in won't be the best. So I apologize for all of the above, but I've been working on some of the races as seen in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, to make them playable in a 3.5 game for a campaign I'm thinking about running. So here are the first three that I've come up with, please critique them, they are rough drafts, so I won't be offended.

Hylian

See humans in the PH.

Kokiri

Ageless
Immune to Mind-affecting or enchantment spells, sleep, and paralysis
-2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom
Favored Class is Druid
+2 Survival (+4 if using to gather food), +2 Knowledge (nature)
Can use Speak With Animals once per day as a spell like ability
Can use Speak With Plants once per day as a spell like ability
Low-light vision 120'
Taboo-if a Kokiri eats meat, they lose their spell like abilities for 24 hours, and during that duration are sickened (may only take standard actions)
Small size, base land speed 20'

As I finish the other races I will post them here :)

AuraTwilight
2013-03-29, 02:56 AM
Might want to specify that the Kokiri are always childlike; I don't know why they're forbidden to eat meat though; that doesn't SEEM to have basis in Zelda canon IIRC, but in any case I'd ditch that, the spell-like abilities, the low-light vision and the spell immunities, and put focus on how all Kokiri has fairy guardians, like maybe they're all entitled to some sort of fey familiar that would supercede any familiar/animal companion granted by a class.

As for Hylians, I don't mind them being close to humans like that, but I'd point out that they seem to have an inherent magical ability; their ears reportedly let them 'hear the gods' afterall. Perhaps their bonus feat and skill points can be traded in for spell-likes or inherent telepathy?

sirpercival
2013-03-29, 06:05 AM
I'll just leave this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254175) here...

Thomar_of_Uointer
2013-03-29, 12:55 PM
Kokiri

Ageless
Immune to Mind-affecting or enchantment spells, sleep, and paralysis
-2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom
Favored Class is Druid
+2 Survival (+4 if using to gather food), +2 Knowledge (nature)
Can use Speak With Animals once per day as a spell like ability
Can use Speak With Plants once per day as a spell like ability
Low-light vision 120'
Taboo-if a Kokiri eats meat, they lose their spell like abilities for 24 hours, and during that duration are sickened (may only take standard actions)
Small size, base land speed 20'

I wouldn't bother with the meat thing. Heck, I don't think we see Kokiri eat anything in the games. The Kokiri's signature weapons (found in the two Forest dungeons of OoT) are slingshots and bows, both used for hunting. A better restriction might be that they can only regain their per-day spell-like abilities if they rest in a forest (when I statted up Kokiri I had them get a heal effect for resting in a forest).

Your usage of low-light vision is incorrect (but I agree that Kokiri should have low-light vision). Darkvision has a range, low-light vision does not. Low-light vision simply doubles the range of any light source you see and also gives you better vision under moonlight. There's also improved low-light vision, which is the same except quadruple the range and you can see fine under starlight. Read up on it: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#lowLightVision

Other than that, I think it's fairly balanced against the human. You might want to take a look at the Pathfinder human, which is more flexible and will give you more room for abilities with the other races.