PDA

View Full Version : Saint template in e6

Yogibear41
2013-03-29, 12:42 AM
Normally in E6 one uses a lower point buy at character creation to offset a LA from a race or template, however since the Saint template cannot be taken until level 6, how would one offset its LA? Should the template be modified somehow so that I could be applied for a LA of 0? Should the person receiving the template give up 1 or 2 of their post level 6 feats in order to gain the template?

Any Ideas on this matter?

sonofzeal
2013-03-29, 12:49 AM
Saint is worth a heck of a lot more than a couple feats, or reduced pointbuy. Really, I don't think there's a good way to balance it in E6.

Yogibear41
2013-03-29, 12:55 AM
Yes, it is a pretty amazing template is it not? Perhaps some way to tweak it then? I was going to require a heavy amount of roleplay to aquire it too if that helps at all lol.

WeeFreeMen
2013-03-29, 01:06 AM
Along the lines of getting it RP wise.
(Which is the only way I've ever gotten it)
1) Establish his church.
2) Gain followers (Not for himself, but for his deity)
3) Preform some "Miracle"
4) Acquire a "Holy Relic" (read: Artifact) that allows some form of contract with his deity.
5) Sainthood?

I wouldn't give it to him prior lv5. Would make him work his a$$ off for it as well.

Just some thoughts. :smallsmile:

ArcturusV
2013-03-29, 01:12 AM
Well, the Protective Aura ability alone is going to get any DM in E6 worth his salt to say Nope. So if you wanted to sneak it in? You gotta know that you're going to have to axe that. Otherwise it's "Lol, Spell Immunity" in that world. Knock out the Immunities and the Resistances. Pitch it to a DM as getting the Saint Template and never gaining an "extra level" feat, ever. You must take it when you first hit level 6, before you get your first bonus feat.

You MIGHT, and I stress MIGHT, get a DM to think that's okay. Least based on my own experiences and estimates.