PDA

View Full Version : Good Tiamat, I hate Creepypasta

ShadowFireLance
2013-03-29, 02:49 AM
Like, A lot now, at first, I had seen it as; "Oh, well, a creepy story site, Oh well." and filed it away in my mind as something that was a waste of time.
Well, it's now 2:50 AM here, and i just spent the last ~2 Hours reading every story there.
I am a freaking grown man and i'm slightly afraid to walk down the hall. Kinda Stupid, huh? anyways, Would you all happen to have any idea of how to get those annoying stories outta my head?
Now keep in mind, I can handle most stories, for example, Squidward's Suicide didn't mess with me, nor did the date one, Cause that's so cliche, it's when i got to Jeff (Good Lord, Do not google him if you want to sleep) as well as Lost Silver, For some reason, I think it was the combination of those two that messed with me, don't know why, cause I'm used to horror/etc.

Partially, I think the Lost silver was because of the general Sadness/Hopelessness of it that I guess jarred me, ANYWAYS, Any idea of how to actually get some sleep tonight?

Grinner
2013-03-29, 03:19 AM
The closest thing to a panacea mankind has developed: TV!

Edit: (Nevermind. I shouldn't encourage you.) (It seems I was too late.)

ShadowFireLance
2013-03-29, 03:28 AM
The closest thing to a panacea mankind has developed: TV!

Edit: Also, you simply can't read Squidward's Suicide without the accompanying video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XcozYg1BNw). Sweet dreams. :smallwink:

I am never clicking on that link.
Ever.
I value what little sanity i have left.

Starwulf
2013-03-29, 03:43 AM
lots of funny stuff ^^

I love creepypasta. It's one of the few sites that has good enough material to put chills down my spine every once in a while. Jeff is nowhere near the creepiest stuff on that site, though I would put him probably in the top 20%.

As for getting to sleep....go watch a comedy or something. I tend to not have much issues with that kind of thing, but I'm a massive horror nut, reading, watching, whatever, I love it.

ShadowFireLance
2013-03-29, 03:45 AM
I love creepypasta. It's one of the few sites that has good enough material to put chills down my spine every once in a while. Jeff is nowhere near the creepiest stuff on that site, though I would put him probably in the top 20%.

As for getting to sleep....go watch a comedy or something. I tend to not have much issues with that kind of thing, but I'm a massive horror nut, reading, watching, whatever, I love it.

I suppose jeff got to me because I know someone who actually went insane, soooo....
What would you put in the top 5%?

Grinner
2013-03-29, 04:42 AM
Weird. I hadn't read Jeff the Killer yet, so I did. It was awful. It wasn't so much a descent-into-madness as it was a drop-kick-off-a-cliff-into-madness. The idea was good, but the execution was rather clumsy.

Squidward's Suicide, on the other hand, legitimately frightened me.

Talanic
2013-03-29, 12:24 PM
I'm not that much into Creepypasta, unless you count the SCP files.

I also was recently approached by an indie game developer who wanted to make a game based on something similar to either Slenderman or the Rake, and he wanted me to do the story. Sadly, doesn't seem to have worked out.

ufo
2013-03-29, 02:27 PM
Weird. I hadn't read Jeff the Killer yet, so I did. It was awful. It wasn't so much a descent-into-madness as it was a drop-kick-off-a-cliff-into-madness. The idea was good, but the execution was rather clumsy.

The picture on the Wiki, though. Pretty much made it for me.

Sholos
2013-03-29, 06:04 PM
I envy people who can get creeped out by creepypasta. I really do. I wish I could get that immersed in a story that it actually affected me in such a way. Instead, I find myself simply reading it all the way through and then either shrugging or just dismissing it. I have never read a single thing that actually creeped me out.

Grinner
2013-03-30, 05:39 PM
I envy people who can get creeped out by creepypasta. I really do. I wish I could get that immersed in a story that it actually affected me in such a way. Instead, I find myself simply reading it all the way through and then either shrugging or just dismissing it. I have never read a single thing that actually creeped me out.

I find the trick is to approach it from the viewpoint that it could be real. Don't think of it as "just a story".

This is why I found Jeff the Killer so jarring. It was written in such an incredible manner that the suspension of disbelief just couldn't hold.

Starwulf
2013-03-31, 09:29 AM
I'm not that much into Creepypasta, unless you count the SCP files.

I also was recently approached by an indie game developer who wanted to make a game based on something similar to either Slenderman or the Rake, and he wanted me to do the story. Sadly, doesn't seem to have worked out.

Quick question: Are you aware that the SCP files on creepypasta are just a small fraction of them? and all can be located at the scp-foundation? www.scp-wiki.net ^^ One of the best fanfiction sites out there, highly enjoyable.

Talanic
2013-03-31, 12:15 PM
Oh yes. I have - as far as I know - read all of the individual entries. Not all of the stories though - (although some of them were quite good).

I even tried to make an SCP myself, but left the write-up on a pastebin and got distracted until it expired.