PDA

View Full Version : Need help for Shadow over Innsmouth

Blackhawk748
2013-03-29, 12:43 PM
I plan on running my group through a quest that is similar to Shadow Over Innsmouth by HP Lovecraft, my big problem right now is that i can't decide what creature would best serve as the fish people of dagon. Right now its between Skum, Sahuagin, and Goldfins from Kingdoms of Kalamar. any other suggestions are as always appreciated.

Amnestic
2013-03-29, 12:50 PM
Kuo-Toa and Locathah (MM1) might both work as fish people?

Alefiend
2013-03-29, 01:47 PM
My GM is currently using Skum for a low-level Pathfinder version.

haplessvictim
2013-03-29, 04:21 PM
My GM is currently using Skum for a low-level Pathfinder version.

That's basically the "official" Paizo Deep One monster; as hinted at in flavor text as well as a particular module that I won't mention for fear of spoilers.

Alternately, you could track down the d20 Call of Cthulhu game (no idea if it's covered by OGL) and use the stats for Deep Ones there.

Blackhawk748
2013-03-30, 01:51 AM
i think i might just use all three and use them for various individuals

hamishspence
2013-03-30, 06:35 AM
Dragon Magazine went with Kuo-Toa in it's Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Dagon article, as the "deep one equivalent"- right down to their human hybrid offspring looking human but metamorphosing as they got older.

So there is precedent.

Blackhawk748
2013-03-30, 10:39 AM
alright, kuo toa it is then, now i just need some help with Obed Marsh and his lackeys. (i plan on running them in before all the deep ones actually show up, giving them a chance to stop all the terrible things from happening)