PDA

View Full Version : Just pre-ordered my Spell Compendium reprint!

Flame of Anor
2013-03-29, 04:15 PM
Do we know what other 3.5 books, besides the PHB/MM/DMG, are getting reprinted?

Big Fau
2013-03-29, 05:24 PM
The MiC and Bo9S were extremely popular, and are the next best bets.

Unfortunately, I doubt they are going to reprint later books. I know the reprints come with errata built-in, and they never got around to errataing Magic of Incarnum.

Douglas
2013-03-29, 05:39 PM

<snip> I know the reprints come with errata built-in <snip>
If they do reprint Tome of Battle, any bets on whether it will have the actual errata? They never did fix the screwup on the web site that replaced most of it with Complete Mage errata.

Big Fau
2013-03-29, 05:47 PM
If they do reprint Tome of Battle, any bets on whether it will have the actual errata? They never did fix the screwup on the web site that replaced most of it with Complete Mage errata.

If they reprinted it with the errata as-is, people would be outraged. They'd have less problems if they simply reprinted it pre-errata, and then posted the errata online afterwards.

Pyromancer999
2013-03-29, 06:09 PM

Unfortunately, I doubt they are going to reprint later books. I know the reprints come with errata built-in, and they never got around to errataing Magic of Incarnum.

Confused. Do you mean Magic of Incarnum(MoI) or Magic Item Compendium(MIC)? You say one then mention the other.

Big Fau
2013-03-29, 06:32 PM
Confused. Do you mean Magic of Incarnum(MoI) or Magic Item Compendium(MIC)? You say one then mention the other.

I meant Incarnum for the second part. The MIC is a shoe-in for a reprint. Incarnum wasn't very popular, and demand for a reprint of it is low.

Juntao112
2013-03-29, 06:48 PM

Two books for the price of one!

ZeroSpace9000
2013-03-29, 07:38 PM
A quick google has only found info on the 3.5 core book reprints. Would you be able to post where you found that info on the Spell Compendium reprint, Flame of Anor?

Waspinator
2013-03-29, 08:30 PM
Search for "Premium Dungeons & Dragons 3.5" on Amazon. They're doing the PHB, DMG, MM, Spell Compendium, and Magic Item Compendium.

KillingAScarab
2013-03-29, 10:41 PM
Do we know what other 3.5 books, besides the PHB/MM/DMG, are getting reprinted?WotC offered a survey for what books to reprint, though I do not know where to find the results, if they were ever made public.

I meant Incarnum for the second part. The MIC is a shoe-in for a reprint. Incarnum wasn't very popular, and demand for a reprint of it is low.Grumble, grumble. Also, harumph. *goes back to playing a soulborn*

juicycaboose
2013-03-29, 11:39 PM
I don't believe they were ever made public but it was obvious that SC and MiC would be two of the most voted for (hence why they're both being reprinted!) and it wouldn't surprise me if ToB was just behind the two compendiums, here's hoping for a ToB reprint anyway.

Can't wait for MiC to come out though! June I think?

RedDragons
2013-03-29, 11:54 PM
You mean all this stuff?

http://www.dndclassics.com/index.php?filters=0_0_44702

Flame of Anor
2013-03-30, 12:13 AM
A quick google has only found info on the 3.5 core book reprints. Would you be able to post where you found that info on the Spell Compendium reprint, Flame of Anor?

I ordered it on Amazon, as Waspinator said. :smallwink:

You mean all this stuff?

http://www.dndclassics.com/index.php?filters=0_0_44702

Wow, cool! But why no Complete Champion or Complete Mage?

Edit: wait, those are PDFs, aren't they? I thought they looked suspiciously cheap.

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 12:46 AM
If you can digital copy items for archival, am pretty sure you can print them to if they are digital ;)

Siosilvar
2013-03-30, 12:51 AM
If you can digital copy items for archival, am pretty sure you can print them to if they are digital ;)

Good luck printing a hardcover book without some online help!

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 12:55 AM
paper binding 101 youtube! lol

or just do a ring binder.

Flame of Anor
2013-03-30, 10:58 AM
Meh, hardcover bindings are half the coolness.

Peelee
2013-03-30, 11:01 AM
Grrr! I'm wanting those reprints bad, but my wife and I are saving up for a house. You must let me know if it's wrothwhile when you get it!

Palanan
2013-03-30, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by juicycaboose
Can't wait for MiC to come out though! June I think?

The Premium Magic Item Compendium is scheduled for release on July 16 (http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Dungeons-Dragons-Compendium-Accessory/dp/0786964499/).

*fidgets*

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 11:28 AM
Honestly, I don't know how they feel they can charge so much , over a reprint, and for an out of date system.

I mean I could understand if they were charging that much for a 4e collection, but 3.5 if obviously an inferior earlier version of the game, so the books should be cheaper.

I mean they don't make 3e versions of the books obviously for the same reasons, no one wants them because 3.5 came out, and now 4e game out, making them utterly worthless.:belkar:

Peelee
2013-03-30, 11:54 AM
Honestly, I don't know how they feel they can charge so much , over a reprint, and for an out of date system.

I mean I could understand if they were charging that much for a 4e collection, but 3.5 if obviously an inferior earlier version of the game, so the books should be cheaper.

I mean they don't make 3e versions of the books obviously for the same reasons, no one wants them because 3.5 came out, and now 4e game out, making them utterly worthless.:belkar:

3.5 if obviously an inferior earlier version of the game

....I would vehemently disagree.

danzibr
2013-03-30, 11:59 AM
....I would vehemently disagree.
As would I. And probably most everyone on these boards.

Tanuki Tales
2013-03-30, 12:07 PM
As would I. And probably most everyone on these boards.

Thems are definitely fighting words.

On topic:

While nice to see, Wizards of the Coast has pretty much lost my money (directly at least) for good ever since the 4th edition PR fiasco. I own most of the books anyways and can get the others through Ebay, Amazon, etc. Why should I pay for reprints that will go into their pocket instead of another gamer's through second hand shopping?

BowStreetRunner
2013-03-30, 12:34 PM
They should just do a full release of all of the 3.5 books as digital reprints with errata and leave it at that. Clean up all of the errors and move on.

Phelix-Mu
2013-03-30, 01:04 PM
Thems are definitely fighting words.

On topic:

While nice to see, Wizards of the Coast has pretty much lost my money (directly at least) for good ever since the 4th edition PR fiasco. I own most of the books anyways and can get the others through Ebay, Amazon, etc. Why should I pay for reprints that will go into their pocket instead of another gamer's through second hand shopping?

I will toast to this sentiment. I was irritated by the swift 3.0 to 3.5, after AD&D stretched for more than a decade. But I coped (eventually), and bought most of 3.5 stuff that I liked (somewhat irritated that everything cost twice as much as when I started playing).

When 4e came out, I was apoplectic. Not only did the new system have no standard for updating my campaign world, it introduced some new and rather non-retro-compatible stuff that, while cool, changed a good bit of the game. Also, the core setting was now some weird amalgam of stuff, very hard to mesh with earlier editions. Anyway, I was angry, and a little heartbroken, since 3.5 really had lots of room for expansion and improvement. Hooray for irrational responses, I know, but this is how I felt at the time.

Fast forward and 4e is not what they hoped. 5e is announced; I laughed.

While I am eager to see any changes in the updated material, the truth is that they probably put a minimal editing budget behind these reprints, and so I will put a minimal budget behind buying them. I expect some errata included, typos fixed, and so forth, but nothing worth over $100 dollars and more. I can't be bothered to care what WotC publishes these days, not least because it will be on the net within 3-4 months.

They should just do a full release of all of the 3.5 books as digital reprints with errata and leave it at that. Clean up all of the errors and move on.

Cleaning up all of the errors would cost money on their part, and I'm guessing they didn't sink Fort Knox into this effort.

TheFallenOne
2013-03-30, 01:13 PM
Hrm, I've long been trying to get my hands on a physical copy of SC and MIC. Can't find the reprints on the German amazon yet though.
I see the PHB, DMG and MM reprints, but they cost more in € there than they do in $ at amazon.com :smallmad:

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 01:18 PM
utterly worthless.:belkar:

:belkar: <---------------sarcasm warning

Flame of Anor
2013-03-30, 01:57 PM
Why should I pay for reprints that will go into their pocket instead of another gamer's through second hand shopping?

1. They're cheaper and in better condition.

2. There will be more total books in existence when all is said and done.

3. It will tell Wizards that people are still interested in 3.5.

Palanan
2013-03-30, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu
Fast forward and 4e is not what they hoped. 5e is announced; I laughed.

I'm with you on this. I didn't actually laugh, but close. Haven't cared enough to even look at a playtest.

Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales
Why should I pay for reprints that will go into their pocket instead of another gamer's through second hand shopping?

Certainly a fair question. I haven't bothered with the premium core books because mine are still in good condition.

But I really, really like hardcopy books, and the MIC is one that I intend to be flipping through quite a lot. Same goes for the Spell Compendium. With these two, unlike the vast majority of other 3.5 books, you're almost guaranteed to find something catchy, good or useful on every single page. They're two of the most information-dense books in the 3.5 landscape.

I'd never pay the original cover price, much less the premium reprint price, for something like Frostburn or Races of the Wild, because I really don't need dozens of pages of badly written generic fluff telling me how to think like a gnome or whatever.* The MIC and Spell Compendium are far more useful to me.

Also, finding secondhand hardcopies for less than $72.84 can be a bit of a chore, and they're not always in the condition you hope for. Sometimes it's nice to splurge a little and get something purty.

:smalltongue:

*Ordinarily I dislike using the term "fluff," but in this case there's no better descriptor available, apart from the more cumbersome "desperately sad waste of ink and plantation-grown trees."

Susano-wo
2013-03-30, 02:58 PM
read title--squealed with glee. Thought, "finally! I can pick up MIC and Spell Compendium for under 50 bucks[screw you internet!], and stop constantly using my friend's!"

Then I read the price tag. Damned vultures. Aint gonna give em a dime. Its ridiculous, and I'm certainly not giving them more money to let them know that I am still interested in 3.5(though I'm actually a PF fan)--their sales figures can tell them that. 5E is proof that they know they lost a lot of their fan base with 4E(or rather the semi-crowdsourced, we're going to try to fit all kinds of gaming styles under one system approach proves that)

Waspinator
2013-03-30, 03:24 PM
The Spell and Magic Item Compendiums are $33 each on Amazon, BTW.

Tanuki Tales
2013-03-30, 05:16 PM
1. They're cheaper and in better condition.

2. There will be more total books in existence when all is said and done.

3. It will tell Wizards that people are still interested in 3.5.

I think you missed my point.

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 05:22 PM
I think you missed everyone's point, if you won't buy something because it would support the company that made it, then why would you buy it from another gamer anyways..... to play the game they did.

Tanuki Tales
2013-03-30, 05:27 PM
I think you missed everyone's point, if you won't buy something because it would support the company that made it, then why would you buy it from another gamer anyways..... to play the game they did.

Because then I'm not directly supporting the company by giving them new revenue? :smallconfused:

WotC already got their pound of flesh when the person who bought it first hand got the book originally. Me buying it second hand in no way gives them more money.

Also, folks generally use blue text when they're being sarcastic, by the by.

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 05:36 PM
:O , no one knows who belkar is now?

Tanuki Tales
2013-03-30, 05:43 PM
:O , no one knows who belkar is now?

They do, it's just something that at least the entire Gaming subforum (I believe Gaming Other does it, but I don't hang out there as often) uses ever since Seerow started it.

Codenpeg
2013-03-30, 11:46 PM
I don't know why they don't have more bundles and better savings on the bundles for their PDFs. I'll keep watching.

Flame of Anor
2013-03-30, 11:50 PM
Then I read the price tag. Damned vultures. Aint gonna give em a dime.

What are you on about? Thirty spondulicks is an entirely reasonable price.

Because then I'm not directly supporting the company by giving them new revenue? :smallconfused:

Some of us don't actually mind supporting Wizards. A few of us might even consider being grateful to them for the game we love.

Susano-wo
2013-04-01, 09:10 PM
the list price is $50. They're billing it as a premium edition ,and charging extra money for it, with little to no extra value added. (though Amazon *is* 35 or so). This just pisses me off. Its trying to squeeze money out of it like wringing a mop.

And I am not grateful to Wotc for anything. If the money were going into the pockets of the designers, maybe that would be different. Instead this is going to the company (though I don't know if/how much royalty any of the contributors make off of it, the point is that its still largely company profit)

Flame of Anor
2013-04-01, 10:31 PM
the list price is $50. They're billing it as a premium edition ,and charging extra money for it, with little to no extra value added. (though Amazon *is* 35 or so).

Amazon's price is 30. Why do you care what the MSRP is if you don't have to pay it?

This just pisses me off. Its trying to squeeze money out of it like wringing a mop.

Wow! A for-profit company is trying to make money? The nerve of those bastards!

And I am not grateful to Wotc for anything. If the money were going into the pockets of the designers, maybe that would be different. Instead this is going to the company (though I don't know if/how much royalty any of the contributors make off of it, the point is that its still largely company profit)

Oh, boo-hoo. It's not like Monte, Skip, and Jonathan just snapped their fingers and invented Third Edition, and then the evil Wizards stole it from them and now give them a bare pittance to live on. Designers need support staff, or they wouldn't be working with them. You're denying money to the ordinary guys who made Third Edition possible, even if they don't have their names in big print on the first page.

Eslin
2013-04-01, 10:47 PM
Well, this is a dream come true. I'll buy SC, ToB and MiC without a second's hesitation. Anyone know which ones they're doing?

(I'm privately hoping for a fixed ToM - binder was fantastic, but the other 2/3 of the book is useless. I'd love a ToM with better shadowcaster and truenamer rules, however)

Tanuki Tales
2013-04-01, 11:08 PM
Some of us don't actually mind supporting Wizards. A few of us might even consider being grateful to them for the game we love.

With the caveat that you mean Third edition specifically. Because people grateful for the existence of Dungeons and Dragons period sure don't owe thanks to WotC.

They get their credit for making third edition (kind of. They honestly could have put more effort into making it a better product), but they lose any respect and thanks from me for how they treated us going into 4th edition.

I'd rather see them put more effort into reprinting Second edition entirely and such than see them throw us some 3rd edition bones.

Flame of Anor
2013-04-01, 11:28 PM
Well, this is a dream come true. I'll buy SC, ToB and MiC without a second's hesitation. Anyone know which ones they're doing?

(I'm privately hoping for a fixed ToM - binder was fantastic, but the other 2/3 of the book is useless. I'd love a ToM with better shadowcaster and truenamer rules, however)

The three core books, plus Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium. Maybe more.

With the caveat that you mean Third edition specifically. Because people grateful for the existence of Dungeons and Dragons period sure don't owe thanks to WotC.

I do mean Third Edition.

they lose any respect and thanks from me for how they treated us going into 4th edition.

That was bad, yeah. But when all is said and done, we wouldn't have Third Edition if not for them--no matter how rude they were afterwards.

Susano-wo
2013-04-02, 12:28 AM
yeah... notice I used a metaphor that indicated more than simply making profit. reprinting at, say original list price would be a-ok, and would actually generate good will on my part. gouging me generates the opposite. go figure. [I care about the MSRP because that's what Wizards is trying to get out of the book. other people offering it for less doesn't change that]

And the fact that they are a for profit company (and a fairly large one at that) is why I don't feel grateful to them. Its not like they looked down upon the earth and thought, let us bring the DnD to the people. They funded something that they thought would make money. Not saying that is bad, just saying that its nothing to feel grateful to them for.

I feel grateful for Gygax, Arneson, Monte, and anyone else who worked to make Dnd, because we may not even have the hobby without them, and because I do really like the game, even with its flaws. The company that bankrolled them? I care as much for them as they care for me. :D

nobodez
2013-04-02, 12:40 AM
yeah... notice I used a metaphor that indicated more than simply making profit. reprinting at, say original list price would be a-ok, and would actually generate good will on my part. gouging me generates the opposite. go figure. [I care about the MSRP because that's what Wizards is trying to get out of the book. other people offering it for less doesn't change that]

Actually, the MSRP is a price that allows WotC to produce the book for a set fraction of the MSRP, and the distributor distribute it for another set fraction, and then the retailer make their profit out of the remaining fraction of that MSRP. Amazon, since they don't exactly have a business model (at least not one that makes a proportionate amount of money), doesn't care about the retailer percentage, since by doing things in bulk, they don't have as much overhead.

Since my mother got underbid when she tried to buy the FLGS, I never actually learned the true percentages that made up the Publisher/Distributor/Retailer profit dynamic.

Eslin
2013-04-02, 12:47 AM

They get their credit for making third edition (kind of. They honestly could have put more effort into making it a better product), but they lose any respect and thanks from me for how they treated us going into 4th edition.

I'd rather see them put more effort into reprinting Second edition entirely and such than see them throw us some 3rd edition bones.

I don't get it. I didn't like 4th edition (too gamist, not simulationist enough) but I don't recall any bad treatment of their customers.

TypoNinja
2013-04-02, 04:41 AM

I'm still waiting for a Big Book of Feats dammit.

Seriously, I would commit felonies for a complete feat collection.

I don't get it. I didn't like 4th edition (too gamist, not simulationist enough) but I don't recall any bad treatment of their customers.

After printing a 3.5 the switch to 4th, which unlike pathfinder didn't try to preserve compatibility is a bit of a slap in the face to those of us with a bookshelf full of hardcovers.

Probably why pathfinder outsold 4th from the get go.

In my opinion focusing on published adventures, and perhaps an attempt at making Epic level play more possible would have been a better move.

Eslin
2013-04-02, 04:50 AM
I'm still waiting for a Big Book of Feats dammit.

Seriously, I would commit felonies for a complete feat collection.

After printing a 3.5 the switch to 4th, which unlike pathfinder didn't try to preserve compatibility is a bit of a slap in the face to those of us with a bookshelf full of hardcovers.

Probably why pathfinder outsold 4th from the get go.

But pathfinder is basically 3.5 with minor changes. And keeping characters compatible with 3.5 while changing enough stuff to make an actual new edition would be almost impossible - I love 3.5, but it's complicated as hell.

Find me a way to represent my half minotaur quasilycanthrope incarnate construct warforged binder/cleric/crusader in an edition that isn't virtually identical to 3.5

TypoNinja
2013-04-02, 04:59 AM
But pathfinder is basically 3.5 with minor changes. And keeping characters compatible with 3.5 while changing enough stuff to make an actual new edition would be almost impossible - I love 3.5, but it's complicated as hell.

Find me a way to represent my half minotaur quasilycanthrope incarnate construct warforged binder/cleric/crusader in an edition that isn't virtually identical to 3.5

It'd be redundant to try, any system that can represent something that unique without resorting to DM fiat would be just as complex.

I think they needed to keep the system virtually identical. I've got over a grand on my bookshelf if we go by cover price, and my collection is nowhere close to complete. Trying to tell me that all that money spent should be now be tossed just aint gonna happen. 3.5 Just has that much momentum.

Eslin
2013-04-02, 06:18 AM
You're ignoring the fact that the reason 4th came out is 3.5 didn't really have anywhere else to go.

While I wouldn't have minded a couple of ToB-esque splatbooks, 3.5 was pretty much done - they added a massive amount of content and filled in all the holes that could be filled, and the major flaws couldn't be fixed without rewriting the game, which is the point of a new edition.

Then they did just that and made a new, different edition, to try it a way they hadn't tried before. I'm not seeing the problem here, that's exactly how I'd want them to operate. They tried it, it wasn't so great, they took the lessons learned and are now busily trying to make 5e awesome - again, exactly how I would want such a company to do things.

I'm not seeing a problem anywhere here.

nobodez
2013-04-02, 11:08 AM
You're ignoring the fact that the reason 4th came out is 3.5 didn't really have anywhere else to go.

While I wouldn't have minded a couple of ToB-esque splatbooks, 3.5 was pretty much done - they added a massive amount of content and filled in all the holes that could be filled, and the major flaws couldn't be fixed without rewriting the game, which is the point of a new edition.

Then they did just that and made a new, different edition, to try it a way they hadn't tried before. I'm not seeing the problem here, that's exactly how I'd want them to operate. They tried it, it wasn't so great, they took the lessons learned and are now busily trying to make 5e awesome - again, exactly how I would want such a company to do things.

I'm not seeing a problem anywhere here.

And this is why I personally didn't have a problem with 4E. Yeah, aside from the "Feat and Skill Compendium", they put out pretty much everything they could for v.3.5.

I think what people comparing 3rd to 2nd don't remember is that WotC, unlike TSR, had money to throw at the development cycle. Each book had a better production value and they were putting out something like four or five books a year (compare to the year wait to get the DMG after the 2E PHB was printed).

Tanuki Tales
2013-04-02, 11:30 AM

Go look up one of the old edition war threads and you'll see the laundry list. Among other things, they basically called people who played the older editions "losers" and griping "trolls".

Big Fau
2013-04-02, 12:01 PM
Go look up one of the old edition war threads and you'll see the laundry list. Among other things, they basically called people who played the older editions "losers" and griping "trolls".

At least they didn't ban beta testers for offering constructive critiques about their system.

Tanuki Tales
2013-04-02, 12:29 PM
At least they didn't ban beta testers for offering constructive critiques about their system.

Can we not turn a thread that didn't even become about Pathfinder except in a recent tangent into a "hate on Pathfinder" thread? Please?

Flame of Anor
2013-04-02, 03:09 PM

Well, replacing 3.5 after only five years was a bit of a dirty trick.

Tanuki Tales
2013-04-02, 03:34 PM
I will say this:

If they reprint Tome of Magic and actually make the Shadowcaster a better class and/or fix the Truenamer, I will give them my money and some begrudged respect over just that.

Tome of Magic was one of my favorite books, but I feel like the mechanics fell quite shy of the awesome fluff.

Waddacku
2013-04-02, 04:57 PM
Well, replacing 3.5 after only five years was a bit of a dirty trick.

That's hardly anything out of the usual, as far as RPGs go. DnD has had less editions than a great many other systems, and that's including the ones that weren't numbered.

Honestly, I'm confused here. What does what people were saying in edition war threads have to do with company actions? They don't represent WotC. Their advertising did say things about 3.x being worse than what they were making, but that's unrelated to said threads.

Tanuki Tales
2013-04-02, 06:06 PM
Honestly, I'm confused here. What does what people were saying in edition war threads have to do with company actions? They don't represent WotC. Their advertising did say things about 3.x being worse than what they were making, but that's unrelated to said threads.

That isn't what I said and if that's what can be construed from what I said, it's not what I meant.

Those things weren't said by people in the threads, those were things said by Wizards themselves. It's just something that would be brought up in Edition War threads as ammo against 4th edition. I don't personally know every PR blunder that Wizards made back then off the top of my head.

Eslin
2013-04-02, 09:25 PM
I will say this:

If they reprint Tome of Magic and actually make the Shadowcaster a better class and/or fix the Truenamer, I will give them my money and some begrudged respect over just that.

Tome of Magic was one of my favorite books, but I feel like the mechanics fell quite shy of the awesome fluff.

Infinite amount of agreement. A book with awesome fluff, three new classes with entirely new subsystems that all had a bunch of options making them mechanically interesting to play is my idea of heaven, it's just a pity they messed up 2/3 subsystems. The groundwork's all there, just de-complicate shadowcasting and give them more spells per day and rejig how truenaming works and I will gladly throw any amount of money at them.

Octopusapult
2013-04-03, 04:24 AM
:belkar: <---------------sarcasm warning

I got the joke. Not that it looks like anyone else did. Sticks in the mud I tell 'ya.

Back when I was making a respectable amount of money, I bought this laptop and every PDF I could find for 3.5. Between friends sending me a few of their copies (which I never questioned the legitimacy of, even if some of them appear photocopied, something about a gift horses mouth.) and the ones I got myself, I've got somewhere around 80 books. Almost all of which I've read. Almost 2 of which I've retained information from.

I literally gave away my tangible copies. So these reprints mean very little to me. Especially since I've decided to accept 5e for whatever shortcomings it presents and give it a good old fashioned honest try, unlike I did for 4e (and I regret nothing.)

Susano-wo
2013-04-03, 06:11 PM
yeah, I forgot to mention, but I got the joke, the grin of Belkar's face said it all :P

And I am withholding judgement on 5E, but I havent written it off. I like the idea of magic items not being necessary, and the idea of bounded accuracy. now I'm just hoping they can make it work

Starbuck_II
2013-04-03, 11:00 PM

Nah, they had room:
1) ToB-splats
2) Book of Ultimate Balance (Neutral version of Book of Exalted Deeds and Vile Darkness)
3) PHB 3: a few more class ideas exists (look at cool stuff they invented in 4e like Warden, etc)
4) DMG 3: An examination of how they used to balance (old roles of Wizard as danage dealer, etc), new balance (realizing they can do other stuff)
And how to help DM balance both rule methods.

mattie_p
2013-04-13, 09:52 PM
So I just picked up a copy of the 3.5 Spell Compendium from my local gaming shop. As I do not have a copy of the old SC, I cannot compare notes. If you wish, post questions regarding published errata and I'll let you know if they made it in.

Eslin
2013-04-13, 10:20 PM
Does the nerveskitter entry include a sentence saying that it can be used flat footed?

mattie_p
2013-04-14, 06:40 AM
Does the nerveskitter entry include a sentence saying that it can be used flat footed?

Yes, it contains the following text:

Unlike other immediate actions, you can cast this spell while flat-footed.

Flame of Anor
2013-04-17, 02:23 AM
And here it is! :smallsmile:

http://i.imgur.com/WkumC0V.jpg

TypoNinja
2013-04-17, 02:33 AM
Nah, they had room:
1) ToB-splats
2) Book of Ultimate Balance (Neutral version of Book of Exalted Deeds and Vile Darkness)
3) PHB 3: a few more class ideas exists (look at cool stuff they invented in 4e like Warden, etc)
4) DMG 3: An examination of how they used to balance (old roles of Wizard as danage dealer, etc), new balance (realizing they can do other stuff)
And how to help DM balance both rule methods.

Let's not forget a 3.5 ELH and an attempt to make Epic play not horribly unbalanced.

Eslin
2013-04-17, 04:01 AM
Wouldn't work. Gameplay imbalance strikes pretty fast past 6, gets absolutely ridiculous by mid teens and is completely out of the question past twenty.