PDA

View Full Version : silly magic items

Immabozo
2013-03-29, 06:04 PM
Whats the silliest magic item you have tried to use in a game? Regardless if the DM approved it or not. This could be broken silly, silly silly, or that's so bad its silly.

ArcturusV
2013-03-29, 06:13 PM
Staff of Final Strike.

I made a staff with 100 charges that did absolutely nothing but a Final Strike.

The Trickster
2013-03-29, 06:37 PM
The Forget-Me Stick. With a quick tap, it makes the person completly forget what they were doing. It had some funny results.:smalltongue:

Medic!
2013-03-29, 07:01 PM
The Naked Gnome Lightsaber: Had a naked gnome jump out of a chest one time in a random-setting 3.5 game and punch my bard/fighter in the crotch. Upon searching the corpse we discovered a brilliant energy greatsword.

Upon looting said greatsword, the tiny naked gnome turned into a clothed kobold.

Upon wielding said greatsword....yeah. Naked Gnome.

We actually got a ton of use out of the Naked Gnome Lightsaber by leaving it with the guy guarding our undercover caravan while the rest of the party went inside the villain's chateau to negotiate wine-prices. We wore Bracelets of Spell-sharing with specific instructions: If there's trouble, use the NGL.

When I randomly turned into a naked gnome during a chess game with the bad-guy, it was "Sorry, gotta go!" ZOOooommmm!

Immabozo
2013-03-30, 02:34 PM
The Naked Gnome Lightsaber: Had a naked gnome jump out of a chest one time in a random-setting 3.5 game and punch my bard/fighter in the crotch. Upon searching the corpse we discovered a brilliant energy greatsword.

Upon looting said greatsword, the tiny naked gnome turned into a clothed kobold.

Upon wielding said greatsword....yeah. Naked Gnome.

We actually got a ton of use out of the Naked Gnome Lightsaber by leaving it with the guy guarding our undercover caravan while the rest of the party went inside the villain's chateau to negotiate wine-prices. We wore Bracelets of Spell-sharing with specific instructions: If there's trouble, use the NGL.

When I randomly turned into a naked gnome during a chess game with the bad-guy, it was "Sorry, gotta go!" ZOOooommmm!

this is brilliant!

Gildedragon
2013-03-30, 04:36 PM
Amulet of the Crab
Allows you to burrow five feet into the ground for up to 1hr, without asphyxiation risk

mattie_p
2013-03-30, 04:46 PM
Here you go. (http://rustyandco.com/extras/magicitemgenerator/)

Courtesy of Rusty and Co (http://rustyandco.com/comic/level-1-title/). (No relation).

tim01300
2013-03-30, 05:05 PM
I once gave players a belt that instantly grew them a massive mountain man style beard when it was put on.

Derpldorf
2013-03-30, 05:38 PM
Schrodingers banana peel - a cursed banana that always seems to be under foot. 1/minute it will subject a random party member to a single target grease effect.

ACSherman
2013-03-30, 07:24 PM
In a campaign I DMed last year, our half-orc Barbarian found and wore nothing but the Codpiece of Attention (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Codpiece_of_Attention_(3.5e_Equipment)) which they found in a dungeon. With it, he started a nation of warriors and became a beloved ruler.