PDA

View Full Version : Aberrations that Heal

Ammutseba
2013-03-29, 08:58 PM
Specifically, which aberrations would be the best healers? Not aberrations with class levels, just the monsters themselves. Do any aberrations have powers and abilities that would make them excellent healers?

A_S
2013-03-29, 10:31 PM
Driders can cast spells as level 6 clerics. Could be worse.

Urpriest
2013-03-29, 10:44 PM
Driders can cast spells as level 6 clerics. Could be worse.

...ugh, really, Driders too? Sorry, I'm annoyed at WotC for making things like Naga Aberrations, when by all rights they, like Sphinxes and Lammasus, should be Magical Beasts. I mean, they make a bit more sense as Aberrations, but still, compared to the others...

Anyway, anything with Manifesting (lots of Illithid-based things, mostly) can pick up healing powers. If you want to stray from casting, it's trickier...

Sithilar can do Polymorph Any Object essentially at-will. Since it's based on Polymorph, that can heal...among other things.

Runestar
2013-03-29, 11:13 PM
Mindflayers can planeshift allies to the positive energy plane...:smalltongue:

TuggyNE
2013-03-29, 11:48 PM
Mindflayers can planeshift allies to the positive energy plane...:smalltongue:

That's a save-or-lose-and-heal-and-then-die, not a straight-forward healing. :smalltongue:

Ammutseba
2013-03-30, 12:25 AM
These pickin's are certainly slim! In fact, on a detailed look, although they are technically capable of healing, it's either a light but slightly funky cheese or it's spellcasting. That is... interesting.

Continuing interest in options for healing aberrations... the only thing I've really found so far is Ragnorra, which is a bit out of the scope... of nearly anything.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-30, 01:26 AM
Give them all the feat Tomb-Tainted Soul in LM (for 'story reasons' if necessary), and use Gauth Beholders' Inflict Moderate Wounds for 2d8+8 healing at will.

Runestar
2013-03-30, 11:08 AM
That's a save-or-lose-and-heal-and-then-die, not a straight-forward healing. :smalltongue:

Allies can voluntarily fail the saving throw. After everyone is healed, the mind flyer then plane shifts everyone out. :smalltongue:

It probably sounds a lot better than it works. :smallsigh: