PDA

View Full Version : Wondrous Items?

ThatGuyOvaThere
2013-03-29, 09:11 PM
I'm looking for cool and/or useful wondrous items. I'm playing a monk 9 equivalent tattooed monk 4 monk 5. Is there anything any of you can think of that would be worth wiled having?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-29, 09:16 PM
You could put a Monk's Belt (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#beltMonks) on a completely different 9th level character (maybe a Fighter or a Cleric, or even a Druid) and forget about wasting levels on the Monk class.

Namfuak
2013-03-29, 09:20 PM
Necklace of Natural Attacks (Savage Species) - Allows you to enchant your natural attacks (including your unarmed strike).

Anklet of Translocation (MIC) - allows you to teleport 10 feet as a swift action 2/day. Great for moving and still full-attacking, or as a get-out-of-grapple free card. Only 1,400 gold.

Actually, the magic item compendium has quite a few neat things, some of the sets are really awesome too, Fleet Warrior's Array in particular should be in your price range and gives you a lot of extra movement options (freedom of movement 3/day, dimension door 1/day).

You could put a Monk's Belt (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#beltMonks) on a completely different 9th level character (maybe a Fighter or a Cleric, or even a Druid) and forget about wasting levels on the Monk class.

While that's correct, it's not very helpful for the thread. We don't even know if he is already playing this character or is making it.

ArcturusV
2013-03-29, 09:24 PM
Well, one I don't usually see mentioned is the Eight Diagram Coins. Always useful though, and neat. And probably not something your group sees all too often so you get kind of that "Huh... neat." factor as you surprise them with something they forgot/don't know about.

ThatGuyOvaThere
2013-03-29, 11:00 PM
Well, one I don't usually see mentioned is the Eight Diagram Coins. Always useful though, and neat. And probably not something your group sees all too often so you get kind of that "Huh... neat." factor as you surprise them with something they forgot/don't know about.

What do they do?

ArcturusV
2013-03-29, 11:15 PM
Cheap item that does a 1/day Augury, or in the greater version, a 1/day Divination.

Which is something I always find useful. I cannot begin to estimate the amount of trouble they have saved characters in my games.