PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Wander Build of choice?

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 12:31 AM
So here we go, Mystic Wanderer, the odd step child of the PRC kingdom that a few folks have forgotten about.

Here is the basic gist.

You arn't religious as much as you are spiritual, you think big box stores are not really what your god wants, and wander around going about the free willed empowerment of your god.

Benefits of the PRC:

Full Casting Progression

CHA to AC, if you are unarmored

You gain a Familiar

The ability to make potions that are of arcane spells, even though you are a divine caster.

Skill focuse on herbalist and nature knowledge checks

Attune Gem Feat * look that up am not describing it*

+2 bonus against charm affects

A free brew potions feat

**timeless body wooodeedee doo**

An a handful of once a day spell like abilities that are of the following , Sleep , suggestion, Charm Monster, Mass Charm

Only a 2nd level divine caster entry point, so you can multi class a little if you feel like it.

The down side to all this thou......

Wizard BAB SLA's and CHA to armor only work when not wearing armor.

only +2 skill points per level

Somewhat wacky if still fitting the flavor of the PRC skill points acquirement.
Requiring small dabbles of points into rarly used things like , Profession herbalist, alchemy , and out of the way things like perform.

So am sort of juggling this, what do you think, if you have good all around stats this lil beast calls for? Divine Bard, cloistered cleric??, or maybe even a favored soul?

Urpriest
2013-03-30, 12:33 AM
I like it as a Divine entry to Fleshwarper. Since it grants a familiar to a Divine class, you can get in with, say, an Archivist without losing caster levels.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-30, 01:23 AM
My old Knight of the Unseelie Court build used this:

Gloura (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e), +2 LA/ Fey 7/ Cobra-Strike Monk 2/ Fighter 2/ Arcane Duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a) 3/ Blackguard 3/ Mystic Wanderer 1, with the feat Ascetic Mage.
That gets its Cha bonus to saves twice (race, Blackguard) and to AC four times (race, monk, arcane duelist, mystic wanderer). With Shock Trooper and a dive attack for double damage with a piercing weapon, plus Dextrous Attack from Arcane Duelist for some two-handed Power Attack shenanigans, it's actually a credible threat while maintaining unnecessarily high AC and save numbers.

SilverLeaf167
2013-03-30, 12:31 PM
The class seems neat, but where is it from?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-30, 12:38 PM
The class seems neat, but where is it from?

Magic of Faerun, it's easy to find this sort of thing for yourself (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/lists).

RedDragons
2013-03-30, 08:51 PM
Hmm, I was hoping for more inspirational lol

RedDragons
2013-03-31, 02:02 PM
I like it as a Divine entry to Fleshwarper. Since it grants a familiar to a Divine class, you can get in with, say, an Archivist without losing caster levels.

I was a bit wrong, that was a bit inspirational, as I can get into some good stuff with that. Although, am going to be using the picture in the PRC as the way to say to my DM, see I can perform surgery on myself.