PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a compulsion build

Faerron
2013-03-30, 07:37 AM
So, as the title suggests, I'm looking for suggestions or idea's or pointers in the right direction to make a thematical caster.
I'm a big fan of the idea of walking around, shouting one word at someone and it happening. Spells like command, hold person or power word stun etc is what I had in mind.

I have been turning these idea's over and over in my mind but I honestly can't think of a way to make them work without being terribly ineffective. Clearly de power words lack a certain power due to being hit point dependant but have great flare so I would like to incorporate them if possible. The same could be said for holy word but that would lock you down the divine route and I want to keep my options open for now.
Still spell could eleviate some troubles but I really am wondering what the other great brains of this forum thinks.

yours truly,

A humble gamer

StreamOfTheSky
2013-03-30, 01:32 PM
So, as the title suggests, I'm looking for suggestions or idea's or pointers in the right direction to make a thematical caster.
I'm a big fan of the idea of walking around, shouting one word at someone and it happening. Spells like command, hold person or power word stun etc is what I had in mind.

I have been turning these idea's over and over in my mind but I honestly can't think of a way to make them work without being terribly ineffective. Clearly de power words lack a certain power due to being hit point dependant but have great flare so I would like to incorporate them if possible. The same could be said for holy word but that would lock you down the divine route and I want to keep my options open for now.
Still spell could eleviate some troubles but I really am wondering what the other great brains of this forum thinks.

yours truly,

A humble gamer

I'd suggest starting with a Beguiler or a Telepath Psion, their spell/power lists offer a lot of good controlling effects. If Beguiler, dip Mindbender 1 for telepathy 100 ft and take Mindsight (not sure if psions can do this). If the Telepath, go into Thrallherd to get a whole bunch of mind slaves.