PDA

View Full Version : Kid-themed Campaign

Kesnit
2006-11-17, 11:13 AM
I posted this in the general gaming forum, then decided it fits better here.

One of the players in my 3.5 group seems to know all the books by heart. In an attempt to keep him on his toes, I’m putting together a campaign where appearances mean nothing. Going off the idea of C.U.T.E., I decided all my monsters are going to be based on childhood things. All items will have reach, stats, and abilities equal to the D&D rules, but nothing will look like what it is.

I have some ideas, but need some help on others. Any 3.5 book is fair game.

ARMOR
Padded = Bathing suit
Hide = T-shirt and shorts
Leather = T-shirt and jeans
Studded leather = Long-sleeved T-shirt and jeans
Chain shirt = Soccer pads
Chainmail = Sweatshirt and jeans
Breastplate = Sweatshirt and sweatpants
There is another armor that I can’t remember the name of that will be a Snowsuit
Half-plate = (American) Football pads
Full-plate = Superman suit
Monk’s Robe = Karate suit

Capes = Bedsheets

Ideas for mages robes? Or any other armor/clothing that I haven’t thought of?

WEAPONS
Longsword = Paper towel roll
Short sword = Toilet paper roll
Dagger = Pine cone
Rapier = Pencil
Greatsword = Stick
Crossbow = Cap gun
Long/short bow = Pea shooter

I have no idea what to use for an Axe or a Hammer. Ideas?

MONSTERS
Most of the battles will be kids with class levels equipped as above.

Smurfs (with blue and white caps) will be blue and white juvenile dragons. There will be a Red Dragon (a little older) represented as Papa Smurf. This is the exception to my comment above about having all the same stats. In this case, they will be Small creatures (Papa will be Medium).

Transformers will be Golems.

Green Army Men will be kobolds (leveled up some to make them a challenge)

Jell-o will be Ooze

I’m leaning towards making Pillows be Slime, but am open to better suggestions.

I’d like to use a Slinky for something, but don’t know what. Of course, other ideas are appreciated.

FINAL BATTLES
There will be three final monsters. They will have time to rest, heal, and replenish spells between the first and second. I’ll have something happen between the second and third that will allow them to heal and replenish.

First: Human male wizard (necromancer). Appearance hasn’t been set yet, but nothing too crazy. This is the character the party has been hired to rescue. He is the local lord, but when his father died when he was a baby, Daddy’s advisers stepped in as Regents. However, the Regents brainwashed the boy and turned him Evil. He will surrender to the party rather than fight to the death.

Second (First Regent): Female Human Fighter/Blackguard/Thrall of Orcas. Dressed as Betty Crocker in an Apron (Full Plate) with an Unholy Avenger Wooden Spoon (Longsword) and Pot Lid (Heavy Shield).

Third (Second Regent): Need some help here. I know Male Human (Lich template) Wizard. I would like to give him some other base or prestige classes since he is the final fight and they will have already beaten a wizard. He will be called “Big Brother” throughout the adventure. He’ll be dressed in a 3-piece suit and tie.

XtheYeti
2006-11-17, 12:58 PM
I posted this in the general gaming forum, then decided it fits better here.

ARMOR
Padded = Bathing suit
Hide = T-shirt and shorts
Leather = T-shirt and jeans
Studded leather = Long-sleeved T-shirt and jeans
Chain shirt = Soccer pads
Chainmail = Sweatshirt and jeans
Breastplate = Sweatshirt and sweatpants
There is another armor that I can’t remember the name of that will be a Snowsuit
Scale mail
Half-plate = (American) Football pads
Full-plate = Superman suit
Monk’s Robe = Karate suit

Capes = Bedsheets

Ideas for mages robes? Or any other armor/clothing that I haven’t thought of?
Pajamas

WEAPONS
Longsword = Paper towel roll
Short sword = Toilet paper roll
Dagger = Pine cone
Wands = Pencil
Greatsword = Stick
Crossbow = Cap gun
Long/short bow = Pea shooter

I have no idea what to use for an Axe or a Hammer. Ideas?
Hammer/Axe = Those toy doctor reflex testers

MONSTERS
Most of the battles will be kids with class levels equipped as above.

Smurfs (with blue and white caps) will be blue and white juvenile dragons. There will be a Red Dragon (a little older) represented as Papa Smurf. This is the exception to my comment above about having all the same stats. In this case, they will be Small creatures (Papa will be Medium).

Transformers will be Golems.

Green Army Men will be Orcs (leveled up some to make them a challenge)

Jell-o will be Ooze

I’m leaning towards making Pillows be Slime, but am open to better suggestions.

I’d like to use a Slinky for something, but don’t know what. Of course, other ideas are appreciated. Frost wurm?

This will make the kids laugh

Larrin
2006-11-17, 02:37 PM
(you may want to check the other one anyway, because it has several more replies, here was mine)

Barbarin=farm boy/girl
bard=silly songs singer (with sing-a-long powers)
Druid=happy camper
Ranger=boy scout/girl scout
cleric=Worry wart (alwys prepared for what goes wrong, turn undead=scream hysterically)
fighter=bully
paladin=tattle tale (with telling mom=smite evil, he tattles on the bad guys, not the other players)
rogue=mischief maker
wzard=smarty pants
sorceror=day dreamer

spell caster level=reading level (?)

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-17, 03:38 PM
May I point you to the Cute Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10209)? Don't mean to be rude, just trying to help.

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-17, 06:42 PM
May I point you to the Cute Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10209)? Don't mean to be rude, just trying to help.

...He mentioned he'd been inspired by it in the OP.

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-17, 06:49 PM
*Smacks forehead*

That was stupid. :frown:

Hefty Lefty
2006-11-20, 07:59 PM
Haha, maybe you could have a bucket with holes cut in it for a helmet? I don't know, I'll make sure to tell you if I come up with anything good; this is such a creative idea. Extra ice cream sandwich for you!