PDA

View Full Version : Build the Ultimate Werewolf Lord

Yogibear41
2013-03-30, 07:26 PM
What the title says :smallsmile: ATM character has 2 levels of barbarian in addition to wolf levels. Thinking of going for leadership for my next feat to build a small but deadly werewolf army. Anything that works great with a lack of magic items is also a big plus, as they are hard to come buy in the current location.

Urpriest
2013-03-30, 07:34 PM
So you want us to suggest further levels for a character that already exists? If so, you need to tell us a bit more about the character. What feats do you already have? Any important magic items? What is the character as it currently stands built to do?

Yogibear41
2013-03-30, 07:42 PM
At level 8 will have:

32 str (stat bumps at level 4 and 8)
20 dex
22 con
12 int
17 wis
11 cha

19 AC

Feats:
Alertness
Weapon Focus (bite)
Improved Natural Attack (bite)
Run
Improved Ini
Iron Will
Lightning Relfexs
Track
Thick Skinned
Feast Upon my Enemy (3rd party feat)= after you or your party defeat an enemy you can cut out its heart and eat it to heal 1d4 points of damage per hit die of the defeated foe. (for flavor mainly)

Some of my feat selections are not that great as I really didn't know what I was doing at the time. I may try to get the DM to let me at least trade improved ini in for power attack. These feats include bonus feats from the lycanthrope.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-30, 07:53 PM
Take up to four levels in War Shaper, from Complete Warrior.

Urpriest
2013-03-30, 08:36 PM

Probably the best choice, yeah.

For feats, Power Attack might be nice, but it's not crazy important if you're primarily going with natural attacks rather than wielding a two-hander. I'd be more partial to Extra Rage so you can get that +4 Str/+4 Con on every fight rather than just one a day.

Magnera
2013-03-30, 08:40 PM

Just for the lulz, you could probably go bear warrior (http://dndtools.eu/classes/bear-warrior/). Werewolf-bear anyone?

A monks belt would certainly help your natural attacks but it's kinda expensive at 12000 or so GP.

Stormlock
2013-03-30, 09:00 PM
I'm assuming that by that Str score the base form is a dire wolf right? I'd definitely try to pick up Improved Grapple. And how badass would it be to take down an adult dragon by grappling with it?:smallwink:

Urpriest
2013-03-30, 11:09 PM
Just for the lulz, you could probably go bear warrior (http://dndtools.eu/classes/bear-warrior/). Werewolf-bear anyone?

A monks belt would certainly help your natural attacks but it's kinda expensive at 12000 or so GP.

Not sure what you mean by this...a Monk's Belt would give you Improved Unarmed Strike, but you could also just take the feat. Though if you'd rather take something else I suppose it saves a feat slot.

ksbsnowowl
2013-03-30, 11:19 PM
What race are you? These are the kinds of things we need when you post your stats....

Deep warden would be okay, if you are a dwarf, though your Dex is already quite high, so DW wouldn't be the best.

Even better would be Fist of the Forest to get Con to AC plus Dex. Takes 3 feats you don't have, though. (Imp unarmed strike, great fort, power attack).

avr
2013-03-30, 11:29 PM
Your small but deadly werewolf army is going to be CE in alignment, which could be an enormous pain to control. Also they're not going to start with the Control Shape skill, so they're not going to be able to change on command without taking a few rounds. Just a couple of things to consider.

Urpriest
2013-03-30, 11:43 PM
Wait, if you're a were-Dire Wolf, how are you level 8? Lycanthrope is LA +2, so with 6 RHD and two barbarian levels you're ECL 10.

Yogibear41
2013-03-31, 01:24 AM
I'm Human, character level 8(2 barb 6 wolf) ECL 11

Urpriest
2013-03-31, 11:29 AM
I'm Human, character level 8(2 barb 6 wolf) ECL 11

Ah ok.

Here's the thing about Leadership for you: you won't be able to attract followers who are Werewolves until you have at least 5th level followers, and that won't be for a long time. You can infect your followers, sure...but then they'll leave because they're too high ECL to be followers. So at most you'll have a werewolf cohort.

Anyway, I'm going to reiterate recommendations of Extra Rage or Improved Unarmed Strike for your next feat, and Warshaper as a PrC.

Yogibear41
2013-03-31, 12:32 PM
well my DM doesn't generally follow things to the letter so level 1 werewolf followers could actually be possible.

Eman Resu
2013-04-01, 01:54 PM
the best werewolf lord would be a were tiger build, hands err paws down.