PDA

View Full Version : How do i play as an Ooze?

Zero grim
2013-03-30, 08:25 PM
Hi forum, today I ask a simple question, is it possible to play as an ooze as a player character, or perhaps even an ooze like character?

If anyone has any experience as such a character, what was it like, what worked and what didn't work for you?

chainlink
2013-03-30, 08:27 PM
AFB but there is a race in the Faerune setting that can turn into an amorphous ooze. I'll check later.

edit:
Cool apparently books were dropped off. Slyth from the Underdark book. +2 LA though your DM may allow stripping some of the immunties it gets to lower the LA since you want the ooze part.

A psionic slyth PC could be fun. You can stay in either form in equal quantities of time. As in five minutes as ooze then have to be humanoid for five minutes before you can re-ooze. 10min/CL.

zzuxon
2013-03-30, 08:32 PM
Oozes, as written, are mindless, and unfit to played in several other ways as well.
However, one time I saw a really cool homebrew race that was a race of sentient humanoid oozes.

Magnera
2013-03-30, 08:34 PM
Somewhere in Savage Species is the gelatinous template, this could get you rather close! (Gelatinous warforged anyone?)

Moonwolf727
2013-03-30, 08:37 PM
Well I've found a prestige class that allows you to become an ooze if that is ok with you, sorry that I couldn't dig up anything better. Link is HERE (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oozebound_%283.5e_Prestige_Class%29) by the way.

Zero grim
2013-03-30, 08:38 PM
The savage species ooze has only an Int of 1 and no level adjustment listed.

a humanoid ooze race would be what I'm looking for, there's got to be a half ooze template somewhere.

arguskos
2013-03-30, 09:05 PM

a humanoid ooze race would be what I'm looking for, there's got to be a half ooze template somewhere.
The easiest two options are going to be slyths and ghaunadans. I'd research both of those. Slyths are from the book Underdark. Ghaunadans are from... somewhere, I can't quite recall, sorry.

Flickerdart
2013-03-30, 09:57 PM
Well I've found a prestige class that allows you to become an ooze if that is ok with you, sorry that I couldn't dig up anything better. Link is HERE (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oozebound_%283.5e_Prestige_Class%29) by the way.
Ew, dandwiki homebrew. OP, stay away from that entire website if you enjoy sanity.

There's no half-ooze template, but if your DM will allow you to use Savage Species guidelines to give LA to an existing monster, a Sentry Ooze Living Spell has some truly prodigious mental attributes.

_flint_
2013-03-30, 09:57 PM
Somewhere in Savage Species is the gelatinous template, this could get you rather close! (Gelatinous warforged anyone?)
nope, that drops your intelligence to 2, making it not applicable for players.

A gelatinous pseudonatural creature would have the nescessary INT (pseudonatural raises it to a minimum of 3) but the template itself has an LA of
-- meaning it's not fit for players either

your best bet would be either oozemaster from masters of the wild or thrall of jubilex from book of vile darkness.

An other option would be a custom magic item that would affect it's wearer with a permanent amorphous form (spell compendium) Have fun never being able to take it off or use your gear though, the spell merges your equipment with you

Ew, dandwiki homebrew. OP, stay away from that entire website if you enjoy sanity.

There's no half-ooze template, but if your DM will allow you to use Savage Species guidelines to give LA to an existing monster, a Sentry Ooze Living Spell has some truly prodigious mental attributes.

I was thinking that hypnosis would be fun. Enthrall people with your touch. Depending on your interpretation of the template, you might also be able to apply metamagic to the living spell. It wouldn't even have to increase the LA if it was cast by an incantatrix...

Kazyan
2013-03-30, 10:04 PM
There are Ooze Paragenasi in Dragon 297, for LA+1. I don't know what they look like, but they might be close, if you're asking for visuals instead of an actual mechanical type. Use the Lesser Planetouched thing to make them LA+0.

Feralventas
2013-03-30, 10:15 PM
Exalted Slime Girl (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1776.0) build. Don't now if they ever finished their Vile version.

Alternatively, Living Spell that grants itself a semblance of sentience.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2013-03-30, 10:22 PM
The squole (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/squole) is a third-party Pathfinder race, but wouldn't be too hard to adapt into 3.5.

Cirrylius
2013-03-30, 11:20 PM
There was actually a thread on this just a couple of weeks ago. Goo Girls were brought up there, too:smallbiggrin:

Evard
2013-03-30, 11:35 PM
Cleric with Divine Meta Magic can pull this off.

Persist Polymorph via Turn Undead + DMM is 24 hr oozy fun!

Also I think there is a WoTC article that had an ooze take monk levels...

Edit: get still and silent spell + 2 more DMM feats and you can be an ooze casting cleric spells :P

Darrin
2013-03-31, 06:06 AM
I believe Sentry Ooze + Half-Dragon is somewhat popular, if you want to do it with templates. (I like to throw Spellwarped on there... Phrenic might work, too.)

If you want something that already has an Int score, here's a list of intelligent oozes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10529104&postcount=4).

Some other ooze-related musings (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10628776&postcount=11).

Venger
2013-03-31, 01:58 PM
don't forget player's guide to faerun's slimelord.

123456789blaaa
2013-03-31, 02:28 PM
The Oozemaster PRC from Masters of the Wild makes your type change to ooze tor determining what effects and items can effect you (as well as ooze immunities and the blindsight feat) at level 10 of the PRC.

MukkTB
2013-03-31, 02:53 PM
I'm pretty sure someone posted an almost RAW solution about a month or so ago. I can't remember the specifics but it involved awakened spells or something like that. A RAW workable creature was created. The problem was there were no obvious rules for taking it as a PC. I could be wrong on that.

Deox
2013-03-31, 03:20 PM
Spell, Ooze Puppet.

Also there's an item that goes along with it... A&E guide I think?