PDA

View Full Version : Come ride with me, through the veins of history...[PrC]

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-17, 03:33 PM
Knight of Cydonia

The nation of Cydonia is a desert nation. As such, the traditional knight in shining armour is impractical. As Cydonians don’t believe in blindly following codes of honour (or wearing heavy armour), actual members of the Knight class are rare among its Knight social class, but they respect order and discipline, so many Monks are among this caste. Cydonia’s strong Warlock tradition is often combined with this ascetic streak, to bring about the Knights of Cydonia, Warlock/Monks with deadly wand-slinging abilities.

Requirements

To become a Knight of Cydonia a character must have:

Region of Origin: Cydonia
BaB: +4
Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Two Weapon Fighting, Stunning Fist
Skills: Use Magic Device 6 ranks
Special: Flurry of Blows OR Decisive Strike class feature, Deceive Item Class Feature, AC Bonus class feature, Eldritch Blast class feature, Still Mind class feature

BaB: Full
Saves: Ref Good, Will good, Fort Bad

Class Information

Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana, Geography, local, nature, religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Rope (Dex)
Skill points per level: 4+Int modifier

Class Features

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies
Knight’s of Cydonia gain no proficiency in any weapons or armour.

Monk Abilities
Your Knight of Cydonia levels stack with your Monk levels for the purpose of determining your Flurry of Blows/Decisive Strike, AC bonus and Unarmed Strike damage. In addition, a Monk who takes levels in Knight of Cydonia may keep taking levels in Monk as long as he remains lawful.

Warlock Abilities
Levels in Knight of Cydonia stack with levels of Warlock for the purposes of determining Eldritch Blast damage.

Bonus Feats
At 1st level, Knights of Cydonia gain Quick Draw as a bonus feat

At 3rdt level, Knights of Cydonia gain Dual Wand Wielder as a bonus feat.

At 5th level, he gains Reckless Wand Wielder as a bonus feat.

At 7th level, he gains Wand Strike as a bonus feat.

At 9th level, he gains Craft Wand as a bonus feat.

Snake Style (Ex)
At 2nd level, whenever a Knight of Cydonia uses his Flurry of Blows/Decisive Strike class features, he gains a +2 dodge bonus to AC until his next turn.

Tiger Style (Ex)
At 4th level, whenever a Knight of Cydonia charges, he can make a full attack action at the end of his charge action, but he can only use unarmed strikes as part of this full attack. He may use his Flurry of Blows class feature is he wishes.

Flying Eagle Style(Ex)
At 6th level a Knight of Cydonia adds his class level as a competence bons to all Jump checks

Flaming Energy Ball (Ex)
At 8th level, whenever a Knight of Cydonia makes a Flurry of Blows, he may forgo any extra attacks granted to him by the ability to make an equal number of Eldrich Blast attacks at his highest Base Attack Bonus. He still takes any Flurry penalties on all attack rolls, including his Eldritch Blast attacks.

Two Headed Snake (Ex)
At 10th level, whenever a Knight of Cydonia uses a Standard Action to make a melee attack, he make any extra Flurry of Blows attacks he is entitled to as well. He takes the standard Flurry of Blows penalties on his attacks. He can combine this with Flaming Energy ball if he wishes.

From my campaign setting I'm working on. There's a desert area called Cydonia. Its a subtle reference.

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-18, 11:11 AM
No comments after a whole day?

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-18, 02:23 PM
I like Two Headed Snake, and Flaming Energy Ball, but why all the bonus feats?

Its a subtle reference
:tongue:

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-18, 02:33 PM
I'm trying to emphasise wand-slinging whilst also giving them some neat martial arts moves.

I think its a bit overpowered as is, although you have to be both a Monk and Warlock to get in, so you absolutely suck until you get a few levels under you belt.
Do you make it a point of honour to reply to every single thread I start? :tongue:

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-18, 02:40 PM
:biggrin:
You did ask for comments.

Seeing as it's warlock based, it's likely it can't get overpowered.

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-18, 02:59 PM
So, any improvements. I added the 'you can keep taking levels in monk' clause, which, whilst redundant in the games I run, is useful in ones I don't. Also worth pointing out is that Warlocks have no alignment restrictions in my CS.