PDA

View Full Version : Building the Drunken Monkey: Help with a PF Monk Build

Tokuhara
2013-03-31, 01:33 PM
Hey y'all.

I just got invited to an online campaign with a good buddy of mine and I had the sick idea of playing a Vanara Drunken Master of Many Styles in his PF game.

My idea was to use the Monkey Style as the cornerstone to my final style while the monkey gets himself schnockered in the middle of combat and then pounds people's faces in with his kung-fu.

Any ideas to make my Drunk Monkey into a viable party member?

Waker
2013-03-31, 01:52 PM
Hmm, can't give a ton of advice since a family party is about to start. Use your tail to grab your booze. Consider taking Dragon style to increase damage and maneuverability.

Tokuhara
2013-03-31, 02:03 PM
Hmm, can't give a ton of advice since a family party is about to start. Use your tail to grab your booze. Consider taking Dragon style to increase damage and maneuverability.

Monkey & Dragon style? Clever combo (I think), minus I need 8 feats for that to be perfected (3 for Monkey, 3 for Dragon, 2 for both Drinking feats) which uses all 6 of my Bonus Feats and 2 Standard Feats

Waker
2013-03-31, 02:29 PM
Getting the style feats is one of the big reasons to take MoMF. Although the Dragon Roar isn't strictly necessary. Dragon style is useful because it grants several save bonuses, ignoring difficult terrain and grants a bit of extra damage. Ferocity grants even more damage on your attacks and grants the chance to put the shaken condition on enemies.

Tokuhara
2013-03-31, 03:01 PM
Cool.

I had this cool image of the Monkey piggybacking on my enemy then beating on their head like a chimpanzee playing bongos