PDA

View Full Version : Modify an abolisher to be undead instead of aberration?

RedDragons
2013-03-31, 03:42 PM
Abolisher comes with some nice toys, for a ranger or druid that wants to focus on a certain type ((it is from Lords of Madness)). That gives a very strong nature oriented response towards things not natural.

Granting WildShape, large chunks of bonus towards favored enemy, continuing both divine casting and animal companion growth.

But a few abilities are a lil less kind towards a switch over for a focus on undead

When you wild shape, you can make creatures sicked when you attack them with your natural weapons.

Another is a 20ft aura that causes nauseated

What ways would you suggest to modify them, into things that work against undead?

The Viscount
2013-04-01, 12:34 AM
We could replace the natural weapons with just extra damage, probably not more than 2d6 or so. As for the aura, we might take a page from hunter of the dead and give it the true death ability, so undead destroyed by it can never be brought again as an undead.

SilverLeaf167
2013-04-01, 01:40 AM
As for the aura, we might take a page from hunter of the dead and give it the true death ability, so undead destroyed by it can never be brought again as an undead.

I thought that was the standard rule for undead? :smallconfused: Not being animate-able after destruction...

TuggyNE
2013-04-01, 01:54 AM
I thought that was the standard rule for undead? :smallconfused: Not being animate-able after destruction...

Revive undead would like a word with you.

The Viscount
2013-04-01, 11:21 AM
One can assume the ability also stops ghosts from coming back after being destroyed. The real question for me though is if it stops liches. I'm tempted to say no, but I'm biased in that I like liches. Anyone else have an opinion on it?