PDA

View Full Version : Warforged attachments

Sparsey
2013-03-31, 03:55 PM
I forget if I already posted this, but I know someone must have posted a similar question before regardless. (Is there I search function for the forum? Newbie, here)

Anyone know of a convenient run-down of the rules about warforged equipment and maybe a list of those items available?

gurgleflep
2013-03-31, 04:03 PM
I forget if I already posted this, but I know someone must have posted a similar question before regardless. (Is there I search function for the forum? Newbie, here)

Anyone know of a convenient run-down of the rules about warforged equipment and maybe a list of those items available?

There is not a search function, sorry. I actually asked that myself, and apparently it was taken away for some reason or another.

The only warforged modifications I can think of are all feat/armor related. Adamant body, mithril body, unarmored body...
I've actually got a forum post about Warforged created by Illithid if you'd like to check it out. Basically they're used as servants and refrigerators to the mind flayers.

Warforged -Illithid Makers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275688) and Flayerforged or Warflayer. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275747) I know they're not exactly the kind of thing you're looking for, but it may or may not help you out.

Sparsey
2013-03-31, 04:29 PM
That is a neat idea. Unfortunately not what I'm after. I'm just wondering if there's a 3.5 equivalent of something I saw in a 4e book, where Warforged had special items they could attach to themselves, like and armbow and stuff.

phlidwsn
2013-03-31, 04:31 PM
Base rules for warforged attached and embedded components are in Eberron Campaign Setting, page 267-270. Basically besides those listed, any regular magic item can be specifically made as an attached or embedded component. Embedded items can't take damage on a failed save, and for both embedded and attached items, activation still requires the same action (standard, swift, etc) but is changed to a non-provoking mental action.

Besides the ones from ECS, there are a few more warforged components in Magic and Races of Eberron, I believe.

Sparsey
2013-03-31, 05:12 PM
Thanks! Exactly what was looking for

Darrin
2013-03-31, 06:17 PM
The search function was disabled because it caused way too much server lag. Giantitp.com is extensively ranked by Google. Just put "site:giantitp.com" in your google search bar, and you can find pretty much anything in the forums.

Besides the ones from ECS, there are a few more warforged components in Magic and Races of Eberron, I believe.

There are also some warforged grafts in Faiths of Eberron, some of which allow non-warforged to mount warforged components.