PDA

View Full Version : I would like some advice

Weasel King
2013-03-31, 07:23 PM
I have recently reached 10th level with my Dwarf Barbarian6/Fighter2/Deepwarden2 and am a little stuck on what to go next. My current build is:

Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 6
Feats;
1st - Endurance
2nd - Power Attack(Fighter)
3rd - Cleave(Fighter), Steadfast Determination
6th - Instantanious Rage
9th - Reckless Rage

This is an interesting build as will and AC now key off of Con, meaning;

a, When he rages his AC only drops by 1 (+6 Con=+3 AC) thanks to Stonewarden.
b, Much higher Will than average (+9 (+12 when raged)) means dominate and will death effects are less effective. Dawrven resistances help further with this.

Now usually I would start down the Frenzied Berserker Prestige Class, however, seeing as my fort, will and AC all key off Con would it be more prudent to stick with Barbarian until Greater Rage? Is there a comparable option I'm missing besides these two?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ArcturusV
2013-03-31, 07:33 PM
Well, Bear Warrior is always an interesting one to look at for Barbarian based builds. Your rages turn you into a bear/dire bear with great bonuses. So you might want to look into that and see if it sparks your interest.

Venger
2013-03-31, 07:36 PM
I have recently reached 10th level with my Dwarf Barbarian6/Fighter2/Deepwarden2 and am a little stuck on what to go next. My current build is:

Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 6
Feats;
1st - Endurance
2nd - Power Attack(Fighter)
3rd - Cleave(Fighter), Steadfast Determination
6th - Instantanious Rage
9th - Reckless Rage

This is an interesting build as will and AC now key off of Con, meaning;

a, When he rages his AC only drops by 1 (+6 Con=+3 AC) thanks to Stonewarden.
b, Much higher Will than average (+9 (+12 when raged)) means dominate and will death effects are less effective. Dawrven resistances help further with this.

Now usually I would start down the Frenzied Berserker Prestige Class, however, seeing as my fort, will and AC all key off Con would it be more prudent to stick with Barbarian until Greater Rage? Is there a comparable option I'm missing besides these two?

Thanks in advance for any help.

there's no reason to go back into barb if you're speccing for FB.

you'll still need destructive rage and intimidating rage to qualify for FB (does your DM allow retraining? if so, retrain those rage feats to the ones you need for FB so you'll be able to finish the class)