PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Two-Weapon Warrior

Theprettiestorc
2013-03-31, 09:47 PM
Someone suggested a build of Two-Weapon Warrior(Fighter Archetype) to me that uses two shields in combat. Both spiked - a Heavy and a Light, or 1d6/1d4.

With some feats, and a bit of investment, both could be enchanted with Bashing to do 1d10/1d8 for relatively little cost. And at 11th level, two one-handed weapons could be used, so it would be two Heavy Shields for 1d10/1d10.

Does this sound like a viable build, otherwise?

gartius
2013-04-01, 04:19 AM
a. yes it works - even more so as one of the problems with twf is the cost factor-as you use shield master as the feat to do this and you count your shield enhancement bonus as the attack and damage boost making it cheaper.
b. another way of doing it quicker is to use ranger with combat style of weapon and shield as they get shield master at lvl 6
c. there is no reason why you shouldnt use two medium shields as shield master allows you to ignore twf penalties (RAI anyway, RAW its much more broken)
d. the bashing quality increases your weapon by 2 size categories. So 1d6 becomes 2d6 (1d6<1d8<2d6)
e. be careful of the RAW of shield master

You do not suffer any penalties on attack rolls made with a shield while you are wielding another weapon. Add your shield’s enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls made with the shield as if it were a weapon enhancement bonus.

emphasis mine. this means you ignore power attack penalties, combat reflexes penalties, hell it even means all off hand attacks happen at full BAB.

Theprettiestorc
2013-04-01, 11:31 AM
So it's much more useful to go with a different archetype than Two Weapon Warrior, since Shield Master gives me all I'm looking for in a neat little bundle.

That's definitely something. =3. Any suggestions for an archetype for my fighter, then, or should I just forego archetypes altogether?