PDA

View Full Version : Anomalies on the Edge of the Coin [IC] [3.?]

Destrude
2013-04-01, 02:16 AM
You were probably busy, doing whatever you typically do on a Saturday morning. Eating, fighting, possibly mating. Until you noticed the swirl of magic.

Collecting around you, it quickly overwhelmed your senses. Fighting against its embrace quickly proved useless, its pull was irresistible. The surge built to a crescendo, and you felt yourself being torn apart into a thousand shreds.

------------------------

The first thing you're aware of is a tingling sensation, like your whole body fell asleep and is all pins and needles. This is good. It tells you that you still have a body, and it's all attached in the usual places.

You try to stand, but realize with a start that you already are. Your eyes open, but what you're seeing doesn't make sense. A foggy impression of a man stands before you, in a large stone room ringed by candles.

Blinking, your vision clears. The man before you wears a set of ornate blue robes and a confused expression. "Who are you people? Where is Xenthrax, Devourer of Evil?"

Before anyone has a chance to answer, the stone wall behind him is violently toppled, crushing him under hundreds of pounds of worked stone. As the dust clears, a giant ball of whirring copper gears unfolds into a humanoid shape and stomps forward, followed by a quartet of blocky stone creatures covered in flames.

OOC: dethkruzer failed the Fort save, and so is Nauseated for the first round. Everyone, go ahead and post your actions for the round! Until I finish sorting out the map, the room is cylindrical and 80' diameter, 100' high. The Gear golem is Large sized, standing at the north most edge of the room. The 4 rock/fire things are akimbo, 2 on each side. You all are in the central 20' diameter circle of the room. Small tables, books, candles, and tapestries ring the room, and under your feet is a circle of runes, likely used to help summon you all here.

Ralasha
2013-04-01, 02:22 AM
So... how broken should I make this combat?

I fireball above the golem. So as not to hit any of the precious books that might get me home.

[roll0] x1 is it is immune. x1.5 (or 51) if it is resistant... x2.5 (or 85) if it isn't resistant.

Aid is cast by some priestly looking guy. Enjoy everyone.

I take 3 damage.

ShadowFireLance
2013-04-01, 02:32 AM
Casting Shield of Faith on myself now, for my Standered Action, and...letsee, Move Action to fly backwards.

Destrude
2013-04-01, 02:37 AM
So... how broken should I make this combat?

I fireball above the golem. So as not to hit any of the precious books that might get me home.

[roll0] x1 is it is immune. x1.5 (or 51) if it is resistant... x2.5 (or 85) if it isn't resistant.

Aid is cast by some priestly looking guy. Enjoy everyone.

The golem's gears glow with the heat and begin to grind as their expansion causes them to fit wrongly. It takes 42 damage (1/2 damage from fire, is slowed for [roll0] turns.

The rocky creatures scream as their outer layers burn away under the unearthly flames. Their firey auras, however, intensify. They each take 34 damage.

Also, the remains of a tapestry above the ruined wall catch fire.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-01, 02:41 AM
Letting out a bellow, Elgar intuitively maneuvers his four arms, gripping his falchion, and charges the gear golem all the while deftly navigating the rubble on the floor.

Charge to cover the distance, nimble charge skill trick to move over the rubble.

Roll to attack, taking -2 for power attack 1d20+22

damage [roll0]

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-01, 02:43 AM
Dang it. attack roll failed
[roll0]
forgot to add+1 morale for my stance, so should be 29
Destrude: does my 10ft reach threaten the magma doo-heckies? If so, my attack roll should get an additional +1 for each up to +5

Destrude
2013-04-01, 02:49 AM
Dang it. attack roll failed
[roll0]

The Gear golem's body is rent, several of the outer gears fly apart under the stress and damage inflicted on them. (The golem takes 40 damage from Elgar's mighty fist. Elgar takes [roll0] piercing damage from copper bits flying about, and [roll1] fire damage from the intense heat radiating from the golem's superheated body.)

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-01, 02:59 AM
The gears bounced effortlessly off Elgar's burly chest, the heat, a mere nuisance That's the best you can do!?

If that didn't include resistance, I take 1 damage :smallbiggrin:

Ralasha
2013-04-01, 03:07 AM
Knowledge arcana/Knowledge The Planes to identify the enemies.

I take 10's, for 23, 23.

Destrude
2013-04-01, 03:33 AM
Knowledge arcana/Knowledge The Planes to identify the enemies.

I take 10's, for 23, 23.

The golem is just a variation on the basic formula of "golem", which means it likely fails saves vs fire (evidently), and is probably Hasted by lightning. The rocky creatures appear to be some form of elemental, but not one you've heard of before.

Ralasha
2013-04-01, 03:35 AM
Ignus shouts at them in terran, I take 1 damage to boost my voice and give it a menacing, unearthly quality. "Cease your actions, or be purged by the Eternal Flame. You are already guilty of murder."

Destrude
2013-04-01, 03:45 AM
Ignus shouts at them in terran, I take 1 damage to boost my voice and give it a menacing, unearthly quality. "Cease your actions, or be purged by the Eternal Flame. You are already guilty of murder."

The golem either doesn't understand, or just doesn't care. The rocky creatures, however, howl in rage, their crude faces focused on Ignus.

Re'ozul
2013-04-01, 06:37 AM
Her aura still active from the Battle she was preparing to wage, Lumir sees the carnage that is about to begin and concentrates. Within moments, words laden with power start flowing forth from her position, strenghtening those that are on her side.
With a brief burst of power, a ghostly plate armor superimposes itself onto her.

Aura of Wrath active
Hymn of celestial Aid (everyone on our side gets Fast healing 2 and +2 morale bonus to saves)
Incant Greater Blinkplate (AC is now 27/touch18/ff 25)

dethkruzer
2013-04-01, 05:44 PM
The bull creature, dazed and rather displeased, stumbles about slightly, groaning.

Tacitus
2013-04-01, 09:21 PM
Tosser

The adorable little ball of spines and mutant genetics tries to focus, his mental image of the world clashing with a brief telekinetic echo and the bleariness of his eyes. It visibly wavers for a moment before releasing a telepathic grumble ill fitting for such an adorable creature, 'No thoughts, a golem? Damnation.' And then he pauses as he realizes the people he is with are all of only slightly above average intelligence. Its a slightly surprise at first, but he's quite used to walking among those with much weaker minds so he dismisses the thought.

With a surge of blue light four spears leap from his body towards the elementals, starting with a nonlethal approach.

The post assumes the elementals are Intelligent, which means I'd like to know their Int scores, please. Mindsight gives creature type and int score of any Int 1 or higher in range.

Investing 12 Hands to create a burst of pure telekinetic force in the form of four lances aimed at four elementals. The additional targets imposes a -6 penalty on ability checks made with the ability. This is a Standard Action that invests 4 Hands for targets and 2 Hands per each (8 total) to add +4 to the ability check. I'll be generous with a 60ft distance from Tosser (with a move action if necessary to shuffle around, though any only 20 or 40ft away would reduce the penalty), so I'll take off another -3. End result is a -5 to each roll, which will be included in the final roll.

Though not specified, I assume they are medium sized. If they are large, please note that size modifiers do not apply.

Four Bull Rushes, left to right.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tosser is the obvious source of the ability. The ability does not provoke AoOs. They cannot return the favor.

Destrude
2013-04-02, 01:25 AM
The elementals are driven back by the barrage of force bolts; the outer two all the way out of the room, falling out of sight. The remaing pair snarl and bound forward, quickly reaching Ignus and lashing out with their rocky fists.

[roll0]
Damage, if it hits= [roll1]

[roll2]
Damage, if it hits= [roll3]

Both would be causing fire damage for being adjacent, but I doubt 3d6 fire is a threat to Ignus. :smalltongue:

Meanwhile, the golem makes the only sound it intentionally can (a terrible grinding of gears), and brings its forelimbs down with terrific force towards Elgar.

[roll4]
Damage, if it hits= [roll5]

[roll6]
Damage, if it hits= [roll7]

Amidst the roar of battle, the floor shudders as if under heavy impact, dust raining down from the ceiling. From outside, a pair of screaming creatures swoop into the room. Nearly the size of a man, each brandishes a pair of wicked hawk's talons on birdlike feet, while gnarled hands wield an oversize bow. Twin vulture's heads scream in unison.

Those who can understand Abyssal:
"Where is Xenthrax?! Our lord shall choke him with his mere vile presence!

Next round, go!

Edit: forgot to mention, the vulture-men provoked AoOs from Elgar as they zipped by, and ended movement about 80' up and on either side of Elgar.

Edit2: golem is slowed, no full round actions for him!

Ralasha
2013-04-02, 03:16 AM
Ignus looks sadly at the two elementals, and speaks in ignan. "I shall release you from the bonds of your summoning."

And... Produce Flame Right: [roll0] [roll1] x1 vs immune, x1.5 vs resistant, x2.5 vs not immune or resistant.

And... Produce Flame Left: [roll2] [roll3] x1 vs immune, x1.5 vs resistant, x2.5 vs not immune or resistant.

(Absolute fire immunity, she can't even hurt herself with fire damage. Because if she did, half would heal her (rounding up), thus doing no damage.)

Destrude
2013-04-02, 03:28 AM
Both elementals shriek again, the unnatural flames scorching through their normal immunity. The right-hand one is cut off as his head melts, leaving a pile of burning rocks and glowing molten stone. The left-hand one staggers, large chunks of its body having been turned molten and running down in a strange mimicry of blood from wounds.

Ralasha
2013-04-02, 03:34 AM
She turns angrily and faces the vulture men.

Knowledge Checks: taking 10's on arcana and planes for 23's.

"You, from this day forth, shall find no comfort in the warmth of fire. For I am the Eternal Flame, the hottest and most pure of all fires, and all others exist to serve me."

Her cleric moves over and casts gentle repose on the man beneath the rock pile, and heals him 3 hp along with delivering the touch spell, in hopes that he isn't dead.

Destrude
2013-04-02, 03:40 AM
Knowledge: planes/arcana
The vulture men have a similarity to Vrocks, but are clearly distinct. They have no feathers, instead flying on bat like wings. It's possible the are some form of abberation, though they spoke Abyssal. Overall, results are inconclusive at this point. Closer examination may reveal more.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-02, 05:40 AM
Come lad, you call that a blow? You can do better than that! despite striking Elgar, the pugilist's burly body shrugs off the golem's slam attacks

Thanks to fast healing, I heal for 2, bringing me to full hp.
(I assume they're not touch attacks)

All the while as his falchion made contact with the metalic form of the golem, Elgar notices the vulture-like creatures approaching him, looking skyward he exlaims What ho! More challengers?! bully! With an intuitive twitch of muscles, his attempts to swing his falchion at the closest vulture-man.

Only AoO against the one to my right
[roll0], rolled a [41] (see OOC) to confirm critical (both rolls should get an additional +2 from Challenge the Many stance)
if hit for damage [roll1] [94] if critical confirmed

Jolly good hit! After congratulating himself, Elgar quickly turns his attention back to the golem. His eyes glimmered as he droped his flachion and clenced all four of his fists Come sir. Let us begin!, in a flash, Elgar lets loose a barrage of slams against the gear golem.

For my round, Elgar drops his falchion and relishes the joy of hand to hand combat
4 slams
Slam 1 [roll]1d20+22[roll][31], if hit for damage [roll2] (all attack rolls should get an additional +1 from stance)
Slam 2 [roll]1d20+22[roll][41], if hit for damage [roll3]
Slam 3 [roll]1d20+22[roll][24], if hit for damage [roll4]
Slam 4 used to initiate grapple with improved grapple
Melee touch attack [roll]1d20+22[roll] [38] (rolled in OOC), if hit roll for grapple check [roll5]
Here's where I'm not sure...if successful, does it mean I get to do a slam damage again? If so: [roll6]
Bab 6+16str+4 4 arms +4 improved grapple +4 large +4 powerful build=+38

Destrude
2013-04-03, 02:23 AM
The right hand vulture man takes several seconds to realize that is now missing his right leg, courtesy of Elgar's lightning bladework. With a cry like glass shards in a blender, he turns midair and looses a bolt at the giant. To its frustration, the arrow fails to connect solidly.

The other flyer, somewhat more focused with both legs intact, takes aim at the firey being speaking her curse. It looses the shaft with a deadly glint in its eye.

With her attention momentarily diverted, the lone remaining elemental pulls himself into a compact ball. It swells visibly before rupturing in a violent explosion of rock shards, lacerating several of the party.

Undaunted by the golem's assault, Elgar unleashes a barrage of mighty blows, each knocking gears out of alignment and shattering copper into splinters. With a surging motion the giant pushes under its guard and locks his four arms into a crushing embrace. There is a groan of distorting metal, a sound not unlike an engine block blowing out, and the golem collapses into ruined scrap.

Ralasha
2013-04-03, 02:29 AM
"You dare attack one of the lords of destruction?! You shall learn your place."

As fer face contorts with rage her fires turn white, giving off an uncomfortable level of heat, and hurls flames from each of her hands at the one that attacked her. (1 fire damage if within 20', 2 if within 10'. Sorry people. No, it doesn't effect inanimate objects. No, your resistance has no effect.)

Retributive fire damage: [roll0] (23, 30, 45)

Touch attacks:
Flame 1: [roll1] [roll2] (24, 32, 48)
Flame 2: [roll3] [roll4] (33, 44, 66)
(Unlike always, x1.5 if immune, x2 if resistant, x3 if not. This is for all 3 retributive and the two touch attacks. Taking 10 damage.)

Imolatus, recognizing what is occurring, quickly picks up the man, attempting to heal him another 3 damage, and carries the body to a far corner of the room.

dethkruzer
2013-04-03, 03:19 AM
The nbull-headed monster shakes it's head, before snorting furiously. Wisps of darkness begin seeping from it's body, some staying close to it's muscular frame, but most of it gathers in the beasts right hand. Just a quickly as the the darkness had gathered, it did vanish from it's hand, leaving a most curious weapon in it's grasp. It appeared almost like an oversized skeleton key terminating in what appears to be a split metallic gear, thin tendrils in various dark shades of blue crwling up the weapons form.

Releasing a mighty bellow, the darkness clad minotaurs rushes forward, Striking the nearest targt with a ferocious overhead blow.

Summoning Heartedge
Initiating Stance: Child of Shadows, I gain concealment if I move at least 10 feet.
Moving to reach nearest target, moving at least 10 feet if at all possible.
Initiating Manuever: Bonecrusher.
Attack roll for Bonecrusher: [roll0]
Damage for Bonecrusher: [roll1] plus [roll2] and target must make DC 17 fortitude save or anyone attempting to confirm a critical hit against it gains a +10 bonus.

Tacitus
2013-04-03, 04:53 PM
Tosser

With another telepathic grumble the little zergling looks up as he shuffles away from the pyre of female rage on pure survival instinct. The grumble mounts to an almost uncomfortable level before a surge of bright blue light lances straight up at the uninjured vrock-like creature, intent on serious bodily harm and disarming the creature.

Move Action for Moving.
Standard Action to combine Force Burst and Far Trick into a Ranged Touch Attack (at -4) and a Disarm attempt (at -4).

One Hand for Force Burst at 1d6+6, +5 Hands for +5d6 damage
One Hand for Disarm, +5 Hands for +10 on the check.

RTA: [roll0]
Force: [roll1]
If hit, Fort Save DC 20 vs Sickened condition.

Disarm not affected by a miss on Force Burst.
Disarm does not include any Size modifiers on either side.
Disarm takes -1 per 10ft away, so -8?
Disarm: [roll2]

Edit: forgot buffs, so +1 to the attack roll on the RTA, and I think also the Disarm, from Aid.

Destrude
2013-04-04, 01:02 AM
The combination of Ignus' blistering assault and Tosser's force bolts rend the vulture man into smoking pieces, his form blasted apart in an instant. It's surviving compatriot is shaken from his blind rage by the wave of heat, and turns his eyes towards the source.

It shouts in Abyssal,"No god is greater than mine! Feel his frozen hate!",
and swoops down towards the party, ending a mere 30' above the center of the room. Reaching into a pouch on its belt, it draws forth a crystalline sphere that smokes slightly and radiates an icy blue. With all the strength it can muster, it flings the sphere straight down into the floor.

With a sharp CRACK, the room is blasted by a wave of bitter cold, leaving a sheen of frost everywhere that immediately begins melting under Ignus' scorching heat.

Post thine actions!

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-04, 01:12 AM
Releasing the crushed heap of metal that was formerly the gear golem, Elgar turns up to look at the vulture just in time to see it smash the crystalline sphere unleashing the torrent of freezing energies.
In a split second, Elgar dives for it. A careful observer would see a grin on his face. He seems to be enjoying all of this. Almost too much...
reflex save [roll0]
taking half damage of 8 pts, resist cold 10, so I take no damage

Unscathed, for the briefest moment Elgar seemed to be paused in thought. The pugilist makes eye contact with the zergling. It appears that Elgar was paying attention - you didn't have to be telepathic to see what he was thinking If you can. Throw me at THAT

Tacitus
2013-04-04, 01:51 AM
Tosser

The telepathic grumble returns, echoing off itself as two distinct tones. The first is sharp and painful while the second is a low building thrum. A weakened blue lance leaps up to the creature above and the grumble vanishes. A moment later the building growl ignites as a blue-white fire around Elgar with trails of power swirling back towards the zergling. Elgar feels spectral hands trying to find purchase on his form for a moment before the pressure spreads across him equally and he quickly rises into the air.

Standard Action: Force Burst using 4 Hands
RTA: [roll0]
DC 20 vs Sickened

Move Action: Mental Strength, using 8 Hands. 5 Hands allow me to move 3000lbs at a rate of 20ft a round. The three additional hands adds 30ft to this movement speed.
Elgar is lifted 50ft towards the target, which should get him there even if he's at the hole.

Ralasha
2013-04-04, 02:06 AM
Her voice, is still amplified, and unearthly, sounds a deep rumbling as the roaring of the fire within a furnace. "I am The Eternal Flame, and my fire consumes all in it's path. Your pitiful god is nothing."
Two touch attacks at: [roll0](been forgetting the aid bonus)
[roll1]
Dealing: 45, 60, or 90 damage each.

Ignus, having taken 8 damage, now heals 34 (2 fast healing, 2 fire damage, 30 HP from con sac at round end), taking 1 point of constitution damage as she consumes her own aura. Her new HP total is 34-8=26+34, 60-6 for 54 HP.

The area around her remains comfortably warm as it cools.

Her son moves back into the center of the room. Causing the flying creature to take 3 damage.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-04, 02:18 AM
Feeling the lurching of his body by its own accord was a surreal experience. Nonetheless, Elgar's steely gaze narrowed as he focused at the vulture man.
Let's see if I can get this brute quicker than the last!? Elgar issued the challenge to himself as the psionics lifted him towards the flying assailant. As soon as he comes within reach, he lunges at the vulture-man, all four of his freakishly muscled arms enveloping the creature in a deadly embrace.

Melee TA [roll0]
grapple check [roll1]

Ralasha
2013-04-04, 05:43 AM
After the Pugilist falls (the 'Vrock' being eing dead) Imolatus moves over and casts cure serious wounds on him (you only took 45 fire damage, thanks to Aid Spell.)
[roll0] Lay On Hands combined with touch: for 3 additional healing.

You healed 24 of the 45 fire damage you took... and are suddenly no longer covered in ashes (prestidigitation, courtesy of the one that burned you horribly).

Ignus: "You should be more careful not to get in the way of an Elemental Lord." (DC 15 Knowledge the Planes Check to know wtf an elemental lord is. :P)
Elemental Lords: Outstripping the powers of the elder elementals, the elemental lords are physical beings of godlike power and strength. They differ from deities in that they do not have the same god/worshiper relationship with mortals. Regardless, they are venerated by some mortals and implored for favors by others, and they may choose to deliver their aid as it takes their fancy.((Also yes, she has an ego. Which she may not entirely deserve.))

Ignus looks over at the crumpled form of the man that summoned all of you. Her voice returning to it's normal husky cadence, "What I would like to know... is what that fool did that allows me to be injured by the likes of these... piles of filth."

Re'ozul
2013-04-04, 06:05 AM
Lumir simply keeps singing, not able to do much as there are no more enemies to fight. She is impressed at the efficiency of these people.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-04, 01:10 PM
As soon as Elgar managed to gain some traction, he was interrupted by the burst of fire seemingly appearing from nowhere. Before he realised it, the creature he was trying to wrestle had turned to ash. Resigning himself to the missed opportunity, through a series of acrobatic lurchings, he attempts to lessen his fall.
Dusting himself off after he landed with a loup *THUMP, Elgar felt that his flesh has been charred, letting out a hearty chuckle It appears I've been burned!? I LIKE THIS! Never a dull moment eh?!

Acrobatic check [roll0] [DC 15]
If successful I take [roll1] falling damage plus [roll2] of nonlethal, if unsuccessful, all the above are lethal plus an additional [roll3]
So Elgar takes a total of 69 damage, plus 1 non-lethal
edited to apply fire resistance
edited to un apply fire resistance

As Imolatus approached, the pugilist let loose his protestations You really shouldn't waste your healings on me! 'tis but a flesh wound!? seeing his comments ignored, Elgar continues You're a persistent bastard! By George! But I'll never turn down an offer. Thank you sir! With a smile on his face, he gives the cleric a hearty slap on the back

Plus 24 healing, I'm back at 99hp

Ralasha
2013-04-04, 04:29 PM
Read in OOC, DM was wrong, your fire resistance did not apply, and has admitted it.

Ignus' strange aura continues to shrink back into her as she draws more of them in. (1 more point of con damage, at full HP.)

Imolatus heals Elgar for [roll0] (cure mod + lay on hands for 3.)

"Hm, I suppose the only thing left to do is see if our summoner is still alive.

She moves over to the body and uses prestidigitation to create a mist in front of his mouth to check for breathing.

dethkruzer
2013-04-04, 05:36 PM
The agitated Minotaur snorts a few times, before raising it's body into a more straight posture from the usual hunch. Grumbling a bit, he observes the other beings present, a large bug, some four-armed freak, and one person who may or may not be on fire. "Does any of you know where in the name of the Nine Hells are we?" The creature finally speaks, in a voice much more refined and smooth than one might expect from a minotaur.

Ralasha
2013-04-04, 05:51 PM
"Not in the nine hells I suspect. Else this summoner likely wouldn't have lived long enough to perform whatever ritual he did in attempting to summon whoever 'The Devourer of Evil' is."
She watches the mist for signs of breath.

"Imolatus, come check him for life."

Imolatus walks over, and takes a 10 on the heal check for a total of 23 (+1 from aid, +1 from the bard).

Destrude
2013-04-04, 06:11 PM
The summoner is most definitely dead. He is also not strictly human. The examination reveals a significant amount of minor mutations, from a sixth finger to a large patch of iguana skin and spines on his back. A crushed section of his forearm has slick black tentacles spilling out from under the skin.

Ralasha
2013-04-04, 06:22 PM
"Well, this is unfortunate. We shall have to take him with us until he can be brought back from death. Then he may continue with his... quest, and we may be able to go home." She unceremoniously stuffs the corpse into her heward's after cleaning it with prestidigitation to remove any... mess..

Destrude
2013-04-05, 01:29 AM
With the passing of immediate threat, you can take better stock of your surroundings. The room is finely crafted, each block of stone cut perfectly to fit its neighbors in a complicated, almost puzzle-like pattern. If they were crafted by hand, this room must have taken decades to complete. The furniture too is formed after a very precise sort of randomness, each piece unique and yet fitted perfectly to its neighbors.

There is some minor damage to the books ringing this room, but most appear intact. Their titles span many languages, and appear to largely be historical records. The tapestries hung on the walls seem to depict great battles across time, each with a date underneath.

The gaping hole at the north end of the room, however, draws most of the attention. The ground is some 50 stories below, misted by the crashing waves of a sickly green sea against vertical rock spikes. The wall is shear, a straight drop to that ruinous coast. Looking up reveals that the structure seems to continue up at least another 30 stories or so, and lightning rips through strange orange storm clouds above that.

Ahead of you the coastline meanders out into the distance, rising to form cliffsides in some places. Even at the low spots no beach is evident, only the sharp rock formations. Recognition clicks, and you realize that these are stalagmites (or stalagtites); impossible since there is no cave ceiling above you. Instead, the sky is ripped by titanic firestorms, some larger than any natural storm cloud. Burning and boiling, they move under wind currents they themselves generate. Elsewhere, more of the strange orange clouds emit terrific strokes of lightning, sometimes visibly blasting craters out of solid rock.

Out to the right, the stalagmites continue across a vast rocky plateau, though they seem to thin out farther inland. Shifting patches in the distance suggest either titanic oozes or the movements of large formations of beings, possibly locked in combat. Some structures are visible, most seem to be made of quarried rock and shaped like forts.

To the left, the great green sea stretches into the distance. Ships of some foreign make sail it, cannons booming as they maneuver its choppy surface. In some places the waters run darker, like an oil slick. Elsewhere there is a pinkish cast, as if the sand below were the color of raw human flesh. It seems likely these are sandbars of a sort, being close enough to the surface as to be visible.

There is another feature in this ineffable vista, one that your mind first rejects. It seems as though, far in the distance, there are two of the largest statues you have ever conceived of, posed in combat. One is seemingly humanoid, the other more insectile in shape, and their size must easily exceed more than a mile in height. Then, impossibly, you realize that they are moving.

The humanoid's arm swings down, it's sheer size making the motion seem ponderous, though it must be moving through the air quite quickly. It connects with the six-limbed insect-man, and several seconds later there is a thunderous boom that drowns out all other sound for a moment.

I'll head off the Knowledge: planes checks and tell you that you don't recognize this place from anything before.

Ralasha
2013-04-05, 01:36 AM
Ignus makes a noncommittal noise. "It's like some kind of strange limbo... I would assume those two figures to be gods of some kind, or perhaps Lords of one plane or another. This plane is definitely not friendly." She wraps her arms around herself. "I don't like being mortal. I need to get home before I accidentally destroy this place." She pulls the body out of her bag and searches it thoroughly for any objects or possessions aside from the clothing.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-05, 02:52 AM
Elgar surveys the room with noticeable curiosity, his head peers out to survey this strange planar landscape. With every look, he knew that he knew less and less. With each new uncertainty Elgar grew increasingly excited - the prospect of facing any unknown, his sublime experience.

Ralasha
2013-04-05, 03:02 AM
She hands q wand and diamond to her son, and uses prestidigitation to clean the blood out of the material of the cloak since it shouldn't have been in it long enough to stain just yet.

She slips on the shoes, and gives the cloak to the bard. Puts the necklace in a safe place, and asks who wants the +1 mighty fist amulets, and tosses the orb out through the opening. She then hands out the pearls, one to each ally that assisted during combat, that doesn't want either of the amulets.

She then asks if anyone has a problem with her management of the loot, which they could discus over a barbeque.

Tacitus
2013-04-05, 04:33 AM
Tosser

With a quick flash of blue light the zergling catches the orb as it sails out the hole, and he quickly stows it in his haversack, 'I'll hold onto that, thankyouverymuch. As for the amulets, I can bite, but try not to. I'll take one if no one else has a use for one. Now, if you'll excuse me a moment...'

The zergling's body begins to tremble and a slight pressure fills the air as a wave of soft blue light passes out from his body to encompass the entire room.

Moving to the center of the room.
Minesweeper feat. 3 Hands dedicated to the ability for activation with another 9 dedicated to enhancing the search check.
Full Round Action to Search a 60ft radius area, mostly for any secret doors or hide-y holes. The gaping hole is a nice way down, but might not be fun.
[roll0] +3 vs traps.

The light passes in but a moment, and with it the pressure. A slight glazed look washes over the zergling's eyes, but he focuses again as he awaits the return of his telekinetic 'ping' and for his sub-brain to process it. He lets out a telepathic sigh as his eyes fall on the outside world, 'Seen places not half as strange, and thats being generous. Oh, yes, right, hold a moment.' He shakes himself back and forth, as if casting off dirt, and perks up as though trying to look like a well behaved dog. He seems to even have a smile on his snout, 'People folk call me Tosser, on account of how I like to toss things about far as I can tell. As noted by the two unfortunate elementals at the start there. I'd be sorry if they hadn't been trying to off us. Falling to one's death is about one of the worst ways.'

Ralasha
2013-04-05, 04:40 AM
"I think the two you didn't push out were the unlucky ones... some type of a mixture of fire and earth elemental I'm unfamiliar with. How did that golem get up here?"

dethkruzer
2013-04-05, 10:52 AM
"As pleasent a it would be to stay here and find out what in Hades is going on, I believe that if whatever those attackers were want us dead, surely they would strike again if we stay here." The minoatur speaks, walking over to the hole in the wall. "We could try going up, at least those of us capable."

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-05, 04:41 PM
He speaks truth! We must hurry - seize the initiative, we'll bring them the fight!

Ralasha
2013-04-05, 05:39 PM
Ignus shakes her head. "By the same logic they would have already attacked again."

She looks around for any actual doors into or out of the room that aren't secret.

Re'ozul
2013-04-05, 07:15 PM
Lumir

Having stopped singing as it appears everyone's wounds have been healed, Lumir speaks her mind.
"Considering the view to the 'outside' it is likely there is a sort of war commencing and the one who summoned us was simply one of the parties involved. As his summon apparently failed and the ones pursuing him are dead, it is likely that one of two things will happen, depending on the threat he presented. If he was a strong threat, either side could send reinforcements at any point. If he was a low threat, it is likely that few people will take note of his fate.
In either instance, I bid you for a few more minutes to allow me a reassesment of my abilities as this is not what I had set out to do."

Ralasha
2013-04-05, 07:24 PM
"You seemed to have done very well... For a mortal." She stuffs the remains back into her bag. One of which I am now... damnit. I'm going to kill him when I have him raised.

Destrude
2013-04-05, 10:20 PM
Tosser's search turns up a few cockroaches, assorted bits of dust and old wood splinters, and a hidden door built into the east edge of the room, concealed behind a tapestry of some celestial being raining destruction on a horde of lesser devils. There is also a loose stone in the wall not far from the door.

There don't appear to be any regular doors or passages in the room, though fresh air is blowing in from several small vents in the floor, and drifting up to a matching set in the ceiling.

No traps are evident.

Ralasha
2013-04-05, 10:24 PM
Are there any non-concealed doors?

Tacitus
2013-04-06, 12:23 AM
Tosser

The zergling tilts his head to one side and then waggles back and forth every so slightly as his telekinetic hands reach out and try to manipulate the stone, assuming it to be a latch or mechanism of some kind. If it fails, he'll try manipulating the door directly, a slightly blue glow trailing from him towards the loose stone and door. To the others comes a merry telepathic chuckle, 'A door, looks like. Preferable, as I don't climb well, what with not having hands, and haven't quite got the hang of flying yet.'

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 12:26 AM
She looks at the wall. "If there is a door there I can open it." She walks over towards the wall in question. "I never bothered to learn to fly, I suppose I could but I've never had any reason to."

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-06, 12:39 AM
A pensive Elgar stands akimbo. If we are going to stay on this plane for a while, it might be worthwhile to learn more about our temporary host at the end of the sentence two of his hands points at Ignus' bag Based on the tapestry, we can safely deduce he was not a native. he continues Maybe a mind sharper than mine can deduce more

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 12:42 AM
"I do not intend to be offensive, but based upon your appearance, many minds in this room are likely sharper than your own."

Destrude
2013-04-06, 12:52 AM
The loose stone pops free easily, revealing a small cavity stuffed with 200gp and a small bag of premium pipe tobacco. The hidden door has a small handhold built into its edge, and slides easily to the side on tracks.

Behind it is a small room, maybe 10' square. It is bare save for a circle of runes carved into the floor that glow. It radiates teleportation magic. Very old teleportation magic.

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 01:00 AM
"We seem to have found the exit. Imolatus my son, attend me." Once joined by her son they both step into the circle. Her son retrieving his staff from his bag, which bursts into flame in his hand as she does the same. (Produce flame, both cast iron staves now dealing 5d6 fire damage in addition to their normal damage.)

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-06, 01:07 AM
You may not intend to be offensive, but you are still offensive. You are a fiery one...in every sense of the word. Elgar grins while watching the Ignus and Imolatus step onto the circle, curious at what will happen, but disappointed that he did not get to go first.

Surprisingly, Elgar's pretty average for the party int 12 whoop, suck on that stereotypes

Destrude
2013-04-06, 01:20 AM
The circle's glow brightens slightly, but nothing else happens. There is a sort of thickness to the air, like its waiting for something.

Knowledge: arcana DC 25, or Knowledge: Nobility DC 10.

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 01:22 AM
Ignus tilts her head to the side slightly. [roll0] ****ing bard HAD to quit singing.

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 02:06 AM
Ignus drags her son out of the circle and back to the hole in the wall.

Ignus continues melting a staircase. Just because the DM is being difficult... I'll be dealing... oh look, 1/2 damage = 100%.

first attack, first block: 96 damage. (son heals the 3 damage)
Second attack: 96 damage. (son heals the 3 damage)
Third attack, 96 damage. etc. (son heals the 3 damage)

Stairway please.

Fire resistance doesn't count..

Destrude
2013-04-06, 03:02 AM
As Ignus melts a new staircase along the outside of the tower the stones cool extremely fast, becoming cool to the touch in less than a minute. She gets about a quarter of the way around the tower before a resounding CHUN-GUNK sound echoes up from below. Visible on the ground near the coast is a massive catapult, and arcing up from it is another ball of copper gears with four flaming rockmen clinging to it.

With a loud CRASH they slam into the surface of the tower just a few stories below the previous hole, sending a rumble through the structure as they disappear inside of it.

Make an Acrobatics check, DC 15. Failing that causes a Ref save, DC 25 to catch on the smooth stones. Catching a falling comrade is a touch attack and a Str check, DC based on the weight of who's falling. I'll supply the DC if we need it. Elgar, if he's outside at the time, takes a -4 on the Acrobatics since he's notably larger and thus harder pressed to keep footing on the staircase.

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 03:07 AM
Ignus quickly casts featherfall on herself and her son. (This is gonna suck. Taking 10 damage.)

Ignus Acrobatics: [roll0]
Ignus Reflex: [roll1]

Imo Acrobatics: [roll2]
Imo Reflex Save: [roll3]

Blah.

*edit Imolatus jumps and follows his mother (and deity) to the ground below. If she reaches it.

**There's about to be a lot of very dead enemies. Very quickly.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-06, 03:43 AM
The shuddering of the tower almost shook Elgar off his feet. Almost felling to his death was exciting. THIS IS EXCITING!?
Acrobatic [roll0]
Reflex [roll1]

Seeing Ignus fall, Elgar quickly grabbed the deepfire elemental, pulling her towards himself.
If still on impromptu staircase

Touch attack [roll2]
Str check [roll3]

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 03:47 AM
Ignus bows her head. "I thank you. Coincidentally, having most likely saved my life, I now owe you a debt of repayment, a debt I shall choose to pay in my own manner, at a time of my choosing." She grins lasciviously "Perhaps while the others sleep."

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-06, 03:51 AM
That would be a challenge I would not ...resist! But we shall cross that bridge when we cross it!? Now those brutes below. I recommend a generous application of fire!

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 03:53 AM
"I concur, but perhaps we should withdraw from the opening first?" She whistles, and her son makes his way back into the room.

dethkruzer
2013-04-06, 05:24 AM
"You can melt this stone, right?" The minotaur Asks, addressing the burning lady. "Could you perhaps make us a way down?"

Ralasha
2013-04-06, 05:29 AM
"I could, or a way up either. Though down would be slightly more difficult as the stone cannot flow..."

She begins melting at the edge of the hole to the outside to make a way for them to go down. "I hate this... stone. Whatever it is, it bothers me. I do not like it. It fights my fire like elemental ice."

Mmm.. 120 damage/round to create the hole.

dethkruzer
2013-04-06, 06:58 AM
"In that case I could lend a hand." He speaks, his bizarre weapon appearing in his hand as he walked over to the hole. Then, letting out a fearsome roar, he strikes at the molten rock.

Using Mountain Hammer Manuever on the floor. Repeating every two rounds, using rounds inbetween to recover manuevers.

Assuming I can use the average result, it would be 19 points of hardness ignoring damagwe wtih each hit.

Tacitus
2013-04-06, 10:12 PM
Tosser

While the others continue to explore the room and carve away at the walls the zergling disappears behind a few chairs that pile themselves up at his bidding. He completely misses Ignus almost falling to her death, and reemerges just as the first bit of blasting away is completed. He's grown in length abut two inches, developed massive bat-like wings, and his skin seems to have thickened considerably, with strange crystals embedded within. He stumbles over to the others, looking as though he's about to vomit, 'I do believe I'm having an allergic reaction to this plane. Its given me wings.'

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-06, 10:34 PM
As his new companions continued with their impromptu modifications, Elgar begins hurling blocks of the very structure itself at their would be assailants 50 storeys below.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
I hurl an...arbitrary number of hurling-slabs-o-fiery-death(tm) :smallconfused:

Amidst his temporary occupation as a living siege weapon, Elgar had just enough time to turn his head and notice the zergling. His response, a simple exclamation of Bully!? before continuing with his rock hurling.

Destrude
2013-04-07, 09:31 PM
Elgar's barrage of stone death quickly drives the siege engine back into the cover of the coastal rock spires. Moments later, a disc-shaped platform of wood rises from the same area, soaring upwards rapidly. It has a rim of metal forming a series of firing nooks, and a bulge on the bottom with ports of some kind facing downward. The underside is plated with the same metal, a dull grayish material.

Onboard are a group of insectile creatures, looking much like centipedes with human faces and arms. On their backs are bows locked to a leather harness, laying horizontally but facing towards their heads.

As the platform rises, a pulse of magic emanates from the small hidden room. A slender creature steps out, its features obscured by a heavy cloak pulled around it. Holding up its scaly, 3-fingered hands, it speaks in sibilant common.

"What are you people doing here? This tower is being evacuated, Xenthrax has forsaken us. We must flee!"

Ralasha
2013-04-07, 09:35 PM
"Out summoner died before he could explain anything, I have his preserved remains. I did manage to puzzle the teleporter, but without any knowledge of whence to go, I was left in a bit of a quandary. I can kill the attacking forces if you wish."

Destrude
2013-04-07, 09:47 PM
The being stops for a moment, tilting its head. "Summoned? But, the summoning failed! This makes no-" He is cut off by the sound of crumbling stonework from somewhere below. "Ahh! Damned golems are taking this place apart! Stay if you wish, and be buried in this place."

He turns and darts back into the smaller room. He shouts out the word "Beachhead!", and vanishes in a quick flash of light.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-07, 09:50 PM
Turning to the others Perhaps "Beachhead" is where we should go!? Via the te-le-porter! It is foolish and without purpose to die under a pile of rubble!

Ralasha
2013-04-07, 09:54 PM
"Most likely. Or it is an enemy ploy. Shall we go and see? Let us, everyone gather on the teleporter and find out, yes?"
Ignus flies up, leaving a trail of brightly glowing embers that die out after a few moments, and drops on Elgar's Shoulder with the excuse of probably needing the room in the circle.

Tacitus
2013-04-07, 10:44 PM
Tosser

The zergling waddles over to the once-hidden room, his telekinetic hands reaching out to grab and stow the gold pieces and pipe tobacco nearby. Oddly, the telltale glow of his telekinesis is absent. He shifts his wings about while waiting to teleport, trying to find the most comfortable means of holding them to himself when not using them.

If there happens to be a hidden person about, it will receive a private telepathic message, 'Better hurry, man-thing. Don't want to be left behind.'

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-07, 10:57 PM
The hulking Elgar saunters towards the teleporter, Ignus on his shoulder. Once satisfied his companions are on the circle, he bellows in his deep gumbling voice BEACHHEAD!?

Destrude
2013-04-07, 11:16 PM
The energy of the teleportation ring builds quickly to a sharp FRACK, and in an instant the waiting party is transported to a bustling encampment.

All around there are strange creatures in simple military armor. Each looks similar to a human, but patches of scaly iguana skin are visible around their necks and the backs of their heads. Most have a shock of short black hair, though some have grey creeping in at the temples. Their hands are similar to the robed creature that just fled through the porter, three-fingered and clawed. Their legs are digitigrade, and their feet three-toed.

The encampment is fairly large, tents spanning at least 300 square feet in and around the rock spires that appear ubiquitous in this area. The general state of affairs suggests that this is a military detachment in the process of packing up and leaving.

Behind you about 2 miles is the tower you arrived in, its surface pocked by golem entrance holes. To the right is the strange ocean, crashing against a wall of rock spires. All around you the strange creatures stop what they were doing and draw weapons, looking startled.

One of the lizard-men, garbed in a heavy cloak over his armor, hisses in Draconic.

"Who the hell are you? Spies aren't so stupid, and the enemy has no such creatures."

Ralasha
2013-04-07, 11:21 PM
In Draconic. "I am The Eternal Flame. We were summoned..." She pulls the corpse from her bag, floats down to the ground and sets it down. "By this man. Apparently he was trying to summon The Devourer of Evil. I cannot say he entirely failed... but I prefer to convert evil into ashes. You will lower your weapons. Threatening an Elemental Lord is never intelligent."

Destrude
2013-04-07, 11:51 PM
The cloaked one makes a gesture and the rest lower their weapons, though they continue to watch you. Reaching down, he looks at the dead summoner's face.

"Poor Vrax, you were a sword at my side. May you serve the Creators faithfully." Standing, he turns to the party. "I apologize for your presence here; as you have guessed we were trying to call someone else. I had thought the ritual simply failed, but instead you were pulled into this mess."

He makes a small bowing motion, hands clasped in front of him. "I am Kommisar Grendel, of the Line of Truth. Egg-brother to Praetor General Malix Grendel, and currently the commander of these fine Vasharii warriors you see." He makes a sweeping gesture indicating the encampment.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a tactical withdrawal to lead. You may follow or not, it makes no difference to me." He turns and begins barking orders to the gathered warriors, exhorting them to hurry.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-08, 12:52 AM
In a single motion, Elgar lifts Ignus of his shoulder and places her next to him. Interrupting Grendel before he had chance to leave Elgar interjects What plane is this?! and this threat you are retreating from, what can you tell us about it?! We need to be forewarned! the tone of his voice, a mixture of frustration and excitement.

Ralasha
2013-04-08, 01:02 AM
Ignus pulls the amulet from her pocket, and levitates it to in front of the man's face, a small trail of sparks (as from a fire) trail it through the air. "He had this on his person. I felt it may be important to you. I shall not bore anyone with my full list of titles. You may, I would point out, benefit from our assistance. On the plane from which I was summoned I am a God. I may lack in power here... wherever this is. But I can still purify the tainted with the fires of heaven. Including us may save you some difficulty."

Imolatus uses his ability to detect evil as Ignus speaks.

Destrude
2013-04-08, 01:09 AM
The Kommisar pauses for a moment to take the necklace and nod solemnly. "I am not empowered to hire mercenaries, though I appreciate your offer. Xarvis here will answer your questions. Xarvis!" Waving his hand, Grendel calls over another vashar and tells him to attend to you.

This vashar is garbed in light armor similar to scale mail, and a shortbow made of some dark wood rests on his back. "This way, strangers!" He waves you after him towards the center of the camp. "There is much to be done, and little time. I will take you to our map room and explain as much as I can."

Ducking into a large tent, he grabs a roll of parchment and spreads it out on the lone table in the room. The table is made of a light metal, and its legs appear to fold up for transport. Light is provided by a permanent Dancing Lights sphere in a lantern.

"Now, to your questions. This plane is called Drevan, though most outsiders call it Forgehome. The opposing forces call themselves The Way, and they are some sort of coalition of races we've not seen before. They aim to conquer, but how much and for what purpose we know not." His delivery is rapid-fire and direct, like a military briefing. He points to a tower near the center of the map as he continues.

"This is the tower you arrived at, and we are currently south of it, here." The coastline divides the map down the center, curling in and out to form coves and harbors. There are red triangles to the north of the tower, made in some sort of paste. He points to the south of the tower by about two inches as he mentions your current location.

Ralasha
2013-04-08, 01:15 AM
Ignus looks closely at the positions of the enemy forces, with a small, almost sadistic smile. "Mmm... Scouting, do you know if these positions are accurate, what of their make-up and numbers? Do they have patrols, in what directions? How many, what compositions?"

Imolatus leans in and whispers into Ignus' ear, at which she looks up, an odd expression on her face. "What are the names and titles of your god or gods? Do not lie to me either."

Imolatus casts Detect Lies.

Destrude
2013-04-08, 02:29 AM
Ignus looks closely at the positions of the enemy forces, with a small, almost sadistic smile. "Mmm... Scouting, do you know if these positions are accurate, what of their make-up and numbers? Do they have patrols, in what directions? How many, what compositions?"

The vashar looks slightly amused. "I suppose where you come from they don't have such a thing as 'state secrets'? I can say that they are many, and powerful. Their very weapons are living creatures, and they have somehow pierced the Boundary to assault our reality. Beyond that?" He shrugs.

Imolatus leans in and whispers into Ignus' ear, at which she looks up, an odd expression on her face. "What are the names and titles of your god or gods? Do not lie to me either."

Imolatus casts Detect Lies.

At this the scout looks confused, then wary. "I worship the Primalcrux, the great originator of life. There are several others, all aspects of the great Drago that is our father. As for titles, well I suppose their names are really just titles anyway. What would one call the bringer of life? Tim?" He snickers at his own joke, but quickly regains composure.

"Why do you ask? I imagine you'll not find any fellows from your pantheon here. This is Forgehome, after all."

Ralasha
2013-04-08, 02:39 AM
Ignus giggles. "Forgehome? I am here then, for tell me. What use is a forge without FIRE?!" As she says the last word the ground beneath her suddenly glows red and begins to melt. Imolatus quickly backsteps.

dethkruzer
2013-04-08, 05:14 PM
the minotaur seems rather baffled once again, and simply follows the group around until they reach the Map room, Ign staying outside, crouching in order to get a view inside. Seeing how things progress, the beast rubs it's forehead before tapping his four-armed "comrade" on the shoulder. "Is it just me, or should we perhaps do something, before this stupid woman gets us all killed?

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-08, 06:15 PM
Hmm yes!? Maybe?! hoping that Xarvis was suitably impressed by Ignus' display, Elgar lumbered forward towards the vashar whispering to Ignus Surely you would not debase yourself, reacting to the mere words of these..mortals. Standing over Xarvis, Elgar exclaims in a tone threatening yet diplomatic at the same time Forgive her! You must understand that she was a god in another plane! That being said - I have no qualms that she will not hesitate to kill every vasharii here - or atleast die trying. I suggest you direct her anger into something more beneficial. Take her offer. I urge you

Ralasha
2013-04-09, 12:59 AM
Ignus giggles again, and pats Elgar on the arm, she plants a kiss on his bicep, effectively branding him with her lips. "You are of course, correct." My max HP goes down by 5, you have permanent (absolute) fire resistance 10.

((Mechanically, I am sacrificing my HP (from which my character draws magic) To give Elgar a permanent buff. One which I can dispel at will, but will not regain my max HP from.))

Destrude
2013-04-09, 02:52 AM
Xarvis looks at the fiery woman, clearly quite concerned. "Of course, my humblest apologies my lady, I meant no offense." He shoots a thankful look at Elgar and the Minotaur.

Calmer now, he continues. "The truth is, we really don't know much about these invaders yet. All contact has been met with immediate hostility, and our scouts have had serious casualties so far. A request for reinforcements has been dispatched, but the nearest are two days travel at least." He pauses for a moment, thinking.

"The Kommisar spoke truth, we cannot hire mercenaries, but we can designate you as friendlies. We have an IFF orb, enchanted to make you register as allied forces to magical detection. It would allow you to move in our territories, and limit friendly fire incidents. I can issue you one, if you like. Per our rules of battle, you would be entitled to any gear from your kills, and eligible to claim war bounties."

He shrugs slightly. "That's the best I can do right now. If we get authorization to hire then it'll be a different story. In the meantime I'll give you a map of the area and rations if you need them."

Ralasha
2013-04-09, 02:54 AM
"If any friendly fire occurs..." She chuckles. "Now, perhaps you can tell me why you appear to be evil?"

Destrude
2013-04-09, 03:01 AM
"If any friendly fire occurs..." She chuckles. "Now, perhaps you can tell me why you appear to be evil?"

The vashar bristles slightly, then slumps. A look of crushing weariness comes over his face. "I am a soldier, and war is a harsh place to be. I, and my comrades, have had to do... difficult things... to survive. I am not proud of them all."

He straightens, defiant again. "But I am not a bad person, no matter what stain is on my aura. I wear my scars like badges, I have prevailed where lesser vashar have broken, and my brothers stand beside me."

Ralasha
2013-04-09, 03:03 AM
"So. You appear to be evil... because you have performed evil acts? If I were to check the enemy, might they appear as glowing beacons of good? If they did, what might I do?" She taps her lips, the act somehow seeming... stimulating.

dethkruzer
2013-04-09, 03:38 AM
"Perhaps if we did not question whether they are good or evil, and focus on thing like survival." The horned beast grumbles in frustration.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-09, 06:07 AM
Perhaps it was the realisation that he had averted an inter-planar conflict, perhaps it was the kiss planted by Ignus, whatever it was Elgar felt more alive than ever. I am no philosopher, matters of morality are not my forte!? - but from what I see of this plane, things are not likely to be as black and white as we like! least not for us mortals anyway! at the end of his sentence, he stares intently at Ignus, grinning slightly before continuing, his voice in his typical exclamation-like cadence The minotaur speaks truth! Survival in this strange place is my concern. For now!?

Ralasha
2013-04-09, 06:30 AM
"Mmmm... I wonder what time of day it is. It might be best if we slept so we can start tomorrow with a clear head, and with more calm emotions. Yes?" She glances up at Elgar, and subconsciously wets her lips.

Tacitus
2013-04-09, 09:01 AM
Tosser has kept quiet, at least in terms of his telepathic voice. He seems to have finally found the best way to settle his wings, but seems to be acting like an unintelligent animal.

Re'ozul
2013-04-09, 05:54 PM
Having stayed quiet, trying to assimilate all of this new information, Lumir cannot help but attempt to be helpful in return.

" I thank you for the considerations and the offer of rations you have given us. If such a help is welcome, I offer my limited ability to heal injuries as well as repair broken equipment."

The Fast healing Hymnal for healing
at-will Make Whole for limited repairs

Ralasha
2013-04-09, 06:02 PM
Imolatus speaks: "I also have some limited healing. I have other abilities, but they would likely injure or kill you, as you are evil, I can however, remove curses, blindness, deafness, diseases, and restore some function to those that have suffered the effects of limited poisons and diseases as well."

Ignus smiles. "Unfortunately my talents would not be useful. Unless you have someone you want dead."

Destrude
2013-04-10, 01:27 AM
"Mmmm... I wonder what time of day it is. It might be best if we slept so we can start tomorrow with a clear head, and with more calm emotions. Yes?" She glances up at Elgar, and subconsciously wets her lips.

"It's approximately 1/2 way through our day, though the firestorms in the area make it almost as bright as day no matter the time.

" I thank you for the considerations and the offer of rations you have given us. If such a help is welcome, I offer my limited ability to heal injuries as well as repair broken equipment."

The vashar scout nods in thanks, adding a slight dip by flexing his digitigrade legs. "Most appreciated. I can direct you to our wounded, we're hoping to get everyone mobile as soon as possible."

Ignus smiles. "Unfortunately my talents would not be useful. Unless you have someone you want dead."

At this, Xarvis perks up slightly. "Actually, we are expecting some sort of attack as we prepare to withdraw. If you lot could help patrol the northern edge of camp it would free up more hands to help with preparations. I can speak with the watch commander if you like."

Ralasha
2013-04-10, 02:53 AM
At this, Xarvis perks up slightly. "Actually, we are expecting some sort of attack as we prepare to withdraw. If you lot could help patrol the northern edge of camp it would free up more hands to help with preparations. I can speak with the watch commander if you like."

Ignus sighs, and makes a follow me motion. "Alright, I'm only going to do this the once, because it's really not pleasant. But I'll make it so the enemy can't get in from the north by conventional means." She pats her back. "Ever had a piggyback ride before? You'll want to hold on."

dethkruzer
2013-04-10, 05:21 AM
"I can offer what magic I know, Although as is, I'm probably more help with either breaking things or doing some heavy lifting." The minotaur offers.

Destrude
2013-04-11, 12:43 AM
Xarvis looks a little concerned at the elemental's suggestion. "Whatever you're planning I would have to clear with the watch commander first. And in any case, we only expect scouting elements, not a full assault."

Turning to the minotaur:"A strong pair of hands is always appreciated, I'd be happy to set you up with the loading crews if you like."

The vashar looks around for a moment before leaning in conspiratorially. "There is a personal matter I think you all could help with, if you're willing. A recon party was lost yesterday, and declared missing in action by the Kommisar. My egg-brother was a part of that group, and it is my hope that they still survive. The porter keyword that leads closest to their patrol zone was locked, but I can override it for you."

He pauses for a moment, distress evident in his expression. "That area has been overrun, but its my hope that the enemy hasn't left behind any rearguard. They seem bent on driving us out, not securing territory per se. It would still be a hazardous mission, but I would be in your debt if you can find my kin."

"Will you help me?"

Tacitus
2013-04-11, 12:46 AM
The zergling keeps up the animal act, directing a private message to the others he arrived with, 'Been ages since I've played the beast. I wonder if they've noticed I'm smarter than most of them.' There is the distinct impression of a pause as Xarvis explains his situation, 'If anything it seems a fine way to contact the other side, see how they stack up. I'm down, whether we're actually helping or not.'

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-11, 12:47 AM
By George! That sounds Dangerous!? I cannot speak for the others, but count me in! I love dangerous things?! the prospect of a potentially messy death seems to make the half-fiend even more excited

Ralasha
2013-04-11, 07:56 AM
Ignus stands up, and lifts into the airon a growing pillar of fire (60') as she gets a look towards the enemy lines. Yeah, sure... fine. Damn, and I was really looking forward to that 'nap'. Probably wouldn't get much sleep though.... She shrugs.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-11, 03:22 PM
You'll get your nap soon enough!? But first, we've got some bastards to rescue!?!

Ralasha
2013-04-11, 03:27 PM
The pillar of fire seems to sink into the ground until she is once against standing on the solid surface. "Then let's be about it?! We should Hurry?! We don't know how long they might remain alive?! Not that it isn't cute, but why do you always make statements as though they are questions?!"

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-11, 03:32 PM
Letting off a haughty laug at Ignus' question, Elgar retorts Forgive me! But I get like that, when I'm excited!?

Ralasha
2013-04-11, 03:39 PM
She grins mischievously "I wonder what you'll sound like when you're really excited later..." She then bites her bottom lip in anticipation.

She seems to stretch, her arms reaching upwards, flames form around her reaching up and draw into her, seeming to cause her to grow to large size.

(She is now large size, for the moment)

She then leans forward slightly and shakes side to side at him.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-11, 04:03 PM
With a raised eyebrow, Elgar, uncharateristcally nonchalant, remarks That is...impressive! You certainly enjoy using your not inconsiderable wiles...perhaps you'll find out in time! BUT!! We must focus on the task at hand! If I set out to do something, I intend to finish it, and finish it WELL!!? at the end of his sentence, you would have swore he was crescendoing and was about to start beating his chest...

Re'ozul
2013-04-11, 05:31 PM
Lumir thinks for a moment, then acknowledges the task as worthy.

"Such an endeavour would most likely help more than a simply closing of wounds or repair of equipment."

Ralasha
2013-04-11, 05:34 PM
"I was going to put up a wall of a few miles in length between us and the enemy. But if this is better..."

Destrude
2013-04-12, 02:42 AM
Xarvis looks relieved at the party's agreement. Looking around the tent for a moment, he secures a small map scroll and a set of marble-sized iron cubes. Setting them on the table, he gestures to the group.

"These are our IFF emitters, I have enough for you all. The map is of the area you'll be arriving at, and my egg-brother's patrol route is marked. If their shaman is alive, he should sense your emitters and seek you out. If not...." He frowns. "His name is Sennik Vaas, and mine is Xarvis Vaas. Hopefully he will believe you, and come back to me safe."

The vashar draws himself up, his expression determined. "Tell me when you are ready, and I will lead you to the porter. And... thank you."

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-12, 05:34 AM
Arms on his waist, chest puffed, Elgar exclaims Lead on good vashar!!..but pray tell, these emitters, what are their purpose!?

Ralasha
2013-04-12, 05:37 AM
Ignus walks over and picks up one of the cubes to examine it with arcane sight, and identify'.

dethkruzer
2013-04-12, 07:06 AM
"I would imagine some kind of tracking device." The minotaur says, observing the device.

Knowledge (Arcana) check: [roll0]

Destrude
2013-04-13, 02:06 AM
Arms on his waist, chest puffed, Elgar exclaims Lead on good vashar!!..but pray tell, these emitters, what are their purpose!?

"They are a sort of covert "call and response" system, which we use to keep from firing on friendly forces skulking out there in the dark. The code word 'Rupture' in celestial will cause them to self-destruct within audible range, to keep them from the enemy."

As soon as the party is ready, Xarvis will lead you all to the teleport circle you arrived at. Bending down, he inscribes a set of runes in the circle.

"There, the circle's controls are overridden. Just step on and speak the destination 'North Lightning Wastes', and you'll be near their last patrol zone. I recommend stealth, the enemy might still be nearby. And seek cover if the lightning storms flare up, they can be violent."

Ralasha
2013-04-13, 05:28 AM
Knowledge: Arcana check
Its not unheard of to make simple magical items for a single purpose, like a arcane signet ring.

Arcane Sight
The object radiates a strong aura of Enchantment magic in a very short radius.

Identify
The spell is somewhat akin to Magic Mouth, but its trigger and response is purely magical. A specific spell would cause this to "respond" by emitting a magical pulse.

"Ahhhh. It is a variant on a magic mouth spell using a spell trigger, it then releases an area effect which would alert anyone knowing to watch for it. I'll be staying here. Being on fire and visible from miles away isn't stealthy."

Re'ozul
2013-04-13, 10:47 AM
Lumir

Only sudden realization prevents Lumir from a grave mistake. She has met too many attempting to speak the Celestial tongue and butchering it in the process. So when their contact talks of 'Rupture' her first instinct is to confront him with the word and ask wether that is the one he means.

The realization that such would however destroy the very things they were just given stays her mouth just in time.
Blushing slightly, she breathes deep and proceeds to move onto the teleportation ring.

Ralasha
2013-04-13, 10:52 AM
Ignus stops a moment. Loosens the top of her 'robe' and shakes her head, causing the flames adorning her head to cascade down like flowing water, splashing against her shoulders. She then ranges it as one would their locks, to be held behind her by the top of her robes, and refitting the top, pulls up a hood, giving a similar effects as a bulls-eye lantern. "I think that this may work. I'm not certain as to how well though." She pushes some of her 'hair' back into the hood as it slips out.

dethkruzer
2013-04-13, 01:58 PM
The minotaur steps forward, stopping for a brief moment to look at the fiery female, wondering what she was trying to achieve. Not sacrificing much more thought for that, he steps onto the teleportation circle.

Ralasha
2013-04-13, 05:09 PM
Ignus glances around, an obvious flashlight like effects occurring due to the hood. "Better than nothing? No?"

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-13, 06:34 PM
Impressed with the trinkets given to them, Elgar admires the vashar's dedication in making sure they do not fall into the enemy's hands. Following in his comrade's lead, he steps onto the teleportation circle I do hope we teleport into the middle of a fight! I suppose we should be prepared!

Elgar readies an action to tumble off the circle, to the side as soon as they teleported in: acrobatic check [roll0]
Realise it may not be the most clever option. But thats what Elgar would do :smallbiggrin:

Ralasha
2013-04-13, 06:39 PM
Ignus floats an inch or two off of the ground, and hovers just above the surface inside of the circle.

Destrude
2013-04-14, 02:06 AM
Again the magical energy builds to a sudden POP, and the world around you is changed.

The rock spires are thick here, like a stony forest. 5' thick at the base and upwards of 20' tall, they generally block line of sight past 50 feet. The spires abruptly stop about 200 feet out, giving way to a blasted plain. The rock there is scorched and cratered, and some sections have actually fused into glass. Overhead the sky is ripped by violent storm clouds, and even now you see a finger of blinding light touch down in the distance. The following thunderclap deafens you for a second, and makes your hair stand on end.

Behind you is the crashing coasts, the strangely colored surf fanning up in narrow jets as it hits the rock spires. To either side the spires thin out as you look back towards what must be the East in front of you.

Perception checks at -6, unless you're immune to deafness.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-14, 02:26 AM
By George!? Elgar exclaims, before quickly surveying their immediate surroundings Anyone care to take to the sky and do some aerial reconnaissance?

Perception check [roll0]

Tacitus
2013-04-14, 09:01 AM
Tosser groans in pain at the intense sound of the thunderclap, his head ducking low as ringing explodes through his senses. Almost as a reaction a pulse of blue light flares out from his body, washing over those present but having no apparent effect.

Perception: [roll0]
This includes the -6, however, within 60ft he has Mindsight and he's using Touchsight out to 70ft. So, anything hiding really close is probably noticed, but otherwise probably not. >.>

dethkruzer
2013-04-14, 10:01 AM
"WHAT??!" The minotaur calls out uselessly.

Re'ozul
2013-04-14, 10:02 AM
Lumir

With a snap, a dagger appears in Lumir's hand only to flake away instantly. At once she floats upwards next to one of the spires, attempting to see make out anything of use.

Fly on self.
Perception: [roll0] Includes the -6

Ralasha
2013-04-14, 12:19 PM
Imolatus casts remove deafness on himself, then Ignus. Then Elgar.

Then stands, burning staff in hand.

Destrude
2013-04-15, 01:51 AM
Lumir only:
You can make out the sound of rustling armor and weapons over the echoes of the thunder. As the echoes fade, so too do the armor sounds come to a quick halt. You'd guess at least 3 beings, probably medium armor, about 100 feet away towards the coast to the west and its thicker spires.

From your vantage point, you see a small clearing in the rock spires. In it is visible the tops of several tents and the glow of a covered fire.

The echoes fade, though strikes in the distance and a continuous rumbling indicate that the storm is far from over. The smell of ozone pervades this place, and your hairs continue to stand on end.

There is evidence of small insect tracks everywhere, and several incidences of what look like snake trails, though their size suggests something the diameter of a gnome. Leading from the porter circle is a set of distinctive vashar tracks as well, their digitigrade lizard feet are unmistakeable. They appear to head northward, paralleling the coastline.

Tosser only:
Mindsight reveals only your compatriots and some Int 1 and 2 Animals fleeing or hiding among and in the spires. Touch sight confirms their sizes as Diminuative to Tiny, as well as some hard-shelled things that are likely mindless insects of some sort. Interestingly, touch sight also tells you that many of these spires are hollow, and connect to tunnels below the ground.

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-15, 04:41 AM
An impatient Elgar looks up at the flying aasimar, gesturing with his hands as if to say So? What do you see?

Re'ozul
2013-04-15, 05:29 AM
Lumir

Descending again, Lumir speaks.

"I heard the rustling of armor some hundred feet towards where the spires are denser. There also seems to be small area with none that houses a grouping of tents, most likely a camp of some kind."

Ralasha
2013-04-15, 09:36 AM
Imolatus points at the footprints leading away from the teleporter. "There are tracks!"

dethkruzer
2013-04-15, 02:57 PM
The minotaur snarls furiously, his odd weapon, the oversized tentacle-bound skeleton key appearing in his hand while the beast looks about in frustration.

Tacitus
2013-04-15, 03:10 PM
Tosser tilts his head to one side and slowly begins moving towards one of the hollow spires. His telekinetic hands run over the strange spire, the glow once again absent as he speaks to the others, 'These spires, they're hollow. And... tunnels below?'

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-15, 03:11 PM
Pleased with the female Aasimar's comment about potential enemies nearby, Elgar notes Imolatus' observation with equal excitment.

Did you see any body in the encampment? I'd say we should bring ourselves down on whoever those fellows in the bush.

Ralasha
2013-04-15, 03:12 PM
Ignus quickly looks up, checking for signs of a gas giant in the sky, or two stars.

Re'ozul
2013-04-15, 03:47 PM
Looking at Elgar, Lumir elaborates.

"I only flew high enough to see the encampment itself. I know not how many beings there are within. I dared not fly higher and give my position away."

Ralasha
2013-04-16, 08:17 PM
Ignus still giving off light like a bullseye lantern from beneath her hood, and her son giving off bright light out to 10', with torch level light out to 20'. Ignus looks at Lumir skeptically. "Really? You think you're the one that's going to give away our position by flying when two of us are shining light miniature suns?"

Destrude
2013-04-17, 03:32 AM
There are neither gas giants nor stars of any sort visible at the moment. Tremendous thunderheads and savage firestorms fill the sky.

Another lightning bolt touches down fairly close, bringing with it the expected peal of thunder. A slight tremor rumbles through the ground.

Re'ozul
2013-04-17, 05:26 AM
Lumir

"These spires block sight of anything further away than perhaps fifty feet. Though your light will reflect off them, it is still less likely to be seen by the camp than someone flying overhead.
The question however, should be wether we advance on this camp or not."

Ralasha
2013-04-17, 10:32 AM
"So, we go both ways? Those of that can fly in one direction, those that can't in the other. Who follows the scouts' footprints?"

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-17, 04:15 PM
A ponderous Elgar peeps up But is it wise to split up in a foreign place such as this?

dethkruzer
2013-04-17, 05:30 PM
The Minotaur Turned to Elgar. "Most likely not, none of us apparently know that much about this place, and taking into account that we're currently on a battlefield on hostile territory..." The beast spoke in it's unusually refined maner, looking at the members of the makeshift party. "... It would probablt be best to stick together." He finished, albeit somewhat reluctantly.

Ralasha
2013-04-18, 02:17 AM
Ignus shrugs, "That is why I suggested we go in groups of fliers and non flyers. The group that can fly would be faster to respond to the distress of the other group.

Tacitus
2013-04-18, 06:51 AM
Tosser continues to telekinetically prod at the hollow spire, checking to see if there is any access between the surface and the tunnels through it or if its just an oddity of the landscape. He sighs telepathically, 'I'd worry about signalling one another if we split up over any significant distance, but fire works just as well. Well, for one half anyhow.'

Ralasha
2013-04-18, 11:20 AM
"I can fly, my son cannot. So fire works for both groups."

dethkruzer
2013-04-18, 12:02 PM
"I know one of those spells, what do you call it? Dancing lights? It could be a bit more covert way of signalling the other group, at least more so than a giant fire pillar." The minotaur mentions, a slight hint of disdain in it's voice.

Ralasha
2013-04-18, 12:04 PM
Ignus waves a hand, and a number of small varicolored flames crown Elgar. "You mean like this?"

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-18, 04:11 PM
Indicating at Tosser, Elgar interjects Riveting stuff all this! But! Can't the wee fellow provide telepathic communication?

Tacitus
2013-04-19, 08:34 PM
Tosser turns his head to look at Elgar and shakes it slowly, 'Doubtful, at least at any real distance. Ironically my psychic voice reaches only half as far as my Hands.'

Destrude
2013-04-20, 03:54 AM
Quiet rustling noises are audible from two different directions, the sound of oiled leather on metal plates and the soft tread of boots. It echoes slightly, but seems to be coming from the North and South, about 70' out.

Declare up to 1 full round's worth of actions, and then roll initiative!

Tosser:
The spires are not always hollow, maybe 60% of them are. The surface seems to have a number of small holes that connect into the main hollow trunk. The underground tunnels, by comparison, only connect to the trunks maybe 20% of the time. It seems likely that they were formed by some other type of creature.

Ralasha
2013-04-20, 04:02 AM
"How many people were we sent to find? Don't get in front of me."

She moves to stand on one side of the group, facing the coming noises with a readies action, wall of fire, starting 40' from where she is, 15 feet wide, with secondary effects out 20' and tertiary effects out an additional 20'.
Primary Damage: 36, 54, 80 (15' wide)
Secondary Damage: 8, 12, 20 (from edge of wall 20' out)
Tertiary Damage: 4, 6, 10 (from 20' to 40' out)

Re'ozul
2013-04-20, 07:17 AM
Lumir

Once more Lumir rises towards the tips of the spires. With but a thought, hundreds of small daggers are formed in her mindscape, ready to burst forth in the event of battle as she waits.

Fly up 20'
Readying Daggerhail if someone appears and attacks us.

dethkruzer
2013-04-20, 04:09 PM
The minotaur steps back slightly, preparing a spell in case something is going to happen.

Moving back out of the (Most likely literal) line of fire. Preparing an action to cast Heroism on self if anything appears and acts in a hostile manner.

Initiative: [roll0]

The Bureaucrat
2013-04-20, 08:32 PM
Elgar holds fast his falchion. His back is turned towards the minotaur and Ignus to cover the other approach. He plants his feet firmly on the ground, shifting his massive weight back - like a coiled serpent he seems ready to strike.

I assume Ign and Ignus are facing north.
initiative [roll0]
Ready to charge any hostile that comes within charging distance - 60ft

Tacitus
2013-04-20, 10:13 PM
Tosser produces a ball of iron from the main pouch of his saddlebags and leaves it on the ground next to him. He then turns to watch the fire goddess's back, reach to launch intense telekinetic force at the first two targets that appear, assuming they attempt to attack.

Move: Retrieve Item from Handy Haversack. Item deposited on ground next to Tosser.
Standard: Ready Action to Force Burst 2 hostile targets from the direction Ignus is not facing. Will be using 7 Hands. Hostile as read here means openly attacking, not just mean looking.

Init: [roll0]

Readied RTAs: [roll1] [roll2]
Force Damage to Each: [roll3]
DC 20 Fort applies to a rider affect: Confused. Negates, damage not affected.

Destrude
2013-04-22, 02:16 AM
The sounds of movement are drowned out by another close lightning bolt, but there can be little doubt of their locations at this point. Moving in concert, both teams lean out from their positions behind spires to fire at the party.

The Northern team's arrows are loosed just a fraction before Ignus's firewall bursts into existence. Flame-singed, they still fly true towards Ignus and the minotaur, who's body shimmers as his spell settles into place.

The Southern team does likewise, their movements almost a perfect mirror of their counterparts. Elgar charges into the first arrow, shrugging it off and closing the gap to his attacker in an instant. Tosser is not so lucky as the other bolt tears a furrow down the back of his neck and into his ribcage. His return fire proves nearly as dangerous, however. Twin blue bolts hurtle through the air, on pulverizing a chunk of spire and the other smashing his attacker into a stupor, no doubt having cracked his skull.

Overhead, Lumir's spell rains down a shower of needlepoint lights, skewering flesh. As he launches his arcane assault, Lumir can see the attackers more clearly than before. All four appear to be insectile, like walking beetles with a mottling of camouflage painted into their carapace. They wield great bows and a pair of short swords in their four upper limbs, while the lower two appear structured like a flea's jumping legs. Each wears a twisted crown of wrought iron.

Ralasha
2013-04-22, 03:51 AM
Ignus strides forward, stepping up upon the wall of fire (healing 36 hp, from fire damage), and fires a fireball at the enemy. For 108/162/270 fire damage.
Reflex DC 19 for half.

Tacitus
2013-04-22, 03:20 PM
Tosser roars in pain, his wings flapping wildly as pain surges down his back and explodes from inside his chest. A burst of blue light flings the arrow from the wound and it immediately sets to closing itself and repairing the no doubt immense internal damage. Oddly, though it likely pierced a lung, Tosser does not seem to be having any respiratory issues.

He forces his wings back under control and lifts himself from the ground in a stuttering lift aimed to take him up and off to one side to get a better vantage. His maw opens again and he screams, this time infused with a surge of blue light that captures the powerful yell and channels it straight back at his attacker.

Burst of blue light flinging the arrow from the wound is cosmetic only, he's Fast Healing. Up to 63/88.
Move: Take to the air to get a better LoS on his attacker.
Standard: Activating both Force Burst and Force Fling, taking a -4 to all rolls for both abilities.

Force Burst! 7 Hands used.
RTA: [roll0] (does not include -4 if in melee)
DC 20 Fort Save vs Sickened

Force Fling, alternate use!
Shatter on the bow being used. An attended item gets a DC 20 Will Save.

A miss on the RTA does not negate Force Fling (Shatter) and a Wiull Save does not negate the Force Burst.

Ralasha
2013-04-22, 03:23 PM
Imolatus heals the wounded. (3 a round, single target)

dethkruzer
2013-05-01, 04:44 PM
The minotaur growls as the arrow sinks into it's chest, clenching his weapon tightly before moving toward the southern group. He mutters an incantation and a small sphere of pulsating air manifests in the beasts hand, which he then flings.

Moving 30 ft toward the southern group, trying to get clear line of sight. Casting Lesser Orb of Sound, trying to hit something that isn't in melee with an ally.

Touch attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1] sonic damage

Destrude
2013-05-10, 02:04 AM
Elgar's quick charge and vicious one-two follow up carves one of the bugmen into large, gooey chunks. It's south team compatriot fares little better under Tosser and the minotaur's combined assault, its carapace shattered and leaking, and its bow as broken as its body.

On the northern side a veritable hell storm erupts as Ignus unleashes a screaming hot fireball. One of the bugmen is swift enough to dive into cover, evading the flames and Lumir's Daggerhail, but the other is caught by both and swiftly rendered into small burning pieces before it can even scream.

As the sole remaining creature cowers behind a rock spire, the ground beneath its claws begins to split and shudder. It lets out a high kheening screech and bolts from cover, but a sharp tremor knocks it prone. All around it the earth buckles and heaves upward, folding around it as a massive worm-like beast erupts from the ground mouth-first.

With a terrible CRUNCH the beast's circular maw twists shut, the gleaming black plates of its carapace folding in like an iris hatch to form a drill-like point. With a powerful ripple of muscle the wurm lurches more of its body topside, towering some 40' tall and 20' wide so far. Small gaps in its carapace plates reveal beady little eyes and quivering pink tendrils ringing its body at head-height.

Bending its massive body towards the party, the wurm's mouth irises open again to let loose a terrific roar, showering you all with bits of rock and the stinging smell of powerful acid. The bugman's body flops out of its mouth, looking surprisingly unbroken but still limp. Its bow and iron crown clatter to the ground nearby.

Roll Ref save DC 18 or fall prone as the wurm emerges. The shower of rock fragments stings but does no damage. Initiative goes to the party!

Ralasha
2013-05-10, 02:39 PM
[roll0]
I throw... a quickened fireball, and four flames at it.
fireball: 90/135/225
Touch: [roll1]30/46/75
Touch: [roll2]30/46/75
Touch: [roll3]30/46/75
Touch: [roll4]30/46/75

I then heal 36 from fire damage.

It must be angry because we're collecting the spice!

The Bureaucrat
2013-05-10, 07:40 PM
Elgar, perhaps caught up drinking in the majestic appearance of the beast, falls onto his backside.

Bullocks.

dethkruzer
2013-05-14, 11:53 AM
The Minotaur takes a step back, not to retain balance, but out of sheer intimidation. Bracing itself, the beast began uttering another spell.

Casting "Shield" on self

Tacitus
2013-05-17, 06:22 PM
Tosser

The airborne zergling adds a little height, bringing him to thirty five feet off the ground as he circles towards Elgar. Once in position his eyes gleam with furious light and a lance of pure blue light reaches out to strike the wurm.

Move Action: establish height and move about some.
Standard: Force Burst
RTA: [roll0] -4 if in melee
DC 20 Sickened.