PDA

View Full Version : Redcloak and Nale are the Same Person!

Sunken Valley
2013-04-01, 04:53 AM
This theory is completely true!

Think about it:

Neither is on the screen at the same time. Or comic

They are both Lawful Evil.

Redcloak hates humans. Nale has never had humans on his guild (except Tarquin).

Nale usually attacks the human members of OOTS. As Redcloak is prejudiced to them.

Redcloak obviously knows about polymorphed human spies.

When Celia changed into a demon, her magic changed colour. Nale's yellow may be fake.

In 298, we see all the OOTS characters in montage. Except Redcloak. But we do see Nale.

When Nale breaks out of Azure Jail, Sabine and Thog comment on time passing between panels. Because Nale was pulling double duty in that fight running back and forth. How was he fooling his guildsmen? Leftover Magic from Eugene's spell.

What do you think?

Copperdragon
2013-04-01, 05:03 AM
And Elan is actually Greencloak. Whom we have not met yet. But it totally makes sense. Red is evil, green is good.

Popertop
2013-04-01, 05:10 AM
well, i'd have to say this isn't totally out of the realm of possibility, I'm not up to snuff enough to disprove this...

but if it ends up true, I'll eat my sock.

Tragak
2013-04-01, 07:54 AM
"Wait, wasn't Nale in prison when Redcloak was on the other side of the battlefie-?"

"NOT IMPORTANT!!!" :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Procyonpi
2013-04-01, 08:02 AM
Xykon and Roy are actually the same person, SoD was one big misdirection. I'm telling you, it's true!!!!!

Shred-Bot
2013-04-01, 09:59 AM
And Elan is actually Greencloak. Whom we have not met yet. But it totally makes sense. Red is evil, green is good.

Well... that explains his need for Greenhilt's approval and friendship! Good guys have to color-coordinate, you know?

And more importantly, only one man would name his sons after the color scheme of Christmas... so, Tarquin is Father Christmas! Which means that Elan and Nale's mother is... MRS. CLAUS!

Neoriceisgood
2013-04-01, 10:13 AM
Technically plausible theories, how I fear you. :smallconfused:

Copperdragon
2013-04-01, 11:02 AM
Well... that explains his need for Greenhilt's approval and friendship! Good guys have to color-coordinate, you know?

Which is basically proof for Belkar being good. He wears green. It also shows Vaarsuvius is actually evil, due to the robe, which explains the slaughter of the dragons.

Zmeoaice
2013-04-01, 11:06 AM

Elan is actually.... Right-Eye! He came back from the dead!

Silverionmox
2013-04-01, 11:39 AM
And Sabine actually has been impersonating Haley (who's red and therefore evil) since day 1, fooling everyone else with clever use of illusions.

TRH
2013-04-01, 11:48 AM
And Xykon is secretly That Guy With A Halbard. They haven't been on scene together, either! :smallbiggrin:

dps
2013-04-01, 09:15 PM
This theory is completely true!

Think about it:

I think the date has a lot to do with this thread. However:

[/quote]Neither is on the screen at the same time. Or comic[/quote]

They are both Lawful Evil.

Yeah, this one I'll grant you.

Redcloak hates humans. Nale has never had humans on his guild (except Tarquin).

I thought that Leeky Windstaff was human.

[/quote]Nale usually attacks the human members of OOTS. As Redcloak is prejudiced to them. [/quote]

Meh.

Redcloak obviously knows about polymorphed human spies.

Granted.

When Celia changed into a demon, her magic changed colour. Nale's yellow may be fake.

I don't even remember this happening.

In 298, we see all the OOTS characters in montage. Except Redcloak. But we do see Nale.

We don't even see close to all the characters in that strip.

When Nale breaks out of Azure Jail, Sabine and Thog comment on time passing between panels. Because Nale was pulling double duty in that fight running back and forth. How was he fooling his guildsmen? Leftover Magic from Eugene's spell.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I still think it's the date.

Kish
2013-04-01, 09:18 PM

No, he's a gnome.

It is interesting* that the Linear Guild has only ever had one human**, Nale himself. However, that doesn't change the fact that Nale is human.

*Yes, I'm aware of the date. No, I don't think this is a serious thread. However, it is still interesting that, while the Order has always been half human, two of its three human members are mirrored by a half-orc and a succubus, leaving the Linear Guild far more racially diverse in all its incarnations.

**Yes, I am aware Tarquin is human.

If you think he's actually a member of the Linear Guild, Redcloak has a bridge to Terebithia to sell you.

The_Tentacle
2013-04-01, 09:21 PM
I think the date has a lot to do with this thread. However:

Neither is on the screen at the same time. Or comic

Yeah, this one I'll grant you.

Nale usually attacks the human members of OOTS. As Redcloak is prejudiced to them.

Meh.

Granted.

I don't even remember this happening.

We don't even see close to all the characters in that strip.

What do you think?

I still think it's the date.

Why the semi-coherent thinking? :smalltongue:

DON'T FIGHT THE MADNESS

skim172
2013-04-01, 09:41 PM
You're all wrong.

ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE THE SAME PERSON. :smalleek:

Immediately after the final scene, when the heroes are victorious, the strip will cut to an apartment scene and it'll turn out it was all a daydream by a small child holding a snowglobe.

/dated reference

Sunken Valley
2013-04-02, 05:43 AM
I think the date has a lot to do with this thread.

Yes, forgot about that strip (although Xykon may have had a tivo back then as well), and no Leeky Windstaff is a gnome, he said he was in his first appearence and he's smaller than Durkon.

One more piece of evidence I forgot to add: Xykon can't remember anyone's name, unless it's a pseudonym. But he remembers Nale's name (that fool Nale).

CletusMusashi
2013-04-02, 11:14 PM
Mr. Scruffy is actually two very small monks.

Shred-Bot
2013-04-03, 12:46 PM
Mr. Scruffy is actually two very small monks.

Two small unarmed swordsages more likely... monks might not have been able to take down Evisceratus in one round. :smallbiggrin:

kickassfrog
2013-04-03, 12:50 PM

We don't see Xykon or MitD, or Sabine.
Does that mean thog is actually Xykon, and Sabine pulls triple duty as Miko and the MitD?

kickassfrog
2013-04-03, 12:51 PM
You're all wrong.

ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE THE SAME PERSON. :smalleek:

Immediately after the final scene, when the heroes are victorious, the strip will cut to an apartment scene and it'll turn out it was all a daydream by a small child holding a snowglobe.

/dated reference

Is it Independence Day?

Shred-Bot
2013-04-03, 01:05 PM
We don't see Xykon or MitD, or Sabine.
Does that mean thog is actually Xykon, and Sabine pulls triple duty as Miko and the MitD?

Why are you hitting yourself? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0374.html)

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-04-03, 01:20 PM
You know...even though this is a joke thread, reading through it gave me an idea...

What if Elan and Nale are the same person, and one is from the world within a world, where its an alternate universe with everyone's opposite? Heck, many of his group could be, such as Z.

Kornaki
2013-04-03, 03:04 PM
What if Elan and Nale are the same person, and one is from the world within a world, where its an alternate universe with everyone's opposite? Heck, many of his group could be, such as Z.

And Tarquin just forgot he only actually had one kid? Or is one of them still running around unaccounted for :smallconfused:

Dwy
2013-04-04, 05:29 PM
I disagree, as proof I point you to this Haiku to Nale's greatness:

Vampire killer
Handsomely complicated,
Nale isn't Redcloak

R_G_R
2013-04-04, 06:22 PM
I've seen the truth with this theory :smalleek: