PDA

View Full Version : The Adventures of Elizabeth Starr

Benson
2013-04-01, 05:54 PM
Perched at the edge of civilized lands, the small town of Falcon’s Hollow has always had to rely on itself to solve its problems. Meanwhile, the uncaring lumber barons squeeze the common folk for every last copper, deaf to their
pleas. Now the hacking coughs of the sick are heard throughout town. The plague has come to Falcon’s Hollow and the town’s leaders can’t be bothered to stop it.

Coincidentally three weeks ago a group of ratfolk passed through and made their home in a hill on the outskirts of the town near the River Foam. It did not escape their minds that these...outsiders, these...rodents could have brought this plague with them. When the plague did come to surface and a young human boy fell to it, the people of Falcon's Hollow did not hesitate to point fingers at the family of ratfolk. In the following days, they brought threats to the ratfolk family with accusations that that they were the plague bearers and insults were exchanged. However, the people of Falcon's Hollow had yet to go past just using verbal threats and insults and do anything drastic or violent. At the moment there is a tense atmosphere between the ratfolk clan and the people of Falcon's Hollow with neither side sure of what move to make.

-------------=======----------------

4707 AR, Rova, (September) Toilday (Tuesday) 9:30 am

It was a fine chilly morning out in the outskirts of Falcon's Hollow, out by the hill a growing family of ratfolk were doing their best to make themselves a living out here in the northern parts of the country of Andoran.

Elder and leader of the clan, Rixl the Blind sat outside of their warren on a cut down stump with grooves carved into it to make a relatively comfortable chair. She smoked her pipe while a few of the ratfolk children sat around her to listen to some of her old stories.

Meanwhile inside a couple of the ratfolk women were preparing their morning breakfast for everyone while the few male adult ratfolk worked on fixing this one tunnel that had collapsed over the night preventing access to one of the children's shared rooms.

As for the warren itself, it was built into a hill with a small network of tunnels interlacing inside of it with various 'rooms' for various purposes, though most were sleeping quarters for this big communal family. A few 'rooms' had larger entrances that required only a little bit of hunching over for a certain catfolk to navigate through.

Now, what is that catfolk up to?

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278592)

Hawkflight
2013-04-01, 06:06 PM
Why, the catfolk was in town on business of course.

It was only logical, after all. Sure, the townsfolk viewed her with suspicion, she was associated with those ratfolk after all, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the outright hatred they showed the ratfolk themselves. The catgirl considered this with a frown as she made her way to the market with trade goods in tow.

Benson
2013-04-02, 02:14 AM
Elizabeth would still be met with stares and glares, it didn't help she stood out so much a mostly human dominated town. Well if one good thing came from the suspicion and distrust of the catfolk was that they stayed clear of her and she had no obstacles to get in her way as she made her way to the High Market, a more dignified area of trade. (Area 5 on the map)

She would pass by the Low Market (Area 4 on Map), a small ramshackle area of trade normally frequented by the various gangs and thugs of this town, where brawls find themselves commonplace. Several slimy looking beefy thugs would call out to her and literally made catcalls her way, with lewd invitations to go with them to The Rouge Lady, a burlesque and gambling
hall that doubled as an illegal brothel, for 'some fun'.

(OOC link, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278592)post your sheet)

Hawkflight
2013-04-02, 12:37 PM
Elizabeth mostly ignored the thugs as she walked towards the market. She didn't honestly think they would cause any trouble, but if they did ... well, that's what her pistols were for.

Benson
2013-04-03, 03:59 PM
At most the trouble they tried to send towards her were more lewd comments and when that didn't work, threats involving mouse traps and pest control.

If she chose to ignore the loser thugs she would catch off in the distance, northish, area 14 on the map, many people lined up outside the Roots and Remedies shop in hopes of finding sometimes to stave off the sickness that had befallen many.

Anyways, if she continued on she would eventually come across the High Market set on a flat hill nicknamed 'The Perch'.

Hawkflight
2013-04-03, 07:53 PM
At most the trouble they tried to send towards her were more lewd comments and when that didn't work, threats involving mouse traps and pest control.

If she chose to ignore the loser thugs she would catch off in the distance, northish, area 14 on the map, many people lined up outside the Roots and Remedies shop in hopes of finding sometimes to stave off the sickness that had befallen many.

Anyways, if she continued on she would eventually come across the High Market set on a flat hill nicknamed 'The Perch'.

At the first threat against her family, Elizabeth dashed right over to the offending thug and drew her pistol, pointing it at his or her head.

"If you so much as touch my family, I'll blow your brains out," she growled.

Benson
2013-04-04, 05:54 PM
"Don't point your gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them right then and there," The thug she happened to point her gun at sneered with a grin as he stood there in confidence with his friend. "And even so, your little trigger finger would get you and your rodent kin a death sentence you can't afford to deal with."

"Yeaa, bet ya don't know who yer even talkin' ta'," One of his companions with a nasally voice added in. "You're talkin' ta' *Gavel Kreed's eldest son, Daron Kreed, his daddy owns this town."

At the mention of what his minion added, Daron crossed his arms and puffed out his chest to make himself look bigger. On an extra detail note there were four others in his little gang, two other boys and two girls, all six wore some *2 blue in their outfits as if to distinguish themselves from the other gangs.

==========
*optional local knowledge check

*2 second optional knowledge check

Hawkflight
2013-04-04, 09:22 PM
"Don't point your gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them right then and there," The thug she happened to point her gun at sneered with a grin as he stood there in confidence with his friend. "And even so, your little trigger finger would get you and your rodent kin a death sentence you can't afford to deal with."

"Yeaa, bet ya don't know who yer even talkin' ta'," One of his companions with a nasally voice added in. "You're talkin' ta' *Gavel Kreed's eldest son, Daron Kreed, his daddy owns this town."

At the mention of what his minion added, Daron crossed his arms and puffed out his chest to make himself look bigger. On an extra detail note there were four others in his little gang, two other boys and two girls, all six wore some *2 blue in their outfits as if to distinguish themselves from the other gangs.

==========
*optional local knowledge check

*2 second optional knowledge check

"Self defense ain't a crime, last I checked," Elizabeth said calmly. Then she lowered her gun, but didn't holster it. "I ain't looking to start trouble. Just warning you not to do the same."

Assuming the thug didn't say anything too stupid, Elizabeth then proceeded on to High Market.

Knowledge Checks:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Benson
2013-04-05, 02:44 PM
"Ya can take your warnings and shove them up your arse," Daron scoffed and smirked. The fellow was either simply really daft or stupid, or both since they're pretty much the same thing.

Other than that they would say no more and return to harassing a newer target who had the misfortune of walking by.

===

Knowledge 1: Gavel Creed is one of the rich and powerful leaders of the town and head member of the Lumber Consortium, a powerful company that founded this town as a lumber town.

Knowledge 2: Daron Creed is the leader of his newly formed gang of thugs who call themselves the Hollow Gang because he thought it sounded cool. They are a bunch of small time thugs who are nothing more but bullies. Though despite their bravado and thuggery, they are a bunch of cowards who hide behind the fact that Gavel is Daron's father.

Hawkflight
2013-04-05, 04:11 PM
Elizabeth kept a wary eye on Daron and his thugs as she made her way up to High Market.

Benson
2013-04-05, 07:46 PM
Atop The Perch, the flat hill, lay before her the High Market, a collection of twenty vendor stalls that formed a semi circle. In the center was the 'plaza' where a water fountain feature stood long dried of water. With the plague about and the approach of cold weather it was a sad looking place with only a small handful of patrons about shopping for goods. Most folks learned to save their money rather than spend most of it in fear of catching the plague and not being able to pay for the services of a cleric. Of course Elizabeth got a few strange looks but she was mostly ignored.

There was a meat vendor, a produce vendor, a baked goods vendor, fish vendor, a silk vendor, a wine vendor, a pottery vendor, etc. With business being poor right now, Elizabeth probably wouldn't get any trouble.

Hawkflight
2013-04-06, 07:07 PM
Elizabeth approached the vendors, and proceeded to conduct some trading of stuff for other stuff.

....Hey, at least she knows what she's doing.

Charisma check? [roll0]
....Apparently she really knew what she was doing.

Benson
2013-04-06, 10:32 PM
Well, no one gave Elizabeth any dirty looks, at most there was tolerance considering the vendors here couldn't be picky with who were to be their customers.

Anyways, since you Hawk couldn't come up with specifics (:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:) on what she was trading, let's say some jars of jam for a few cuts of meat for tonight's dinner.

Hawkflight
2013-04-07, 02:22 PM
Elizabeth proceeded to pack her goods away and take a stroll through town, deciding to search for the plot something to satisfy her sweet tooth.

Benson
2013-04-07, 03:29 PM
The town was still fairly empty save for the gangs that hung around their turfs and where the hordes of people gathered around Roots and Remedies and those who have taken to praying for help at the Church of Iomedae.

Speaking of such latter things, Elizabeth on her stroll, near Area 7 on the Map, close to the Low Market, would spy those fools who called themselves the Hollow Gang harassing a young woman in cleric vestments of red and silver. A few citizens watched and stayed away in fear of getting involved and dealing with the consequences of interfering in the affairs of Gavel's unruly son.

"Aah...leave me be...let go of me....no...! Give that back..!" The cleric woman yelled out as one of Daron's henchmen grabbed at her satchel and pulled out what seemed to be a silver holy symbol of Iomedae.

Hawkflight
2013-04-07, 03:34 PM
Elizabeth frowned as she witnessed the harassment in progress, and decided she couldn't let this stand. She swiftly walked over to them, placing her hands on the hilts of her guns.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" she commanded.

Benson
2013-04-07, 03:48 PM
"Feh...you again....listen here kitty, this ain't none of your business, now scat!" One of the female gang members spat, though not literally, at Elizabeth.

"Yea, better just scat cat, this is business between us and her and its her own fault," Daron grinned as he tightened his grip on the struggling woman's arms while two of the others dug around in her satchel. The cleric caught sight of Elizabeth and looked at her with pleading eyes to help as she tried to jerk herself away to no avail.

Hawkflight
2013-04-07, 03:52 PM
Elizabeth drew her pistols and fired a shot at Daron's feet to let him know she meant business.

"I'm not going to tell you again," she said. "Let. Her. Go."

Intimidate? [roll0]

Benson
2013-04-07, 04:41 PM
Daron's lackeys jumped at the sound of the gun and dropped the satchel and silver holy symbol and yelled out some swears in fright. Daron himself was startled by the gun shot at the ground around his feet and jumped as his hold on the cleric faltered. The cleric took the opportunity and kicked him in the shin with the heel of her boot and jerked out of his grasp as he fell on his arse.

"F--.." He grunted as his companions started to run off south towards the docks. Without his companions around his bravado fell as he glared at Elizabeth as he scrambled up. "You' had better watch yourself." He lamely threatened as he tried to hide his own fear as he ran away and yelled after his companions. "Come back here you sissies...!"

As for the cleric she scrambled to pick up her things as she looked at Elizabeth with relief and gratitude. "Blessings of Iomedae upon you...and thank you....ack...where are my manners...name is Cirthana, Miss."

Hawkflight
2013-04-07, 04:45 PM
Daron's lackeys jumped at the sound of the gun and dropped the satchel and silver holy symbol and yelled out some swears in fright. Daron himself was startled by the gun shot at the ground around his feet and jumped as his hold on the cleric faltered. The cleric took the opportunity and kicked him in the shin with the heel of her boot and jerked out of his grasp as he fell on his arse.

"F--.." He grunted as his companions started to run off south towards the docks. Without his companions around his bravado fell as he glared at Elizabeth as he scrambled up. "You' had better watch yourself." He lamely threatened as he tried to hide his own fear as he ran away and yelled after his companions. "Come back here you sissies...!"

As for the cleric she scrambled to pick up her things as she looked at Elizabeth with relief and gratitude. "Blessings of Iomedae upon you...and thank you....ack...where are my manners...name is Cirthana, Miss."

"I fear I'll need those blessings by day's end," the catgirl lamented. "My name's Elizabeth. Elizabeth Starr."

Benson
2013-04-07, 05:00 PM
The girl faintly smiled at the lament as she thought it some type of joke. "A pleasure to know the name of my savior." She said standing up after collecting her things. She took the initiative to shake Liz's hand. The cleric appearance-wise was human of possible Taldan descent, brown curly hair in a bun and light brown eyes that seemed kind, she was easy on the eyes but nothing bards would write sonnets about.

"I'm sorry that, that even had to happened, a part of me does feel guilty even though I knew it couldn't be helped.." She said quietly and it seemed more she wasn't talking exactly about the harassment encounter.

Hawkflight
2013-04-07, 05:05 PM
Elizabeth was about to reply, before she picked up something in Cirthana's voice.

"Something tells me you're not just talking about the harassment," Elizabeth said.

Benson
2013-04-08, 12:10 PM
Cirthana sheepishly looked at Liz and glanced down. "Well...I...Ahem, there are only three of us clerics at the church and people have been flocking, requesting our assistance and divine magic to remove them of the plague. Because of this my two fellow clerics who are also my seniors have been doling out cures to the highest bidder having been overcome with greed."

"However, and unfortunately I am not yet learned of how to cure diseases. They seemed to have forgotten about that when they promised a cure to one who bought their service and sent me over for the house call...But well I couldn't do anything and tried to explain to them what happened which only seemed to anger them."

"The plague ridden victim turned out to be the mother of one Mister Daron's companions and you can guess the rest." She softly sighed with a sad look.

"Its so sad that these townsfolk have to suffer this, and I wish I could do something." She then looked at Elizabeth and wanly smiled as a realization hit her. "...I think I heard of you, arrived with the family of ratfolk? Don't worry...I don't believe you lot brought the plague with you. I fear it something else."

Hawkflight
2013-04-08, 04:12 PM
Cirthana sheepishly looked at Liz and glanced down. "Well...I...Ahem, there are only three of us clerics at the church and people have been flocking, requesting our assistance and divine magic to remove them of the plague. Because of this my two fellow clerics who are also my seniors have been doling out cures to the highest bidder having been overcome with greed."

"However, and unfortunately I am not yet learned of how to cure diseases. They seemed to have forgotten about that when they promised a cure to one who bought their service and sent me over for the house call...But well I couldn't do anything and tried to explain to them what happened which only seemed to anger them."

"The plague ridden victim turned out to be the mother of one Mister Daron's companions and you can guess the rest." She softly sighed with a sad look.

"Its so sad that these townsfolk have to suffer this, and I wish I could do something." She then looked at Elizabeth and wanly smiled as a realization hit her. "...I think I heard of you, arrived with the family of ratfolk? Don't worry...I don't believe you lot brought the plague with you. I fear it something else."

Elizabeth sighed and shook her head sadly. "They thought they were looking out for their own, I can respect that," she said. "But when they decided to harass you, they stepped over the line." Frowning, she contemplated her options.

"What can you tell me of the sickness?" she asked.

Benson
2013-04-08, 04:54 PM
"I believe it to be something called..black scour or something....I was on my way to see Miss Laurel, the owner of Roots and Remedies to inquire more...before I was..you know..moments ago..ahem anyways...If anyone had proper knowledge it would be her," The young cleric said hopefully.

Hawkflight
2013-04-09, 04:24 PM
Elizabeth nodded. "Hmmm ... maybe I'll check it out," she pondered, thinking.

Benson
2013-04-10, 05:35 PM
Well Cirthana didn't know what else to say to that so she looked at Liz and nodded her head. "Well thank you again for your help, it was a pleasure meeting you, but I must now go and conduct my business, hopefully we'll see each other again."

In the meanwhile, Liz should probably take the meat home so that her family can store it properly before it goes all funky in the catgirl's bag.

Hawkflight
2013-04-10, 06:45 PM
Liz decided to do just that, heading for home to make sure the meat didn't go bad. Hopefully she wouldn't encounter any trouble on the way home....

Benson
2013-04-11, 09:17 AM
10:15 am

As she left town and made way for the hill her family made their home in, off in the distance she would see some sort of familiar figure, running and flailing their arms to get her attention. It was Mayli, one of her older adopted ratfolk sisters.

"Elizabeth...Elizabeth! Come quick!" She shouted at the distinct looking Liz.

Hawkflight
2013-04-11, 12:18 PM
10:15 am

As she left town and made way for the hill her family made their home in, off in the distance she would see some sort of familiar figure, running and flailing their arms to get her attention. It was Mayli, one of her older adopted ratfolk sisters.

"Elizabeth...Elizabeth! Come quick!" She shouted at the distinct looking Liz.

"What is it?" Liz asked, immediately dashing toward her big sis.

Benson
2013-04-11, 03:12 PM
"Worgs!....*Sylbus and I were gathering herbs up a little north in the grasslands when worgs appeared out of nowhere. We ran as fast as we could home, but they did not let up....Sylbus...injured himself so I tried to lure them away from him and ran...but when I looked back I didn't see them behind him...and then...I saw you...!" She said in one tired breath. Her ears were flattened back in fear as he tail curled up around her body.

*Mayli's younger brother-cousin, well one of them at least, and Liz's adopted brother about her age.

Hawkflight
2013-04-11, 03:38 PM
Halfway through Mayli's explanation, Liz's guns were already drawn and loaded. She quickened her pace as she led her sister back to the farm to face the wargs, there was no time to waste sitting around.

"And what of Rikkan*?" she asked.

*The ratfolk who taught Liz her gunslinging skills.

Benson
2013-04-11, 04:30 PM
"I do not know...hopefully shooting new holes in their hides," She said breathlessly as she tried to keep up with Elizabeth as they ran back home.
---

When the two returned to their hill they would come across the sight of three worgs descending upon Rikkan who was diverting the attention away from other family members as they scrambled to get inside, including Sylbus who could be seen being assisted getting into the den.

"Hurry up you lot, git' inside!" He shouted at his family unaware of Liz and Mayli's approaching presence. Rikkan was fairly tall for ratfolk with a thick tail he had prehensile use of, his fur a muddy red-brown that created greater contrast for his rare blue eyes. He was the alpha male of the clan and his body showed the many battle scars he acquired in keeping his large family safe, his most prominent one being a nasty scar that ran over his snout.

The three worgs surrounded him, backing him against the hill as he kept his double barreled musket pointed between the three as they snarled and snickered at their food.

Rikkan snarled back as he pulled the trigger and let one bullet fly out of its chamber as it struck the worg on his most right in the leg who howled in pain but pressed on. During the recoil of the musket, the worg on his left leapt and raked Rikkan's side with his large right claw in a fell swipe, luckily Rikkan moved two inches to the side preventing the attack from striking too deep. But it still hurt as indicated by the wincing hiss that escaped Rikkan.

As for Elizabeth, she and Mayli would be thirty or so feet away as the scene occurred, and with the worgs' focus on felling Rikkan, Liz had the opportunity for a surprise attack if she acted quickly.

Hawkflight
2013-04-11, 05:55 PM
Emily let out a low hiss as the warg attacked her mentor, firing a retaliating shot. Time and space seemed to bend around the bullet.

(I can't type brackets on this machine, so I had to use external dice.

Touch Attack: 16
Damage: 20
Save or be staggered, DC 16)

Benson
2013-04-12, 03:58 PM
The Left Worg as well call it, the one who raked Rikkan howled in pain from an attack that appeared out of nowhere, to them. It was a howl that would make wolves snigger at it. The bullet hit it so hard its senses were all but gone, it limped into a stagger.

Of course this immediately got all these three worgs' attention.

Meanwhile, Mayli, a noncombatant took to hiding several paces behind Elizabeth.

And meanwhile still at the same time, Rikkan clutched his side feeling a liquid warmness. He faintly and crookedly smiled when he saw Elizabeth off in the distance.
-------------------
-------------------

Order of Initiative: Elizabeth, Left Worg, Right Worg, Blue fish, red fish Center Worg, Rikkan

Please label what your character will be doing including what special abilities underneath the actual post.

Attack: *roll*
Damage: *roll*
Special Ability Used:
etc etc
Move Action: *if applicable*
etc etc

Hawkflight
2013-04-12, 04:21 PM
Liz narrowed her eyes as the wargs turned towards her, training her guns on them.

"You okay, Rikkan?" she called out, shooting at the warg on the right.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Benson
2013-04-13, 02:42 AM
The worg on the right had already been previously wounded by Rikkan, so when Elizabeth focused her aim on that one, blam blam, thank you ma'am. The worg attempted to move out of the way but there was no way it was happening with its previous injury. The worg took two shots to the head and died as face bits and grey matter trickled out the back of its head. Delicious! The other two shots had the misfortune of missing but only because uh body fell before the bullets could hit it? Eh..whatever, its a convoluted enough reason.

"I'm fine Lizzy...just a nngh..just a surface injury." Rikkan grimaced-smiled. "Nice shot heh..."

The two remaining worgs uttered some curses as they saw their comrade fall. Lefty in all his staggering took to running as he wobbly sprinted foregoing his remaining comrade.

Center worg growled as he snarled and charged towards Elizabeth at an incredible land speed as it ran to bite at her legs and trip her. <Its trip attack overcame Elizabeth's CMD>

Elizabeth would soon find herself knocked down on the ground in a prone position as the creature of three hundred pounds' teeth raked at her side drawing blood and leaving a stinging wound though her armor did help negate anything too severe.

Elizabeth has been tripped and thus prone and takes 8 damage, being a creature with a natural trip attack, it doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. However she can still fire her weapon prone as normal when it is her turn again.
---
Actions Taken: Worg charged Elizabeth and succeeded in their trip combat maneuver

Mayli screamed as the beastly wolfen creature proned Elizabeth.

"Lizzy!" Rikkan yelled with an angry howl as he forced himself to run towards Elizabeth, his musket out with one bullet left as he fired at the evil beast, using his own tail to steady him and his aim.

Actions Taken: Moved twenty feet, took standard action to attack

The ratfolk's bullet struck the beast in its hide who seem to barely register it. "S*it." Rikkan grimaced as his hand reached towards his small bag for his bullets and thus his turn was ended.

Back to a prone Elizabeth with a worg ready to attack again!

Hawkflight
2013-04-13, 02:10 PM
Liz let out a hiss as the warg pounced her, getting knocked to the ground. As the beast loomed above her, she quickly opened up her guns and brought them up to her bandolier, knocking four cartridges out of their housing and into the guns. Snapping them shut, she twisted her head to the side in order to bring her pistols to bear, and fired right at the beast's head.

Attack 2: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

If it's not dead after that, save or be staggered.

Benson
2013-04-13, 03:27 PM
As Elizabeth took to trying to quickly reload her gun, the worg snarled and chomped its large pointy teeth into her leather armored side as its teeth bypassed the armor and bit hard into her side, piercing her flesh and drawing blood and small amounts of flesh.

But the catfolk was tough as she pressed on through the pain and reloaded her guns. In a swift movement, both guns were pressed against its chest. Her fingers pulled against her triggers. Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam!

"Tell Lamashtu when you meet her, to LEAVE US THE **** ALONE!!!" Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam! Amazingly the worg was stuck with such force that its three hundred pound body flew up a foot and back down to the side of her. Also making it convenient as not to deal with getting the heavy corpse off her, considering how weak wrist-ed Liz was :P

It was dead. For a bonus, its eyes were now stuck in a state of shock.

It took a few moments for Mayli to come out of her shock when she yelped in happiness as the young ratfolk moved into hug Liz and rubbed her snout against the catfolk. "You were awesome."

"Heh, good work Lizzy....though...I think we oughta get inside and take care of these wounds before they get worse," He grimaced though kept a smile of relief that his adopted daughter was okay in that she wasn't dead. He hated seeing that thing strike her with its teeth. He shooed Mayli off of Elizabeth and got her to help him get Elizabeth up.
===

<Liz takes 10 points of HP damage and get 1 grit point back>

Hawkflight
2013-04-13, 04:22 PM
http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Emerald/Smilies/emot-hellyeah.gif

Liz grimaced as she got up, placing her hand on her side where she'd been bitten by the warg. She'd have to learn to reload her guns quicker, before the enemy got within biting distance next time. She nodded at Rikkan and Mayli, a half-smile on her face. She was injured, and covered in warg guts, but she and her family were safe now. That's what mattered.

"Yes ... let's go," she agreed.

Benson
2013-04-14, 03:13 AM
As for that other worg, it totally ran away which was probably the smartest choice it would make all day considering its comrades were as dead as Aroden. Burn. I think. Uh.

Anyways.

And so the three quickly went inside where they were soon being attended to, Rikkan and Elizabeth that is.

"Ow ow ow...ah...that stings..." Rikkan grimaced as one of his mates began to take off his leather armor that had a big chunk torn out from it. Both Rikkan and Elizabeth were taken to the chamber-burrow that would have normally been used for baby delivering...when it was that time of the season.

"Don't be such a baby Rikkan....just lay down and stop moving so much...Elizabeth, sweetie...be a good example and show Rikkan how someone getting fixed up should behave," Katia, one of Rikkan's wives/mates/whatever grinned as she pressed a wet cloth against Rikkan's wound as he as expected hollered.

"Woman! Now you're just doing that on purpose!" Rikkan hollered as he winced and shook a fist at Katia who just put a damp cloth over his face.

Mayli would be there too along with Sylbus who was laying on the ground on a bedroll with a sack of ice on his leg for the swelling. Mayli would be the one attending Elizabeth for now while Katia worked on Rikkan until she could get on to working on Elizabeth.

"You were really cool out there," Mayli said admiringly with a small smile as she rinsed out a cloth and cleaned the area around Elizabeth's wound after removing her leather armor off of her.

As for the other family members, they were kept from trying to be nosy and were made to stay in the family burrow-room while some of the adults did their best to calm the younger ones down.

Hawkflight
2013-04-20, 01:34 PM
Liz grimaced as her wounds were tended to. It wasn't like she grew up being tortured by her 'owner' so this was nothing in comparison. So instead she tried to distract herself by chatting with Mayli.

"Heh ... thanks. I did learn from the best," she said. She paused, then a devious smile crossed her face. "Too bad Rikkan was busy that day."

Benson
2013-04-20, 11:33 PM
"Hey...watch your tongue Lizzy.....I was having an off day...powder or something was too...uh...something..." Rikkan grumbled and lightly rabbled while Katia rolled her eyes as she uncorked a small vial and flicked Rikkan's snout as in his surprise his mouth opened and she force fed him the vial. He rabbled about its bad taste but Katia quickly covered his snout with her hand, forcing him to swallow it.

"Here Mayli, give this to Elizabeth, and yes Elizabeth, it will not taste good." Katia said as she directed Mayli to a similar looking vial on a table.

Mayli nodded and grabbed the vial and did as Katia did without the force feeding, she trusted Elizabeth to be less rabble-y than Rikkan here. "Here.....drink this.." She said softly as she gestured for Elizabeth to open her mouth. It was a funky liquid that tasted of black liquorice with extra bitterness.

<If Elizabeth drinks it, she heals for 4 HP>

Benson
2013-04-29, 02:41 PM
Liz drank the medicine, grimacing a bit. It was bitter, but not as bad as some of the stuff her tribe had used when she was young.
[4/27/2013 9:41:51 PM] Benson: "How are you feeling?" Mayli asked her sibling. She frowned a little seeing the wound as she lightly dabbed away some of the blood that pooled a little on the edges of the wound. "Let us hope you don't get an infection or anything."

Rikkan in the background continued to complain while Katia ignored it.
[4/27/2013 9:43:49 PM] Hawkshy/Erin/Emily: "I've been better," Liz admitted wryly. "But it could have gone a lot worse."
[4/27/2013 10:42:38 PM] Benson: Mayli wanly smiled as she continued her work. "So, uhm, how was your trip into town?" She asked conversationally.
[4/27/2013 10:52:51 PM] Hawkshy/Erin/Emily: "Oh, right! I made some really good trades today, and got some good cuts of meat!" she said.
[4/27/2013 11:42:02 PM] Benson: "Oh?...Where are they so that I can salt them for later?" Katia interjects and asks of Liz.
[4/27/2013 11:47:58 PM] Hawkshy/Erin/Emily: Liz reached for her bag, but it was out of her reach. "Um, over there," she said, pointing at the bag. "Some nice, fatty cuts in there."

Katia smiled at Elizabeth as she then instructed Mayli to retrieve it and take it to the kitchen. The young ratfolk girl nodded obediently as she carefully poked in Lizzy's bag and grabbed the meat and headed out.

Katia briefly observed Mayli and went back to business getting both Rikkan and Elizabeth a glass of water, and Sylbus too who was still laying there with the ice on his leg.

"How are the people of that town? I take it that sickness spreading there is in full swing?" Katia asked.

Hawkflight
2013-05-02, 03:03 PM
Liz nodded. "The church has taken to selling their services to the highest bidder, and Gavel Creed's son has taken to form a gang. And pretty much nobody trusts us. Though I did meet a girl from the church who seemed to be the exception. I'm also going to visit the herbalist to see if I can learn more of this plague."

Benson
2013-05-02, 03:48 PM
Katia listened, her whiskers twitching and snout wrinkling, a small frown on her face. It of course bothered her that those townspeople treated them the way they did, it was simply ignorance. She thought Andoran was a nation of tolerance, but fear had a way of twisting the mind. She did feel bad for those who had gotten ill and fell to the illness, but what could she do--

"Bah...who cares if they don't trust us...if they ever try to hurt any of you they'll be meeting the front end of ol' Shredder," Rikkan butted in as he broke out into a violent cough afterwards.

Hawkflight
2013-05-05, 01:55 AM
"Easy there, sir," Liz said. "You got worked over pretty good by those wargs."

Benson
2013-05-05, 02:49 AM
"I'm fine I'm fine...." He winced as Rikkan then grimaced as his tongue smacked around in his mouth. "Ugh...blood..." He groaned and rassum frassum'd about it.

Katia gave him a chastising noise though the blood bit made her worry. Her mind wandered off to dark places as she started to assume the worst.

"Elizabeth...did you ever learn of any side effect to that plague?...I..It's a stretch considering the worg thing...but I just want to eliminate that possibility.." She asked as she cleaned Rikkan's snout of any blood that escaped his mouth.

Hawkflight
2013-05-07, 12:16 AM
Liz frowned. "I don't think so," she replied. "I'll ask the herbalist when I see her though, just to be safe."

Benson
2013-05-07, 12:43 AM
There was a brief moment of fretful worry on Katia's brow but she took a sharp breath because she had to be strong right now. She nodded her head and made Elizabeth comfortable. "Very well, thank you, for now Lizzy, let us have you rest." Afterwards she kept Rikkan from trying to leave with a slip of a herb to get him drowsy, sometimes you just had to take extreme measures with that rowdy Rikkan. She then attended to Sylbus getting him some more ice for his leg.

Four Hours or so Later--2 PMish

Elizabeth's short rest would have made her feel much better, her wounds doing quite well, healing potions were quite the miracle creation you know. Sylbus would be gone from the room but Katia would still be there, still taking to Rikkan who wasn't looking any better. His wounds were physically healed due to the potion but he didn't look any healthwise better. He was still sleepy but looked warm with his fur all matted.
===

Mayli mmediately fetched Elizabeth a cup and clay pitcher upon seeing her adopted sister awake from her sleep, where at some point she took that rest outside, because well, to keep her away from a sick Rikkan.

Hawkflight
2013-05-07, 12:58 AM
Liz was laying in the sun, just relaxing. A book lay by her side, but at the moment she was trying to play a song on the flute. After a while, Katia appeared with a pitcher of water for her.

"Oh, thank you," she said, putting the flute down to drink some water.

Benson
2013-05-07, 01:21 AM
Liz was laying in the sun, just relaxing. A book lay by her side, but at the moment she was trying to play a song on the flute. After a while, Mayli appeared with a pitcher of water for her.

"Oh, thank you," she said, putting the flute down to drink some water.

During those four hours, the bodies of the two dead worgs were carefully removed and carried off far away from the homestead, left to carrion birds to have at it or whatever else.

"Feeling better?" Mayli asked with a small smile.

Hawkflight
2013-05-10, 02:36 PM
During those four hours, the bodies of the two dead worgs were carefully removed and carried off far away from the homestead, left to carrion birds to have at it or whatever else.

"Feeling better?" Mayli asked with a small smile.

Liz smiled and nodded. "Much better, thanks," she said. "My side still hurts some, but it's nothing I can't handle."

Benson
2013-05-11, 10:32 PM
Liz smiled and nodded. "Much better, thanks," she said. "My side still hurts some, but it's nothing I can't handle."

"I'm glad," Mayli softly smiled. The young ratgirl plucked a blade of grass and played with it between her rodent-y fingers. "So what are you going to do now?" She asked.

Hawkflight
2013-05-17, 04:22 PM
Liz pondered the question for a moment. "I was going to visit the herbalist," she finally said. "If the plague reaches us, we should be prepared. Then I thought I might visit the church."

Benson
2013-05-17, 08:49 PM
"Do you think I could come with you? I've never been in town...I mean...I know...being...what I am...you know...a ratfolk...there is already a prejudice..But!...I know you'll protect me, I mean...you did take down a worg," She said with a grin.

Hawkflight
2013-05-18, 05:57 PM
"Do you think I could come with you? I've never been in town...I mean...I know...being...what I am...you know...a ratfolk...there is already a prejudice..But!...I know you'll protect me, I mean...you did take down a worg," She said with a grin.

"Yeah, I am pretty awesome," Liz said with a smirk. "Sure, I'd be glad for some company."

Benson
2013-05-18, 06:21 PM
"Cool," Mayli replied with a pleased grin, her thick pinkish-grey fleshy tail flopping against the ground happily. She leaned against the very much taller Elizabeth and enjoyed the cool air due to the River Foam in fairly close proximity. "I would like to see the markets..I like looking at the wares, window browsing, that could be fun in its own way."

Hawkflight
2013-05-22, 05:17 PM
"Cool," Mayli replied with a pleased grin, her thick pinkish-grey fleshy tail flopping against the ground happily. She leaned against the very much taller Elizabeth and enjoyed the cool air due to the River Foam in fairly close proximity. "I would like to see the markets..I like looking at the wares, window browsing, that could be fun in its own way."

"Sounds good to me," Liz said with a grin. The grin faded, however, when she said, "We do have a purpose, though, so we should take care of that first."

Benson
2013-05-27, 06:25 PM
Mayli nodded. "Of course."

Some Time Later

Anyways, the scene shifts on forward to the two in town, a cold breeze blowing through the town. Had it not been for that people still had to work, due to the Lumber Consortium and their work/labor practices, it would seem ghostly with the atmosphere of the plague hanging over everyone's head.

People went about their business, pretending things were normal even as loved ones succumbed to a sickness. The Low Market was at a slight bustle as vendors tried to sell their third rate goods in hopes of earning coin, some hoping to earn enough to use on their ill loved ones for a cure.

Creeping ivy and full window boxes cover the façade of the rugged-looking, two-story shop bearing the faded sign “Roots and Remedies.” A line of twenty-some somber townsfolk—some with pale, wheezing children, others seeming to be precipitously near tears—stretches from the open door.

Hawkflight
2013-06-09, 01:37 AM
Liz frowned as she saw the line stretching out the door. Now would be a bad time to intrude, she decided. They obviously had many patients to attend to, and she didn't want Mayli and herself to be harassed by the villagers. So instead, she looked towards the marketplace.

"Wanna do that shopping now, and come back later?" she asked.

Benson
2013-06-09, 01:40 AM
"Yea, hopefully the line shortens enough," Mayli replied with a smile, there was also Lizzy's priestess friend she could visit. But shopping!

Hawkflight
2013-06-09, 01:47 AM
Liz nodded. "Actually, maybe we'll see Cirthana there. Maybe she found out something earlier?"

Benson
2013-06-09, 01:53 AM
Liz nodded. "Actually, maybe we'll see Cirthana there. Maybe she found out something earlier?"

"Mmmm...alright then," The ratfolk girl said after a brief thought about it. "Lead the way sis!"

Hawkflight
2013-06-13, 12:19 PM
Liz nodded and led the way to the market. While her sis shopped, she kept an eye out for the priestess from earlier.

Benson
2013-06-13, 05:31 PM
So it seemed they were on their way to the High Markets up the hill. Unfortunately as she tried to gain entrance, the pair of guards watching over the main entrance halted her. They looked her and Mayli over with scrutinizing eyes.

"Halt. I'm afraid you are no longer permitted entrance to the High Markets, please turn around," One of them replied with an authoritative voice. While the other stood at the ready in case for trouble.

Hawkflight
2013-06-13, 05:37 PM
Liz frowned. "By whose orders?" she asked.

Benson
2013-06-13, 05:45 PM
"By orders of Gavel Thuldrin Kreed," The guard replied and tapped his chest with a fist.

Hawkflight
2013-06-13, 05:48 PM
Liz bit her lip, restraining all but a few choice words.

"Have you seen a young cleric by the name of Cirthana lately?" she asked.

Benson
2013-06-13, 05:52 PM
"That woman has not been seen around the High Markets since she too was banned entrance weeks ago, by orders of Gavel Thuldrin Kreed." He replied. Meanwhile Mayli grabbed at Liz confused by the going ons here.

Hawkflight
2013-06-13, 05:55 PM
"I ... see," said Liz. "Weeks ago, you say? If I may inquire, for what reason was she banned?"

Benson
2013-06-14, 01:54 AM
"That is the business of Gavel Thuldrin Kreed, citizen. I suggest for your own good you make haste back down, you can always visit the Low Market if you're so keen on shopping." The guard replied.

Hawkflight
2013-06-14, 02:24 AM
Elizabeth just shrugged for a moment, and nodded.

"Okay then," she said. "C'mon, Mayli, let's not keep the guard busy."

Benson
2013-06-15, 05:09 PM
Mayli frowned at the exclusion of not being allowed into the fancy marketplace but nodded her head and followed her sis. When they were someways downhill she turned to Liz and tilted her head.

"Why were you banned? What beef does whathisface Gavel something have with you?" She asked curiously.

Hawkflight
2013-06-15, 05:11 PM
"His son runs one of the local gangs," Liz explained. "And you know me, I don't take guff from anybody. Plus, he was harassing the young priestess I mentioned earlier."

Benson
2013-06-16, 01:24 AM
"I see...well that's a whole lot dumb...essentially his son cried to daddy that he got 'scratched' by a kitty," Mayli shook her head and loudly sighed. "I don't like people like that....him I mean."

Anyways, whelp, they would find themselves down at the Low Markets where third rate goods were exchanged for coppers.

Suddenly, Liz would hear a familiar voice call out to her. "Miss Elizabeth! Miss Elizabeth!" It was Lady Cirthana

Hawkflight
2013-06-20, 01:51 AM
Liz's ears perked up when she heard the young cleric from before.

"Hi Cirthana," she said. "I was just looking for you, what is it?"

Benson
2013-06-21, 07:38 PM
"Oh uh..nothing really...I just saw you and figured I'd say hello," She tiredly smiled and looked at between Lizzy and Mayli.

Hawkflight
2013-06-21, 09:05 PM
"Oh, well, hi," said Liz. "I was actually looking for you. I was wondering if you'd heard anything else about the plague since this morning."

Benson
2013-06-21, 09:20 PM
"Oh, well, hi," said Liz. "I was actually looking for you. I was wondering if you'd heard anything else about the plague since this morning."

"I'm afraid not aside from that another citizen was infected....young Hollin Hebbradan's older sister Rella came down with it and has been forced to be bed ridden despite that awful half orc Kabran Bloodeye's wishes for her to keep working. Poor girl," Cirthana shook her head. Mayli frowned even if she didn't know who this person was, it still made her sad.

Hawkflight
2013-06-22, 09:58 AM
"That is ... unfortunate," Liz agreed.

Benson
2013-06-28, 01:50 AM
There was an awkward silence for a moment as Cirthana discretely coughed into her balled hand.

"So uhm..want to get in line? To ah you know...see Laurel? We can at least still discuss things whilst in line."

Mayli then tugged at Liz's armor. "Pssst psst ask her about why she got banned too...I'm curious.."

Hawkflight
2013-06-28, 01:52 AM
Liz shook her head. "These people need her attention for more than we do at the moment. I'll try to catch her at a time when she's not busy. In the meanwhile ... I'm curious. Not to be rude, but I heard you got banned from High Market a while ago. What's up with that?"

Benson
2013-06-28, 08:35 PM
"Oh...that...," Cirthana looked away and stared at the ground. "Its because I'm a clergy member of the Church of Iomedae...Gavel Thuldrin Kreed isn't too fond of..well the Faith."

Hawkflight
2013-06-28, 11:39 PM
"Hmmm...." Liz pondered this information for a bit. "What is this 'Gavel Kreed' like, anyway?"

Benson
2013-07-01, 02:55 PM
"Hmmm...." Liz pondered this information for a bit. "What is this 'Gavel Kreed' like, anyway?"

"He's just.." Cirthana then lowered and leaned in for a hushed tone. "Just an all around horrible person, a bully really with too much power. Just last week he publicly beat a man just for bumping into him as he took a stroll into town with his cronies."

Hawkflight
2013-07-01, 04:39 PM
Liz's mouth went taut for a moment, before she sighed and tried to relax it.

"Well, we have more important things to worry about," she said. "Like the plague. Which reminds me ... what are the early symptoms of it?"

Benson
2013-07-01, 05:08 PM
Liz's mouth went taut for a moment, before she sighed and tried to relax it.

"Well, we have more important things to worry about," she said. "Like the plague. Which reminds me ... what are the early symptoms of it?"

"Mmm, from what 've been able to determine with the cases I've tried to help with, the victim usually starts getting the symptoms of a fever, a hacking cough that can be bloody." Cirthana frowned as the young Mayli by Liz's side squeezed the catfolk's hand with a worried look.

Hawkflight
2013-07-06, 12:33 AM
"..."

Liz was silent for a second. She looked down, thinking about Rikkan. After a moment, she perked her head up. "So! How about we go see Ms. Laurel then, shall we?"

Benson
2013-07-07, 03:37 PM
"..."

Liz was silent for a second. She looked down, thinking about Rikkan. After a moment, she perked her head up. "So! How about we go see Ms. Laurel then, shall we?"

Cirthana stared at mild surprise from the sudden change of heart but warmly smiled. "Very well, come then, let us pay her a visit."

--

When they got there, the line was beginning to shorten, as many dark eyed people could be seen leaving, a sort of tired and weariness in them.

Hawkflight
2013-07-07, 04:01 PM
Liz got to the back of the line, and just waited for it to shorten.

(Has Rikkan been to the town?)

Benson
2013-07-08, 05:23 PM
Eventually Liz, Cirthana and Mayli move up in the line.

The smell of burnt earth and spicy incense chokes the air of the cramped, mud-tracked shop. Bunches of dried herbs hang from the ceiling, along with dangling pots, presses, alchemical apparatuses, and glassware of more arcane purposes. Pouches of rare plants, jars of colored glass, and all manner of dried, preserved, and jellied animal parts fill high shelves and tables doing double duty as displays and workspaces. In the shop’s rear, a rail-thin woman with severe-looking spectacles and hair pulled back tightly busies herself between an overpacked rack of herbs, a table covered in stray powders and measuring equipment, and a pot loudly bubbling over with thick gray froth. Over the din of her work and without looking up, the woman impatiently says, “Yes?”

Hawkflight
2013-07-14, 02:25 PM
Liz put on a brave smile and stepped forward, despite her apprehension.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Laurel," she said. "We were hoping to get some information about the plague that's been spreading lately?"

Diplomacy check? [roll0]

Benson
2013-07-15, 04:55 AM
Laurel looked at Elizabeth for a moment and then pulled back and cleaned her glasses with a cloth.

"You're not the first hon to ask me that...but please, what do you want to know exactly?" The severe woman pulled back on her well...severity and relaxed her composure as she stared at Liz, studying the feline, covering her interest well with a raised brow.

Hawkflight
2013-07-18, 01:18 AM
"Early diagnoses and symptoms, cures, and potential origins of the disease, especially if artificial in nature," Liz said succinctly.

Benson
2013-07-18, 01:22 PM
There was a slight annoyed groan from Laurel as she pinched her nose with thumb and index finger.

“Just a fungus that’s not good for anything. Hard, bitter, and sharp, it likes the water and gets you sick if you drink it down. Never heard of it growing around these parts, though, until now. But its like any sickness, almost like any other, but you get the mold growing in you. It starts eating away in your chest and belly and is damned determined to stay. Your body near turns itself insideout
trying to hack the stuff up, but all that does is cuts your guts up… bad.”

"Feverish, coughing blood, the early symptoms. As for a cure, “Not around here. I’ll get these folks what I can and we’ll see what good it does.....but..." She stood up and walked behind her work table and pulled out an old dusty purple tome from her bookshelf.

“My grandmother’s book has a brew in it that says its good for this kind of thing. A weird concoction that sounds more like hoojoo than real medicine.”

Hawkflight
2013-07-18, 06:42 PM
"If there's anything I've learned in my travels, it's that hoojoo is the best medicine," Liz remarked. "I assume that either you've tried it and it hasn't worked, or that it requires some rare ingredient that can only be found in a worg's den or something, yes?"

Benson
2013-07-25, 12:16 PM
“Some rare roots and concentrations, most of which I have here, but there’s three I don’t. Elderwood moss, which I’ve never heard of, but granny says the stuff only grows on the oldest tree in a forest. A specially pickled root called rat’s tail, again, sounds like hoojoo to me. And seven ironbloom mushrooms, stunty little things that only grow in dark places thick with metal, a favorite among dwarves, or so I hear.”

Hawkflight
2013-07-31, 05:07 PM
"Hmmm ... forest, dwarves ... what of this 'rat's tail'?" asked Liz.

Benson
2013-07-31, 05:14 PM
“Thee rat’s tail, who knows? Well. Actually. Ulizmila, the witch that lives deep in the woods might. She’s a crafty, mean thing that knows all sorts of strangeness. She might even have one. I don’t know what she might want for it, but I doubt it’d come cheap. My grandmother traded her sight to the old crone for a few pages of what she knew, and that was years and years back, and I don’t know a soul who got any nicer as they got older.”

Hawkflight
2013-07-31, 05:21 PM
"Okay, last question. Do you know where this sickness is coming from? I think my dad might have it, but he doesn't come anywhere near the town."

Benson
2013-08-01, 02:27 AM
"Okay, last question. Do you know where this sickness is coming from? I think my dad might have it, but he doesn't come anywhere near the town."

"Wait...she said how the fungus enjoys watery places....." Cirthana paused as her eyes went wide. "The water well!...That has to be it!....Everyone uses the waterwell...its the perfect vessel for this sort of disease."

Mayli furrowed her brow and glanced at the three. "But us..we...don't use the water well...we take from the River Foam...."

Cirthana frowned and worked her jaw, for that she had no answer. "Maybe...there's something else we're not seeing?"

"Could be...regardless...if you plan to look for these ingredients...I suggest you go to visit Milon Rhoddam, he's experienced in regards to the Dark Vale woods....you'll find him in the eastern Consortium Lumber Camp," Laurel said adjusting her glasses.

Hawkflight
2013-08-02, 03:21 PM
Liz nodded. "Understood," she said. "You may want to try taking samples from the well, see what comes up."

Benson
2013-08-06, 01:35 PM
Liz nodded. "Understood," she said. "You may want to try taking samples from the well, see what comes up."

Laurel glanced up Liz from her work but just briefly nodded. There was silence for a moment until Cirthana spoke up clasping her hands together.

"I want to go with you on this venture. I think...that if we're successful this may also get people to start thinking better about the church," She sheepishly smiled.

Hawkflight
2013-08-06, 02:23 PM
Liz nodded her agreement. "Sure thing," she said. "Mayli, you should go back to the farm and make sure our dad is okay. Ms. Laurel, is there anything that can be done to delay the onset of this illness?"

Benson
2013-08-06, 11:19 PM
Liz nodded her agreement. "Sure thing," she said. "Mayli, you should go back to the farm and make sure our dad is okay. Ms. Laurel, is there anything that can be done to delay the onset of this illness?"

"That's what I've been doing since this whole thing started," Laurel replied as she fetched a small bottle and slid it on the desk. "A fever reducer but it doesn't make the sickness just go away."

Hawkflight
2013-08-06, 11:34 PM
"Right then," said Liz. "Let us make haste. Cirthana, are you ready to go?"

Benson
2013-08-07, 12:06 AM
"Right then," said Liz. "Let us make haste. Cirthana, are you ready to go?"

"Actually...could we make a quick stop at the church real quick? Going about town...I don't really carry my gear on me, it would look a little weird," You know given she wasn't your standard adventurer who would wear their battered armor on a regular basis. She wanly smiled at Liz. "Not that its weird on you anything eheheh..heh."

Hawkflight
2013-08-07, 12:14 AM
"Yes, well, it pays to be prepared," said Liz. "Sure thing. Want some company, or should we meet you at the edge of town?"

Benson
2013-08-08, 11:39 PM
"Mmm, perhaps you should meet me back at the edge of town....considering..some people and their opinions, its probably best if you take your..sister back to where you live, safer that way for her." Cirthana faintly smiled and nodded her head.

Hawkflight
2013-08-09, 04:51 PM
Liz nodded.

"Agreed," she said. "Ready to go, Mayli?"

Benson
2013-08-14, 03:37 AM
"I am.." Mayli replied puffing her furry cheeks a bit taking one last glance around the odd shop.

Hawkflight
2013-08-19, 08:04 PM
"Right, let's go then."

Benson
2013-08-20, 01:11 PM
So anyways, Mayli gets dropped off, Rikkan's in no better condition, and Liz is now meeting Cirthana at the edge of town, north east edge.

The priestress was sporting some leather armor, dyed bone white and red to represent the colors of Iomedae, her hair up in a tight bun, a short sword she probably wasn't that proficient in at its scabbard at her side...and a big ass backpack filled with supplies.

"It pays to be prepared." She grinned and echoed Liz as she greeted her.

Hawkflight
2013-08-20, 03:31 PM
Liz, for her part, returned home and quickly rolled up a few extra cartridges. She loaded up on ammo, strapped on her guns, packed some supplies, and made her way to the rendezvous point.

So anyways, Mayli gets dropped off, Rikkan's in no better condition, and Liz is now meeting Cirthana at the edge of town, north east edge.

The priestress was sporting some leather armor, dyed bone white and red to represent the colors of Iomedae, her hair up in a tight bun, a short sword she probably wasn't that proficient in at its scabbard at her side...and a big ass backpack filled with supplies.

"It pays to be prepared." She grinned and echoed Liz as she greeted her.

"Fair," said Liz. She examined the Cleric briefly. "Do you have any combat training?"

Benson
2013-08-21, 11:49 AM
Cirthana hunched her shoulders and stared at the ground. "Uhm...not really...but!....I am adept at basic cure spells and positive energy channeling."

Hawkflight
2013-08-21, 01:07 PM
Liz nodded. She unholstered her dragon pistol, loaded it with a Dragon's Breath shot, and gave it to Cirthana, along with some ammo.

"Here," she said. "Stuff a cartridge down the barrel, draw back the hammer, aim, and pull the trigger. The red cartridges shoot fire, the green ones shoot acid. It's already got a red one loaded."

Benson
2013-08-22, 02:29 AM
Liz nodded She unholstered her dragon pistol, loaded it with a Dragon's Breath shot, and gave it to Cirthana, along with some ammo.

"Here," she said. "Stuff a cartridge down the barrel, draw back the hammer, aim, and pull the trigger. The red cartridges shoot fire, the green ones shoot acid. It's already got a red one loaded."

Cirthana sported a look of surprise at the weird weapon Liz casually handed over to her. She held the pistol in both hands staring at the foreign weapon.

"Uhm..I...well thank you Miss Elizabeth...I...I'll do my best with it." She said faintly smiling and nodding her head.

Hawkflight
2013-08-22, 11:55 PM
Liz nodded. "Well then, let's go."

Benson
2013-08-23, 12:07 AM
4707 AR, Rova, (September) Toilday (Tuesday) 4:30 PM

And so the two of you make haste to the lumber keep at north, as it looks to be the shorter distance. Anyways! Its a very long walk taking to at least three hours in length give or take a few miles. You likely sip from your waterskins as the tiring trek beats down on you.

The Lumber Consortium Camp cuts an ugly scar of stumps into a dense stand of proud darkwood trees. A few miles up and one could actually see the forest. Five sturdy-looking log buildings—seemingly a bunkhouse, meal hall, office, barn, and smithy—stand with numerous wide carts and sleds amid the sawdust-covered clearing. The atmosphere around the camp appears as callous and unrelenting as the men who work it. At the moment several employees could be seen hauling logs and stacking them in their groupings. The employees seem to ignore and pay you no heed as they continue on with their back breaking labor.

Cirthana winced at the sight of bad lumber practices and wrinkled her nose, shaking her head. 'Admittedly, I've never been to the lumber camp, this is the first time I've ever seen it and the...damage done to the forest."
http://i41.tinypic.com/1zogqx3.jpg

Hawkflight
2013-08-23, 12:10 AM
Liz frowned at the sight, not liking what she saw. But she shook her head.

"There is little we can do about it," she said. "Though ... I wonder. When did this sickness start?"

Benson
2013-08-23, 12:33 AM
Liz frowned at the sight, not liking what she saw. But she shook her head.

"There is little we can do about it," she said. "Though ... I wonder. When did this sickness start?"

"I'm not exactly sure...the first cases I became aware of were maybe five days ago, but those were just from the few folks who came to the church for assistance. It might have started earlier." She replied with a small frown.
-

"You two! You are not employees, what business do you have here?" A large heavy set man dressed in fine fancy clothing approached the two, his plump cheeks pink and bald head sweaty as he dabbed himself with his handkerchief. He carried himself with a self important air despite coming off as sweaty and gunky.

Hawkflight
2013-08-23, 12:37 AM
Elizabeth, to her credit, was unfazed.

"Elizabeth Starr," she said. She'd shake his hand if offered or accepted. "We're here to investigate the illness spreading around Falcon's Hollow. If you don't mind my asking, how long has this operation been going on?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Benson
2013-08-23, 12:57 AM
The pink faced man barely touched the tip of her furry hands for a handshake, withdrawing it quickly, his hands were sweaty after all, his posture stiffening. "Jarlben Trookshavits, camp foreman." He said introducing himself.

"Illness? Oh right...well, none of my men here have come down with that illness, praise Desna, though I'm not sure what answers you'll get here in regards to that. As for second question, I'm going to ignore your implications there but, this lumber camp in particular has been in operation for eight months. The newest of the three set up by the Consortium."

"Miss Elizabeth don't forget about Milon Rhoddam, Miss Laurel suggested we find him," Cirthana said to Elizabeth in hushed whispers. However Jarlben caught her whisper and raised a brow.

"What business do you have with him?" He asked them, his little eyes all squinty. Cirthana froze up and derped in response.

Hawkflight
2013-08-23, 01:06 AM
"We were told that he's well acquainted with these woods," replied Liz. "We're looking for someone in there who may be able to help with the illness. Just one more question, if I may. Have your men been logging near the river for the past week or two?"

Benson
2013-08-23, 01:18 AM
Jarlben furrowed his brows, knitting them close together as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "We have yet to penetrate that deep into the forest...our efforts to move our operations further have been met with...equipment malfunctions.

"You're not secretly from the consortium are you?...I've already sent the letter about the troubles we've been having...I swear its not my fault, I'm running the camp as best as I can." He said defensively putting his hands up in front of him.

Cirthana listened to the two and quietly glanced over at Liz. "What are you trying to get at if you don't mind my asking, Miss Elizabeth?"

Hawkflight
2013-08-23, 01:24 AM
Liz shook her head. "Don't worry, I'm here on my own merits," she replied. She didn't mention the fact that if she was 'secretly' anything, she wouldn't just own up and tell him.

To Cirthana, she replied, "Well, I was thinking. This logging operation is pretty close to the river. If they accidentally polluted something in the southwest corner of the woods, near the river foam, it could get into the water supply and cause this illness."

Benson
2013-08-23, 01:32 AM
"Ahem, despite the Consortium's...practices I doubt we're the cause of this illness, as if though the Consortium needed anymore tarnish to their name." Jarlben interjected. Cirthana just raised a brow at him.

Hawkflight
2013-08-23, 01:34 AM
"I'm not accusing you of bad practices," Liz reassured the man. "But anything can happen, despite one's best precautions. Anyways, do you know where we can find Milon?"

Benson
2013-08-23, 01:46 AM
"You can find him in the meal hall and while you're there, tell that bum his break is almost over," Jarlben replied with a minor look of annoyance though not directed at Liz or Cirthana.

Hawkflight
2013-08-23, 01:47 AM
"Understood," said Liz, making her way towards the meal hall.

Benson
2013-08-23, 01:50 AM
"Do you think he's telling the truth? I couldn't really read his body language, his sweatiness kind of threw me off," Cirthana asked as they walked through the lumberyard. Liz found herself with some stares by the men, though ones more of confusion at seeing a catgirl.

Hawkflight
2013-08-23, 02:13 AM
Liz nodded. "He's hiding something," she said. "But I don't think it was anything to do with the illness."

Benson
2013-08-23, 02:26 AM
Cirthana 'hmm'd', her lips taut as she walked on in thought.
---

Eventually the two entered the mead hall where several men sat around, having their lunch break and having bread, beans and mead. After asking around for Milon, the two are directed towards large muscled human with a mop of brown hair, a patch of beer growing, and a crooked nose, his skin tanned from laboring under the sun, he looked to have a bit of Kelesh1te in him. Around him on the table in front of him were several pints of mead and beers, previously emptied.

Hawkflight
2013-08-27, 08:30 PM
Liz walked right up to the man described.

"Excuse me, are you Milon?" she asked.

Benson
2013-08-27, 09:34 PM
The haggard looking man pinched his brows with a hand, the other holding his pint. "I am, what's it to ya?" He stared at the drink in his hand with a dour expression and softly sighed, as if though he had things on his mind.

Hawkflight
2013-08-29, 11:25 AM
"I'm sorry to bother you," Liz began. "But I understand you're intimately acquainted with the local forest. We're searching for someone in there, and wish to hire your services as a guide."

Benson
2013-08-29, 01:01 PM
"Case ya haven't noticed, I'm on break, means I'mma have to return to work, ain't got no time to play guide," Milon then narrowed his eyes and ran his pint of booze along his mouth.

"Who ya searchin' for anyway in the woods? Ain't no place ta build a life in, gotta be some kind of crazy person." He muttered and drank his booze.

Hawkflight
2013-08-29, 01:09 PM
"We can provide for any missed wages," Liz assured the man. "We can also wait until your work day is done. We're looking for a woman named Ulizmila. She's a medicine lady who lives in the woods. Our village is affected by a plague, and we've heard that certain ingredients can be found there."

Benson
2013-08-29, 01:19 PM
"We can't really wait too long Miss Elizabeth....this is time sensitive.." Cirthana whispered uncomfortable with the idea.

Milon narrowed his shot eyes again. "Sorry can't...providin' missed wages ain't gonna help nothin' when my sorry ass gets fired for takin' off...But..ya mentioned the plague?...Mah nephew...poor boy...mah sis told me that he....boy came down with it.."

"Tell ya what though....how 'bout I draw ya up a map instead, most I can do." He gave a taut frown.

Hawkflight
2013-08-29, 01:21 PM
Liz nodded. "Any help is appreciated," she said.

Benson
2013-08-29, 01:23 PM
"What are ya looking for anyway aside from that witch Ulizmila?" He questions as he takes another sip of his ale.

Hawkflight
2013-08-29, 01:29 PM
"Let's see ... elderwood moss, which grows on the oldest tree in a forest. And ironbloom mushrooms, which grow in places thick with metal. I hear it's a favorite of dwarves. And a pickled root called rat's tail, which is why we need to see the witch."

Benson
2013-08-29, 07:42 PM
Cirthana just looked at Liz in amusement as the catgirl basically regurgitated what the ol' herbalist said.

Milon worked his jaw and stared at Liz, his fingers drumming on the table. "I know of such places, particularly where ya can find ironbloom mushrooms. There's a monostory up north, abandoned, ain't been no dwarves in decades but never know, might find them mushrooms you looking for."

"Anyways, do either of ya two have a map on ya by chance, I can mark them places for ya...or a piece paper, draw ya that quick sketch though the former would be easier."

Hawkflight
2013-09-01, 01:56 AM
Liz frowned, then glanced at Cirthana.

"Do you have any paper?" she asked.

Benson
2013-09-02, 01:25 AM
Cirthana searches her large pack after setting it down and digs out a piece of paper and a piece of charcoal and hands them both to Milon who begins to sketch out a map of the forest, marking off the locations.

He then hands his crude map over to Liz. "Sorry...about the messiness but...it should help with the general locations, might take a bit of searchin to find the exact spots."

http://i41.tinypic.com/kf48y8.jpg

Hawkflight
2013-09-04, 12:28 AM
"Thank you," said Liz. She fished around in her bag, producing a couple of coins which she placed on the table. "Have another drink, on the house."

With that, she turned and made for the exit, unless the guy had more to say.

Benson
2013-09-04, 12:48 AM
Yea, cuz he really needs more alcohol in him. He faintly smiled and rubbed his scratchy face with his palm. "Just save my nephew please."

Hawkflight
2013-09-05, 03:23 PM
"I will do my best," said Liz, on her way out.

Benson
2013-09-09, 01:17 PM
And so the two left the mess hall as then Cirthana tugged at Liz's sleeve. "Miss Elizabeth....where do you think we should go first?" She unraveled the map and gestures to the marked locations. "I think....that the elder tree would be closest but...you are the group leader, where should we travel to first?"

Hawkflight
2013-09-09, 03:25 PM
Liz thought for a moment before nodding. "The Elder Tree seems like a good first stop," she agreed.

Benson
2013-09-11, 12:17 AM
4707 AR, Rova, (September) Toilday (Tuesday) 5:15 PM

The forty five minute travel from the lumber camp to the far off edge of the forest was uneventful though the sight of all the cut down to their trunks trees could be saddening to anyone who appreciated nature. Anyways, the two managed to stay on route, it was slightly made easier due to all the equipment left around marking the Consortium's continuing progress against the forest. Presumably both Liz and Cirthana engaged in some small talk though Cirthana would come to fall quiet for long stretches of time and if asked if she was alright she would only respond with 'its nothing to worry about'.

You both venture deeper into the forest, the ethereal beauty of the old woods becoming apparent. The old dark wood trees loomed tall and over creating a canopy of leaves and beams of light were numerous. There was a sense of First World beauty. One tree in particularly seemed to have a streak of multi-colored...something. There were stories of fairies having rainbow blood, but who really knew?

Suddenly you hear the sounds of an animal-like yelping and yipping of some creature in pain. Not far from the edge of the forest-shrouded river, a fox with large ears and bright orange fur lies bleeding, its hindquarters caught fully in the jaws of a crude iron trap. It yelps louder upon sensing you lot and then tries to chew around the trap to no avail.

Cirthana yelps as she rushes over to aid the poor creature as she hunches over the trap trying to figure this out. "Miss Elizabeth..! I need your help."

Hawkflight
2013-09-11, 12:27 AM
Liz was already on her way. She knelt down next to it, and attempted to pull the trap open to free the fox.

"Do you know any Calm Animal spells?" she asked as she worked.

Disable Device: [roll0]

Benson
2013-09-11, 01:49 AM
"I'm not aware of such a spell....I...don't.." Cirthana said with a frown as then Liz maneuvered the rusty trap, wriggling out a rusty heavy bolt. The fox in the meanwhile yelped louder and louder for some...reason.

As the trap fell apart the fox limped out and collapsed on the ground breathing shallowly and weakly tried to lick its wounds. Elizabeth, after shooting off her gun, it's sound echoing throughout the quiet forest, and heating the barrel would be able to cauterize the wounds but not before inciting more pained yelps from the fennec fox and even a startled yelp from Cirthana who was not expecting that.

"Warn a girl next time please?" The cleric sheepishly frown-smiled and casted her eyes downward at the fox. The bleeding stopped at the very least, though now the flesh inside needed help.

Cirthana quickly moved over to it and hesitantly waved her hands over the fox before placing her right on its hind quarters and closed her eyes and prayed, clutching her silver holy amulet of Iomedae.

"Oh my Lady of Valor, The Inheritor, I beseech ye, I ask that you grant me your blessing, that you heal this poor creature and grant it the strength and courage to continue on." A pause as the amulet glowed a faint swirl of silver and red as it coiled down to her right arm, extended, placed on the fox.

The twelve second moment was over as the fox weakly stirred, between the two of them, it was going to live.

Hawkflight
2013-09-11, 02:11 AM
Liz let out a low sigh of relief, pocketing her pistol once more. "I am sorry I had to do that," she said. "But it's important to cauterize the wound to make sure nothing bad gets in through the cut."

Then she stared at the trap for a moment. "I wonder, though ... what's a trap doing out here in the middle of the woods? Woods that are being cleared for logging?"

Benson
2013-09-11, 02:46 AM
"Perhaps a woodsman who still ventur--" Cirthana's words were cut off with a yelp as suddenly a crudely made arrow zipped past her and right past Liz's fluffy kitty ear, creating a sharp wind. The arrow plunked hard against a tree in front of her, embedding itself in it.

There was suddenly just a dramatic breeze as the 'camera' showed the duo from a bird's eye view, or rather a razor claw's (big ol' raven) point of view. The trees shuddered, or at least them seemed to, this is all just dramatic flavoring. Cicadas started to sing their song, as the nearby river played its own rushed tune.

Lots of trees of all sizes, but mostly big, around you two, thick and close together.

<perception check>

Hawkflight
2013-09-11, 03:06 AM
Liz's ears twitched as the arrow zipped past her. She opened her mouth slightly, taking in the scents of the forest around her.

Perception: [roll0]

Also using Scent.

Benson
2013-09-11, 12:56 PM
Elizabeth takes in the musty smell of the ancient forest, the moist soil from the river's edge, wafts its way into her furry feline nose, the dried dung from some long past creature. She also catches a wiff of just some awful smell, like, musty sweaty stale armpit of a stink with a hint of piss. Her eyes notice a flutter around fifty feet away give or take, north east in the thick tree line.

Hawkflight
2013-09-11, 03:08 PM
Elizabeth's hands drifted toward her pistols, slowly edging them out of their holsters.

"Show yourself!" she called out, keeping her eyes on the flutter she noticed to the northeast.

Benson
2013-09-11, 08:35 PM
Whatever it was did not show itself, in the way desired. Rather whatever it was shot another arrow that zoomed through the leaves and branches. However, at least now Liz would be able to realize that whatever it was, was in the trees, on the branches.

Anyways, the arrow flew as it struck Liz between her right shoulder and feline breast. Cirthana yelped as she saw the just painful looking wound.

"We have to take cover Miss Elizabeth!" She said pleading as to her left she gestured to a tree with a four foot wide trunk. "Get that arrow out so I can heal you."

<Elizabeth takes 9 piercing damage>

Hawkflight
2013-09-11, 11:23 PM
Whatever it was did not show itself, in the way desired. Rather whatever it was shot another arrow that zoomed through the leaves and branches. However, at least now Liz would be able to realize that whatever it was, was in the trees, on the branches.

Anyways, the arrow flew as it struck Liz between her right shoulder and feline breast. Cirthana yelped as she saw the just painful looking wound.

"We have to take cover Miss Elizabeth!" She said pleading as to her left she gestured to a tree with a four foot wide trunk. "Get that arrow out so I can heal you."

<Elizabeth takes 9 piercing damage>

Liz frowned when the shooter didn't show himself, though really, should she have expected anything else? Seeing the man poke out to take a shot, she quickly dodged to the side, moving behind a nearby tree for cover. (Burning a time mote and using a deed to get myself enough AC to avoid the shot as an immediate action, and move five feet to cover.)

"Don't worry, I'm fine," she said, loading her guns. "Quickly, move forward and use the gun I gave you!" Peeking out from behind cover, she took careful aim, and shot at her assailant.

Full attack using the Deadeye deed to target touch AC. Attack 1 uses flare ammo, so if it hits, make 2 fort saves vs DC 15. (EDIT: I think it hits. :smalleek:) Attack 2 is regular ammo.

Damage 1: [roll1] x 4 = 24

Attack 2: [roll2]

Damage 1: [roll3]

Benson
2013-09-15, 06:37 PM
Cirthana nodded as she moved on in all her clunkiness as she clumsily held the gun in her hand and dove to hide behind a tree for cover.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Elizabeth's gun went off as she hopped back a bit from the recoil. The camera then pans and falls behind the round bullet in a first person view as it speedily flew through the thick trees. Birds scattered out of the way, leaves fell off as off in the distance the bullet and camera closed in on a shadowed humanoid squatting on a thick branch.

/scene change

Back to Liz. She actually wouldn't know if she hit whatever it was or not.

Hawkflight
2013-09-15, 10:53 PM
Liz continued to hide behind the tree, keeping an eye on the spot where the shots had been coming from. When no further shots came, she stepped forward to investigate.

Benson
2013-09-16, 12:20 PM
Eventually Liz would come across the body of a grey skinned hobgoblin with a prodigious cleft palate sprawled on the forest floor, gaping hole in its chest. A bow lay on the ground a few inches out of reach, a small sack pack slung with rope over his back had a few crude arrows spilling out.

Hawkflight
2013-09-16, 01:54 PM
Liz frowned upon seeing the body. She hadn't wanted to kill him, she'd wanted to interrogate him and find out why he was attacking her. Sighing, she proceeded to rifle through his things to see if there was any such indication.

Benson
2013-09-18, 03:59 AM
She would come to find six crude stone arrows, ragged but sharp. Along with two copper pieces, a handful of grubworms and some trapper gear.

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 02:29 PM
Liz sighed and stood up, keeping her guns drawn. "Nothing," she said. "Keep an eye out. There may be more threats."

Benson
2013-09-20, 12:18 PM
Cirthana had followed Liz and peered over and held her hand to her mouth when she saw the dead hobgoblin. She gulped it back down.

"Maybe it was some...hunter of some sort?..." Cirthana commented and then took a step back from the gruesome sight.

"Well anyways....perhaps....we ought to move on...before it gets too dark , oh and find a decent area to set up camp?"

Hawkflight
2013-09-20, 01:02 PM
"Agreed," Liz said grimly.

Benson
2013-09-22, 12:04 PM
"Alrighty, lead the way Miss," Cirthana faintly smiled and nodded her head.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 03:00 AM
Liz led the way, searching for a good campsite.

Survival to find a good campsite: [roll0]

Benson
2013-09-26, 12:08 PM
A thirty minute trek later, Liz finds them a nice small clearing in the forest just north of the river after finding a small wooden bridge going over the narrowest part of the river.

Hawkflight
2013-10-01, 07:11 PM
A thirty minute trek later, Liz finds them a nice small clearing in the forest just north of the river after finding a small wooden bridge going over the narrowest part of the river.

Liz proceeded to set up camp. For herself, she was quite content to sleep in a tree, but she figured Cirthana would want to sleep in a tent or a sleeping bag.

Benson
2013-10-02, 03:02 PM
Cirthana herself had a sleeping bag as she went about unrolling it and prepping her spot.

Hawkflight
2013-10-02, 03:07 PM
In which case, Kitty just slept in a tree, fully-clothed with her guns holstered.

Benson
2013-10-04, 02:16 AM
The night would come and go without incident, assuming watches were taken the only thing one would hear was distant howling.

Next Morning!

4707 AR, Rova, (September) Wealday (Wednesday) 7 am

The air was chilly again, though the clouds no longer covered the sky in grey overcast. Rather, just patches of thick cloud dotted the great blue. Morning dew glistened on the grass and leaves in the forest, it was slightly damp here.
Also, there little fox friend seemed to have disappeared over night.

Cirthana was already awake, though she was in prayer for her goddess at the moment.

Hawkflight
2013-10-10, 03:52 AM
Liz woke up fairly late, for her, and was almost instantly ready to go. She checked her guns, donned her backpack, hopped down to the ground, and did a few stretches, pretty much ready to go.

Benson
2013-10-12, 11:18 PM
Cirthana was still in her meditative prayer whilst the little red ferret firefox nosed around in her pack. Nosy nosy nosy.

Hawkflight
2013-10-12, 11:33 PM
Cirthana was still in her meditative prayer whilst the little red ferret firefox nosed around in her pack. Nosy nosy nosy.

Liz attempted to take the fox's attention off the pack by offering it some food.

Benson
2013-10-20, 01:15 PM
The fox made a gesture to nip at Liz but when it saw the food she was trying to distract it with, the little fox jumped at the food and began to nom away on it.

A moment later Cirthana stirred from her prayer and opened her eyes. "Oh...morning Elizabeth." She said looking over at the catfolk.

Hawkflight
2013-10-28, 10:34 PM
"Morning, Cirthana," said Liz, checking her guns.

Benson
2013-10-29, 12:24 AM
"We're you able to sleep well Miss Elizabeth?" The cleric asked with a small smile as she began to straighten herself out.

Hawkflight
2013-10-29, 05:14 PM
"We're you able to sleep well Miss Elizabeth?" The cleric asked with a small smile as she began to straighten herself out.

"Well enough," said Liz. "It's not home, but it'll do."

Benson
2013-11-05, 12:08 PM
Cirthana thoughtfully smiled and hummed.

"So, I suppose by the looks of it, you are ready to go?"

Hawkflight
2013-11-05, 01:59 PM
"Always," said Liz. "When you've been living my lifestyle for a few years, you tend to be ready to go at the drop of a hat."

Benson
2013-11-06, 11:58 AM
"Alrighty...so which location were we going to head to first?" She asked as she pulled out the sketched up map Milon made for them.

Hawkflight
2013-11-13, 08:12 PM
"Alrighty...so which location were we going to head to first?" She asked as she pulled out the sketched up map Milon made for them.

"The elder tree, I think," Kitty replied.

Benson
2013-11-18, 11:52 PM
"Well then...we should probably head out," Cirthana said with a small smile.

Basic Survival Check for how long its going to take, considering time is of the essence.

Hawkflight
2013-11-28, 10:21 PM
Whoops, I forgot I hadn't posted here. ^^;
[roll0]

Benson
2013-12-08, 09:30 AM
An hour into their trek, the duo and a half come to find themselves in the presence of ancient beauty. The dense trees and thick brush of the forest give way, parting seemingly in respect for the titanic darkwood tree that dominates this clearing. Several times taller than a temple minaret, in one direction the obviously ancient tree reaches into the sky with branches like a giant’s arms, while in the other it plumbs the earth with roots thicker than a man’s waist. Its limbs broad and strong, its bark thick and so richly colored as to almost be black, and its leaves the size of bucklers, the giant thing is less a tree and more a cathedral of boughs and branches.

"Wow.." Cirthana said in amazement of the mighty tree before the two.

Hawkflight
2013-12-21, 07:28 PM
Liz let out a low whistle, looking around the clearing attentively for any signs of trouble, or what she needed.

Benson
2014-01-11, 09:16 PM
In her survey, as Liz looked around, she would come to hear some faint sounds of the foliage rustling. From the corner of her eye she would catch the sight of...something's leathery looking tail disappearing off into the high reaches and thick and dense leaves of the great elder tree.

Hawkflight
2014-01-11, 09:20 PM
Liz frowned, pistol drawn and ready to fire at any sign of trouble. She cautiously approached the tree.

Benson
2014-01-11, 09:26 PM
"Oh...ho...ho....ooooh...my....such a weapon like I have never seen...exotic...like the kitty cat hahah....heh..." A dry raspy voice with a hint of a hiss said from somewhere among the humongous tree. Cirthana let out a small yelp and quickly stood next to Liz.

Hawkflight
2014-01-11, 11:55 PM
"Oh...ho...ho....ooooh...my....such a weapon like I have never seen...exotic...like the kitty cat hahah....heh..." A dry raspy voice with a hint of a hiss said from somewhere among the humongous tree. Cirthana let out a small yelp and quickly stood next to Liz.

"Indeed. Am I correct in assuming that this is the elder tree?"

Benson
2014-01-12, 12:00 AM
"I would hope so....would not have liked to make my home in an unmajestiiic...younger tree..." A raspy laugh, some movement among the huge branches.

"Whaat...brings...you trespassers to my home?...Did Greypelt sent you?...." A pause. "You smell awfully like those pesky mutts..."

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 12:44 AM
"I would hope so....would not have liked to make my home in an unmajestiiic...younger tree..." A raspy laugh, some movement among the huge branches.

"Whaat...brings...you trespassers to my home?...Did Greypelt sent you?...." A pause. "You smell awfully like those pesky mutts..."

"Greypelt? Mutts?" Liz inquired, wondering what this creature was talking about. "No, we came for some elder moss, to cure a sickness that plagues our village."

Benson
2014-01-12, 01:22 AM
"Oh...is that so? Hmmmm...." Soon, from the monolithic elder tree, would begin to descend a serpentine creature.The large body of a snake, though it possessed itself a pair of fore arms with large sharp claws that it used to claw into the tree as it climbed down. Chips of bark flew off as it reached ground level. Its head was large and resembled something of draconian lineage, and many sharp teeth lines its maw. It lowed its long neck so that it was eye level with Liz.

"Hmmm....so not sent by Greypelt...but yet you smell like that creature's kind...oh ho ho hmmm....Elder moss you say?" It smiled. "I do..have elder moss but....I give it not so freely....especially not to...nameless trespassers...you know?"

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 01:57 AM
"Oh...is that so? Hmmmm...." Soon, from the monolithic elder tree, would begin to descend a serpentine creature.The large body of a snake, though it possessed itself a pair of fore arms with large sharp claws that it used to claw into the tree as it climbed down. Chips of bark flew off as it reached ground level. Its head was large and resembled something of draconian lineage, and many sharp teeth lines its maw. It lowed its long neck so that it was eye level with Liz.

"Hmmm....so not sent by Greypelt...but yet you smell like that creature's kind...oh ho ho hmmm....Elder moss you say?" It smiled. "I do..have elder moss but....I give it not so freely....especially not to...nameless trespassers...you know?"

"Elizabeth Starr ... hmmm. By 'Greypelt', do you mean the wargs?" Liz asked.

Benson
2014-01-12, 05:48 PM
"Ugh...worgs....dirty filthy creatures....better off as rugs, or better, pelts to be used for wiping fecal matter..." One would easily sense that this creature really hated worgs. "But yes...I mean..those creatures." It loudly hissed and smacked the tree with its tail end.

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 06:08 PM
"Ugh...worgs....dirty filthy creatures....better off as rugs, or better, pelts to be used for wiping fecal matter..." One would easily sense that this creature really hated worgs. "But yes...I mean..those creatures." It loudly hissed and smacked the tree with its tail end.

"Ah, yes. We did have a rather ... close encounter this morning," said Liz, rubbing the wound on her shoulder.

Benson
2014-01-12, 06:09 PM
"So you agree they are filthy creatures, better off dead yes?" The creature questioned, narrowing its slit-y eyes.

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 06:13 PM
"So you agree they are filthy creatures, better off dead yes?" The creature questioned, narrowing its slit-y eyes.

Liz nodded. "So long as they try to kill us, there is little question in the matter," she agreed.

Benson
2014-01-12, 06:35 PM
"That's all they ever do!" The creature harumped. The creature then went silent and donned a thoughtful look on its face.

"You say you desire my elder moss.....what if...you brought me the pelt of that terrible creature Greypelt? In return I'll let you take all of the elder moss you desire?"

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 07:04 PM
"That's all they ever do!" The creature harumped. The creature then went silent and donned a thoughtful look on its face.

"You say you desire my elder moss.....what if...you brought me the pelt of that terrible creature Greypelt? In return I'll let you take all of the elder moss you desire?"

Liz sighed. She really didn't have time for this, when her father could be dying at this very moment, but it appeared she had little choice.

"Alright," she said. "Where is he?"

Benson
2014-01-12, 07:27 PM
"Mmm...he resides in some old derelict monastery....." If the creature could wrinkle its nose in digust, it would do so, if it had a proper nose.

"So you would do it?"

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 07:29 PM
"Mmm...he resides in some old derelict monastery....." If the creature could wrinkle its nose in digust, it would do so, if it had a proper nose.

"So you would do it?"

"Sure. Where is it?"

Benson
2014-01-12, 07:44 PM
From the creature's description, it seemed to be the same one Milon had placed on the map he gave to Liz.

Coincidence!

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 08:00 PM
From the creature's description, it seemed to be the same one Milon had placed on the map he gave to Liz.

Coincident!

"Well, we were going that way anyway," said Liz. "So that works out. We'll be on our way, then. Come, Cirthana, we have a warg to slay."

Benson
2014-01-12, 10:13 PM
4707 AR, Rova, (September) Wealday (Wednesday) 9:15 AM

Looking back at the creature one would see the creature climb up back into the recesses of the humongous tree.

As the two err well three of continued on through the forest, maneuvering around thick prickly bushes, jumping small ditches, climbing over small ravines, trying not to trip over all the uprooted tree roots, and what not.

At some point they would come across an odd dead tree, streaked with what looked to be some sort of rainbow colored fairy blood. Three sprite like creatures seemed to be pinned against it with rusty nails, with their exsanguinated bodies turned to gnarled wood.

(Knowledge Nature or Local or both, or you can ignore this and continue on)

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 10:44 PM
4707 AR, Rova, (September) Wealday (Wednesday) 9:15 AM

Looking back at the creature one would see the creature climb up back into the recesses of the humongous tree.

As the two err well three of continued on through the forest, maneuvering around thick prickly bushes, jumping small ditches, climbing over small ravines, trying not to trip over all the uprooted tree roots, and what not.

At some point they would come across an odd dead tree, streaked with what looked to be some sort of rainbow colored fairy blood. Three sprite like creatures seemed to be pinned against it with rusty nails, with their exsanguinated bodies turned to gnarled wood.

(Knowledge Nature or Local or both, or you can ignore this and continue on)

Both are untrained, so whatever.

[roll0]

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 11:06 PM
Because why not?

[roll0]

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 11:25 PM
((I did not mean to post those here. Gah, whatever.))

Liz frowned at the sight of the fae, then produced a bottle from her bag. She carefully removed the nails and placed the bodies into the bottle, before putting it back into her bag.

"I'll want to give them a proper burial when we have time," she explained. "And if I can find out what a proper burial for piskies is."

Benson
2014-01-12, 11:33 PM
"Poor dears...whatever do you think could have done that?" She asked aloud, frowning. She uttered a small brief prayer as Elizabeth put the tiny creatures into her bottle. Meanwhile, the little fire ferret fox sniffed the tree and let out a high pitch whine before returning to the ladies' side.

Hawkflight
2014-01-12, 11:35 PM
"Poor dears...whatever do you think could have done that?" She asked aloud, frowning. She uttered a small brief prayer as Elizabeth put the tiny creatures into her bottle. Meanwhile, the little fire ferret fox sniffed the tree and let out a high pitch whine before returning to the ladies' side.

"I have a feeling we'll find out soon enough."

Liz absentmindedly petted the fox, making sure to keep the nails and as much of the blood as she could manage. She had know idea what the proper rituals were for fey, so she decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

Benson
2014-01-12, 11:53 PM
4707 AR, Rova, (September) Wealday (Wednesday) 9:45 AM

Thirty minutes into their trek within the Dark Vale forest, the two and the fire Fennec fox would finally come upon what could only be the monastery spoken off several times.
----

You lot enter the beginnings of a clearing. Droskar's Crag laid beyond. Sitting squat at the foot of the imposing mountain, a ruined monastery comes into view between ancient gnarled trees. Made of simple stone blocks, worn smooth with the passage of time, the stout building is falling apart. Sections of the slanted shale roof have collapsed and portions of the outer wall have crumbled. Weeds and wild thorn plants run rampant across the field leading up to the place, leaving only the slightest indication of a path that ends at the ruined front doors. Beyond, an overgrown yard sits in shadow.

The pair of large 12 foot wooden doors, braced with iron lay broken and smashed against the ground, outwards. On the sides of the entrance are two statues, rather one is a pile of rubble while the one, while very worn can still be made out as a dwarf holding aloft a great stone hammer. Moss and creeper vines cover most of its surface. The ferret fox mews and sticks close to the girls.

Ya'll are in Area 1 right now
http://i42.tinypic.com/2udxcgn.jpg

"Oh wow.....I'm really surprised I never heard of this until the past few days....its...beautiful in that....ancient history sort of way." Cirthana said with a small smile as she walked over to the pair of statues at the entrance way. Well, one and a half but still. She gently touched the one that was more intact, admiring the stone work.

Hawkflight
2014-01-13, 12:12 AM
Liz drew her pistols, glancing around nervously as she made her way through the ruined doors.

"Keep your weapons drawn," she said. "Greypelt is likely to be close by."

[roll0]

Benson
2014-01-13, 12:32 AM
Cirthana nodded as she rested her hand over the gun Liz had given her. The two would enter through the doors and find themselves in a courtyard.

Tall grasses and chunks of stone debris have all but overtaken this small yard. Off to one side, a wooden stable has collapsed into a mound of rotting timbers and moldy straw. The outer wall on the east side has also collapsed, leaving
a ragged hole. Three doors exit into this yard— a pair of double doors to the east, a single door to the north, and a lone door leading into the squat tower in the southeast corner.

Elizabeth herself would come spy a well hidden among the tall grass in the northwest corner of the yard. From where Liz stood she could have sworn she saw..a leg? poking out from behind the well on the other side. Only a real looksie over there would confirm anything. The ferret fox let out a small snarl, but still stuck close to the girls.

Hawkflight
2014-01-13, 01:10 AM
Liz quickly pointed her guns at the bush. When nothing happened, she picked up a rock and threw it at the bush to see what happened.

Benson
2014-01-13, 01:11 AM
The rock would land in the tall yellow grass with a soft thump, aside from that, nothing happened.

Hawkflight
2014-01-13, 01:21 AM
"....Follow me," said Liz. "I'm going to check out that well. If anything moves, fire. And don't worry, I'll be fine."

With that, she moved towards the well, ready for what awaited her....

Readying an action to shoot the beast if it should attack, and moving to see what it is.

Benson
2014-01-13, 01:31 AM
The two would see the corpse of a human lying there against the well. The leg Liz saw was twisted horribly causing it to poke out from behind the wall at an odd angle, hence how she was able to catch sight of it. The body was badly decayed to where between dead flesh, bone could be seen quite vividly along with maggots making their home in the carrion. Cirthana held her hand to her mouth and made the motion of wanting to vomit and even took a moment to step, look away and hunch herself over.

"Oh gods...." She said.

Hawkflight
2014-01-13, 01:43 AM
[roll0]
Liz grimaced, looking away from the body.

"Keep your gun ready," she said, pressing on. "Shoot anything that moves."

Benson
2014-01-17, 02:24 AM
Studying the corpse for a moment, Liz would recognize that the flesh wasn't fully the product of simply it rotting away, but that whoever this was, had been partially devoured by a large creature. In her quick study, she would also catch the sight of a signet ring near the bony hand of the corpse, resting in a small mush of...dead..mushness...maggot stuff....I am articulate!

Hawkflight
2014-01-17, 02:28 AM
Liz reached down and retrieved the ring, cleaning it off before putting it in her pocket.

"Well, at least it ate him," she said. "Better than just killing for sport, I suppose."

Benson
2014-01-18, 03:56 PM
"Its still sad that they died this way, alone," Cirthana frowned, recovering a bit from the initial sight and offered up a quick prayer to the dead.
==========

The two would find no issue getting the double doors open, though the doors would instigate a loud creaking sound when opened. Beyond the double doors is a small dark hall now dimly lit by the light coming in through the open doors. Littered with mounds of debris and a year’s worth of dead leaves, it is clear that a narrow path winds inside.

"...You know...while we're here...we ought to keep an eye out for those mushrooms.." Cirthana commented, keeping her voice low. Something about this place made one want to keep their voice down.

Doors color coded for your convenience
http://i44.tinypic.com/29atmz6.jpg

Hawkflight
2014-01-18, 04:19 PM
Handing an Everburning Torch to Cir, Liz raised her guns and gestured for her to follow. Peeking around the corners, she opened the orange door as quietly as she could and peeked inside, guns ready.

Benson
2014-01-23, 08:53 PM
Elizabeth would find the door to this room locked though the lock on the door didn't seem too hard to pick, maybe. Who knoooows?

Hawkflight
2014-01-23, 09:51 PM
Elizabeth would find the door to this room locked though the lock on the door didn't seem too hard to pick, maybe. Who knoooows?

Liz searched the area around the door for any signs of recent activity. Should she find any, she'd mark the door quietly with a piece of chalk. Should she not find any, she'd make a different mark. She would them proceed to do the same thing with all the other doors in the building.

[roll0]

Benson
2014-01-26, 10:54 PM
The door did look to be used, faint small claw marks could be seen on the doorknob.

Hawkflight
2014-01-26, 11:17 PM
Liz looked around to see if she could tell how many beasts were here.

[roll0]

Benson
2014-01-27, 12:59 AM
Twas slightly difficult to determine how many, but she would come across small reptilian prints against the floor, some centered around the locked door. She would also spy a pair of canine prints in both directions of the hallway.

Hawkflight
2014-01-27, 01:02 AM
Liz frowned, grabbing a small bottle of oil from her pack. Opening it up, she applied the Oil of Silence to her guns. Finally, she moved her way towards the open doors opposite the entrance, peeking inside.

Benson
2014-02-02, 01:15 AM
With the light from outside lighting up a portion of the hallway where Liz stealthily moved (Cirthana herself stayed by the entrance way to the monastery along with the fox, and kept watch) the light would allow for her low light vision to provide her with details of the room.

Inside was a 25x30 room with 20 foot ceiling, twas clearly the main room of this structure. Pews of darkwood lie tipped over and covered in dust on either side of this ancient shrine. At the far end sits a large ceremonial anvil, but its surface is defaced and ruined. Of particular note is a space atop the altar containing five small depressions. From above, her ears catch the faint sound of somethings..fluttering, akin to the sound of someone billowing something cape-like..

Hawkflight
2014-02-05, 12:48 AM
With the light from outside lighting up a portion of the hallway where Liz stealthily moved (Cirthana herself stayed by the entrance way to the monastery along with the fox, and kept watch) the light would allow for her low light vision to provide her with details of the room.

Inside was a 25x30 room with 20 foot ceiling, twas clearly the main room of this structure. Pews of darkwood lie tipped over and covered in dust on either side of this ancient shrine. At the far end sits a large ceremonial anvil, but its surface is defaced and ruined. Of particular note is a space atop the altar containing five small depressions. From above, her ears catch the faint sound of somethings..fluttering, akin to the sound of someone billowing something cape-like..

Liz attempted to sneak in to get a better look at what was inside.

Benson
2014-04-03, 01:23 PM
Glancing upwards, high above in the rafters, hanging upside almost like bat-like, Liz would see a pair of billowy octopi looking creatures, their dark flesh hid them well in the dim light. However their wet raw carrion smell would easily give them away to one with a powerful sense of smell, such as Elizabeth and her scent. They seemed to not have noticed the very stealthy catgirl and continued on with their business of just hanging around, gently bellowing, waiting patiently for prey.

The creatures, two of them
http://i41.tinypic.com/2zh1gdv.jpg

Hawkflight
2014-04-21, 01:42 PM
Liz frowned and stepped out, checking out the room across the hall.